• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting thing I found out.

The guy who did Full Metal Alchemist was antisemitic

It's more apparent in his other series...

But Full Metal Alchemist DID have Ed's alternate reality family as Nazi's, now didn't it

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Has anyone mentioned anything about the stage editor?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14471350&postcount=675
When I think about it, the stage editor could also work in Wii U.
I think there's a lot to learn from LittleBigPlanet, though the stage editor should definitely not have exactly the same features, just improved.

And I'm still waiting for an answer about General Guy...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I actually like both Rap themes. GT's isn't bad, not as good as Rock the Dragon, though.(more words is nice, though)

The only character, if it were possible, that could get in Anime-wise, I would like, is Perfect Cell. Mainly because has the most canon variety of moves.
Nothing beats Chala Head Chala.

Also, does anyone else think that DBZ Abridged is better than the actual series? You get the entire story in a fraction of the time, the characters are way better, and the voice acting is more well done than any of the dubs...

But I digress. I think the Starfox-Metroid crossover could be cool, but TBH I would prefer just a Starfox reboot that restores the original teams(get rid of Krystal and Panther, bring back Peppy, Pigma, and Andrew) with good old fashioned vehicle combat.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree Hoots. DBZ Abridged is amazing. And I agree the Japanese DBZ theme is the best, but the DBGT theme is no slouch.
John: Of course most would from Uprising, but really, they should try to remix those 8-bit NES tunes or similar with more beat. It's more enchanting to listen to them remastered.
I actually have a unique thought for music in smash in general: Do everything like the Star Wolf theme. What I mean is there is a Brawl remix of the Star Fox 64 Star Wolf theme in Brawl, as well as the excellent imported version of it from Star Fox Assault. If you ask me, every series should do this. You know the song X: Tunnel Scene remix in Brawl=??? Imagine if the excellent original theme was also in Brawl.

The same should be done for Kid Icarus. Have the classic Underworld theme, have the classic Skyworld theme, have the Brawl Underworld theme, have the Brawl version of the Skyworld theme, have the Kid Icarus Medley from Brawl, have any other Kid Icarus song form Brawl, and have remixes of all the classic Kid Icarus songs.

Shoot, if we can have several gigabytes dedicated to the Masterpiece games (including fragments of DKC which wasn't in any edition of the game and EarthBound/Fire Emblem 1, which were only in the Japanese version), we can have original versions of songs in smash. It isn't that hard to upload them in the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
GT's Japanese theme is actually pretty good, though, I agree
Because it is made by people who know that genre/music in general.
Anyway, I think that they should remix the Training Room music from Smash 64 and have that replace Brawl's lame Waiting Room music
I love the Waiting Room music in Brawl. However, the Smash 64 theme we need the most is this.
I understand the tourny thing, and the worry about signals getting crossed but other than that why would this controller not work?
The layout isn't as smooth for pushing the 5 buttons required and 2 control sticks as smoothly as a traditional controller. If they use the touch screen, it probably won't be as fast. Plus, it would be awkward to be pushing the buttons on the screen at a frantic pace. I would be afraid of breaking it! :laugh: The real reason is it's not as easy to get to each button.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Has anyone mentioned anything about the stage editor?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14471350&postcount=675
When I think about it, the stage editor could also work better in Wii U.
I think there's a lot to learn from LittleBigPlanet, though the stage editor should definitely not have exactly the same features, just improved.

And I'm still waiting an answer about General Guy...
Stage editor has been discussed before, but not for a while. Everything gets discussed multiple times here anyway.

Consensus is pretty much more options, more varied selection of parts, more hazards, more backgrounds, pretty much more options and a deeper level of customization than before. The Wii U touchscreen will probably work well with Stage Builder though, good point. Although I don't expect customization on the same level as Littlebigplanet.

And you can talk about General Guy if you want...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
LOL,this site i'm watching has more crazy things,you should search for those comfirmed/rumors:
Luigi mansion 2 on wii u too
LBP has men in black costumes
Kid icarus uprising on wii u too(o_0)
And things like a guy trying to do a turret (portal)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mystical Adventure > Any other DB theme

I hold DBZ Abridged on almost the same level of DBZ. The biggest reason why I still ****ing love DBZ despite all its issues is because:

1. The History of Trunks
2. Bardock: The Father of Goku
3. Piccolo (more specifically his transformation into good), Vegeta, Imperfect Cell, Future Gohan and Future Trunks. Seriously, they are some great characters
4. Bruce Falcouner's music in the Funimation dub

ANYWAY... I think that both the Sonic Generations remix of City Escape and the original from SA2 should get in Smash. Seriously, who the **** had the GENIUS idea to remix it with Endless Mine from Sonic 3, they deserve a medal (not being sarcastic in the slightest)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Perfect Cell's Final Smash: Flies up and summons a large Spirit Bomb to launch at the battlefield, causing the stage to turn into a barren wasteland in the aftermath of the attack (like in the first DBZ: Budokai game)

Win quote:

"You should feel lucky, you were the first person to touch my perfect body"

^^^^^^^^ I hope people know where that's from
Spirit Bomb's effect would require too much work on the landscaping. Hmm... besides it obviously giving everyone the burn "status"(as in they got physically burned, not a status effect)... let's see... could be 50 damage to everyone with a good chance to OTK.(like a weaker Super Sonic hit)

I was thinking he'd summon 3(or whatever) Cell Jr's who attack with A.I. As for levels, whatever the highest in the current match(so you only face Level 1's and...) or 9.(may be that way anyway) After about... 30 seconds, they'd disappear. Note that it's one Cell Jr. per opponent faced. Would suck in All-Star though. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
LOL,this site i'm watching has more crazy things,you should search for those comfirmed/rumors:
Luigi mansion 2 on wii u too
LBP has men in black costumes
Kid icarus uprising on wii u too(o_0)
And things like a guy trying to do a turret (portal)
Well the first and third are false. The second I think is true. The fourth I'll let someone else handle.

edit: oh you mean this. http://www.pcworld.com/article/255677/student_builds_reallife_portal_turret_that_shoots_back.html
Next time say make or build. lol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For stage editor we all agree that every part from every stage (including single-player modes), every hazard, every item, every NPC, and every background should be used, as well as every song. Also, DLC parts, the ability to put uploaded music on the stages, and maybe even uploadable backgrounds (without hacking the game).

Pretty much we can already do all this. Just look at Project M having the Metal Crystal stage and Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64 and Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story (I think it's in there) stages from Melee for example. We can do all this with hacking. It's just easier to do it without hacking, and it would lead to more people being more creative with stages. Because quite frankly, the Brawl stage builder has a lot of creative "barriers."

Edit: Here is an awesome redone version of Peach's Castle 64-with actual Super Mario 64 stuff in the background!!! o.O Also, I heck of want to see people hack Melee to put that stage in the game. (screw Yoshi's Island 64)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
John: Yes, kinda like that. And enchance the classic themes with extra beats and percussions of some sorts like Sonic Generations does for Classic Sonic's levels. (-lwl-) Just think how awesome that would be!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Stage builder was something I wished for Brawl and got it, and was very disappointed with it. I never wanted to use any of the stages I made because they just weren't as fun, and the making of them was so blocky and ugly.

Warheart666, you don't need permission to talk about whatever you like. Just whip it out there. :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Hyper- Never thought of the Cell Jrs

I think he could have the Death Beam as his Neutral B, BTW

For stage builder, I'd also like to add that custom stages should be transferrable between the 3DS and Wii U versions

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Horsetail
Exactly. Do the original (by uploading it from the original source, and possibly remastering it) plus a remix and/or completely redone version (of whatever genre) for each song.

Then, profit with beautiful music.

@ Metal
That is a great example with the City Escape music.

Also, that is a great idea for Stage Builder I left out. Really, it would be a lot easier to make a stage on the 3DS than the Wii U. However, if you transfer it, I think the graphics should get "updated" to Wii U graphics for the Wii U Smash. :bee:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Paul Gale also said there was a TMNT game in development by Rocksteady; and was quickly denounced by somebody close to the presumed developer. Yet the supposed leak had a great deal of details. Just thought I should throw that out there.
Never even heard that rumor, I don't care for TMNT either for that matter.

BTW you don't need to remind us about how to treat rumors Star, I doubt anyone here believes in the current SFxM one. :smirk:

Also, does anyone else think that DBZ Abridged is better than the actual series? You get the entire story in a fraction of the time, the characters are way better, and the voice acting is more well done than any of the dubs...
Yep. Although the voice acting is a mixed bad compared to the real thing if you ask me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, that is a great idea for Stage Builder I left out. Really, it would be a lot easier to make a stage on the 3DS than the Wii U. However, if you transfer it, I think the graphics should get "updated" to Wii U graphics for the Wii U Smash. :bee:
I think with the addition of the touch screen, like Warheart said, it will make Stage Builder a lot easier on the Wii U than it was for Brawl. It will make the time consuming scrolling and placing easier at least.

Plus I'm guessing the Wii U will have stage builder elements the 3DS doesn't. Just a guess.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
While I'm at it, Smash Wii U and 3DS should have longer songs. Brawl had way too many short songs, and it cut the lengths of several songs, specifically a lot of the Sonic and Metal Gear songs (Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, His World (a version with lyrics should have been in)
fun fact: the band that plays the song is from the town I was born
, :bee: Calling to the Night, Seven Rings in Hand, Sonic f***ing BOOM!, etc). All the songs seemed to loop after about 1-3 minutes.

I think Smash should really have at least a few songs around 5 minutes or so.

It doesn't have to be like Pink Floyd concept album long; just long enough to where you don't hear every song loop like 2 or 3 times every match.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Hyper- Never thought of the Cell Jrs
Well, they are awesome. :awesome:

I think he could have the Death Beam as his Neutral B, BTW
Can't he also use the Destructo Disk?

For stage builder, I'd also like to add that custom stages should be transferrable between the 3DS and Wii U versions
Yes, plz.

Also, allow us to rotate the parts besides to the other side.(was useless)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
TBF, Paul doesn't really believe the rumor his own self, his source even said that at the very least, it was an idea pitched to Nintendo by Retro, and unlike the random TMNT rumor, there's been rumors about a new Star Fox game for a while now (just like with Sony Smash Bros)

I'm starting to lean towards the possibility that the idea itself might have actually been pitched, but never greenlighted or anything

I FORGOT ABOUT THE DESTRUCTO DISK

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, the idea goes back to something that sounds like it would be "considered." You guys know how I say crazy things like Sakurai will consider 80-200 characters=??? Well, game developers "consider" making about a dozen game ideas/concepts before making one. I know with Mario the Mario development team goes into groups and makes a few rough draft super short demo games. The best idea is made into a Mario game. That's how Super Mario Galaxy came to be.

However, this idea sounds like something Retro Studios would do. With all the ideas pitched to them, the successful revival of Donkey Kong and Metroid (by going different routes from previous games; especially with Metroid), all the credit Nintendo is giving them, and Miyamoto telling them he'd like to see them do a Zelda game, they got all they need to do something "edgy" like this.

Give 'em this: it is, at least, an interesting theory.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Stage editor has been discussed before, but not for a while. Everything gets discussed multiple times here anyway.

Consensus is pretty much more options, more varied selection of parts, more hazards, more backgrounds, pretty much more options and a deeper level of customization than before. The Wii U touchscreen will probably work well with Stage Builder though, good point. Although I don't expect customization on the same level as Littlebigplanet.

And you can talk about General Guy if you want...
I think the grid or blocksystem (or whatever you wanna call it) is somewhat limited for doing more creative stages. And since SSB is coming for both 3DS and Wii U, why not use the stylus or the tablet, instead of choosing different parts (though springs, elevators etc. should not be removed). I think this makes it easier to players to use their imagination, plus you could save a lot of time by drawing.

OK, about General Guy... no wait, I have a question about Mario characters:
Let's just say that Paper Mario is added (since he's more likely to appear), but if another character from Mario games is being considered, what are the chances that General Guy (or Shy Guy) makes an appearance? I mean, how popular is he compared to other Mario characters (except Toad)?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
just wanna drop my two cents in, but i see around four 3rd party characters being introduced to the series this time around (not including snake or sonic), and my reason being that on top of a separate, unique experience on both consoles, they may introduce exclusive / unique characters. of course, i assume via interconnectivity that they will be playable on both consoles, but only while having both present or something to that degree.

another reason is because for a next gen console you might expect bigger names to appear like ryu hayabusa (imo seems likely) or whomever, whereas for ds you have a SLEW of characters from titles not yet introduced to smash, and would seem logical to introduce those characters on the ds version (professor layton, chibi robo, you get the idea).

but that's just me.

:phone:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The layout isn't as smooth for pushing the 5 buttons required and 2 control sticks as smoothly as a traditional controller. If they use the touch screen, it probably won't be as fast. Plus, it would be awkward to be pushing the buttons on the screen at a frantic pace. I would be afraid of breaking it! :laugh: The real reason is it's not as easy to get to each button.
But the button layout is what defined fighting games since the SNES up until now. I love the Gamecube layout but the rest of the industry did not and stuck with Nintendo's diamond shaped buttons of 4. You have Jump, Attack, and Special Attack, and it's set up more like the N64 which was perfectly fine. Then you have the 2 sets of shoulder buttons in a much better position than that awkward Z button ever was.There really is nothing wrong with the button and stick layout as all the traditional fighters have been using that method on home consoles since Nintendo invented it and up to this very day.

The positioning of the buttons compared to the stick is actually in the perfect position, just flipped from the C Stick way. Maybe you are thinking about the Wiimote trying to use the A button, and the D Pad, and the lower 1 and 2 buttons, now that was awkward. This controller literally is the undustry standard with a screen in the middle. I can guarantee you moving your fingers at a proper speed will not be an issue.

As for the screen, all we need is Sakurai's take on the whole motion craze to see that Smash is going to be as traditional as ever. He added motion with the wiimote for people who wanted it, but it was hardly a focus and barely anyone ever went that route, especially in the hard core tourny scene, you specifically have nothing to worry about. Now there very well may be instant smash attacks on the screen, much like SF did for their big moves, but it will be no different from C-Sticking and not to mention if the extra stick is faster, you can bet the screen will be largely ignored.

Fighting games in general just don't lend themselves to well to the touch screens, and so far the DS and 3DS proves it. Options are there, but they have never once broken the game. Smash will be smash and you can bet on it.

Only thing the controller will do for is, is make things so much more convenient with our social networking, setting up matches and such.

As for breaking it, If you've never broken a ds, your phone, or ipad by tapping it, chances are you won't break this. It's Nintendo for crying out loud, if you can break it like that you deserve a medal.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think the grid or blocksystem (or whatever you wanna call it) is somewhat limited for doing more creative stages. And since SSB is coming for both 3DS and Wii U, why not use the stylus or the tablet, instead of choosing different parts (though springs, elevators etc. should not be removed). I think this makes it easier to players to use their imagination, plus you could save a lot of time by drawing.

Let's just say that Paper Mario is added (since he's more likely to appear), but if another character from Mario games is being considered, what are the chances that General Guy (or Shy Guy) makes an appearance? I mean, how popular is he compared to other Mario characters (except Toad)?
General Guy: Not much. He appears once.
Shy Guy: I consider him a candidate for the the Yoshi series, since they've appeared in every one. And in that series, he only has Kamek and the Baby Bros. to compete with. And Kamek has appeared 3 times and looks like a regular Magikoopa. And the Baby Bros. in a separate series than their adult counterparts? Not likely.

So I consider Shy Guy the likeliest Yoshi candidate.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Second is true(i forgot to say it's LBP2):
SIB(sack in black)
4th too:
Portal turret

Not a rumor>Nintendo is going to stop the Aqua Blue 3DS (original color)
Thing are that with the Cobal Blue,it doesn't sell,and proof is that all the ads doesn't show it anymore.

First was started to explain why we know poor things about it,but not sure,since the site also said about playstation all star long before we knew,and it seemed fake at the time...
Wii G's mansion 2(lol)
Third was NOT a rumor, but it only says "compatible",it's not talking about a game there,but somewhere else,they are talking about "we don't have wii u version pictures yet" so i'm curious,maybe they're just talking about the 3DS game working on the wii u.
Before getting your hopes,don't forget the picture in the corner can't be wii u

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think we'll see Wii U/3DS exclusive 3rd party playable characters, or playable characters for that matter. The only exception I see is if Nintendo and Microsoft reach a deal on Banjo/Conker and let them in only for a 3DS/handheld smash bros game. However, even that is going realllly out there.
Four is a lot of third parties, lol
Four counting Snake and Sonic isn't a lot. But not counting them (and if they return), that is a 3rd party party.

Here is an awesome Mega Man X6 stage, an awesome NEW Super Mario Bros. stage hack (Shortie will like this!), an awesome redone version of the SSE Space Lab made into a full-on gory Metroid Prime Space Pirates Lab stage (which btw, the SSE Space Lab should have been a stage you can play in the multiplayer), and an awesome Chozo Ruins stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They might do away with such a rigid grid, but they will still have some sort of system so that the pieces don't overlap each other. Or only certain pieces can interlap. Good ideas though, Nintendo probably will want to promote the touch screen, and stage builder is one good way to do that, among others.

Honestly, Shy Guy (and by extension General Guy -- who would only make is as an alt costume) are very unlikely for Smash. As Mario characters (and if Paper Mario got in), Shy Guy still would be out-prioritized and out-popularized by Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, and even characters like Rosalina and Daisy. As a Yoshi character, Shy Guy's chances might get a little better, but still nothing noticeable (at least for Smash 4). And Kamek might get in before them. And this is all if Sakurai feels that generic characters (other than Pokemon and Yoshi) merit a spot in Smash. If he doesn't, Shy Guys won't get in.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least Sakurai has shown he likes Shy Guy. Seriously, they've kinda sorta been stage hazards in Melee's Yoshi's Story (sadly Yoshi's Island [Melee] made it over Yoshi's Island in Brawl; I can't stand that stage) and Brawl's version of Yoshi's Island.

Fun Fact: In Melee the Shy Guy cause small frame rate drops when they are hit.

Edit: Go to 2:00 for a lulz beta of a Poké Floats 2.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I really do not think the chances of a Yoshi´s island newcomer is high,but Baby Mario or Kamek are the best candidates for this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shy Guy best files under Yoshi characters. Especially Spear Guy, who first appeared there. ;)

@Metal Overlord: Heh. Yeah, that one's easy to forget he has. He also Special Beam Cannon and the Kamehameha.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Honestly, Shy Guy (and by extension General Guy -- who would only make is as an alt costume) are very unlikely for Smash. As Mario characters (and if Paper Mario got in), Shy Guy still would be out-prioritized and out-popularized by Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, and even characters like Rosalina and Daisy. As a Yoshi character, Shy Guy's chances might get a little better, but still nothing noticeable (at least for Smash 4). And Kamek might get in before them. And this is all if Sakurai feels that generic characters (other than Pokemon and Yoshi) merit a spot in Smash. If he doesn't, Shy Guys won't get in.
It's really a shame, because I can already see a nice moveset for General Guy...
It's also a shame to not have a lightweight villain (and comical, uses toys as weapons) in SSB, since all villains (except DDD) look brutal, scary (LOL) and powerful.

So, Sakurai likes Shy Guys? so there's still hope for this little fellah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom