• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If this really turns out to be true and gets revealed at E3, then I wouldn't even need any Smash info at all at E3. Star Fox x Metroid would be more than enough to hold me over

If it isn't true, then goddammit, what the **** is Retro working on :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Look what I done found

Star Fox x Metroid for the Wii U?

This guy had a ****load of info on the Sony Smash Bros game before the game was even revealed so it could be true... but I'm still really skeptical. I'd love to see it happen though
I was thinking Starfox X F-Zero would happen, but I'm very curious how this could turn out if true. Both series are in need of a "redemption" and this could be it.

D

Deleted member

Still believe Retro's new project is an new IP. After what Starphoenix shared in regard to concept art, a Star Fox x Metroid crossover seems farfetched. Plus Star Fox x F-zero seems more likely anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd probably get a good laugh in if Rosalina ever crossed over into Kirby's world. I mean we're talking about a 6+ foot tall woman, compared to creatures who are at average, no more than 2 feet tall. Heck, if one were to think about it, Rosalina would probably be a tad taller than HR-D3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know. It would be interesting if the franchises were to cross over outside of Smash. I'd definitely like a MOTHER X Pokemon game.

And I'm surprised no one commented on the rumor mentioning that Fox would be fighting more like Ryu Hayabusa. Kind of curious where the rest of the cast is.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@SSBF- What concept art?

And honestly, the persistent rumors of is getting a new Star Fox plus the WTFness of the rumor (seriously, I've NEVER heard the idea of a Metroid crossover before, let alone a crossover with Star Fox) makes me believe this could be true. Didn't Retro also say their game would be something "everyone wanted them to work on"? Not saying that SF x Metroid in particular fits that description (since it's so unexpected), but I doubt "everyone wants them" to work on a new IP. I think our new Nintendo IP will come from Miyamoto instead of Retro

:phone:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Responses in Green.

Also, you forgot Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Cranky Kong, Vatti (for the lulz), Toon Zelda/Sheik (or Tetra), Young Link (for the lulz), Pichu, Plusle and Minun, Deoxys, Blazekein, Meowth, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Paletuna, an Animal Crosser, Tom Nook, Louie (from Pikmin for the lulz), Andy (from Advance Wars, even if he has little to no shot), Shulk, Miis, Travis Touchdown (for the lulz), Gray Fox, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Chocobo, and a load of retro characters I care not to list. :bee:
:confused: Whuh...I meant logical choices. Also, thanks, I'll have Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Ukelele Pichu, Plusle+Minun, Blaziken, Goroh, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Andy, Tom Nook, and Toon Zelda/Tetra. Gosh, that's a lot of people.

And Star Fox X Metroid? I've seen weirder... Tatsunko v.s. Capcom...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Look what I done found

Star Fox x Metroid for the Wii U?

This guy had a ****load of info on the Sony Smash Bros game before the game was even revealed so it could be true... but I'm still really skeptical. I'd love to see it happen though
Wow. If this was anybody else's random gaming blog, I would've quickly dismissed it, but damn that Paul Gale and his seeming knowledge of unannounced video games.

He states it might just be a concept, but still, I guess we won't really know about this one til E3. It'll probably take me that long to wrap my head around it. :laugh:

Also lol at the comment comparing Metroid to Call of Duty.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
:confused: Whuh...I meant logical choices. Also, thanks, I'll have Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Ukelele Pichu, Plusle+Minun, Blaziken, Goroh, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Andy, Tom Nook, and Toon Zelda/Tetra. Gosh, that's a lot of people.

And Star Fox X Metroid? I've seen weirder... Tatsunko v.s. Capcom...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The marketing campaign would probably put secret special moves inside the cereal boxes, so you'd have to buy them to REALLY learn your character.

But you just know there would be one weirdo on the internet that would buy them all and leak them.

The fiend probably wouldn't even eat all the cereal.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Speaking of Final Smashes, at one point I did mention about Ganondorf changing into Ganon.

Basically, Ganondorf would change into Ganon, which would make him bigger and stronger. As Ganon, he's impervious to flinching, but can still take damage from attacks. The transformation lasts for about 15 seconds.

[collapse=Ganon]
[/collapse]
I do believe that Ganondorf shouldn't transform like that, because Ghirahim can do that with Demise. :awesome: Besides, we don't want too many transformation Final Smashes. At least, I personally don't want too many of one kind.

Also, if you can't control your own emotions, that is your fault. Not John's. @_@ We are all adults here, we can manage.

As for a crossover Pokemon game, I think they are already doing that with Conquest. Besides, I'd rather see a MMORPG or a Pokemon Stadium 3 if we get any game other than the next generation. Besides, don't you guys want platformer crossovers? Mario x Sonic, Mario x Kirby, maybe even Mario x Zelda :awesome:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I've always wanted a system wherein characters have a "Final Smash" (a really powerful move) and a "Transformation Smash" [name pending].

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You could just call it "Final Transformartion". XP I like the idea, though I am not sure what some characters would transform into. I'll have to think on that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing that Little Mac and Ridley would probably have transformation Final Smashs (Giga Mac, and Meta/Omega/etc. Ridley). They might not, but that's already two more possible FS transformations.

Kantrip

Kantplay
K. Rool, in my mind, would be K.A.O.S. (the robot machine he operates in DKC3), while his Final Smash could be Kannonball Rain or something.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah after thinking about it, not many of them can transform, even if you give them items from their games that transform them, put them in a vehicle from their series, etc.

Although with the Pokemon you could have them evolve, Mewtwo could get his armor, and maybe the Pokemon Trainer could call in his Pokemon and unleash a giant legendary temporarily (it could even be given a Pokemon HP bar if it is destructible haha). Lucario confuses me, no clue what he'd do. Olimar could get on a giant monster, which would actually be pretty cool (can't wait for E3 to show me it, oh my god I love those games *_*). But yeah, not sure if Peach has a Super Princess Peach transformation, or what Zelda can transform into, etc. The idea might not work, however good it is.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Kantrip
That's a good one. While I would like to see him use the Blast-O-Matic (from DK 64) somehow in his FS, I admit "Kannonball Rain" is more likely.

I would actually be hard-pressed to come up with a "final transformation" for every character. But I'm sure others will be able to come up with one for everyone.

As long as Pit gets the
Great Sacred Treasure.
:awesome:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I do believe that Ganondorf shouldn't transform like that, because Ghirahim can do that with Demise. :awesome: Besides, we don't want too many transformation Final Smashes. At least, I personally don't want too many of one kind.

Also, if you can't control your own emotions, that is your fault. Not John's. @_@ We are all adults here, we can manage.

As for a crossover Pokemon game, I think they are already doing that with Conquest. Besides, I'd rather see a MMORPG or a Pokemon Stadium 3 if we get any game other than the next generation. Besides, don't you guys want platformer crossovers? Mario x Sonic, Mario x Kirby, maybe even Mario x Zelda :awesome:
Ghirahim (good spelling :awesome:) has taken over the mushroom kingdom with the power of fabulous,the enemies got their hearts filled with rainbows.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have a feeling Pit is going to be really awesome this time around, and whatever they throw in as stages, items, etc. to represent his series. It is going to be wonderful.

As for Mewtwo's Final Smash, what do you guys think it would be? Like, Psystrike, where he explodes with a wave of psychic energy around him, hitting everyone around him in its radius? Perhaps either causing instant knockback, or catches them dealing rapid damage before ending in a large knockback shock that throws everyone caught in it away.

Oh, my bad. Mypantisgone, Ghirahim is pleased. Just look at him.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i love the ideas in the link provided except the jet force gemini star fox groundplay... i wanted an over the shoulder RE4 camera instead...
(referring to the StarFox/Metroid Crossover)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Holder: Just... wish they won't Pittypoo too much. They better keep him familiar for longtime Kid Icarus-fans.

Press B to shoot an arrow, like in the original game. Not to use claws, clubs and whatever.

Up B to use the Angel Feather like in the original game, not to use Power Of Flight. /Wait/

Down B takes out the Mirror Shield. Not Orbitars.

Final Smash can be Three Sacred Treasures and Centurions at the same time. Pit commands where they attack first and then proceeds to go kick *** too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing Palutena will get something similar to Pit's FS, while Pit will probably get a new one. (Hopefully with the Great Sacred Treasure -- but Three Sacred Treasures would work too).

Just a guess though.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I think maybe ridley could change form but also get his real size.
Maybe the story mode could explain the size of most characters,like a flashback showing olimar,when he found a mushroom and grew up,ridley could be results of scientist,ect.

@Holder: how many of those do you own?can you show them all?is he going to stay in my ceiling?

@Horsetail:
Aren't the centurions like the orbitars now?
Also,when i see you,i still see a palutena avatar.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Great Sacred Treasure would be OP, which would result fans saying Sakurai has so much bias towards Pit, which results with more "Kid Icarus is Sakurai's new baby/Kirby"-basements and opinions.

Three Sacred Treasures are more suitable for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Except that he supposedly already uses their powers as his moves.
It's be like making Zelda's FS the Three Goddess Magics, or whatever they're called.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Plus Star Fox x F-zero seems more likely anyway.
Is it more likely or more wanted? It'd make more sense to cross over two games that take place in space and on non-earth planets and that are both shooters than to cross over f-zero which is a racing game that happens on earth in the future.

@pants
There are a pair of centurion orbitars but they are still palutena's grunts too.

@horsetail
Except pit already uses the three sacred treasures and by taking that away just to save it for a final smash you run the risk of making pit underpowered.

VVV He could just not make it overpowered when he brings it over to ssb4.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aaah, but just really thinking that it would ruin the nostalgia factor of Pit when he gets the Final Smash.

Yeah, we know he already uses them in his moves, but I still think GST would be OP. I mean, the beam can kill Pit itself in one hit. It would be OP, which would result in huge Sakurai's Love to Kid Icarus-thoughts. (-l´l-)

D

Deleted member

Aaah, but just really thinking that it would ruin the nostalgia factor of Pit when he gets the Final Smash.

Yeah, we know he already uses them in his moves, but I still think GST would be OP. I mean, the beam can kill Pit itself in one hit. It would be OP, which would result in huge Sakurai's Love to Kid Icarus-thoughts. (-l´l-)
Then there's Cook Kirby, which is supposed to kill all enemies on the screen, Super Sonic, etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Great Sacred Treasure would be OP, which would result fans saying Sakurai has so much bias towards Pit, which results with more "Kid Icarus is Sakurai's new baby/Kirby"-basements and opinions.

Just because it's really powerful and can do alot of things in Uprising, doesn't mean that would necessarily transfer to being OP in Smash. I doubt it work work the same way it did in Uprising anyway. Plus the developers and testers would prioritize relative balance above 100% accuracy.

Cook Kirby is OP in Kirby games, yet is mediocre as a FS.
edit: Ninja'd. Actually Golden's post was like 5 mins ago. I'm too slow. :sonic:

I think most of the nostalgia factor disappeared from Pit when he got a new look. Plus Sakurai is going to want to include Uprising content.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

What? The Great Sacred Treasure can just be made to not be OP, it isn't automatically OP just because the thing is awesome. It can be balanced like everything else. The Three Sacred Treasures are cool, but not very Final Smash like, especially in comparison.

@Holder: how many of those do you own?can you show them all?is he going to stay in my ceiling?
I own many, and I will not show them all. I reveal one at a time when the occasion is fitting. However I will probably post them all when making SSB4 character support threads becomes an option for us, and I'll share in the OP all of them so Ghirahim fans can spread them across this sight and leave his mark of fabulousness everywhere. :cool:

And Ghirahim has ALWAYS been in your ceiling. It had nothing to do with you misspelling your name, I only let you know he watched you misspell it, so you must be careful.

I'm guessing Palutena will get something similar to Pit's FS, while Pit will probably get a new one. (Hopefully with the Great Sacred Treasure -- but Three Sacred Treasures would work too).

Just a guess though.
No way, haven't you played Uprising? Here is a move set complete with FS extracted directly from the game.

Standard Special: Shining Orb - She raises her hand while B is held, still being allowed to move, creating an orb above her finger tips that every few seconds fires a small dart of light at the nearest enemy (and if no one is near, it merely shoots forward) that does small damage with practically no knockback. When let go, the sphere for a few seconds floats up and continues to fire and hurt anyone who comes into contact with it.

Side Special: Lighting Laser - Palutena can hold down the B button, standing still as she charges her attack. The longer it is charged the farther the laser of light stretches out from her and remains (of course, it only goes so far). However, it does not have any knockback and simply deals light rapid damage to those touching it.

Downward Special: Radiant Shield - Another holding skill that involves her putting a shield of light that she makes in front of her that blocks some damage and reflects projectiles. When let go, the Shield drifts out in front of her slowly for a short distance before dissipating, dealing minor damage and knockback to anyone who is hit by it.

Upward Special: Goddess Levitation - A move that shares likeness to her angel Pit, Palutena acquires a golden glow as she begins to levitate in the directions given to her. The only difference is that it is not a flapping motion and thus easier to control but also doesn't go on as long.

Final Smash: Pillar of Illumination - Palutena pulls out of her energy as she consumes herself in a pillar of light that reaches to the top of the stage and shoots forward some distance, dealing heavy damage to anyone in its destructive path.

And considering she can control light and stuff, she could easily be given an "original" move set, but it'd still work very very good (and that'd likely happen, at least partly). Is this any good, however?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably should get out that Palutena moveset I did a few months ago. lol

I probably don't need to say what I think Mewtwo's should do, but it'll be Psystike either way.

Pit's FS should change to either the Sacred Treasures or Great Sacred Treasure, doesn't really matter that much. I'd bet the Great Sacred Treasure first just because Pit uses the Mirror Shield as his D-Special.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't know you did that, I was wondering that someone MUST have made one. I was so confused that I hadn't seen anyone posting any for her, but I guess I just missed it.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been meaning to go back and change this to bring it more in line with Uprising and her as a boss. But whatever. I ironically made this all the way back in October. lol

Palutena

Attributes:Palutena is a lightweight character with a weight similar to Z.S. Samus (32nd, 81). Her size is quite large and is around Ganondorf's size. Being in a dress as well her walking speed is close to Zelda's (36th). While, surprisingly her dash speed is close to Lucario's (22nd). Falling Speed is the same as Samus's (37th). And her air speed is the same as Marth (11th).

Playstyle: Palutena can be played in many different ways. Her great projectiles can allow her to have great spacing potential especially when combined with her amazing but limited D-Special for defense; which can also be used for her offensive and approach. Her throws and aerial game are better than most characters, and she has one of the best recoveries in the game. She, however, is quite floaty and is a lightweight character meaning she is quite easy to kill. She also has slightly less kill moves than most characters as well. There is no real distinct way to play as her.
Entrance - Floats down in a beam of light.

Neutral Special - Light Ball - stops, waves her staff and it launches the ball end at the opponent. When it connects it causes the opponent to fall into a dazed state. It is chargeable and the charge can be held. The longer it's charged the longer the daze state, but the hit box and size are fixed. It does not cause a daze state when the opponent is in the air, but it does cause the opponent to flinch like any other projectile. Does 5%, 13% when fully charged.

Side Special - Centurion - Similar to Pit's FS, it summons just one Centurion that homes in on an opponent. It can be attacked. Only 2 can be summoned at the same time. Is a good follow up to Light ball. Is one of her few killing moves. Does 20% per hit.

Up Special - Miracle of Flight - Gain the ability to fly similar to MvC’s flying moves. It therefore does not have any startup lag and you can attack during it. It lasts for 3.5 seconds, but like R.O.B.’s Up-Special you have a re-charge time of 2.5 seconds. If it expires mid-air it leaves you in a helpless state. Being attacked during the duration of the move does not leave you in a helpless state. It can also be shielded out of.

Down Special - Crystal Rod - Based the Crystal Rod item from the first 2 KI games. Palutena waves her staff and creates 2 clone orbs. Two orbs rotate around her in a 360 motion doing damage with no knockback while also blocking projectiles that make contact with the orbs. Every 2 hits by the orbs causes the opponent to flinch. It can stay out as long as her damage % does not exceed 50%. It is a mix of Vergil’s swords and Stirder’s Ouroboros Hypers from MvC. Does not do extra damage when throwing, nor does it do damage to an opponent's shield. Does 4% per hit.

Final Smash - Burst of Light
- She slams her staff onto the ground, the screen flashes and it puts opponents into a stunned state if they're on the ground while putting air born opponents in a helpless state. Does 30% to all opponents.

AAA - She raises her palm out and releases a burst of light. Think Mewtwo's AAA. It has a slightly disjointed hit box. Does 5% on the first hit, 2% on each hit thereafter.
Forward Tilt - swings her arm and her shield strikes the opponent. It has good knockback. It has the best knockback of her tilts. Does 10%.
Up Tilt - Raises her arm in the air and bonks the opponent with her shield. Good for Juggling. Does 9%
Down Tilt - Kneels down and strikes the opponent with her foot. Think Zelda's D-Tilt but with slightly longer range (she’s taller than her).Does 7-8%.
Dash Attack - does a slide similar to Mario's dash, it has a very laggy end and it slides her forward. Does 8%.

Neutral Air - Spins her staff for a full body attack, similar to Ike's N-Air. It has average knockback. Does 9%.
Forward Air - leans forward and swings her arm to hit the opponent with her shield. One of her few kill moves. Does 11%.
Up Air - looks up and flips herself upside-down to hit the opponent vertically with her shield. Good for Juggling. Does 9%.
Down Air - a standard dive kick. Does 9%.
Back Air - Swings her arm back and hits the opponent with her shield. Average knockback. Does 12%

Forward Smash - Palutena's version of Cap's "Charging Star." It has Super Armor like Wario's Forward Smash and it also goes farther as well. It has poor knockback for a Smash attack. Very little start up lag. Does 17-19%.
Up Smash - Raises her staff up and the ball explodes in a burst of light. Has a slightly disjointed hit box. Is one of her few kill moves. Does 16-20%
Down Smash - Raises her staff and slams it on the ground, creating a small shockwave that hit in front and behind. Causes large horizontal knockback making it one of her few kill moves. Does 15%-18%.

Pummel - Hits the opponent with her knee. Does 3%.
Forward Throw - Throws the opponent up at a 45 degree angle, waves her staff and causes a small explosion of light to send the opponent flying further. Has the best knockback of her throws. Does 5% for the throw, 7% for the explosion.
Up Throw - Throws the opponent up at a 90 degree angle, waves her staff and causes a small explosion of light to send the opponent flying further. Above average knockback. Does 5% for the throw, 7% for the explosion.
Down Throw - Does a short hop, leans down and blasts the opponent with the ball end of her staff into the ground. It launches the opponent vertically. Does 10%.
Back Throw - Throws the opponent up at a 135 degree angle, waves her staff and causes a small explosion of light to send the opponent flying further. Above average knockback. Does 5% for the throw, 7% for the explosion.

Other:
Shield - Like Link, in idle animation she can block projectiles with her shield.

Taunts:
1. Winks to the players off screen.
2. Spins her staff playfully.
3. She glows and emits light.

Costumes:
Blue - Original Design
Grey - OM&M Design
Black - Fallen Angel
Gold
Green
Red

Kirby Hat:
Gains her hair and head piece

Pros:
Easy to rack up damage with
Good mix-ups
Amazing Projectiles
Great Recovery
Good Throws
Good Aerials

Cons:
Lightweight
Floaty
Few kill moves
Poor ground game

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No way, haven't you played Uprising? Here is a move set complete with FS extracted directly from the game.

And considering she can control light and stuff, she could easily be given an "original" move set, but it'd still work very very good (and that'd likely happen, at least partly). Is this any good, however?
I didn't mean she would get Pit's moveset, just his Final Smash. It seems more suited to Palutena than it does to Pit, but I agree that she could very well also get a new FS.

And that's a pretty good moveset, a lot of holding and charging, but it seems faithful and functional. Question though, did she do all those things in Uprising, or are some original?
It's been a while since I last fought her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom