• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really don't get why people think Snake is automatically out of Smash. He can appear in more than one series of fighting games.

It might be true that he won't appear in future Smash games if Sony paid Konami for exclusivity, but until that is confirmed, we shouldn't assume it is.

Konami knows Smash sells well, so unless Sony is offering them ridiculous amounts of money, it would make the most sense to have him appear in both games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not sure the Japanese version of Brawl has that issue. But if it did, that's awful animation, and not Sakurai's fault, but the graphic and/or sound editor's fault.

Honestly, I only think it is a localization issue by Nintendo of America/Europe/Australia. It would thus be the localization team's fault (or the team in charge of them for not allowing them to change the mouth movement), or perhaps the fault (again) of the graphic and/or sound editors.
The mouth animations bugged me so much. I swear, they just put a black circle over their mouths and made it disappear to emulate anime lip flaps.

watch, they are gonna get Ezio and Lightning in on this too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fPtazfALA
I see Cloud happening before Lightning. Personally I want Lightning for Smash but that's partially because I like pink haired girls. Then again, if Palutena gets in, we'll have her.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Snake was a stupid choice for a 3rd party character anyways.

If I'm wrong, fine, but I'm hoping he's gone. Hell, throw Sonic out with him. Keep Megs and Slime away too.

Let's ust get back to the Nintendo characters.

D

Deleted member

Snake being in PlayStation All-Stars means nothing. Again, he was in a fighting game before Brawl (Dream World TV Fighters or whatever) with all kinds of characters.

If Ganondorf can be a clone of Captain Falcon, Waluigi could be a clone of Wario, Mario, or Luigi. It isn't that hard to imagine. Paper Mario could also be a clone. Seriously, Ridley could be a Charizard clone. Stop acting like the characters you like are immune to being clones. Any character could be a clone.

If you want to continue to act this way by throwing insults as a way of arguing rather than using logic for debate, go here.
Ganondorf has the same build as Captain Falcon. This is what Sakurai meant on how Ganondorf was "lucky" to be chosen.
Notice how all the clones (and the semi-clones) share the same build as the one they copy. The only exception to this being Toon Link, but even then, his build is sort of similar.

Waluigi does not share the same build as Wario (short and stout vs. long and lanky), nor is it logical at all for him to chomp people, hop a motorcycle out of hammerspace, atomic fart, or become a superhero version of himself.
Whereas Ganondorf, he's a big, burly powerhouse that uses dark magic. While he hasn't ever thrown a Falcon Punch or Falcon Kick, it isn't unreasonable for him to throw a strong punch or kick covered in dark magic.

Granted, while Waluigi's tall lanky body doesn't match Mario or Luigi, it isn't completely unreasonable to picture him as a potential clone of them.That doesn't make it at all likely, however. Just because it can happen doesn't mean it will.
Also worth noting, that Luigi is not even considered a clone due to the multiple changes he has from Mario. Even if Waluigi ended up being another Mario semi-clone like Luigi, he still would be different enough.
Stop acting like the characters you hate are nothing but clone fodder. I never said Waluigi couldn't be a clone, I was calling you out on saying he would be one.

And really, I say on a later post that I need to leave to calm down, knowing full well that I'm getting too irritable, and you pull this kind of ****?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not sure the use in saying characters could be clones. The clones served a purpose in Melee, and that purpose is not going to arise again. They were changed up a bit in Brawl, and Brawl itself added no new clones.

We're... not going to see clones again.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not sure the use in saying characters could be clones. The clones served a purpose in Melee, and that purpose is not going to arise again. They were changed up a bit in Brawl, and Brawl itself added no new clones.

*full on clones*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Without getting back into Wolf (because I really don't want to, :nervous:) there was still a plan to add Toon Zelda/ Toon Sheik. Chances are they were going to be clones or semi-clones. Not necessarily, but there's a good chance. They didn't end up getting in, but it shows that Sakurai might not be done with semi-clones.

I think Sakurai will always fall back on semi-clones (or characters based on others, if you want to classify Wolf as that) for last minute additions. I think the fewer new characters added, the less chance of this happening though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
We'll probably still see similar characters, yeah. Like Dixie or Medusa.

Though it's annoying when Bound says Goroh would be a Takamaru clone. That's just dumb.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Besides, Kojima loves whoring out Snake since he's very into meta stuff in other games.
And Nintendo doesn't release a new Mario, Pokémon, or Wii/Mii game every month, amirite=??? :rotfl:
The mouth animations bugged me so much. I swear, they just put a black circle over their mouths and made it disappear to emulate anime lip flaps.
Yeah, Brawl had a lot of lackluster voice and graphic-related stuff. The game simply does not look as good as the character models or even the trailers. I think Brawl's graphics had to be worsened through the development because of frame rate issues because of the Wii's weak processing.

As for the voice stuff like the generic moving blabbing mouths, I think it's because the Smash Bros. development team was understaffed in that department.
I see Cloud happening before Lightning. Personally I want Lightning for Smash but that's partially because I like pink haired girls. Then again, if Palutena gets in, we'll have her.
Yeah, Cloud gets 1st priority in PlayStation All-Stars.

D

Deleted member

We'll probably still see similar characters, yeah. Like Dixie or Medusa.

Though it's annoying when Bound says Goroh would be a Takamaru clone. That's just dumb.
I agree. Just because both have a katana doesn't mean they'd be clones.
Takamaru would have a precision fighting style while using various tools like Link does while Goroh would have a reckless fighting style while relying on his own brute strength as well as his sword.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Notice how all the clones (and the semi-clones) share the same build as the one they copy. The only exception to this being Toon Link, but even then, his build is sort of similar.
And Young Link. And kinda sorta Pichu. But regardless, Waluigi has about the same body composition as Luigi. He's just longer and lankier.
And really, I say on a later post that I need to leave to calm down, knowing full well that I'm getting too irritable, and you pull this kind of ****?
You could just do that: leave to calm down, and actually calm down. Or make this "argument" into a discussion/formal debate without any anger or negative emotions.

Plus I guarantee you I can raise whatever stress you are going through by 100. I got so much crap already to deal with and to think about.
Now a website won't accept my 20 page essay I've put 100+ hours into because of the sites' technical issues, and my professor hasn't responded to my e-mail over the last 3 days. If I don't turn it in, I fail a class I am acing, have showed up to every day early, and I am well-informed in.
That's only the tip of the iceberg for me. But eh, it won't bother me, 'cuz I'll beat any challenge foolish enough to face me. Like Krystal fans! :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
STEP OFF, JOHN. MY STRESS IS THE STRONGEST LEVEL IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

It's just... not easy being so Strong when all the others around you are so weak...

D

Deleted member

And Young Link. And kinda sorta Pichu. But regardless, Waluigi has about the same body composition as Luigi. He's just longer and lankier.

You could just do that: leave to calm down, and actually calm down. Or make this "argument" into a discussion/formal debate without any anger or negative emotions.

Plus I guarantee you I can raise whatever stress you are going through by 100. I got so much crap already to deal with and to think about.
Now a website won't accept my 20 page essay I've put 100+ hours into because of the sites' technical issues, and my professor hasn't responded to my e-mail over the last 3 days. If I don't turn it in, I fail a class I am acing.
That's only the tip of the iceberg.
Young Link has the same frame as Link. He's just slightly smaller. They are similar to how Mario and Luigi are similar in that regard.

Mario and Luigi share a build. Wario has a different build from them, Waluigi has a different build from all three.
But I've already established that it isn't completely unreasonable for Waluigi to be a semi-clone like Luigi, but he wouldn't exactly copy Luigi or Mario.
You've seemed to have ignored most of my argument, however.

And I did leave. But I come back to that post. And don't try to turn this into a competition of who is "more stressted"; It accomplishes nothing and means nothing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mario and Luigi share a build. Wario has a different build from them, Waluigi has a different build from all three.
But I've already established that it isn't completely unreasonable for Waluigi to be a semi-clone like Luigi, but he wouldn't exactly copy Luigi or Mario.
You've seemed to have ignored most of my argument, however.
I didn't. I merely stated my translation of it. While I do think Waluigi could be a semi-clone, I honestly think the days of Melee clones are over. Expect semi-clones from here on out in smash, and nothing less. I think if Waluigi was a semi-clone sans Lucas/Wolf, I think he would be a perfect example of this idea.
And I did leave. But I come back to that post. And don't try to turn this into a competition of who is "more stressted"; It accomplishes nothing and means nothing.
Defeating stress is like defeating a boss in Zelda; you get more hearts, more Triforce pieces, more maps, more weapons, more loot, and more money for doing it! :awesome:

And I oddly find playing Smash 64 and doing Smash 64 combos as one of the best stress relievers. Doing Captain Falcon/Mario combos on computers in training mode = win. :shades:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@3rd Parties: Like always, who the heck knows. Moving on.

@Clones: Doubt we'll have clones by Melee filler character standards again, although I'd bet that the last character to be added on the final character sheet will be something like that (think Wolf). Not really something we should need to be concerned about either. Street Fighter has 7 versions of Ryu, no ones complains about that. etc. So I'm pretty sure the hate towards clones is mostly "my favorite character didn't get in" related anyway.

Later.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
SOny will get Solid Snake and Lightning; we'll get Simon Belmont and Slime.
I am not seeing a problem here. I always wanted Simon Belmont over Solid Snake in Smash. Castlevania always felt more Nintendo-esque than Metal Gear anyway. In fact, I recently downloaded the three NES games on my Wii. :awesome:

Edit: I wish Wario got some moves changed in Smash 4 to be more based on Wario Land games.

B: Shake It! - functions like Wario Bite but Wario shakes the enemies like in Wario Land: Shake It!, at least it would fit Wario's character than some made up crap like biting
Side B: Tackle Charge - functions like Wario Bike but without the motorcycle and can lead to mixups like tackling and grabbing/throwing
Up B: Vampire Wario - quickly turns into a bat and flies, anyone who gets in contact with the bat gets their health drained as Wario's health recovers
Down B: Spring Wario - functions the same as Wario Waft where Wario quickly turns into a spring and leaps very high, at least it would fit Wario's character than a stupid farting move that Wario never used to launch himself
Final Smash - Wario Man but with the old Brawl specials like Wario Bite, Wario Corkscrew, Wario Bike, and Wario Waft instead of Shake It!, Tackle Charge, Vampire Wario, and Spring Wario
All other moves - stays the same

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, people do complain about Ryu, however, he's just such a favorite that the complaints are ignored and drowned out by flaming, mainly. Likewise, Akuma and Evil Ryu(heh) are pretty much the only "true" clones. The rest are somewhat similar and "shotoclones"(which is a similarity in design) instead.

Basically, Akuma and Evil Ryu are more or less like Pichu.(albeit stronger) Where the rest are more like Falco.

D

Deleted member

Also, Meloetta's randomly growing fan base reminds me of Jirachi's fan base pre-Brawl. It had hype randomly, and then after a while, it disappeared forever.

I should know-I was a part of the Jirachi for Brawl movement initially... before I backed out right before the Jirachi "trend" died and Jirachi was Pokéball'd on the Dojo! :laugh:
To be fair, Meloetta isn't Mew-like (which pretty much rules out Jirachi). There's also the matter that Meloetta has transformation and could be a big part of Best Wishes 2. If the latter come through, I could see her getting a relatively big fan base.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Shake it! should be the pummel.
it fits well.
I beleive the bite is from wario's glutonery in the wares or from wario world.
bike stays,you say it's like it but without the bike,the bike can be used as a recovery,a heavy item,and the weels are light projectile.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh yeah, I quite like meloetta actually. She's not exactly a favourite, but depending on how she's used I think I could really become fond of her. :-)

But in general, I'd say she could gain a large fanbase. Again, if she's used right. She's kinda cute, seems slightly eccentric and is a legendary. :3

Okidoki, less than 12 hours before the tourny starts... I should get some sleep. :-I

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Shake it! should be the pummel.
it fits well.
I beleive the bite is from wario's glutonery in the wares or from wario world.
bike stays,you say it's like it but without the bike,the bike can be used as a recovery,a heavy item,and the weels are light projectile.

EDIT: posted the same thing twice and it didn't post what i added :l

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I have a tourny in less than 12 hours, that's what. :p

But i'm going to be off soon to sleep. Just as soon as I can get all the parts that have fallen off together on my annoying fake GC controllers :-/

Yup, apart from checking the other thread in 15 min, i'm about done hehe. See you guys, and wish me luck! :-D

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I have a tourny in less than 12 hours, that's what. :p

But i'm going to be off soon to sleep. Just as soon as I can get all the parts that have fallen off together on my annoying fake GC controllers :-/

Yup, apart from checking the other thread in 15 min, i'm about done hehe. See you guys, and wish me luck! :-D
Make Lucas the big winner.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
@Horsetail: star found a metroid cross starfox fake rumor.
Little discussion about waluigi.
Speculations
Ceiling Ghirahim is watching me
Nothing special
yadda yadda

@Lukin:yeah,6 is more likely than 5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meloetta has the cutest Pokemon cry in history. With her singing moves and dancing talent, she'd be good competition for Pudding (Jigglypuff).

:phone:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Meloetta has the cutest Pokemon cry in history. With her singing moves and dancing talent, she'd be good competition for Pudding (Jigglypuff).

:phone:
Nah...

Jigglypuff is a smash 64 veteran.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@3rd Parties: Like always, who the heck knows. Moving on.

@Clones: Doubt we'll have clones by Melee filler character standards again, although I'd bet that the last character to be added on the final character sheet will be something like that (think Wolf). Not really something we should need to be concerned about either. Street Fighter has 7 versions of Ryu, no ones complains about that. etc. So I'm pretty sure the hate towards clones is mostly "my favorite character didn't get in" related anyway.
Later.
That's because they behave so differently from each other. You can't even play Ryu, Akuma, and Ken alike at all. Then there's Sakura who's pretty much using similar looking specials, but they function differently and as has normals (so she's more Wolf than Falco).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Final Smashes, at one point I did mention about Ganondorf changing into Ganon.

Basically, Ganondorf would change into Ganon, which would make him bigger and stronger. As Ganon, he's impervious to flinching, but can still take damage from attacks. The transformation lasts for about 15 seconds.

[collapse=Ganon]
[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom