• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Another problem is if he puts in content he is not sure will remain, then you have a problem when it comes time to remove something that you already promised or shown. Doesn't work out very well when you have to explain what happened.
Yeah, good points Star.

I'm guessing that Sakurai already has at least the first four newcomers decided upon, and probably a couple of stages too (though technically a trailer could work if he just showed Battlefield and/or a generic area like the one Wario was in in the Brawl trailer). I'd say the biggest variable he might not have locked down yet is negotiations for a third-party character (if he again shows one in the trailer), and it's true that he had about double the time developing Brawl before it was shown than this one.

I think the safest bet would be to show content mostly (or completely) from first-party material this time around (except for Pikachu I guess), as that is probably the easiest to obtain use of and he probably wouldn't run into trouble later on and have to remove it.

Greedy people who wouldn't be satisfied with only Nintendo characters would complain about a lack of third-party if one doesn't make it in the trailer. They should be satisfied we got anything at all, but they'll complain anyways.

For those who like the Scribblenaut series. Someone reputable just leaked that Scribblenauts Unlimited is coming to the Wii U.
I am very excited about this, I loved the first two. And I agree with Tri, it would be perfect on Wii U.

edit:
<terrifying picture>
Thanks for future nightmares Oasis.
Although if Slime got all tentacle-ly, his popularity would skyrocket in Japan. :awesome::woman:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That doesn't make him interesting.

Representing third parties is stupid. Third party characters are suppose to be something that is special. Something different. Having Slime, a character with no limbs, is not that interesting and he's only suggested to "represent" Square Enix. Start bringing up ideas that people may actually like people.
I think Solid Snake kind of destroys any attempt to make that argument work. He was neither asked for nor expected, and yet he was still playable. Slime isn't selected just because SquareEnix needs somebody, if anything it is because the Dragon Quest series has been one of the longest standing and successful series closely knit with Nintendo. It isn't about tokenism. I'm pretty sure Slime would be special for a lot of people, especially in Japan.

Or we can just settle on Geno?

Bit of a weird mood today.
Crap! What the hell man? O_O

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, Poison Geno is the best compromise.

@Oasis
That's freaking awesome.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was upset that you ignored my Megime Slan picture, Starphoenix, so I channeled that rage into drawing that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes, Poison Geno is the best compromise.

@Oasis
That's freaking awesome.
Too bad SquareEnix will never do it, they are a video game corporation. They want something that benefits them.

I was upset that you ignored my Megime Slan picture, Starphoenix, so I channeled that rage into drawing that.
I didn't, just didn't have anything to add. Self-explanatory.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Then I was upset that SmashChu called Slime uninteresting, so I channeled that rage into drawing that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
'Sup beaches=???? Anything particularly exciting happen while I was busy playing a ridiculous amount of Melee. I freaking was on a role. Then I faced SFAT in the 2nd round. He destroyed my confidence! :laugh:

Also, Slime is probably the best choice of a Square Enix character, especially given that the all important numbered Dragon Quest games are now exclusively on Nintendo consoles.

*waits for an E3 announcement that the next numbered Dragon Quest (which will be a MMORPG, unless they change it drastically) that was previously announced as a Wii and Wii U title won't be a Wii title*

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

This is where the idea of representation falls apart. It turns into filling up a quota and not on the individual "merits" of the character that would be relevant for putting a character in.
Why must you bring those horrible ponies into this?
Anyway about that rumour, I hope its true. ESPECIALLY for F-Zero, because its been too long.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis strikes again with his impressive art. Heehee!

Anyway, I'd totally wish to see SF and F-Zero being unveiled in E3. It's been ages for both series to get a proper game (especially SF which has seemingly been hated every game for now...) F-Z

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
'Sup beaches=???? Anything particularly exciting happen while I was busy playing a ridiculous amount of Melee. I freaking was on a role. Then I faced SFAT in the 2nd round. He destroyed my confidence! :laugh:

Also, Slime is probably the best choice of a Square Enix character, especially given that the all important numbered Dragon Quest games are now exclusively on Nintendo consoles.

*waits for an E3 announcement that the next numbered Dragon Quest (which will be a MMORPG, unless they change it drastically) that was previously announced as a Wii and Wii U title won't be a Wii title*
I'm hoping to see Dragon Quest X: Wii U at E3. Want to see how much they polish the graphics, and whether I'm better off just getting the Wii version. Better yet, maybe in the West all we'll get is the Wii U version, which is no skin off my back.

Please draw more Psycho Slime, Oasis.
Please do, that was freaking hilarious. If you need motivation, channel what Slime must be feeling. Overlooked and beat down, people telling him "he has no limbs and will never amount to anything", but when their backs are turned; he finally snaps. Psycho Slime.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why must you bring those horrible ponies into this?
Anyway about that rumour, I hope its true. ESPECIALLY for F-Zero, because its been too long.
Your angry response is all according to keikaku.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS=???

IT IS CRAZY JOHNKNIGHT1 E3 PREDICTION TIME!!!!

HERE'S MY CRAZY PREDICTION OF THE DECADE!!!!

Not only will Pikmin 3 finally be shown and be a part of Nintendo's E3 presentation, but another Pikmin game will be hinted at.

/you heard it here first.

SIDE NOTE TIME!!!! Also I finally got my brother to go with me to said tournament, and even though he's only played Falco for like 3 days, he's gotten good fast. And his defense in teams was amazing, even if he sucks at combos and is inconsistent at wavedashing.

Still, freaking SFAT....

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think Solid Snake kind of destroys any attempt to make that argument work. He was neither asked for nor expected, and yet he was still playable. Slime isn't selected just because SquareEnix needs somebody, if anything it is because the Dragon Quest series has been one of the longest standing and successful series closely knit with Nintendo. It isn't about tokenism. I'm pretty sure Slime would be special for a lot of people, especially in Japan.

Or we can just settle on Geno?
Ummm. Didn't your point just disprove your agument. Which series doesn't matter as much as who it is.

What your saying is the same thing I'm arguing against. You only pick Slime because of the Dragon Quest series. This thinking is flawed.

Again, third party characters are a once-in-a-lifetime thing. They may not even come back. And you want to pick Slime, a generic enemy who doesn't have limbs (and yes, I know of Sports Mix but Sakurai would not add a character without an arm). If we are picking characters, let's pick characters people like (which is Sakurai's rule, not mine). I can tell people would not like Slime. People are suggesting it because Dragon Quest "has been one of the longest standing and successful series closely knit with Nintendo."

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I want to see Psycho Starfy- always being called a weakling, hated by Sakurai and looking so generic and harmless. But his growing grudge being infused with his cosmic power is surely a recipe for mass destruction and chaos...

John: I readed that up in Youtube... is it REALLY TRUE?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
beaches don't know that Midna is totally gonna be playable. :awesome:

*waits for some rumor to happen that mentions that Nintendo may re-release of Twilight Princess to bring back the Midna/Wolf Link/Zant fans*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If I were Sakurai and in a d**k move, I would definitely "show off" an Assist Trophy character as if they were a playable newcomer.

If want to upset the most people, the choice would preferably be Mewtwo. :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh Joohn. You're quite masterful at pinching where it's painful the most.

Metal: Just how many fake rumors we're thrown at before anyone will shutup? It's like they've gone insane of boredom and no info being mentioned, so they stir up all these dumb fake rumors to mess with us...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ummm. Didn't your point just disprove your agument. Which series doesn't matter as much as who it is.

What your saying is the same thing I'm arguing against. You only pick Slime because of the Dragon Quest series. This thinking is flawed.

Again, third party characters are a once-in-a-lifetime thing. They may not even come back. And you want to pick Slime, a generic enemy who doesn't have limbs (and yes, I know of Sports Mix but Sakurai would not add a character without an arm). If we are picking characters, let's pick characters people like (which is Sakurai's rule, not mine). I can tell people would not like Slime. People are suggesting it because Dragon Quest "has been one of the longest standing and successful series closely knit with Nintendo."
It's a packaged deal, I'm thinking in terms of what SquareEnix would want to push in order to benefit. That's not something I'm going into today.

Yeah, so no one is going to receive him? Really? Do I need to sound like a broken record and point out Japan? Sure, I know what the counter-point will be, I've done this song and dance before. Although I find it hard to believe when we have Solid Snake in Brawl who is someone I doubt anyone asked for prior to Brawl. Yet he's in.

Either way I'm not really going to argue this with you. You're entitled to your opinion and your stance. Not trying to lay out an gilded argument.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Shown" can merely mean one picture saying "Star Fox," "F-Zero" and "Super Smash Bros." (Wii U or 3DS). That is why I am not hesitating to consider it as possible true.

Still, I am not that concerned either way. Regardless, we will see the next F-Zero, Star Fox, and Smash Bros. games eventually. The question is what will be presented, who will present it (and be working on it), when it will be presented, how it will be presented (a video, trailer, teaser, picture, a mere mention=???), etc.

Now if it said 20 zillion characters were confirmed in smash, you could visit a thousand planets in Star Fox (and Fox dies early on), and F-Zero mixed and mashed with the Mario universe, then I would call this crap fake instantly. Of course, that is why we cling to these rumors as such. But that's just me (us?) being a Silly goose, of course.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Regardless, eventually Star Fox Wii U or 3DS will be revealed to being in developed, as well as F-Zero Wii U or 3DS will be revealed to be in the works. That is unless those franchise are now "dead" which I doubt. Especially F-Zero, especially seeing as how the series has slowly got more and more popular until F-Zero G/X never got a proper sequel.

And we all know Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS are going to be shown. It is just a matter of time! :cool:

I am not just expecting Pikmin 3 to be shown, but Pikmin 4 to be hinted at during some point of E3. That's right. I have Big BallS (of Steel=???).

D

Deleted member

Uh, no. Japan heavily likes Slime, Slime is an icon, and again, Slime is the mascot of the series that even got its own spin-off series. In fact, Slime is about Mega Man level when it comes to a 3rd Party choice over there.
You want to talk a generic enemy, talk Pikachu, which was nothing more than a minor creature you could capture that's weak and pitiful.
"B-but, Pikachu is the mascot and everyone knows about him!!!" Same argument applies to Slime.
And no character without an arm? :ivysaur: says hi.
"B-but, Ivysaur has vines it can use!!!" Slime is able to stretch and morph it's body. Also, as Sports Mix proved, it doesn't NEED arms to grab and hold onto things, as it can clearly use a hockey stick with no problem.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley has arms, but Ivysaur doesn't and is playable=???

Ridley deconfirmed. Because having arms means you can't be playable. :shades:

Also, I want to represent myself when I finally kick all of your collective butts in Smash Wii U/3DS. That's the only representation I care about! :grin:

D

Deleted member

Ridley has arms, but Ivysaur doesn't and is playable=???

Ridley deconfirmed. Because having arms means you can't be playable. :shades:

Also, I want to represent myself when I finally kick all of your collective butts in Smash Wii U/3DS. That's the only representation I care about! :grin:
Super Ivysaur Bros. Brawl.

ivysaur.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
John: Not gonna happen. When Sakurai would unveil my dear unloved obscurities as playables, I'll go definitely kick your butts and prove hidden gems can shine even brighter than so worn-out cashcow gold. HEEHEEHEE.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Horsetail
That's not gonna happen bro. I am too good of a smash bro to lose to a puny fool like you.

Simply put, I will eat you like a burrito, chew on you like a burrito, taste you like a burrito, digest you like a burrito, and crap you out like a burrito---Nasty and all over everywhere!

;)

Edit: That's right BEACHES! I am TRASH TALKING about how good I am at a game that won't be out for another 3 to 5 years!!!

:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom