• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nintendo isn't going to make a ****ty controller, that just doesn't even make sense.

/moves on
The Nintendo 64 controls were <i>bad</i> and I loved that system.

But I like the layout of the Wii-U. Now if only they would change the god-awful name.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Lukin: And also give him the ability to eat and spit stuff. C'mon. (-l_l-);; Like... projectiles. (-l´l-)

Same for Kirby. It's wierd why they can't implement their core functions from the games. It bothers a bit when I try to use Egg Lay on a Koopa Shell in Brawl yet it won't work...
Yeah,that too.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
IKR?

And the buttons aren't awkward,it's like all the controller:
You use the buttons and sometime you go on the sticks,right?the same,but twisted.
My favorite controller for smash 64 is my notebook´s keyboard.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Arena and Tour?

Super Smash Bros. Arena- Arena, Special Arena, Multi-Man Arena
Super Smash Bros. Tour- Tour, Special Tour, Multi-Man Tour

Multi-Man Tour would sound weird lol but it could work

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Arena and Tour?

Super Smash Bros. Arena- Arena, Special Arena, Multi-Man Arena
Super Smash Bros. Tour- Tour, Special Tour, Multi-Man Tour

Multi-Man Tour would sound weird lol but it could work
That's the way I like it. I'd wanna see this being done.

Smash Bros Tour sounds like a fitting name for a couple OVA episodes centering on Smash Bros's characters and their "tour"... maybe a vacation.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wii U: Super Smash Bros Rumble (or whatever)

and

3DS: Super Smash Bros RPG :awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Look what I done found

Star Fox x Metroid for the Wii U?
This guy had a ****load of info on the Sony Smash Bros game before the game was even revealed so it could be true... but I'm still really skeptical. I'd love to see it happen though
Team Star Fox is gonna get it's butt handed to it by Samus Aran at the ground. DAT spin attack!
You'd think Star Fox x F-Zero, but x Metroid? Still the ideas that site had for such a crossover were not bad, I'd buy it.
You had me at "Retro Studios" and "Metroid." Either words would make me buy said game. But man, that just sounds epic!
E3 rumors are so much fun. lol
I know girlfraannnnddd!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Of course. Though I figure both versions would have an arena and tour mode. BUT, on the menus, Wii U's version would have a larger "ARENA" icon, and the 3DS version would have a larger "TOUR" icon. Y'know, to show that each version has their different emphases.

Don't forget BOSS TOUR.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To be fair, Meloetta isn't Mew-like (which pretty much rules out Jirachi). There's also the matter that Meloetta has transformation and could be a big part of Best Wishes 2. If the latter come through, I could see her getting a relatively big fan base.
Meloetta still hasn't been used in Pokémon Generation 5 promotions nearly as much as Zoroark, or even Lucario for that matter.
[COLLAPSE="Click here for the most epic fighting game cover for a game that never will happen:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
LMAFO!!! I almost peed my pants with laughter!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
https://twitter.com/#!/MATTYB00SH/status/203939010610085888
The controller seems to have sticks now. Hooray!
I like those sticks. However, I still don't like the layout for smash/fighting games and action beat 'em up games in general. Other than that, though, I like how the controller looks.
The Nintendo 64 controls were bad and I loved that system.
Bad for games that weren't platform, action, or fighting games=??? Yep. But it was pretty good for smash.
But I like the layout of the Wii-U. Now if only they would change the god-awful name.
I like the design of the Wii U and the Wii U tablet. However, I think it would be terrible for fighting games/traditional action games.
Lol, you guys still want to use the tablet for the controller? We're gonna use the Wii Classic Controller Pro for Smash most likely.

I'm pretty sure the 1 tablet controller per Wii U is still in effect so why bother talking about that?
Well there's a mod plug for the Wiimote where you can plug in your Gamecube controller and make the Wiimote think it's a Classic Controller. I'll probably use that, unless Nintendo makes a traditional (chargeable wireless?) controller superior to the Gamecube controller (also, Nintendo's wireless controller interface is really outdated).

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The control looks fine to me, the problem is just how rough the transition will be for the Gamecube controller addicted Smash audience.

I know girlfraannnnddd!!!
Wut?

Meloetta still hasn't been used in Pokémon Generation 5 promotions nearly as much as Zoroark, or even Lucario for that matter.
But unlike Zoroark and maybe Lucario (also appeared on that promotion poster including as Riolu), Meloetta has the major anime appearance trump card on it's side. I'm currently betting against playable Meloetta though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash is different from other fighting games, but it's controller needs (compared to other console fighting games) is fairly similar.

However, if you were to compare smash (and other such console fighting games) to arcade games, the controller needs are completely different.

So Tour would be the 3DS version, then?
Did you just mention a tour=??? Perhaps a Grand Tour=???

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Paul Gale also said there was a TMNT game in development by Rocksteady; and was quickly denounced by somebody close to the presumed developer. Yet the supposed leak had a great deal of details. Just thought I should throw that out there.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One more thing. When they take a 8-bit classic tunes of Nintendo, they should remix them like Sonic Generarations did to the Classic Sonic-songs.

Kid Icarus would have something like this for it's songs.

Not much but you get what I mean. Enchance the songs, give em some extra beat, ya know? So they aren't just some... slapons to give eat up some more disc space for no reason. *coughpowerupmusicmariobroscough*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The control looks fine to me, the problem is just how rough the transition will be for the Gamecube controller addicted Smash audience.
In general I don't think it will "work" for fans of console/control based fighting games fans. I'm sure Sakurai's got his hands on some plans for a new traditional controller (attachment). However, the Wii U Tablet will definitely be supported, as will all previous control schemes in Brawl (the Gamecube controller through that plug in the Wiimote).
The way you worded what I quoted sounded very feminine, so I decided to try to trump your estrogen-charged post with a more estrogen-charged post. :p
But unlike Zoroark and maybe Lucario (also appeared on that promotion poster including as Riolu), Meloetta has the major anime appearance trump card on it's side. I'm currently betting against playable Meloetta though.
Lucario had that one movie. Plus, both Lucario and Zoroark have had popular in-game events (which I think counts more than anime for "popularity," especially outside of Japan, but I digress). Regardless, Meloetta's "chances" are as up in the air as any character. The prospect a playable Meloetta in smash is quite interesting. *puts on spectacles*

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This discussion remembered me about I using the PS1 controller on the first fighting game I´ve played:

This game is a little ridiculous,but it´s funny.
I mained Lisa Simpson.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
GT rap?
Don't ask me why I just used a clip from The Wicker Man remake to express my feelings about that damn theme song of GT's
Because the GT English theme song is an awful song, and a terrible wanna-be rap song.
Although the Japanese theme song is quite good my dear smash bro sirs.
I've always wanted a system wherein characters have a "Final Smash" (a really powerful move) and a "Transformation Smash" [name pending].
I've been preaching that since 2008. Trust me, we'd all love it. Especially if there was some way to crash Final Smash attacks into each other, or fight each other with super transformations. Seriously, Super Sonic vs. Giga Bowser vs. Gyro Laser ROB vs. Wario-man. If that doesn't make you hyped, NOTHING WILL!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Paul Gale also said there was a TMNT game in development by Rocksteady; and was quickly denounced by somebody close to the presumed developer. Yet the supposed leak had a great deal of details. Just thought I should throw that out there.
Interesting. I remember the TMNT rumor (didn't know it came from him though). This guy knows how create a crazy-but-still-plausible rumor. Maybe he's trying to cash in on his "credibility" from the one rumor that turned out to be true by trying to pass off all these other ones. :laugh:

But this further proves that the rumor really shouldn't be considered anything more than a rumor until E3.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, Paul Gale is a good at finding rumors, and more often than not, they are true. Hopefully someone leaks Ridley in Smash 4 soon so we can troll the Ridley haters... :cool:
One more thing. When they take a 8-bit classic tunes of Nintendo, they should remix them like Sonic Generarations did to the Classic Sonic-songs.

Kid Icarus would have something like this for it's songs.

Not much but you get what I mean. Enchance the songs, give em some extra beat, ya know? So they aren't just some... slapons to give eat up some more disc space for no reason. *coughpowerupmusicmariobroscough*
That sounds exactly like the Kid Icarus remix in Brawl. :bee: Although I get what you mean, and I agree. However, a lot more of the Kid Icarus music should be from Uprising. :shades:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Seriously, GT's rap theme makes the One Piece rap from Funi's dub sound like Tupac/Wu Tang Clan by comparison

I love rap and that theme is insulting

GT's Japanese theme is actually pretty good, though, I agree

Anyway, I think that they should remix the Training Room music from Smash 64 and have that replace Brawl's lame Waiting Room music

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
John: Of course most would from Uprising, but really, they should try to remix those 8-bit NES tunes or similar with more beat. It's more enchanting to listen to them remastered.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
In general I don't think it will "work" for fans of console/control based fighting games fans. I'm sure Sakurai's got his hands on some plans for a new traditional controller (attachment). However, the Wii U Tablet will definitely be supported, as will all previous control schemes in Brawl (the Gamecube controller through that plug in the Wiimote).
I understand the tourny thing, and the worry about signals getting crossed but other than that why would this controller not work?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually like both Rap themes. GT's isn't bad, not as good as Rock the Dragon, though.(more words is nice, though)

The only character, if it were possible, that could get in Anime-wise, I would like, is Perfect Cell. Mainly because has the most canon variety of moves.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Perfect Cell's Final Smash: Flies up and summons a large Spirit Bomb to launch at the battlefield, causing the stage to turn into a barren wasteland in the aftermath of the attack (like in the first DBZ: Budokai game)

Win quote:

"You should feel lucky, you were the first person to touch my perfect body"

^^^^^^^^ I hope people know where that's from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom