• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, before I leave again to prevent myself from turning green, so to speak, I thought of another character that could be interesting.

I saw a video about a Zelda model hack to be Palutena vs. a Meta Knight model hack to be 02 (or Zero Two) with a creepy remix of 02's theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pva6fvsZqE (Palutena vs. 02)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn7g0wHAhNM (The music)

Then it dawned on me; how about 02 as a character?
He'd be interesting, no? And he'd supply the Kirby series with a true, recurring (02 being the reincarnate of Zero from Dreamland 3) villain.

There are two things against him though.
1. He's not made by Sakurai.
2. He squirts blood out of his eye. That would heavily change the rating, don't you think?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry about that Triple Dash. Snake's moveset in that Dreamworld TV fighting game was completely different from how he was in Brawl.

Plus something tells me it will either be MGS1 Solid Snake, MGS3 Naked Snake/Big Boss, or MGS4 Old Snake to avoid the smash bros. similarities.
But WE may get those as alts :/

John,before you post i wanted to post the exact same thing about the blasters :crazy:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
After looking on Facebook, there are 3 most wanted retro characters for Sm4sh.
1. Duck Hunt Dog with over 1000 likes. O.O
2. Takamaru with 60 likes.
3. Balloon Fighter with 30 likes.

:phone:
Yup, sounds about right. :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The dog is kind of like the Waluigi of retro characters. He's really popular and everyone knows him, and a few mistake that as meaning he's a worthy addition.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Again, if you call Wolf a clone, you are calling Luigi a clone.

Are you wanting to call Luigi a clone?
It might, if only because Sony and Nintendo are still rivals. I'm sure somewhere Sony would try to add Snake only if he was in PlayStation All-Stars (wouldn't make much sense having him if the competitor does too).
I'd agree that Sony probably tried (and maybe even succeeded -- we'll find out later) in getting Snake exclusively in their game, but I think there is still business reasoning to have him in both games even if companies can't get him exclusively, as he would still bring in sales for the game, which is what matters most.

Also, here is some interesting unused blaster animation for Fox and Falco. They both look the same, although Falco moves less drastically from what I can tell.

I think those animations will be used in Smash Wii U/3DS in all honesty.
Interesting how Wolf doesn't have one. Further proof he was added late.

But WE may get those as alts :/
We still might, what matters most is what they decide to use as the main outfit in promotion. I expect some outfit overlap will occur.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, before I leave again to prevent myself from turning green, so to speak, I thought of another character that could be interesting.

I saw a video about a Zelda model hack to be Palutena vs. a Meta Knight model hack to be 02 (or Zero Two) with a creepy remix of 02's theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pva6fvsZqE (Palutena vs. 02)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn7g0wHAhNM (The music)

Then it dawned on me; how about 02 as a character?
He'd be interesting, no? And he'd supply the Kirby series with a true, recurring (02 being the reincarnate of Zero from Dreamland 3) villain.

There are two things against him though.
1. He's not made by Sakurai.
2. He squirts blood out of his eye. That would heavily change the rating, don't you think?
It would be interesting, but he's better off as a final smash for his underling, Dark Matter. Dark Matter has a better chance because he made more appearances and can pick items up easily. Either way, not many Smash fans are interested in either one of them as a fighter. :(

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^As a boss would be awesome though.

Although I'd also like to see Marx as a boss. And for some reason I have a feeling that Kracko could show up as a possible boss too.

He shows up enough in Kirby games...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if Sakurai feels bosses should be BIG. The smallest boss we had was... Tabuu.

I mean, a small boss like Galacta Knight would be pretty neat since their small size would be one of the things to make them a difficult boss, but I just wonder if Sakurai feels that's not how bosses should be in Smash.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
Imo I think bosses shouldn't be so big. Leave that to Mario, Zelda or Metroid games. If we had small nimble bosses, that can grab, dodge, attack, use specials and that you need need to knock them out and they need to use recoveries would be awesome (but people would request that as a playable character as well since it can do all that >.<).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ wezai
So pretty much you want bosses to be like other characters=??? :awesome:
(I'm half joking-half serious by the way)
Interesting how Wolf doesn't have one. Further proof he was added late.
All of Wolf's victory animations are borrowed from Fox. If I remember correctly, Wolf is the only character to borrow victory frames from another character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@wezai
It would be interesting, but for all that effort, I think they would just take the time to make it a full character. Plus people would complain that it would pretty much be a full-fledged character that was unplayable (without hacks). A smaller boss would be interesting though, but I'm guessing it would work similarly to the existing bosses (limited amount of attacks and movements, health bar)

@John
That's quite interesting, I actually didn't know that.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
@ wezai
So pretty much you want bosses to be like other characters=??? :awesome:
(I'm half joking-half serious by the way).
Haha, yes. But of course they would offer a harder challenge than normal characters. Maybe they could have a different interaction with stages (like controlling them). For example, the final stage would take in multiple different levels (like every minute the map flashes and the stage is a different one). So if the stage that appeared is Yoshi's Story, this boss could control the Shy-Guys to come in a crowd and keep attacking and chasing you.

I don't know how that could be implemented to be honest, so I think we will be seeing huge *** bosses on FD as normally we do. :p

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think small bosses could work. It just depends on the range of their attacks and attack power. Would more or less be a stamina fight in special mode. Although to be honest, I'd rather have big bosses rather than small ones.

Still betting that Galacta Knight will be a trophy, and maybe a Meta Knight alternate color.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ wezai
That kinda actually sounds like the bosses in Street Fighter II wezai (what you said earlier, I mean). I mean think about it: They were stronger characters who weren't playable, but later wound up playable.

However, what you recently described sounds more like say Tabuu (minus his giant form). It sounds like you are trying to get say a traditional Kirby/Paper Mario/classic Mega Man (Robot Master)-sized boss in Smash.

Maybe Bowser in Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3/Super Mario 64 would be a better example, or even Wart in Super Mario Bros. 2/Wario in Super Mario Land 2 would be better examples.

But I do kinda agree that small bosses should definitely be considered. Not every boss has to be as tall, large, or as wide as a skyscraper in smash. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I got the Wolf taunt part wrong. Actually what I meant to say is that all or nearly all of Wolf's taunts are just him doing his actual moves.

All I think they added was his mouth jabbering... often times out of sync with the words! :laugh:

(lol 2007 technology)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did your gut tell you wrong.

Also I think Ike's out-of-synch mouth movement is the worst, lol.

I guess Sakurai didn't bother with allowing mouth animations for most characters, since they're so small that they wouldn't be noticeable. It's almost like some characters have two separate heads, which pop in and out of existence depending on the animation needed. I recall seeing a glitch where a giant Zamus appeared to have two faces over one another when she was hit.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not sure the Japanese version of Brawl has that issue. But if it did, that's awful animation, and not Sakurai's fault, but the graphic and/or sound editor's fault.

Honestly, I only think it is a localization issue by Nintendo of America/Europe/Australia. It would thus be the localization team's fault (or the team in charge of them for not allowing them to change the mouth movement), or perhaps the fault (again) of the graphic and/or sound editors.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Wassup! So, let me get this straight, these are possible Smash 4 newcomers...
[COLLAPSE="Smash Newcomers"]Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Toad
Ghirahim
Tingle
Skull Kid
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong or Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong
Krystal
Bandana Dee
Prince Fluff
Genesect
Victini
Zoroark
Gen. 5 Pkmn Trainer
Mewtwo(that's what I consider him)
Chrome
Roy
Takamaru
Duck Hunt Dog
Muddy Mole
Ridley
Dark Samus
Sylux
Slime
Stafy
Chibi Robo
Masked Man
Megaman
Professor Layton
Ryu
Saki
Isaac
Little Mac
Ray MKIII
Geno[/COLLAPSE]
Did I do all right?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
By the way,when wolf end his beast pose in the stance,he goes fox,like it was cut.

Like (meta)ridley in brawl,we should have something like porky in his robot and the other tinier robot somewhere else in the story/smash boss.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
**** Impa, let's have another, way more badass female ninja/kunoichi/whatever you call it instead in Smash:

[COLLAPSE="Leaked Character Artwork for Kunimitsu in Tekken Tag Tournament 2"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
**** Impa, let's have another, way more badass female ninja/kunoichi/whatever you call it instead in Smash:

[/COLLAPSE]
WHHHHHOOOOAAAHHH. I always knew she would return. But no one listened. Eat that, Delp!
...That must've been weird. Anyway, she and Prototype Jack are my fave Tekken characters ever. After Raven.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

[/COLLAPSE]
That's kind of hard to see in a such mask.
I also love how it's the original mask,but it doesn't cover all her face.

Next time diddy's there,i think i found a reason why gihrahim is a better pick than impa,at least for SS.

EDIT:WTF!why can't i learn to type ghirahim :( holder please,i'm innocent.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Someone other than me loves P. Jack? Hell yeah

Here's to hoping he and Alex are in TTT2

Here's the other two leaked character artwork pics, BTW:

[COLLAPSE="Ogre"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Angel"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wassup! So, let me get this straight, these are possible Smash 4 newcomers...
[COLLAPSE="Smash Newcomers"]Bowser Jr. Moderate chance IMO.
Waluigi Some shot IMHO, specifically as a clone.
Toad Got a shot at being playable, although I am sure how much of a chance.
Ghirahim No one shot wonder Zelda character has made it thus far, aside from Zelda's alter ego.
Tingle If you want people to be indifferent to the game, this is the perfect character to add. Plus, he's dead in the Zelda franchise. Thus, he has a minimal shot at being playable.
Skull Kid Nope. Another pipe dream.
King K. Rool Book it.
Dixie Kong or Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong Dixie solo is looking very likely.
Krystal Her last appearance=??? Brawl. You can most likely scratch out her chances.
Bandana Dee Not really prevalent until RtDL. Thus, I think most likely this ain't happening.
Prince Fluff I don't think Sakurai wants to add a Kirby character he didn't create.
Genesect Despite a seemingly growing fan base that is catching up to Victini's fan base, I think the odds are stacked against Genesect.
Victini Seems to be fading away. However, Victini remains relevant. I'd say don't give up on Victini, but don't bet on it.
Zoroark The most likely Pokémon newcomer.
Gen. 5 Pkmn Trainer LOL no.
Mewtwo(that's what I consider him) He's all but confirmed, unless Sakurai hates smash fans.
Chrome Data incomplete on this. Let's wait a while.
Roy This kinda sorta depends on what happens with Krom, so I'll leave this alone for now.
Takamaru Eventually Takamaru is gonna be playable in smash, assuming the series continues. I'm not sure if now is the time, but perhaps it is.
Duck Hunt Dog A nearly 11-year old bad joke that never dies.
Muddy Mole A true wild card character.
Ridley I highly doubt he won't be playable.
Dark Samus Ridley gets priority over Dark Samus. Also, the Prime series seems to be dead. Thus, I think the correct answer is a starch "no."
Sylux Again, Ridley gets priority. However, Sylux may return in future Metroid games. Maybe in a future installment of smash bros he will be a serious candidate.
Slime Sakurai would really have to reach for this character.
Stafy I'd say Starfy stands a pretty good shot at being playable.
Chibi Robo I think his window of opportunity is both behind him and far ahead of him.
Masked Man Nope. Very little chance of being playable. A boss, maybe. But not playable.
Megaman I'd bet on it.
Professor Layton I'd say Layton gets a rain check for now.
Ryu Ryu from Street Fighter=??? Mega Man gets priority, thus he has no shot. Ryu from Ninja Gaiden=??? Unlikely, but still possible.
Saki I'm say the odds are stacked a bit against him IMHO.
Isaac He's got a shot, although I'm not sure how good of one.
Little Mac I would say the odds are stacked in his favor.
Ray MKIII Has been an Assist Trophy character before. Not likely, but very possible.
Geno Would require a lot of legal work[/COLLAPSE]
Did I do all right?
Responses in Green.

Also, you forgot Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Cranky Kong, Vatti (for the lulz), Toon Zelda/Sheik (or Tetra), Young Link (for the lulz), Pichu, Plusle and Minun, Deoxys, Blazekein, Meowth, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Paletuna, an Animal Crosser, Tom Nook, Louie (from Pikmin for the lulz), Andy (from Advance Wars, even if he has little to no shot), Shulk, Miis, Travis Touchdown (for the lulz), Gray Fox, Tails, Dr. Eggman, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Chocobo, and a load of retro characters I care not to list. :bee:

D

Deleted member

John, explain how in the Hell Waluigi would be a clone. Seriously.
I know you hate Waluigi, but stop making **** up.

Waluigi is just as likely as Paper Mario is to be a clone.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@JonhKnight:

Is Zoroark really the favorite pokemon to get in smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom