• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I am not a fan of how Harley Quinn looks in that game. I prefer her classic look from Batman: The Animated Series. Solomon Grundy looks good, though. I guess I will wait and see the entire roster and gameplay before I make my final verdict.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Game looks pretty average honestly. But I have faith in NetherRealm.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Anyone ever imagined Harry Potter grabbing with Wingardium Leviosa?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Either way, Wii U needs big name fighting games other than Smash Bros. We have that Tekken game, but we know next to nothing about it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Street Fighter x Tekken port with Captain Falcon? A man can dream...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I

@Shortiecanbrawl: More like two times Sakurai may have said "no" to Toad. I seriously doubt he would be considered in the original Smash 64 game. Not sure about Melee either since he also said "no" to Diddy Kong and Wario and they were far more important inclusion to make than a fifth Mario rep.Source?
I seriously don't think their inclusion would have stopped Toad getting in if Sakurai wanted them, but you' ARE RIGHT. He did say no to Diddy and Wario at some point. The difference is though, Toad is definitely no Wario, and isn't even a Diddy, or even a Dixie really.

I think Toon Link is going to stay
I think Young Link is what Starphoenix is talking about.

Hope for Darkstalkers 4.
Yessssssssssssss :D

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I seriously don't think their inclusion would have stopped Toad getting in if Sakurai wanted them, but you' ARE RIGHT. He did say no to Diddy and Wario at some point. The difference is though, Toad is definitely no Wario, and isn't even a Diddy, or even a Dixie really.
That is not necessarily true, Toad has A LOT of popularity and recognition amongst both gamers and non-gamers. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard his name brought up when talking to non-gamers about Super Smash Bros. New Super Mario Bros. Wii really breathed new life into Toad (and his chances). He did not have that prior to Brawl.

I think Young Link is what Starphoenix is talking about.
Nope, I'm meaning Toon Link (or little Link). If there is any Nintendo character I see as being expendable right off the bat, it's him. However, I believe Solid Snake is the likeliest to leave out of all the characters. Sonic is funny because I really do not see him leaving. Granted he could leave if Sakurai was vehemently against bringing him back, but outside of that I just don't see him going. Depending on your stripe that is either good news or bad news.

Been watching some "character predictions" videos on Youtube for the next Super Smash Bros. I want to vomit right now...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
that Isaac is interesting... i'd like it meld with my concept...
So Strong... inb4 he get's banned.

Neutral B
Move (nerfed, smaller, lesser reach, slower)

Forward B
Ragnarok (chip damage, some knockback)

Odyssey (Mew's odds) (major knockback)

Down B
Gaia Lv (picture depicted is lv3... charges like Wario Waft)

Up B
Bramble Card (stage grapple... hey, i'm trying, alright?)

Grapple
Catch/Carry/Lift (psynergetic grapple, throw... can lift like in game if down thrown, causes levitation)

Smash Forward A
Annihilation

Areal Down A
Helm Splitter (would be like link's helm splitter... not like golden sun's)

Final Smash
Titan Blade (speaks for itself)
If ever we need a character to cross over with a 3rd party fighting game (that's not weapons based), it should be Captain Falcon...
however, I doubt they'd see it and just go for a bigger name character... i don't think they would think to look at how important Captain Falcon is to smash bros... after all, his whole essence is a meme... Falcon Punch! Show your moves! Falcon Kick! Come on!

It's a shame not many companies are in tune with it's audience like Valve.

does EA have a fighting game under it's thumb? I feel like they should start making some fighting games...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You think Capcom's bad at updating fighting games, we'd get an update every six months from EA.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, Mega Man is to Capcom and Pac-Man is to Namco... Captain Falcon isn't exactly like them when it comes to being the flagship mascots of their respective franchises. That'd be Mario... but I have to wonder... what if they used the Mario from that Super Mario Bros. movie in Street Fighter X Tekken? Yes, the movie was bad but that version of Mario seems like he might fit with the rest of the cast. But then again, we got Pac-Man and the two cats. Who knows? Maybe they might play it safe and use the Mario we all know and love.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It was a waste. Putting a Metroid stage in DOA but no playable Metroid characters?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you don't have to use a flagship franchise to rep a company... just look at Cole MacGrath.

I'm saying that having captain falcon would most definitely bring in the nintendo nerds on the grounds that they played smash bros... and practically every nintendo nerd bought a Wii for Smash Bros and more... but smash bros none the less... these nerds are aware of C. Falcon's status as a "god" because of the power behind the falcon punch.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Only 5 days till E3. It feels like I've been waiting forever for this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It was a waste. Putting a Metroid stage in DOA but no playable Metroid characters?
Zero Suit Samus would work all too well in DoA if you ask me. I can see why Nintendo probably said no. :laugh:

@SFxT: Falcon Punch vs. Shoryuken. Nuff said.

EDIT: vvvv

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
About the Toad thing a while back, I wouldn't count him out entirely yet.

For one, Toads in the Mario games have been notably getting bigger roles as of late. Notably Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, with a brigade of them in the former and playable characters in the latter. Toad is also a recurring character in varies spin-offs since the 90's, even being the starring character in Wario's Woods. He at least has the advantage of seniority, which is something you can't say for Waluigi or Bowser Jr.

Plus, wasn't Toad the 4th most requested Mario character in an official poll right behind Wario?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Plus, wasn't Toad the 4th most requested Mario character in an official poll right behind Wario?
Exactly. I agree to everything you've said about Toad. And it is reasonable to believe that Sakurai may be simply going through the Melee poll regarding the Mario characters.

Bowser was #1. Peach was #2. Wario was #3. Toad was #4.

Sakurai didn't want to overload the roster with Mario characters. Smash 64 had 4 characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong. Melee added Bowser and Peach. Brawl added Wario (Diddy Kong wasn't considered part of the Mario series if we went by how the Melee poll categorized characters). Toad is next in the line. I am beginning to think that Sakurai didn't want the group of newcomers to be overloaded with Mario characters... you know, like if Sakurai was making Melee he didn't want half of the newcomers be from Mario series before he resorted to clones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That is not necessarily true, Toad has A LOT of popularity and recognition amongst both gamers and non-gamers. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard his name brought up when talking to non-gamers about Super Smash Bros. New Super Mario Bros. Wii really breathed new life into Toad (and his chances). He did not have that prior to Brawl.
Yeah I don't deny that Toad is popular, that's just a fact. And all the more reason it's significant that he's been turned down. NSMBWii didn't really do anything for Toad. I mean, really, he was a filler character who doesn't do anything different than Mario and Luigi. Toad has always been consistantly popular throughout the years, and has had the same roles over the years.

I'm not saying Toad can't happen, I'm just saying nothing has changed for him since Brawl, or Melee even. Which isn't BAD, but it's not good either.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always saw it more like Toad had other characters that out prioritized him. With most of his competition already in, he'll likely make it to the roster this time around.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm supporting Toad very much, but like many said, Sakurai might either overlook him as another human shield again, or maybe give him a chance this time. I hope so much for the latter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What moves would Toad get if he got in? I can't really think of how he would work.
Off the top of my head, Toad could shoot spores, summon mushrooms, throw turnips and POWs, use the propeller hat, ride a kart, and fly the Starshroom as a FS.

He has more to work with than Captain Falcon, Fox, ROB, etc. did.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What moves would Toad get if he got in? I can't really think of how he would work.
Ability wise, Toad has abnormal strength for his size, can attack with spores, runs up walls, utilize power ups similar to the Mario bros, hinted at having unusually good endurance, can preform a flutter jump, and is occasionally classified as a speedy character.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman

:phone:
His B-up could be the Propeller Hat, and it could work just like in NSMBW, damage enemies on the way up, hold down to land faster and hurt whoever you land on.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom