• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It is entirely possible that IGN is made up of random fools.

I think it was Wario and Ike, btw.
True. The people who write the articles are almost as bad as the people that comment on the articles. :laugh:

And it probably was Ike. The mix of Wario getting cut while Cloud makes it in made me fall out of my chair and I probably hit my head. :awesome:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
That article was such a huge load of fanservice it's not even funny. IGN is total garbage as a gaming news and opinion site.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think of him as like, an old war veteran. He's been through a lot. This is the only place he can share his thoughts, but no one truly understands the kinds of things he feels. How many can relate to a man that has been part of the speculatory scene since the beginning?
Indeed. I think we should be honored to have him speculating with us. The one who had followed SSB from the start. It's quite a feat. No wonder his thoughts or expectations are different from ours.

/Now gives me a lot of FE-vibes. Maybe because I tend to imagine Chrono's journey as that of FE's lords./

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis, you can't cut a princess! /Unless under indecent reasons, which I won't be going any further detail now. (-=~O-) )

But I say, most of the places expect this lovely board is full of idiots indeed. Joke topics, flame wars (we had maybe 1 or 2 long-lasting arguments but we're usually peaceful folk) and generally very biased liking on some characters. Mainly IGNorants, NeoGAF, N2insider (maan, I hate that place now) and GameFAQS. GameFAQ's seem to be full of immature Smash fans who have kept the board alive by posting only JOKE TOPICS.

Wario to be cut for Cloud. Yeaah. Let's not take these guys seriously.

/Stats? (-l´l-)? /

EDIT: Ooh, ya mean Chrono. Hmm, difficult to determine, I know what are the stats in FE-games but I haven't played a single one. Though even if I did it'd be hard to determine Chrono's stats at the moment- gotta check his posts up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why's it called NeoGAF. Isn't GAFF like a thing transomething people wear to push their balls up into their abdomen.

Basically NeoGAFFERS are bad at Smash speculation because they have no balls.

Or something.

Also I didn't want to know you were into guro.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
JPW, just... don't take these guys seriously. They must be bunch of Cloud-fans asking this up even if they have no idea how this whole system works.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Show me the person who says this so i can knock the **** out of him.

No way would they cut Wario for Cloud. FF7 has never been on a Nintendo console.
Final Fantasy VII was planned for the commercial failure Nintenfo 64DD. If only it was a success, Cloud would've made a true debute in a Nintendo console. But Black Mage reigns supreme when it comes to Final Fantasy reps.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't play a lot (none) of Final Fantasy, so what do I know, but Black Mage as a Final Fantasy/Square rep always sounded so stupid to me.

SLIME ON THE OTHERHAND~

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You are correct about Slime considering the fact that he is massively popular in Japan, had crossed over with Mario thrice, and has plenty of moveset potential. Though, some non-Dragon Guest fans or noobs would bring up the "he doesn't have limbs" excuse.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I don't play a lot (none) of Final Fantasy, so what do I know, but Black Mage as a Final Fantasy/Square rep always sounded so stupid to me.

SLIME ON THE OTHERHAND~
I know I'm going to draw the ire of the DQ fanboys here, but I always felt that people who supported Black Mage AND Slime treated third party slots as representing companies instead of characters. Like their logic is "well Square HAS to be represented and there is no good main character like Sonic or Snake to add, so let's just add a popular mascot!" Of course this logic is incredibly flawed, since it doesn't actually work like that (and no one seems to care about Chocobo, who by that same logic is just as worthy if not more worthy than Slime and ESPECIALLY Black Mage). Third parties are chosen for the specific characters, not the companies.

Let the FIREFIGHT commence!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hoots: So let me get this straight, any franchises can then get from the companies because they should represent the series, not the companies themselves?

Lulz, I find this very impractical in practice... (-l3l-);

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No, he's saying FOR EXAMPLE you don't suggest a Namco character just for the sake of having a Namco character BECAUSE NAMCO DOESN'T HAVE ANY GOOD CHARACTERS SO THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN SMASH.

Except Etemon-sama yo.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know I'm going to draw the ire of the DQ fanboys here, but I always felt that people who supported Black Mage AND Slime treated third party slots as representing companies instead of characters. Like their logic is "well Square HAS to be represented and there is no good main character like Sonic or Snake to add, so let's just add a popular mascot!" Of course this logic is incredibly flawed, since it doesn't actually work like that (and no one seems to care about Chocobo, who by that same logic is just as worthy if not more worthy than Slime and ESPECIALLY Black Mage). Third parties are chosen for the specific characters, not the companies.

Let the FIREFIGHT commence!
The problem isn't that there is no one good popular character, the problem is they have too many series that people are trying to pick from. As one of those SquareEnix fanboys, I can tell you I do not want a character in just for the heck of it but because they are from series I like. If only Crono had a chance...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Chocobo is indeed underrated. I'd go with a Moogle-Chocobo combination, but not this kind of combination:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chocobo is indeed underrated. I'd go with a Moogle-Chocobo combination, but not this kind of combination:
I see what you did there.

A wild Choogle appeared! Didn't the 3 stages of evolution Ridley been through in The Other M remind you of Pokemon? :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey I tried to get Final Fantasy fans to understand Chocobo was a good choice, but they threated me like I was crazy. :\

Still want my Chocobo & Slime.

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping that if there are cuts, Sakurai doesn't announce them. If Sakurai even announces the existence of cuts, most are going to expect 5-10 characters to be cut from Brawl's roster because of the assumption that it makes more room for newcomers.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Based on everyone's rosters on Youtube, those rabid fans still believe that Cloud has a good chance. They will never achieve their pointless goal and needs to hop aboard the Choogle/Black Mage/Slime bandwagon before it's too late.

D

Deleted member

Based on everyone's rosters on Youtube, those rabid fans still believe that Cloud has a good chance. They will never achieve their pointless goal and needs to hop aboard the Choogle/Black Mage/Slime bandwagon before it's too late.

It probably is too late to support Chocobo/Black Mage/Slime. At this rate, it's up to Sakurai and Square Enix to decide if they want those three in Smash.

Cloud has a chance if we get a Final Fantasy VII remake (since people will try to cram it down our throat), but I don't see that happening.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Cloud hasn't though contributed anything to Nintendo since the the days his game was kicked off to PS1. Also, I'm sure he'd be more fitting for Playstation All Star Battle Royale than Sm4sh.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The problem isn't that there is no one good popular character, the problem is they have too many series that people are trying to pick from. As one of those SquareEnix fanboys, I can tell you I do not want a character in just for the heck of it but because they are from series I like. If only Crono had a chance...
Again, it's not about series but about individual characters. We didn't want Sonic because he was a Sega character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yet people want Pacman because he's a Namco character yet Lloyd would be the much better pick.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it really fair to lump Slime in with those other losers like Pac-Man and Lloyd though? >:V

HE'S A METALLIC BLOB. C'MON. SO COOL.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kuma: Lol, Snake got in due Kojima's son wanting him in according to recent interviews. So I guess Snake was just lucky.

And why you must bring Lloyd again? He's yet another of the many protagonists in Tales-series, and that series has again contributed nothing to Nintendo or had very huge history with it. People just tie it to it because how successful Symphonia was on GC. (-l3l-); If Lloyd got in, then there should be loads of Tales-franchises' presentation in some form.

Pacman all the way, wakawakkers.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kuma: Lol, Snake got in due Kojima's son wanting him in according to recent interviews. So I guess Snake was just lucky.

And why you must bring Lloyd again? He's yet another of the many protagonists in Tales-series, and that series has again contributed nothing to Nintendo. People just tie it to it because how successful Symphonia was on GC. (-l3l-);

Pacman all the way, wakawakkers.
That's right! If Sonic & Snake got in due to being mascots to their respective companies, Pac Man would be the best choice since he's the face of Namco Bandai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom