• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

lolatmarvelneedingcapcomtosellgames

They didn't in the past, and they don't now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Because Marvel and Tatsunoko NEED Capcom to sell games. No one would buy an all marvel fighting game.
Didn't the Mavel vs Capcom series start out Marvel only?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
lolatmarvelneedingcapcomtosellgames

They didn't in the past, and they don't now.
Im talking about now. Do you think that if Marvel hired some small company that wasn't Capcom, licensed them to invent a BRAND NEW fighting game featuring Marvel characters and DIDN'T have the hype of Marvel Vs. Capcom, anyone would actually care? Or care CLOSE to the same extent as MVC3?

:phone:

BecauseMarvel and Tatsunoko NEED Capcom to sell games. No one would buy an all marvel fighting game. Nintendo doesn't need that.

And especially now that Nintendo characters have been defined fighting wise through Smash, why would Nintendo want them to be thrown into some generic traditional crossover arcade fighter? Just doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnzclC3MEKU

Now, stop being silly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Considering Mario's Smash 64 move set is obviously based off of Ryu I could see it working but there'd have to be a lot reworking.

For the curious
Fireball = Hadouken
Super Jump Punch = Shoryuken
Mario Tornado = Tatsumaki Sepukiablahblah I can never spell that right.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm crazy...
I'm seeing goombas in the sitting areas of the Pokemon Stadium 2....
Anybody care to confirm this?

EDIT: I'm talking about the stage in brawl

D

Deleted member

Im talking about now. Do you think that if Marvel hired some small company that wasn't Capcom, licensed them to invent a BRAND NEW fighting game featuring Marvel characters and DIDN'T have the hype of Marvel Vs. Capcom, anyone would actually care? Or care CLOSE to the same extent as MVC3?

I do, actually. As long as the company doesn't make the game suck.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I'm crazy...
I'm seeing goombas in the sitting areas of the Pokemon Stadium 2....
Anybody care to confirm this?

Back in the pre-Brawl days, there were some seeing Pokemon in the stands. I think it was Luke Groundwalker that called everyone dumb since they were just blobs of color. I was one of the dumb ones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ah the busting of rumors. Reminds me of last E3, with Unchained, New Yoshi and Wario Land titles.

Smells like E3 already!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Unchained was for one of those Nintendo Direct things. Goosebutt.
Was it? What was last E3's rumors? I think the only one I remember is Smash4, which was true.

Well, its funny how most rumors really arent backed up with any credible sources. For example, all the sites saying Smash would be talked about at E3 last year just made it up/guessed... because only Sakurai and Iwata knew about it...

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Back in the pre-Brawl days, there were some seeing Pokemon in the stands. I think it was Luke Groundwalker that called everyone dumb since they were just blobs of color. I was one of the dumb ones.
I Don't see any Pokemon in the stands, but I'm pretty sure I see some goombas.

X-Men Next Dimension says hi. If you don't remember that game, I wouldn't blame you. I had to go to about 7 different Gamestops to find my copy relatively soon after the game came out.

Touche.

I would say it's just one game but then there is this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLhIIi7Bx8
Did anyone buy this ^

But I've never seen someone get so worked up against a Capcom vs Nintnedo fighting game before. It'd be a fun game if it was handled right.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What is hoots catting on about?

And especially now that Nintendo characters have been defined fighting wise through Smash, why would Nintendo want them to be thrown into some generic traditional crossover arcade fighter? Just doesn't make sense to me
It makes enough sense to some big wig at Capcom though. I think the game would be ONE OF IF NOT the biggest gaming cross over in history.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
There is a lot of clamoring on Nintendo's Facebook for Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Still cannot believe so many people believe it could be a launch title game.
I don't expect it to release until late 2014. Fans who are hoping for anything earlier than February, 2014 are setting themselves up for disappointment.

And yeah, there's truly little to talk about now. I've been spending most of my time on the Internet on other forums; particularly spending a lot on the Adult Swim Toonami forum.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its amazing to think we could be just one week away from seeing the first newcomers for Smash 4. There is so much anticipation for Smash 4, that many casual Nintendo fans are under the impression that it has a shot of being a launch title (most likely its release date will be Q4 2014 to Q2 2015).

I am expecting at the very least we will learn some new details about Smash 4 next week. Even if we don't get a trailer, I am expecting an announcement for when there will be a proper unveil for the game.

D

Deleted member

What is hoots catting on about?

It makes enough sense to some big wig at Capcom though. I think the game would be ONE OF IF NOT the biggest gaming cross over in history.
I could see a Nintendo vs. Capcom game selling 2-3 million copies if it's great and advertised properly, but I think the Smash series will remain the biggest cross-over series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am expecting at the very least we will learn some new details about Smash 4 next week. Even if we don't get a trailer, I am expecting an announcement for when there will be a proper unveil for the game.

Second this. Even if we don't get a trailer, we will get SOMETHING. Either way, we will have a trailer before the end of 2012, so, we should be seeing the Smash 4 community BLOW UP sooner rather than later.

Something I'm excited for.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which...

Turns out the Star Fox x Metroid rumor is false. Finally. Although some of the things said in the article make me believe that Retro might be working on another Nintendo IP. Which, if true, could be bad news for those wanting an original IP.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...aking-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/
I seriously hope that they're working on a new IP because if it isn't; it's probably going to be a Zelda game and that would leave me very disappointed...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I could see a Nintendo vs. Capcom game selling 2-3 million copies if it's great and advertised properly, but I think the Smash series will remain the biggest cross-over series.
You have the biggest face of fighting games (Ryu) on the cover with some of the most cherished and recognized characters in video games. Yeah, that is going to sell. It has the ability to pull in new gamers and still retain the hardcore crowd, because at the end of the day the mechanics will be solid because it is Capcom (no asinine Cpapcom jokes). Plus it'd be a win-win for both companies; Capcom gets a successful game that prints money, while Nintendo gets an exclusive title that can bring in hardcore gamers. It offers things that Super Smash Bros do not, both games do not have to compete with each other; only offer different experiences that justify their own individual purchase.

Second this. Even if we don't get a trailer, we will get SOMETHING. Either way, we will have a trailer before the end of 2012, so, we should be seeing the Smash 4 community BLOW UP sooner rather than later.

Something I'm excited for.
My gut is telling me we won't hear anything about Super Smash Bros until Nintendo's Fall Media Summit.

I seriously hope that they're working on a new IP because if it isn't; it's probably going to be a Zelda game and that would leave me very disappointed...
No you did NOT just say that?!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My gut is telling me we won't hear anything about Super Smash Bros until Nintendo's Fall Media Summit.
There is no way that there won't be any mention for one of the most anticipated games for the Wii U. Even if Sakurai has nothing to show, I expect them to at least give a few details (such as more information on how the 3DS/Wii U games interact, a date for a proper unveil, and possibly a name/title reveal).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If anything doesn't get me more unexcited than a new Mario title, it's a new Zelda title.

D

Deleted member

No you did NOT just say that?!
I won't lie, the series is great and deserves its reputation as a great franchise. It's just that I can't really get into it. Tried to play Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, but couldn't get the motivation to finish it.

Perhaps it's due to me losing interest in gaming in general, but never been a big fan of Zelda.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is no way that there won't be any mention for one of the most anticipated games for the Wii U. Even if Sakurai has nothing to show, I expect them to at least give a few details (such as more information on how the 3DS/Wii U games interact, a date for a proper unveil, and possibly a name/title reveal).
Actually, it's very easy to see Nintendo going through E3 without talking about Super Smash Bros. There is not enough legs under Super Smash Bros to have anything concrete down to talk about, even a title. All of the title reveals have occurred when there was a trailer in conjunction, without that there really is no point. "Oh hey guys, Super Smash Bros Wii U is called Super Smash Bros. Rumble. That's all we got for you." I mean really? There is going to be plenty to talk about other than Smash Bros. I say be patient and wait till Space World, that's when I am expecting Nintendo and Sakurai to blow the lid off the place.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I won't lie, the series is great and deserves its reputation as a great franchise. It's just that I can't really get into it. Tried to play Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, but couldn't get the motivation to finish it.

Perhaps it's due to me losing interest in gaming in general, but never been a big fan of Zelda.
Look normally I'd agree, but I'm still riding my Skyward Sword high, so I won't tolerate that pessimism. Besides, Retro could do wonders to the Zelda series. Look at what they did with Metroid and Donkey Kong Country? No ones says it has to be a mainline title technically.

yani

Smash Lord

Shame you didn't like OoT, that's probably one of my favorite games of all time. Skyward Sword was a huge let down though. The only Zelda announcement that would make me excited would be Majora's Mask 3D.

D

Deleted member

Is Space World really that big of an event? E3 is the biggest gaming event in the year; so I assume that naturally, they would want to start the big reveal there. But then again, I know very little of it, so someone can fill me in with that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am surprised this place has not exploded with new users yet. The calm before the storm perhaps?

I think we will see this place become flooded over the weekend though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Same here. I've really only enjoyed the original and Minish Cap.

Although I am currently playing through Zelda 2...

I am surprised this place has not exploded with new users yet. The calm before the storm perhaps?

I think we will see this place become flooded over the weekend though.
I honestly thought the storm started with that troll rumor.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Look normally I'd agree, but I'm still riding my Skyward Sword high, so I won't tolerate that pessimism. Besides, Retro could do wonders to the Zelda series. Look at what they did with Metroid and Donkey Kong Country? No ones says it has to be a mainline title technically.

No ones says the title wouldn't be good, but, so, expected. So, we already know how it's going to go down. So Zelda

Is Space World really that big of an event? E3 is the biggest gaming event in the year; so I assume that naturally, they would want to start the big reveal there. But then again, I know very little of it, so someone can fill me in with that.
Wasnt SSBM shown off at that Space event thing? I feel like it was. Could be wrong though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It is for Nintendo fans. It is where Nintendo first revealed Melee for the Gamecube. It's basically Nintendo's second E3. Next Tuesday is all about the Wii U and it's launch games. Later on as it comes closer to the Wii U's release (if it is not already out) Nintendo will want to keep the train rolling by showing what fans can expect on the horizon. Hence Super Smash Bros., and by that time Sakurai will have had more time to prepare something to show to fans.

@Zelda Discussion:

I won't lie, a topdown Zelda reminiscent of A Link to The Past would probably make me cry man tears.

No ones says the title wouldn't be good, but, so, expected. So, we already know how it's going to go down. So Zelda
Trust me, no one is expecting a Retro developed Zelda for the Wii U. It would be very surprising.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I want to see a StarTropics reboot developed by Retro Studios. It would be random, but the StarTropic games were developed for western audiences in mind to the point of not being released in Japan. So naturally an American game company like Retro Studios would be fitting.

Plus, Mike Jones would be interesting to see in Super Smash Bros.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Huh... so it was false... oh well... can't blame me for liking a concept as odd as this one.

Well, i won't be winning anything, but i am now putting my Toise tokens on Retro and Starfox. It's definitely not a new IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom