• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

First game title has 33 characters
Second game title has 27 characters,
Third game title has 19 characters.

Nintendo Vs. Capcom :o
I would be in absolute joy if Nintendo vs. Capcom was revealed. Seriously hoping one comes along eventually because I would definitely buy that.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Nintendo vs. Capcom was going to be produced if the licencing for all the Tatsunoko characters in the west wasn't acquired for a western release of TvC.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Honestly trying to figure out Nintendo's little game is hard to do, because we do not know if spaces are taken into consideration, or even if the length of each bar is significant. It's fun for passing the time, but honestly if they don't plan on throwing some more bones it is just going to make the weekend long for some people. Good viral marketing ploy though.

Nintendo vs. Capcom was going to be produced if the licencing for all the Tatsunoko characters in the west wasn't acquired for a western release of TvC.
Wait, what? I know Nitsuma stated his dream crossover to develop was Nintendo Vs. Capcom, but I have never heard that before.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@juggernaut
Yea bit I don't see them doing that especially considering how long it took to make a 2nd luigi's mansion.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aren't we fellas just the best, just looking down upon them and going "tsk tsk" at times... Makes me feel like an elite with you guys. (->v<-)

SSBFievel: Indeed. Indeeed. Ohh, I'd go batcrazy. I wonder who I'd play as??? /BATSU, BATSU BATSUUU/

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You know what I REALLY want to see? Nintendo x Marvel. I'd probably be able to die almost happy then.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nintendo x Digimon x Godzilla x One Piece x etc.

It's like those math problems you used to have to do in elementary school. "What numbers come next in the pattern?"

And I'm glad that you're still Strong, Chunk.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo x Sega x Capcom x Konami x Namco: Super Hyper Turbo Ultimate Championship edition Game Of The Year Edition+ version 1.2

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Wait, what? I know Nitsuma stated his dream crossover to develop was Nintendo Vs. Capcom, but I have never heard that before.
I'm looking for the article on Kotaku/Destructoid atm. But yeah, at a panel at SD Comic Con Ryota Nitsuma said that at one point he looked to pitch the idea to Nintendo (at the time Capcom already alloted characters for [insert property] vs Capcom so Capcom was set) if TvC wasn't going to be a global release. Square Enix would have been his second choice but he wanted something that would make sense to have as a Wii exclusive since SF and MvC weren't going to be on this console. Rights for the old Tatsunoko characters hadn't been renewed in years in many countries so releasing the game worldwide was easier than they expected and thus, the idea of having NvC was put away for now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm looking for the article on Kotaku/Destructoid atm. But yeah, at a panel at SD Comic Con Ryota Nitsuma said that at one point he looked to pitch the idea to Nintendo (at the time Capcom already alloted characters for [insert property] vs Capcom so Capcom was set) if TvC wasn't going to be a global release. Square Enix would have been his second choice but he wanted something that would make sense to have as a Wii exclusive since SF and MvC weren't going to be on this console. Rights for the old Tatsunoko characters hadn't been renewed in years in many countries so releasing the game worldwide was easier than they expected and thus, the idea of having NvC was put away for now.
I have been saying it since the idea came up, it's just a matter of time.

MvC3 came, TvC came, SFxT came, NvC will come.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
You know when people are thinking that NintendoxCapcom is a good idea, the thread is pretty much dead. Having Nintendo characters fighting the likes of Tron Bonne and Nemesis... I really don't get you people some times.

@juggernaut
Yea bit I don't see them doing that especially considering how long it took to make a 2nd luigi's mansion.

The only way they would interact is if they are being released around the same time.

...and Luigi's Mansion Wiiu is going to be shown off this year at E3. Not very likely though.

The question regarding Nintendo vs Capcom which gameplay style would you guys prefer: Smash bros (percentage, knock-outs, platformer-like stages), MvsC (2 player tag team, lifebars, fixed movement), or a weird mixture of both?

Unless someone can think of a better topic:?:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That's not true look at the all the Pokemon games home and portable that interact that weren't released at the same time.

yani

Smash Lord
@Holder , Chu, any other Shulk fans

How would y'all like this Shulk moveset?

B: Slit Edge - Deals devastating damage if opponent is shielding; weak to moderate damage otherwise.
Up-B: Air Slash - A jumping attack that begins in a weak slash downward culminating in a spike attack below him. Breaks shields.
Side-B: Stream Edge - Damages targets a significant distance in front of Shulk.
Down-B: Shadow Eye - Shulk becomes invisible and invulnerable for a brief moment, allowing him to escape attacks. Makes a powerful slash when visibility returns.

Final Smash: Monado Arts - Shulk's eyes glow blue and the Monado extends for the following attacks. Effect lasts for 15 seconds. Raises speed slightly and defense drastically.

B: Buster - Damages all enemies within range of the sword.
Up-B: Cyclone - Raises a cyclone around Shulk that propels him upward and traps/damages anyone caught in it.
Side-B: Eater - Damages around Shulk; any opponent immediately surrounding Shulk to take continuous damage for a few seconds.
Down-B: Purge - A finishing blow that automatically ends the Monado Arts phase. Seals the opponent and then hits them for a critical attack with fantastic knockback. Get as much as you can out of the other attacks but risk missing the chance to finish them off with a purge, or go for the kill immediately?

Credit to Iridium at Ns2.

I love it, only thing I would change is the Down B to a counter where he has a vision + responds.

D

Deleted member

You know when people are thinking that NintendoxCapcom is a good idea, the thread is pretty much dead. Having Nintendo characters fighting the likes of Tron Bonne and Nemesis... I really don't get you people some times.

Tell a person back just a year ago that a Nobunga x Pokemon cross-over would work, people would laugh at you. If that can work, so can a Nintendo x Capcom fighting game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only way they would interact is if they are being released around the same time.

...and Luigi's Mansion Wiiu is going to be shown off this year at E3. Not very likely though.

The question regarding Nintendo vs Capcom which gameplay style would you guys prefer: Smash bros (percentage, knock-outs, platformer-like stages), MvsC (2 player tag team, lifebars, fixed movement), or a weird mixture of both?

Unless someone can think of a better topic:?:
Why not both? Look at Street Fighter X Tekken (Street Fighter style) and Tekken X Street Fighter (Tekken style). Nintendo X Capcom would be Smash style. Capcom X Nintendo would be MvC style.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's talk 3rd party assist characters Name the character that's playable, the assist and how it works.

Templete

Character:
Assist:
Function:

Character: Megaman
Assist: Zero
Function: In my mind Zero has the potential to function like whichever sword-based assist character has been promoted to playable but otherwise Punches the ground and unleashes that pillars of energy attack.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol, Nemesis isn't even that hard to tone down or fit in into a T-rated game

Look at UMvC3, he's playable alongside characters like Felicia, Hsien Ko, Viewtiful Joe, etc

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

First off I'm pretty sure Capcom wouldn't be putting Nemesis in a hypothetical crossover title, secondly there are a lot of Nintendo characters that can mesh with Capcom series, not everything is bright and cheery. The only series that I could see being out of place is Mario and Kirby (maybe Pokemon), but even then it can work. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom was pretty damn nonsensical, and half of the Tatsunoko cast is no more serious than some of Nintendo's IPs. Don't even make me have to pull out the Link in Soul Calibur II card.

It's one thing if you don't like the idea, but don't make it sound like it is the worst crossover idea out there, or that people talking about it are idiots. That's reserved for that crappy Star Fox x Metroid rumor that barely even deserves discussion.

Speaking of which...

Turns out the Star Fox x Metroid rumor is false. Finally. Although some of the things said in the article make me believe that Retro might be working on another Nintendo IP. Which, if true, could be bad news for those wanting an original IP.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...aking-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Star: Aww, and I so wished to see it too. (-l´l-); But what can we do. I hope E3 has something all new to show us.

Hey guys, should I get going to do a chatroom for us when the E3's near?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We should probably just go ahead and take most of this discussion to the backroom anyways. I think we are all guilty of straying off topic right now. Not like there is much to talk, but our excitement would be better expressed in its appropriate place. Go ahead and set one up if you wish Horsetail.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Star: Aww, and I so wished to see it too. (-l´l-); But what can we do. I hope E3 has something all new to show us.

Hey guys, should I get going to do a chatroom for us when the E3's near?
Considering we filled about 5 pages in a day it's proboly best.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
First off I'm pretty sure Capcom wouldn't be putting Nemesis in a hypothetical crossover title, secondly there are a lot of Nintendo characters that can mesh with Capcom series, not everything is bright and cheery. The only series that I could see being out of place is Mario and Kirby (maybe Pokemon), but even then it can work. Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom was pretty damn nonsensical, and half of the Tatsunoko cast is no more serious than some of Nintendo's IPs. Don't even make me have to pull out the Link in Soul Calibur II card.

It's one thing if you don't like the idea, but don't make it sound like it is the worst crossover idea out there, or that people talking about it are idiots. That's reserved for that crappy Star Fox x Metroid rumor that barely even deserves discussion.

Speaking of which...

Turns out the Star Fox x Metroid rumor is false. Finally. Although some of the things said in the article make me believe that Retro might be working on another Nintendo IP. Which, if true, could be bad news for those wanting an original IP.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...aking-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/
Yeah. My point that it wasn't nonsensical or impossible. My point is that its a terrible idea. Wasting literally half of a roster on CAPCOM CHARACTERS?! Just a waste of a game. Nintendo is good enough and has enough quality characters to not waste potential by partnering with Capcom. I know you guys were just daydreaming, but I felt the need ti clarify my point.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, wasting half a Roster on Capcom characters for Marvel vs. Capcom was a waste as well.
I mean, Marvel has the quality characters to make for at least TWICE the MvC2 roster, and it'd be a waste to limit it because of something like Crapcom.

I don't know what Marvel was thinking....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What's so "wasting" about that? (-ù,ú-)? It doesn't need to be another Smash-installment, preferably it can be a game of it's own. And Yuui has a point. If it did work with Marvel and TATSUNOKO, then why not Nintendo?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah. My point that it wasn't nonsensical or impossible. My point is that its a terrible idea. Wasting literally half of a roster on CAPCOM CHARACTERS?! Just a waste of a game. Nintendo is good enough and has enough quality characters to not waste potential by partnering with Capcom. I know you guys were just daydreaming, but I felt the need ti clarify my point.

Well perhaps I should clarify my point as well. I can only speak for myself, but I was not talking about Nintendo developing this game, I was talking about Capcom developing this project as the next entry in their Vs. series. Even though it is a Capcom project I can guarantee you Nintendo would be very much involved with promotion, especially since they want games to appeal to wider demographics.

Either way, whether Nitsuma gets his wish or not I have no clue. It would be nice to have a exclusive fighter right off the bat for the Wii U not named SFxT.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
What's so "wasting" about that? (-ù,ú-)? It doesn't need to be another Smash-installment, preferably it can be a game of it's own. And Yuui has a point. If it did work with Marvel and TATSUNOKO, then why not Nintendo?
Because Marvel and Tatsunoko NEED Capcom to sell games. No one would buy an all marvel fighting game. Nintendo doesn't need that.

And especially now that Nintendo characters have been defined fighting wise through Smash, why would Nintendo want them to be thrown into some generic traditional crossover arcade fighter? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is a lot of clamoring on Nintendo's Facebook for Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Still cannot believe so many people believe it could be a launch title game.

Because Marvel and Tatsunoko NEED Capcom to sell games. No one would buy an all marvel fighting game. Nintendo doesn't need that.

And especially now that Nintendo characters have been defined fighting wise through Smash, why would Nintendo want them to be thrown into some generic traditional crossover arcade fighter? Just doesn't make sense to me.

It gives people like Kuma something to occupy his time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom