• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
On a side note, the next DLC lord for FE13 is Eirika from FE8. Looks like they turned her from a sword-lord into a staff-wielder.

That's a fabulous dress Eirika is wearing. Wonder who the lucky groom is? inb4 someone says Ephraim

Interesting how they added another FE8 character before they added an FE7 one though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On a side note, the next DLC lord for FE13 is Eirika from FE8. Looks like they turned her from a sword-lord into a staff-wielder.

While I like her redesign better than Celice's, turning her into a sword/staff user and having her in a wedding dress of all things is very questionable (did they even play FE8?).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My expectations are low for Smash 4. The only Nintendo character left that I truly feel needs to be added in is Ridley. Other than that, the only other "true" newcomer I am really hoping for is Mega Man. Mewtwo and Roy are my next biggest hopes after those two.

I really hope Sakurai that Smash 4's roster is an increase over Brawl's, and that Sakurai keeps most of Brawl's roster (as in does not cut anyone outside of Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, and Toon Link). My personal preference would be Sakurai keeping everyone. I can understand Sakurai thinking that there are only a handful of characters left worthy enough to become playable in Smash Bros., but I don't think it would be good if Sakurai kept Smash 4's roster size the same as Brawl's while also cutting many characters. That would be horrible, especially considering that most of the characters already in Smash Bros. are more worthy of being in than the characters not already in.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
My expectations are low for Smash 4. The only Nintendo character left that I truly feel needs to be added in is Ridley. Other than that, the only other "true" newcomer I am really hoping for is Mega Man. Mewtwo and Roy are my next biggest hopes after those two.

I really hope Sakurai that Smash 4's roster is an increase over Brawl's, and that Sakurai keeps most of Brawl's roster (as in does not cut anyone outside of Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, and Toon Link). My personal preference would be Sakurai keeping everyone. I can understand Sakurai thinking that there are only a handful of characters left worthy enough to become playable in Smash Bros., but I don't think it would be good if Sakurai kept Smash 4's roster size the same as Brawl's while also cutting many characters. That would be horrible, especially considering that most of the characters already in Smash Bros. are more worthy of being in than the characters not already in.
Don't worry. There are a bunch of great potential additions other than Ridley. What about characters like K. Rool, Saki, Isaac, Starfy, Little Mac, Shulk, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, Krystal, etc? Sure most of them aren't as well known as characters like Mario, but theyre all worthy. I think Sakurai likes to say that he is going to keep the roster small just so we don't get our hopes up and start thinking of crazy ideas. Then there is no pressure on him to deliver, but he wants to anyway.

He's not stupid. He knows what Smash fans want, as much as he tries to pretend that he doesn't care.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I don't think there are any new characters that are "needed" at the moment. A specific exclusion of a newcomer that I like will not cause me to not buy the game. If none of the characters I wanted got in, that'd be a different story, but there's around thirty characters I would want to see in, so I think I'll get at least one that I want (but if Mega Man does get in, I'm buying this at all cost).

As for veterans, I would say so. I classify "needed" characters as characters that I feel are necessary for me to buy the game. Characters like Mario, Luigi, and Link. If any of those characters I feel are "needed" don't get in, I wont buy. Thankfully, I feel all of those "needed" characters are a sure bet to return.

@Shortiecanbrawl: More like two times Sakurai may have said "no" to Toad. I seriously doubt he would be considered in the original Smash 64 game. Not sure about Melee either since he also said "no" to Diddy Kong and Wario and they were far more important inclusion to make than a fifth Mario rep.
Starphoenix said:
Another topic:

Fire Emblem: Awakening might just be three weeks away from becoming the best selling Fire Emblem in history in Japan.
Source? I've looked at FE13's sales and it's standing at 380,000 (on VGChartz, so I need a more reliable source).
Starphoenix said:
The only characters I see at risk of being removed are Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Toon Link, Lucario and Ike. The way I see the pecking order is as follows, from likeliest to leave on the left to less likelier on the right..

Solid Snake > Toon Link > Sonic The Hedgehog > Ike > Lucario
I think Toon Link is going to stay

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i prefer this one:

look at that RAPIER! would be used totally different from any Marth clones

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dunno but seems like all these lords becoming DLC's get some sort of "makeover". So we shouldn't take them that seriously. Maybe it's for celebrational costume play!

JPW

Smash Ace

Now onto the roster i made up. I haven't had a chance to go into detail of my choices. I had to be somewhere today so i kind of left this without getting back to it.

I didn't want to go overboard, for starters. I want it to be no more than 50. I think 50+ is dreaming mode. If anything i reckon 42-48 is believable.

I'll start with Snake. I reckon he'll make a better fit in Sony's game. And I can see Sony fighting for third parties in their game more than Nintendo. I think it'll work good that way too. Have the majority of third party characters on Sony's game and have just a few on Nintendo's. I'm not sure about cutting Snake. But i feel he is over powered and it takes a certain brawler to get used to him and use him well. Smash Bros. should be a simple fun fighting game. It shouldn't be going overboard. I was also feeling to make Starfox characters less of a clone style Falco can use a Rocket Launcher, and a Homing Missile. Wolf can use Grenades and Mines.

I left off G & W i only realised that after i posted it. That is a mistake and will be fixed up in the next draft. I personally don't like him, but he is the perfect WTF character.

I'm saying Krystal because I feel the female roster really needs a workout. Brawl feels like a manly roster. It's got that manly feel. I believe if more female characters were thrown in it could bring in the girls. And I actually see Krystal developing a Kilik moveset. For those who don't know Kilik is SC Fighter and has a Rod for his weapon. And it is an awesome weapon. I see pretty much the same moves coming to light with a Staff. That is my reason for choosing Krystal.

I realise Ike coming back are very slim. Krom has a lot of similarities to Ike. I would of loved to see a Rambo Ike though in the next Smash. And I feel Ike is probably the second most important character in the FE series. He's the only other character besides Marth to be a Lord in 2 games.

I really feel Roy is not coming back, he's popular in polls. But I don't want Roy back if he's not bringing anything new to the table.

Isaac, i reckon if they really tried they could work out a moveset.

Megaman i'm a bit mixed on this too. He's the perfect for Smash Bros. And he started on Nintendo. So it's logical. I know Capcom aren't very high on him though as of late.

Little Mac I reckon would be an awesome addition to the roster and a boxer would be very unique. You could even do a Punch Combo.

I believe that's it for tonight. Nothing more to say right.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When Isaac would so EFFORTLESSLY bring a balls ton of FRESHNESS to the roster, why say they'd have to "really try" to work out a moveset.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
R.O.B. i mentioned last time that he's/it's not on your roster... so... did you forget about him/it or do you not like him/it and not want him/it to return?

both rob and G&W aren't on your roster buy you give mention to G&W so that's alright.

JPW

Smash Ace
Okay they probably don't have to really try for a move with Isaac. There are moves that could bring a ton of potential. I would love for his Hand Move to be a Final Smash or even have something like Judgment.

I also reckon Isaac could bring moves like Ragnorak, and Quake even.

I kind of don't like ROB. I barely ever use him and i don't many that do. And I was trying to keep it under 48.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you have a roster of 45 slots, yea? adding in those two, put them on opposing sides of the random slot, put the random slot in the center row and, boom! your roster looks clean with 47 slots... well 48 with the random slot.

JPW

Smash Ace
okay i'll include ROB in the next one. But I don't know how poll works but i feel there isn't that much of a popular pull for ROB.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
JPW: Uhh, I hope you aren't just being sorta angry to the developers again due not including Isaac as playable. But Oasis's right. Isaac wouldn't be difficult to give a moveset for. And when I mean a moveset, an original one.

JPW

Smash Ace
I haven't heard of any interviews with Sakurai outruling Isaac for SSB4 if there are any let me know. But if you want i can make a moveset for Isaac then i reckon could work. It'll be my first moveset so i wont really know what to include. I'll look at examples of how they do it for others and go from there. But by this weekend i will aim to have a moveset to show it is possible.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While I like her redesign better than Celice's, turning her into a sword/staff user and having her in a wedding dress of all things is very questionable (did they even play FE8?).
Maybe she's getting married to Seth?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
JPW: Now, we haven't ever said anything like Sakurai outruling Isaac or even anything near that. (-l´l-);
But do sure bring out the moveset when it's done.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
JPW: Uhh, I hope you aren't just being sorta angry to the developers again due not including Isaac as playable. But Oasis's right. Isaac wouldn't be difficult to give a moveset for. And when I mean a moveset, an original one.
Well, I tried to make an original moveset for Isaac (or Matthew, I don't care which one) and most people said it would be too complicated for the developers. It involved changing classes with Down+B so the Venus Adept would have two, three, or four Venus Djinn set or on standby and he would have three different sets of special moves (the A moves remain the same).

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
So pretty much what has been said before has been reiterated?

And both times Sakurai used the number 50....
Wonder if that actually means anything, like if it will be 50 (by his standards; remember, in his eyes, Brawl has 39 characters) or slightly less.
In my viewpoint, I feel at most we'll get 11 new (or returning, in the case of Mewtwo and Roy) characters, because again, Sakurai sees Brawl as having 39 characters.
EDIT: Which would be 46 actual slots.
He does seem to be mentioning 50 characters fairly often. I wonder if that's what he sees as the limit for SSB4's roster.

JPW

Smash Ace
I reckon Isaac could have a chance. And it is a dream of mine. And this could help Golden Sun get out there to a bigger audience. And they've made movesets for characters we never thought would be possible. So why can't they do something with Isaac?

JPW

Smash Ace
I think we should keep him on the Earth magic. don't really let him change classes. I guess we could customize depending on the shade we choose could depend on the djinn elements he uses.

It would be too much code and i don't think they would go that far for Isaac though. But what i see happening is maybe something like an Ike Charge and at the End he does a Jump with his sword. I don't know i really need to sit down and think.

sorry double post i thought someone would of replied by now. You guys are pretty fast at times.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
So Strong... inb4 he get's banned.

Neutral B
Move (nerfed, smaller, lesser reach, slower)

Forward B
Ragnarok (chip damage, some knockback)

Odyssey (Mew's odds) (major knockback)

Down B
Gaia Lv (picture depicted is lv3... charges like Wario Waft)

Up B
Bramble Card (stage grapple... hey, i'm trying, alright?)

Grapple
Catch/Carry/Lift (psynergetic grapple, throw... can lift like in game if down thrown, causes levitation)

Smash Forward A
Annihilation

Areal Down A
Helm Splitter (would be like link's helm splitter... not like golden sun's)

Final Smash
Titan Blade (speaks for itself)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think people see Isaac as unlikely because of moveset difficulties. I think most people can agree that Isaac would bring a unique moveset that wouldn't be that much of a stretch to create.

I'd still love to see him, but I think the people who view him as improbable think so because since Brawl the series has only received one "less than stellar game" (I still liked it), and has lost relevance in relation to some of the other competition for Smash. I've also heard talk that he is no longer popular or requested enough, but outside this thread he still shows up on alot of rosters.

Someone who doesn't support Isaac, or doesn't think he is likely, could you bring up the points against him again? I don't remember if I got them all or summed them up well enough.

But anyway, the moveset wouldn't be difficult to create. Just have it revolve around Earth psynergy, with a few (only a few) sword attacks thrown in. Changing classes/djinn could be possible, but it would cause the moveset to get fairly complicated, which I doubt the developers would do, when they could create a simpler moveset that would work fine as well.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Sakurai indicates anything by 50 characters. He probably just use it as an example number since most of us think around 50 slots anyway is going to be the number.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I tried to make an original moveset for Isaac (or Matthew, I don't care which one) and most people said it would be too complicated for the developers. It involved changing classes with Down+B so the Venus Adept would have two, three, or four Venus Djinn set or on standby and he would have three different sets of special moves (the A moves remain the same).
The key problem is that you must rotate out classes. It's like wanting to go from Squirtle to Charizard. It's just not possible in Smash's design due to its simplistic controls. Then again, Virtua Fighter has two attack buttons and a guard button. I seriously wonder what would happen if B became another attack button and you switched to motion inputs for specials.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you don't need Djinn to make a moveset for Isaac... you can make a basic one like i did.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No one liked it because the idea sucked.

Issac's moveset is earth element attacks with sword attacks. Not hard.

JPW

Smash Ace
@augustoflores

I still feel there is some fault there. no offence. I guess this is where the negativity and controversy comes. But Catch doesn't seem to fit it looks like a horrible way to grab.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@augusto
I'm not saying it was needed, just pointing out an inherent flaw in it. It's like MSG's Deoxys' moveset which has the same problem.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hey! i'm trying... it's like someone like mewtwo (anime) were to grab via psychic... it's not grabbing with your physical hands.

besides, you're thinking too much with the origins mentality... i mean look at Din's Fire... Link never used it that way and it looks and functions totally different from it's origin.

OH!! and you are now a Smash Ace... congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom