• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPW

Smash Ace
Someone was saying Falco could be cut. I really don't see that happening. That's probably one of the most unlikely cuts and the most weirdest.
I realise he is a clone. But when it comes to Starfox series he's probably the second or third most important character. I reckon if they cut Snake they should give Falco some of his moves. Such as the Rocket Launcher and Homing Missiles.
And Wolf could get Grenades and Mines in his moveset.

Sonic i am hoping can stay, but if Sakurai wants to make it about Nintendo i can see them cutting Sonic for the sake of that. Sonic i feel fits Smash Bros more than Snake. Sonic also holds quite a history with Nintendo especially in the 90's. It's possibly one of the main reasons why they thought of including him. To settle the fight once and for all.
Sonic vs Mario. Who would win?

I remember the day Sonic was introduced was like the "BEST DAY EVER!" for me. I was ecstatic that day. And i like wanted the game the next day. I really hated waiting another 6 months. I didn't even read the Sega announcement i just checked the Dojo. And you know how it has that slow picture loading time, and sometimes you see the filename before the pic. That's what happened with me so you can imagine my anticipation in that 5 secs.

If anyone's in trouble of being cut I reckon it's Lucario.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
My main worry going into Smash 4 will be about characters that have already been in Smash Bros. I obviously want Mewtwo and Roy to return. However, from Sakurai's statements about Brawl hitting the limit in terms of what's feasible, I do have a worry that Sakurai will go become "axe happy" with Smash 4. Obviously characters such as Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, and Olimar are safe. However, Brawl characters that I liked that I am worried about are Pokemon Trainer (with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), Sonic, Wolf, ROB, and Lucas. I am also worried about possiblu Jigglypuff and Falco being cut. Overall, I will be very different than most Smash Bros. fans going into Smash 4 (assuming Ridley and Mega Man are among the first characters announced). As with most Smash Bros. fans that are active with speculation still wanting many characters to get in, most of my character concerns will be with characters returning.
My thinking is why would they cut anyone. There really isn't in Brawl to cut save for Snake and Sonic and no one wants characters cut. I'd only expect those two to be cut because they are guest.

Space for characters take up no more than 20 Mb and that's being generous. If there were be to say, 54 characters (transformation included), that would take up only 1080 Mb, less than a Gb of space. So we could definitely see at least 50 characters (transformation included). The question is; will they have time?
I don't think it will be hard. If they are using Brawl's engine, it will be cake. Even still, they are already done and would have to balanced and adapted. Sakurai added new characters to Brawl. I'm sure he could muster 13/14. Also, a 45-48 roster is kind of normal in this day and age.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wouldn't it be 49-52. It's just my number plus 4 (two more Pokemon, Sheik, ZSS)
MAYBE IF YOU'RE A NERD AND KNOW BASIC MATH.

Though I guess in my head I wasn't much thinking of your numbers, and just going of Brawl's 39 + 12 or 14 newcomers. Since that's what I think is most reasonable.

Node.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
So, I haven't posted on these forums since Brawl speculation was going on, but I have been following this thread for a while now, and, out of pure boredom, I've created this 160 slot roster made up of the characters I've most primarily seen being discussed in Smash Bros. speculation throughout the years.

Obviously, this roster isn't at all realistic. As far as SSB4's actual roster goes, I would be surprised if we hit 50 characters. And I am completely aware of the fact that many of these choices stand around a 0% chance - my goal here was simply to make as comprehensive a list as possible without getting too crazy and adding characters like Navi or Master Chief or Goku from DBZ, etc. There are quite a few characters on here that I think are completely absurd and not the greatest of choices, and a few that I haven't actually seen brought up in conversation and probably stand no chance, but thought might be interesting anyways. The point was just to create something that people might be able to use to assemble their ultimate fantasy roster, within the vaguest confines of reason.

I am aware that a user-made program for creating roster images already exists, and I think it's pretty awesome. I guess this is just for anyone who might want slightly more uniform, higher res. icons to play with. It should be easy enough for anyone to edit in paint, and I invite you to have at it :)

Also, if you want to point out how big an idiot I am for forgetting about so and so, or question why the hell I put this, that and the other person on there, or bite my head off for not including the right Fire Emblem lords or Pokemon or having too many damn Wario characters, or whatever else you can think of, please do! Maybe I'll have a solid reasoning for you, maybe you'll change my mind about something, maybe I'll add another row or 5 or something crazy like that, maybe I'll stop writing in run-on sentences! Who knows?

Thought it might be something to discuss, at any rate. And sorry for interrupting the conversation with my big, irrelevant chunks of text :p For the record, I think both Snake and Sonic ought to stay, since they're both unique characters, and see no reason why either would be cut, unless Konami freaks out and does a 180. All in all, I am for no cuts.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I fail to see how Smash being different from other fighting games in general would affect Sakurai's beliefs on third parties. Just because Smash does this and that differently doesn't mean that everything will be done differently because of that. This whole thing with guests though is a completely different beast, though, I'll give you that

At this point, I'd rather expect the worst and hope for the best. I try to be a little more optimistic than this usually, but this is the first time we've ever had both guest characters and cut characters in Smash so it's hard not to be at least a little cautious of what comes next

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What about the concept of version exclusive characters, with certain characters being unique inether Smash Bros. Wii U or Smash Bros. 3DS?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about the concept of version exclusive characters, with certain characters being unique inether Smash Bros. Wii U or Smash Bros. 3DS?
Next person to suggest this will be forced to play MK vs. DC for a week straight.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am really hoping Sakurai addresses whether he will be doing cuts this time early on, like he did with Brawl. I am also hoping the topic of whether some of the Fallen Five will be brought back comes up as well.

yani

Smash Lord
I am really hoping Sakurai addresses whether he will be doing cuts this time early on, like he did with Brawl. I am also hoping the topic of whether some of the Fallen Five will be brought back comes up as well.
Sakurai at e3: "Not all of the characters will be returning"

Boo'd off stage :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai at e3: "Not all of the characters will be returning"

Boo'd off stage :troll:
If he does say "there will be cuts", I am hoping he at least gives us a number range (like 1-5). I would hope that he would just immediately name off who would not return, though I can Sakurai seeing that as a bad idea (deluge of requests begging Sakurai to reconsider cutting those characters).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ah... You're right, I'm sorry. That's the way it works, isn't it. If he were to trip while walking to the stage, then whatever he has to say afterward would make you forget about it for the moment. But if he tripped while walking off, that would be the last thing he did in front of the audience, leaving a lasting impression.

yani

Smash Lord
If he does say "there will be cuts", I am hoping he at least gives us a number range (like 1-5). I would hope that he would just immediately name off who would not return, though I can Sakurai seeing that as a bad idea (deluge of requests begging Sakurai to reconsider cutting those characters).
The only thing I think he might declare right off the bat would be a "guest policy", if he does intend to cut them in favor of new ones, or none at all.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ah... You're right, I'm sorry. That's the way it works, isn't it. If he were to trip while walking to the stage, then whatever he has to say afterward would make you forget about it for the moment. But if he tripped while walking off, that would be the last thing he did in front of the audience, leaving a lasting impression.
Actually either would be pretty memorable because of the primacy and recency effects. IMO

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I actually feel disappointed that I do not anticipate Smash 4 as much as I anticipated Melee and Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well to be fair, we know very little about this new game. Not even an official title.
In terms of characters though, the anticipation is simply not there. There were MANY characters for Melee and Brawl that I really, really wanted.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it me, or does Chrono post in his own universe?
I think of him as like, an old war veteran. He's been through a lot. This is the only place he can share his thoughts, but no one truly understands the kinds of things he feels. How many can relate to a man that has been part of the speculatory scene since the beginning?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@N3ON- Well, Sonic already have a crossover series with Nintendo that he can call home, he doesn't need to be in Smash Bros

Besides, it doesn't make sense to keep one third party but not the other. I hate to say it, really I do, but the blue dude with a 'tude can get the boot just as easily as Snake will most likely get the boot

:phone:
Really? Really?

D

Deleted member

Are people still using the Playstation game as an excuse to why Snake is going to be cut?

Smh....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait until the Dojo returns. The anticipation will build.
You did not see my follow-up comment. At this point, there are much less characters that I really want in than I did for Melee and Brawl. If I am going to anticipate Smash 4 greatly, it will be for the gameplay at this point, not the characters. I will most likely not be following Smash 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom