• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh crap, I just thought of something Nintendo could do. Hold a Super Smash Bros 4 poll on their Facebook for several weeks and have the results submitted to their Japanese offices, and NCL would do likewise in Japan. :o

That's an effective use of social media.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I don't know about that, but I do know that it was revealed at E3 2001.

Also, Final Fantasy XV rumor for PS3 and Wii-U. Any chance this is true? If so, am I the only person who expects it to do absolutely nothing for Smash and have people assume it does?
Starphoenix said:
Oh crap, I just thought of something Nintendo could do. Hold a Super Smash Bros 4 poll on their Facebook for several weeks and have the results submitted to their Japanese offices, and NCL would do likewise in Japan. :o

I'd be up for it. Just to be nice to them (if it does happen) I won't request Astro Boy or Kid Goku.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, Final Fantasy XV rumor for PS3 and Wii-U. Any chance this is true? If so, am I the only person who expects it to do absolutely nothing for Smash and have people assume it does?[/QUOTE]

It's fake.

I'd be up for it. Just to be nice to them (if it does happen) I won't request Astro Boy or Kid Goku.
I feel sorry for the poor interns having to sift through everything to remove ineligible choices and double votes.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Someone tell me what rumors are debunked, and which are still rollin!

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else feel old when considering smash?

It saddens me that I'll probably be 20 or 21 when smash 4 comes out. I still long for the days when I used to play smash 64 when i was 8 and without a care in the world. Things in my life already seem more compolicated. I feel like other responsibilities will get in the way of my greatest solace
Sorry for rambling, but does anyone else feel this way?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else feel old when considering smash?

It saddens me that I'll probably be 20 or 21 when smash 4 comes out. I still long for the days when I used to play smash 64 when i was 8 and without a care in the world. Things in my life already seem more compolicated. I feel like I won

Sorry for rambling, but does anyone else feel this way?

I'm 18 and I don't feel old about Smash and me at all and probably won't by the time Smash 4 is out. Now Smash 5 on the other hand? Probably so.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Zelda Discussion:

I won't lie, a topdown Zelda reminiscent of A Link to The Past would probably make me cry man tears.
Reminds me of when Uprising was announced. I still get goosebumps just watching the trailer. It's a good feeling when one gets what one desires.

I still have to finish LttP, but even I know that would great.

I forgot we have Facebook now. lol

That would work out nicely, I believe they did something similar for Tekken x Street Fighter.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Also, Final Fantasy XV rumor for PS3 and Wii-U. Any chance this is true? If so, am I the only person who expects it to do absolutely nothing for Smash and have people assume it does?I'd be up for it.
This is Final Fantasy Versus 13... considering what happened to Agito 13 becoming Type-0, this may be a legit move making versus a new world not of the fabula nova chrysalis... of which is already expanding through XIII-2 and the forthcoming XIII-3. versus was only releasing on PS3 originally because of the blue-ray's massive amounts of data storage... with a similar storage space, it was beneficial to go in the Wii U.

However... it is Manic Week... the worst week in gaming... the epic wait holds no one from seeking ANY information before the big reveal.

Here's the Hard Truth that may affect your trust in this. There are classes that study Memes and going viral. This is a possible attempt to "go viral" for an A in success. A graphic designer could easily mock up a Final Fantasy XV and make it appear as if it were by the company at hand. They study the techniques and replicate. It happens all the time...

I for one, believe it's real.

@neon Tiger... I'm 21 now and i don't feel old.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is feeling old such a bad thing. I'll probably be 24 when Smash comes out. I like to think maybe I'll have a wife to play it with by then.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
alright... so... how about that Project H.A.M.M.E.R. huh? it may resurface as a Wii U title

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Enlighten me. What is this "Project H.A.M.M.E.R.?
A video game for the Wii where you were supposed to play as this guy with a giant mechanical hammer as your main weapon. It was revealed in E3 2006 along with several other Wii games, but it wasn't heard from since. It's vaporware at the moment, but it "might come back" in the future.

Video for H.A.M.M.E.R. It doesn't look that great now, but when the wii was first announced it was shown alongside Wii Sports and other "waggle" games. It showed the wiimote could be used for "hardcore games" and be just as fun.

...then it just, kinda, disappeared.

yani

Smash Lord
Nintendo Power: With so much content packed into the previous Smash Bros. games, what difficulties do you encounter when creating a new one?

Sakurai: It isn't a matter of "if the next game has 50 characters, that'll be enough." There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance, and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and make them feel distinctive... In terms of quantity, we've probably already reached the limit of what's feasible. I think a change of direction might be what's needed.

D

Deleted member

Looks like the quote below looks like new material.
Nintendo Power: With so much content packed into the previous Smash Bros. games, what difficulties do you encounter when creating a new one?

Sakurai: It isn't a matter of "if the next game has 50 characters, that'll be enough." There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance, and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and make them feel distinctive... In terms of quantity, we've probably already reached the limit of what's feasible. I think a change of direction might be what's needed.
Can't really say I'm surprised by this, but this is going to change a LOT about how we think about characters. Let's hope the new direction taken will be a great one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Eh, I'm not too happy. I kind of expected something like that to be said eventually... I mean he's talking about balance which is nice...

But I don't want to know what he means by a new direction...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looks like the quote below looks like new material.Can't really say I'm surprised by this, but this is going to change a LOT about how we think about characters. Let's hope the new direction taken will be a great one.
Before everyone begins freaking out and thinking this means we are only going to have five new characters (hyperbole) I just need to say this up front. He is not saying he cannot or will not put in fifty characters (though I would not go around expecting more than that), all he is to get across is it is simply not enough to buff the roster and call it a day. He has said this countless times before, it is not some new idea that magically came from somewhere changing anything we have already concluded.

The positive out of this is it means he probably won't be cutting anyone.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was actually pretty decent, but no one cared.

Also Golden, would you trust a non-Capcom company to make a good Marvel fighting game?

Arcsys?

Looks like the quote below looks like new material.Can't really say I'm surprised by this, but this is going to change a LOT about how we think about characters. Let's hope the new direction taken will be a great one.
This is why I think there are so many things you can do with the gameplay that would make a similar sized roster justifying. Say we bring half the cast of Brawl back (hypothetically) and include a new half. Everyone returning is sent back to the drawing board with completely new movesets with things like chains, new moves, etc. to accommodate the new mechanics. With all the work done on just the returning character, you basically have new characters, even if it's refreshed characters.

Anyone else's thoughts on a Paradigm System for Smash?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll take a diverse, balanced, and deep 25 man roster over Brawl's roster any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom