• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Ok disfunk,but maybe you should spoiler.

@pit'sFS:
But i suppose that he will get the normal weapons from uprising as melee/specials attacks,so the FS is the only one that will use the three sacred treasure.
Unless he decide to do "classic pit" with brawl's moveset,but that is extremely unlikely.

Speaking of classics,if pit had a classic alt.,would you rather see the classic classic:
[COLLAPSE="Very classic"]
[/COLLAPSE]
The medusa OVA classic:
[COLLAPSE=""new" classic"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Or something different:
[COLLAPSE="Kind of a mix of the two"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Personnally i want uprising's!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well yeah that was what I meant, I just used the oppurtunity to make an entire Special set for her because I have been meaning to. Yep, it is entirely inspired from things she did in the game.

As for the holding and charging, yeah, a lot of her playstyle in that set is to be sending off shields, spheres, and blasting rays of light to be building up damage and controlling the movements of opponents by covering the stage with the shields, lasers, and spheres. While they are weak and don't stay up long, spamming them would eventually rack up damage so you can finish with standard attacks or her Final Smash, which is made to be very hard to avoid, complementing her damage racking specials and fitting her overall style of stage dominance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@pants
The first pic doesn't work for me, but if Pit had a "classic" alt costume, I would guess it would be similar to his Melee trophy, which is closest to your third pic.

Here's the Melee trophy:

@Holder
makes sense.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Triple Dash, both of sets both had the same goal in mind, rack up damage and control with projectiles. Her character in Uprising is exactly like that. XP Even our recoveries were pretty much the same, though I am not sure what else she would do anyhow.

My only issue with it is that the Side Special seems slightly overpowered, being a homing 20% summon attack. In 1v1 even if the end lag for Palutena was considerable, in a lot of situations it would be hard to punish and can pay off well. I could be wrong though. The rest of it seems pretty good, and it doesn't even rely on Uprising.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The first picture is the cover of the nes box art,it's like yours but with short legs and arms,i'll edit.
the real difference beetween 1 and 3 is it's less cartoony.

@Holder:
He is really weird,considering that if you do a hole in my ceiling you get to my parents bedroom,because there is nothing beetween the living room's ceiling and my parent's floor,the room's ceiling IS the floor.Unless when my parents sleep he just put his head in a hole in the floor.
Sometimes,i misspell palutena in paletuna,wich is very stupid,is she next to ghirahim?

Edit'd last post.
And why do they always do a sprite that isn't like the one in the game :ohwell:

Edit'd this post because i was living in a twisted universe where you have to replace every "floor" i said with "roof"s,in this world,PI divided by zero is an easy question.
And i do a lot of misspeling :dizzy:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Those look a little high on the controller, don't you think? The revelation is great to hear regardless, but it would seem that layout requires an odd hand positioning.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Lol, you guys still want to use the tablet for the controller? We're gonna use the Wii Classic Controller Pro for Smash most likely.

I'm pretty sure the 1 tablet controller per Wii U is still in effect so why bother talking about that?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They might have been in that position since it was shown last year, but now that there are sticks it's going to require slightly different hand positioning, one that seems a little strange.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Lol, you guys still want to use the tablet for the controller? We're gonna use the Wii Classic Controller Pro for Smash most likely.

I'm pretty sure the 1 tablet controller per Wii U is still in effect so why bother talking about that?
Been hearing the opposite lately. As a matter of fact a developer was over last night and told me about Multiple tablets being used at once.

For being at home alone this controller will be fantastic. The button alignment with the sticks has changed too. Obviously developers werent happy and Nintendo listened. Start Select as moved as well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Huh, well maybe they actually are comfortable. I mean.. why else would they put them there? @_@

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It might seem strange, but I guess due to the feedback from people who have had time with the controller, this seems like the best place for them. It might not be the finished model, but I guess even though it looks weird, it feels better than previous iterations.

We really won't know until we can play the finished retail version.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is only logical to think that the placement works. They would have realized it wouldn't work while designing it, let alone actually making it.

And Romance ninja'd me. >_>

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
ChaosKid sure seems positive about this.

WAIT- THIS CONTROLLER USES BATTERIES...

Don't worry a docking station patent was found a little while ago. It's rechargeable.

Also battery doesn't instantly equate to Double A's, Triple A's or anything that you would have to constantly buy from the store.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They're probably higher up and closer to the edge because it would be hard to reach the joysticks with thumbs if they were in the original position.

I know personally I prefer sticks to the slider pads.

Don't worry a docking station patent was found a little while ago. It's rechargeable.
Phew. Although honestly that was to be expected. Still a relief.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nintendo isn't going to make a ****ty controller, that just doesn't even make sense.

/moves on

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They're probably higher up and closer to the edge because it would be hard to reach the joysticks with thumbs if they were in the original position.

I know personally I prefer sticks to the slider pads.
But how to reach the buttons? I dun think our fingers can reach down there... at least before. (-'.'-)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The placement is actually not awkward. The illusion that it is awkward is only there because the controller is so large and there is so much empty space below it to fit the screen. The button and stick layout is plainly normal.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The placement is actually not awkward. The illusion that it is awkward is only there because the controller is so large and there is so much empty space below it to fit the screen. The button and stick layout is plainly normal.
Exactly. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

When we are eventually playing online in Nintendo's self proclaimed social network of gaming, it's going to be so easy to keep track of everyone with that extra screen. Probably won't even need to skype with a separate PC next to us. A similar program will be built in!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering the shape of the controller, and how the weight will be displaced, I figure the placement of the sticks makes perfect sense.

Heels... did you just...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Control Stick placements may seem a bit off, but you could always just utilize the Control Pad for movement. Remember, the Kirby titles enable you to dash by tapping the Control Pad twice in the direction that you want to go.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Romance - Aaah, I so want to dream that happening. Just think how it'd feel like to play against each other after all these years of speculation. (-lwl-)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Holder & Oasis - What happened?

Funny stuff still, Lloyd Irving's still wished for Sm4sh by some communities (and Kuma)... Makes me almost think Tales Of Symphonia's one of those popular and well-known 3rd party titles that are tied to Nintendo due their cult status like Megaman was... welp, it's not that big.
(-=´l-)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ohh... just noticed that the start button is at least in a place where you MAY BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY REACH IT unlike on the 3DS.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BTW Guys, I have some interesting idea now...

Would they name SSB4's versions something like:

Super Smash Bros *Insertfightingsynonym*: *Insertword* Version?

for both systems' versions? (Kinda like how PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GBA) and Blue Rescue Team (DS) went.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
We need more characters with the ability of grabbing the ledge with a object.

And also,I think Yoshi using his tong to grab the ledge is a great idea too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lukin: And also give him the ability to eat and spit stuff. C'mon. (-l_l-);; Like... projectiles. (-l´l-)

Same for Kirby. It's wierd why they can't implement their core functions from the games. It bothers a bit when I try to use Egg Lay on a Koopa Shell in Brawl yet it won't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom