• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The Legend of Zelda: None of his candidates have a good shot of getting into SSB4. Midna was a one-shot, Zant was a one-shot, and Ghirahim will probably be a one-shot. There are no likely Zelda reps left. Even Tingle and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, the two most likely Zelda candidates, don't have a good shot.

Wario: I will never understand why people think a second Wario rep stands a good chance. Support for a Wario rep has died down after Brawl and I do not see many support for 9-Volt. Most of the supports left are going to Mona and Ashley and they barely exist outside of GameFAQs. DK will get a third rep before Wario gets another character in. I don't imagine us getting a second Wario rep until SSB5 and even then, maybe not at all. The only one that stands a chance of getting in SSB4 is Kat & Ana and it's not a large one.
These reasons is WHY it FAILED hard!!

Who cares if the Wario fanbase has died down, it's completly irrelavent, it doesn't make sense that he say would that seeing that Nintendo will probably go on with the series.

And how the heck does he know that Skyward Sword isn't likely to get a rep?, his argument about a "one-shot" character doesn't make sense, if anything, Sakurai might want to give the game some representation, I don't however see Ganon going anywhere if Gharaim were to be in Smash.

Just tell that moron to visit this thread sometime. :/

:phone:

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I have to think that WarioWare is one of the series that will most benefit from the Wii U controller. Seems like a natural fit.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In regards to the Wario series, if its possible for the Mother series to get a second character, its possible for the Wario series as well considering how more popular it is. Then again it may not. Who knows.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Also, I like that you give Geno a nod. Most EVERYONE hates him nowadays.
Why do people think people hate Geno? I don't hate Geno, I'm just a skeptic. Skeptic =/= hater. I would ****ing love if Tingle got in, but I don't think LoZ is getting another rep.

Also I want Miis to get in just so I can play as Miyamoto.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wait, I get to argue with SSBF?? This should be fun, seeing that he is smart. I'll actually have to think about what I say, okay give me a minute homie.

EDIT: What am I supposed to be saying to SSBF? I agree with him.

"I’m a realistic person" quote from Styrks (whatever his name is) was the funniest part about that link. I really feel like my job has been done but I'll say. That it is possible for certain 3rd parties to have more reps due to better relations, it's not hard to understand LOL.

I stopped reading the blog here "My picks: Midna, Zant or Ghirahim."

Next topic please LOL

OmegaXXII

Why are you people disagreeing with him? :/

The Mii concept is nice, has potential, but I believe they might implement some kind of Smash related moves as well, but that's just me.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I really hate the idea of Miis...what is this.

Okay, show me some Mii data, and I'll tell you what I think. Warning: Don't repost it if you are going to get butthurt from my comments if I don't like it.
Come on, who doesn't want to play Smash as Miiyamoto?
Come on, man, that'd be awesome.

OmegaXXII

@Iblis: We need to work this out. Whats bothering you Omega? hit us back.
What are you taliking about, I was just commenting on that post from AllisBrawl that SSBFan provided, I had a hard time accepting that :/

...moving on..

XIblisX any thoughts on any of this?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Easy fix. Make Miyamoto a character or replace Toon/Young Link with Miyamoto Link LOL

Sorry, I'm just a little confused about your earlier post. I couldn't tell who was "Failing". If you don't feel like discussing it thats fine, we'll just move on the next topic.

@Iblis: have you seen that booty warrior episode? Gimme yo *** *****, you see me lookin at you...
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, I have.

What are you taliking about, I was just commenting on that post from AllisBrawl that SSBFan provided, I had a hard time accepting that :/

...moving on..

XIblisX any thoughts on any of this?

I'm still confused on what's going on here. I refuse to read that blog after seeing picks as Minda, Zant, and the such LOL.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx, you should check out my Rate Their Chances blog if you haven't already.
nLiM8d said:
SSBFan seems unusually vexed this afternoon. I wonder what that fella at AllisBrawl said to set him off, initially.
What set me off is that he claimed that this was a realistic roster to expect, yet this isn't even close to realistic. I dislike how he plays the relevancy clause for the DK series yet thinks that characters that clearly have relevancy issues worse then King K. Rool/Dixie Kong have any better of a shot {Krystal, Black Shadow, Midna, Zant to name a few} (If you're going to use relevancy as an argument, be consistent), I dislike how he puts Travis Touchdown above that of Mega Man, Ryu Hayabusa, Slime, and Professor Layton when he has less of a chance then those four, I dislike how he makes suggestions that aren't realistic {9-volts}, and I was surprised that Victini wasn't even given a mention when his chances are far beyond that of Genesect's.
Pieman0920 said:
In regards to the Wario series, if its possible for the Mother series to get a second character, its possible for the Wario series as well considering how more popular it is. Then again it may not. Who knows.
I have no idea why Lucas was added to SSBB, especially as a semi-clone. To me, I think he was added simply because he was relevant. Can someone englighten me on why he was added?
Reyairia said:
Also I want Miis to get in just so I can play as Miyamoto.
I'm not supporting Mii's, but even I will admit that it would be awesome to play as a mock-up of someone, which is why I'm neutral on Mii's in terms of wanting them. It would be nice if the Mii's was used in the place of the Random Box, thought, so I would actually use every slot (I found the Random Box to be pointless).
xIblisx said:
That it is possible for certain 3rd parties to have more reps due to better relations, it's not hard to understand LOL.
You do have a point their, but I'm not if that means anything, although I do hope it does because 4-6 third-party characters, while not needed, would be nice. We'll have to get more information before deciding whenever or not to adding more then Mega Man is actually something to expect.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Link me the to the blog SSBF. Also I'll really hold off on 3rd party topics for my reasons. I want to see some more info from Nintendo regarding SSB4 before I actually start taking this thread seriously and putting actual effort into. Only thing type of effort in here I've been doing is lol'ing, making other people lol or mad, and argue with people.

@LiM8d: Do you mean the DBZ song? If so then yeah, it should be known worldwide.

OmegaXXII

I highly agree with, I'm actually the one whose always been suggesting the possibility of this, it's not impossible for them not to incoporate it in Smash, just look at how Brawl utilized SD usage for example, the same can be done for custom music via an SD slot, converting the themes would be as simple as converting them via PC, it's not that complicated at all.

EDIT:

@XIblisX: HERE'S the link to SSBFans Rate their Chances Blog, you'll find it interesting.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Funny thing is that is exactly how music hacking works. You get the .brstm of the song you want. Rename the song as the code of the song on Brawl and then it overrides and plays your .brstm when you select that song in-game.

So if hackers can do it, Nintendo should be able to do it. (Or that says something about them and makes me lose mad respect for them.)

@LiM8d - I'm going to hurt some feelings though if they feel strongly about something and they are wrong.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think online for Smash4 should have some sort of ranking system. The more matches you win, the higher you move up, if you lose too much you drop. That way, you don't have to sift through the darkness and fight 100 n00bs, 5 ultra rapists, and only 10 people that are on your skill level. This could birth a LOT more strong players. If Smash had an online with well thought out rankings and match ups, we could have an even better/competitive community. Well, I think anyways. Even if I'm wrong on that part, a ranking system is in order. Possibly even chat. So long as it's optional. I do believe the controllers have Microphones in them, but I'm not 100% sure.

OmegaXXII

Funny thing is that is exactly how music hacking works. You get the .brstm of the song you want. Rename the song as the code of the song on Brawl and then it overrides and plays your .brstm when you select that song in-game.

So if hackers can do it, Nintendo should be able to do it. (Or that says something about them and makes me lose mad respect for them.)
Right! Converting the files would basically be the same as hackers probably do it, just get the you have, rename it accordingly in order to "fit" into SSB4's data, then simply convert, transfer and plug in, it's a real simply concept if you ask me, Nintendo is just lazy :/

@nB: I'm not mad!! You're not Chris the Ripper lol...

EDIT: I should post this in Operation: Connect.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shigeru Miyamoto vs Muhammed Ali. Osama vs Obama (and a squad of Navy Seals). Your grandma vs Clint Eastwood (no, they aren't in a retirement home fighting over the best wheelchair). Ray Lewis vs Paris Hilton (I predict... pain!) How would this not be awesome?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think online for Smash4 should have some sort of ranking system. The more matches you win, the higher you move up, if you lose too much you drop. That way, you don't have to sift through the darkness and fight 100 n00bs, 5 ultra rapists, and only 10 people that are on your skill level. This could birth a LOT more strong players. If Smash had an online with well thought out rankings and match ups, we could have an even better/competitive community. Well, I think anyways. Even if I'm wrong on that part, a ranking system is in order. Possibly even chat. So long as it's optional. I do believe the controllers have Microphones in them, but I'm not 100% sure.
I loved this post. Even though I'm still trying to get better myself I would love to help others and find people around my level or better. That's the only way to get better.

Remember though guys, not matter how well wifi turns out, playing offline improves far better in the long run. I won't lie, a lot of Brawl pros did start on wifi but they really improve once they hit the offline scene. Wifi is a good source to practice mix-ups, learn MUs, and learn how read patterns when you don't have someone near by to play.

Right! Coverting the files would basically be the same as hackers probably do it, just get the you have, rename it accordingly in order to "fit" into SSB4's data, then simply convert, transfer and plug in, it's a real simply concept if you ask me, Nintendo is just lazy :/

@nB: I'm not mad!! You're not Chris the Ripper lol...

Exactly. Also change his name to Chris the Bitter. The kid was biting off my jokes, told that ***** to stay off my plate LOL. Going green with my jokes yo

EDIT - LiM8d is right. Is anyone getting this and posting it in there?

OmegaXXII

Shigeru Miyamoto vs Muhammed Ali. Osama vs Obama (and a squad of Navy Seals). Your grandma vs Clint Eastwood (no, they aren't in a retirement home fighting over the best wheelchair). Ray Lewis vs Paris Hilton (I predict... pain!) How would this not be awesome?

Yea, people actually create Mii's to look like celeberties or their favorite character, having Mii involvement would create lots of laughs, and hey if your favorite character doesn't make it, you could always create to make it look and " resemble" one.

Custom music needs to happen, or else cute pudgy kittens will cry. Now who would want that?

Plus I want some high energy adrenaline to pump me up...

Exactly another reason I want to see custom music, Street Fighter themes would definetly make it fun, and I would be able to pretend lol..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still waiting for the MODs to respond. I'm giving them until Tuesday before I decide what to do next.
I'm questioning if I should get too deep into this because I have a lot on my plate this fall with grad school and working full time... It still kind of weirds me out that by the time SSB4 comes out, I might actually be a doctor. O_o;

OmegaXXII

I'm still waiting for the MODs to respond. I'm giving them until Tuesday before I decide what to do next.
I'm questioning if I should get too deep into this because I have a lot on my plate this fall with grad school and working full time... It still kind of weirds me out that by the time SSB4 comes out, I might actually be a doctor. O_o;
Inspiring indeed, hopefully you will succedd with both Operation: Connect as well as being a doctor, congratulations. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Custom music needs to happen, or else cute pudgy kittens will cry. Now who would want that?

Plus I want some high energy adrenaline to pump me up...

We need to send custom music as a demand suggestion to nintendo. Someone post this comment in that group.

Take control and do it. If it gets closed, I have connections with mods and if that doesn't work we can complain, but complain intelligently and get it unlocked with some explaining.

True, you don't pay nearly as much attention to your character's potential when you are in the arena. Much like practicing for a sport or music session, you develop your skills at home and the rest becomes instinct.

However, most people aren't motivated to try their game on their own time. Especially if they don't understand the scheme of things yet. Its best to have mentors around to encourage them and help unravel the veil of learning curve that encapsulates the possibilities of the game.

Its a great game, if people will give it a chance.
Everyone read that post.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Lol yeah, I'm going into my game design program this fall, bizarre to think (it's a one year intensive), that I could even work on it given the production time table. O.O

OmegaXXII

@xIblisx: Im gonna go ahead and map out a suggestion for custom music in the social group.

@Fatman: If you need any assisstance in approving your thread, just hit me up, I know alot of people who would be willing to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom