• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thino

Smash Master
relevance or nostalgia?

I don't really remember anyone being nostalgic about Ice Climbers in Melee nor were they really that "relevant" ( I don't like that word when it comes to predicting Smash rosters at all )

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I will note that statement is not entirely true. Geno isn't all that relevant. Sure he has a strong foundation of fans, but what does he have to offer that every other square enix creation hasn't been suped up with? Its simply a one shot glimpse at what nintendo and SE could pull of together that fascinated rpg fans. (much like each one of their other products)

While I'm not trying to defend Deoxys chances, I'll mention that it is somewhat of a convincing coincidence that Geno hasn't been represented in Smash brothers by any means. Even if he has had strong points in the directors journal. After how he represented his own creations, it goes to show that the man's inspirations can lead to some bad execution on the basis of bais.
Well that is my point. Geno doesn't have relevance BUT he has nostalgia. K Rool has way more relevance than Geno but he hasn't been in a game in years, so his relevance is looking pretty bad, especially with being left out of DKCR. Regardless, relevance isn't everything and while characters like Lucario, Ike, and Lucas used it to get ib, the most loved and memorable characters are the ones who are nostalgic. Unfortunately for Pokemon. A majority of the general gaming culture moved on from Pokemon after the first or MAYBE second generation. Then there are the Pokefans who love ALL Pokemon so it doesn't really matter who is added to appease them. All that's left are the people that Gamefreak wants to market to, and only the newsest generation will be advertised in Smash because they want you to buy the newest stuff. It's unfortunate, but that's how Pokemon works.

Edit: People generally weren't nostalgic about Ice Climbers because they were probaly too young to have played their game. It was nostalgic to Sakurai and older gamers.
:phone:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I was thinking about something in regards to the DK series, and I wonder if it, or any other series, is in the same problem that the Star Fox series was in for Brawl, aka Sakurai is only familiar with a few games and thus draws inspiration from those rather than any other. I say this because during Brawl's development Sakurai was asked if Krystal would be in, and said he didn't know that character. If this was really true, then it probably means that Sakurai was only really informed about SF64, and probably SF as well. (Keep in mind Sakurai probably doesn't handpick all the trophies and what not, and that's probably left to someone else)

Anyways, while I'm sure he knows of the existence of most games within any given series, he's probably only really familiar with a set few that he's actually played, and thus most content comes from there. Now this is pure speculation, but if I had to guess in regards to the DK series, it seems he's only familiar with the original DK, DKC1 (Maybe 2) and possibly Jungle Beat. What that actually would entail for the DK series though I wouldn't know, but its still all speculation, so who knows. (Also, I wonder if he ever got the message that K.Rool and his counterparts are all the same person instead of brothers)

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: In regards to your Toad move set, it's good, but you forgot the grabs.

@ssbowns: Your stage concepts are great. I really enjoyed reading them.

@Starphoenix: Your Slime move set was great. I would definitely be happy with that.
Chris the Ripper said:
Wait,I got a question.Is SSBB4 even in production?If so,how far have they gotten?.......lol,Goten
It is in the planning stage, but development doesn't start until October.
ChronoBound said:
How do you have so many character support tags in your signature? For me it passed the limit once I hit seven characters.
I did not add anything else to my signature. So if you're planning to add seven or more character to your signature, you'll have to remove the Roy signature you have.
OmegaXVII said:
Mii? How will you do that? I can't seem to understand that as of now
Maybe you can pull it off the Wii series it's renowned for.
Barbasol said:
Oh! and I joined Operation Connect, always nice to support a grassroots initiative.
More members are always a great thing.
Starphoenix said:
What do you guys think?
This looks very official to me, almost like if I was seeing the real deal.
ssbowns said:
I wonder what his chances really are. What are the chances there will be only 3rd 3rd party character? What are the chances of Megaman taking that slot? Is Ryu really the 2nd option to get in? Or is this all just like hoping for Popeye or Neo
- I would put the chances of us getting four third-party characters at 50/50. People love them, but Nintendo must be careful to add them in.

- Mega Man will very likely take the 3rd third-party slot. Another possibility is Ryu from Street Fighter, although Mega Man is much more wanted. By this, the only likely way Ryu Hayabusa gets is if no Capcom rep arrives, which IMO, has a low chance of happening.

- Sorry to say this, but as great as he would be, I can't really say he has a good chance. He would make a fantastic character like Mega Man would but there is a ton of competition for the 4th third-party slot if it even happens. He has to worry about Slime, Travis Touchdown, Pac-Man, Professor Layton, you get the point. In comparison to most third-party characters, he could get in, but I still think his chances are bleak. Basically, unless your Sonic, Snake, or Mega Man, you don't have a good shot of getting in.
OmegaXVII said:
• Sonic
•Megaman
•Snake
•Ryu H.
•Slime
Ironically enough Ryu Hayabusa, Slime, and Professor Layton, the three most likely candidates for the 4th slot, are less supported then Travis Touchdown and Geno.
Hoots said:
I don't wanna hate but.... no K Rool? Fail. I MAYBE would have let it slide had you not said Midna and 9 Volt. Also, I like that you give Geno a nod. Most EVERYONE hates him nowadays.

Edit: I love that Slime moveset. He really would be a cool character to play, regardless of the fact that he doesn't deserve to be in Smash.
I have to agree, that list sucked. I'm going to make a response to why that list is crap.

Also technically, IMO, Mega Man is the only deserving third-party character left.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I was thinking about something in regards to the DK series, and I wonder if it, or any other series, is in the same problem that the Star Fox series was in for Brawl, aka Sakurai is only familiar with a few games and thus draws inspiration from those rather than any other. I say this because during Brawl's development Sakurai was asked if Krystal would be in, and said he didn't know that character. If this was really true, then it probably means that Sakurai was only really informed about SF64, and probably SF as well. (Keep in mind Sakurai probably doesn't handpick all the trophies and what not, and that's probably left to someone else)

Anyways, while I'm sure he knows of the existence of most games within any given series, he's probably only really familiar with a set few that he's actually played, and thus most content comes from there. Now this is pure speculation, but if I had to guess in regards to the DK series, it seems he's only familiar with the original DK, DKC1 (Maybe 2) and possibly Jungle Beat. What that actually would entail for the DK series though I wouldn't know, but its still all speculation, so who knows. (Also, I wonder if he ever got the message that K.Rool and his counterparts are all the same person instead of brothers)
I completely agree that Sakurai is mostly ignorant of a ton of games and franchises which is what terrifies me about K Rool's chances, especially if he thinks they're all brothers. However, maybe he can see potential options better from the Brawl polls, the reactions to the roster, as well has input from his new team.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Possible King K. Rool specials...

Megaton Punch: King K. Rool moves his fist back, building up power, and strikes the target hard. Attack's power and knockback is high, but it is also slow in execution.

Body Rush: King K. Rool charges in a reckless manner, damaging anyone who gets in his way.

Rocketbarrel Blast: King K. Rool gets onto his personal Rocketbarrel from DK Barrel Blast, and flies at one of 8 possible directions. This move acts as a third jump, and can damage anyone who gets in the way.

Belly Flop: King K. Rool dives down to the ground with his belly face down. The attack inflicts good damage and knockback, but its recovery time is quite slow, which makes K. Rool vulnerable to counterattacks.

Blunderbuss: King K. Rool's Final Smash. K. Rool takes out his blunderbuss, and starts firing cannonballs recklessly. The cannonballs can deal heavy damage to targets. Hold the attack button, and K. Rool will fire a cannonball at a faster speed, but the rapid-fire will be much slower. He can freely move around while using this Final Smash, but it only last for about 12 seconds; the blunderbuss will explode when the Final Smash expires.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ironically enough Ryu Hayabusa, Slime, and Professor Layton, the three most likely candidates for the 4th slot, are less supported then Travis Touchdown and Geno.
I know right? Fear not, though! I'll continue sew the seeds of Layton support and soon enough, EVERYONE will be dying to fight... like gentlemen! I think once Smash4 gets close and people become more educated about the professor , he'll have a pretty huge fanbase in the Smash community. I'll be(or I guess I already am) the Starphoenix of Professor Layton! Hyabusa is on his own though. I'm sorry, but do we really need a straight up ****ing ninja in Smash? I'll concede to the addition of Greasy Jugs though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If it is worth noting, the four characters he put in the prototype for Smash 64 were Mario, DK, Samus, and Fox.

Maybe he's a DK fan after all...? Although DK doesn't necessarily mean he liked DKC. Although that may explain ZS Samus and Wolf's, inclusion. >3>

Also, your Layton fanboyism is infectious, Hoots. I have a friend with all the games, so I'll probably be borrowing them sometime. (ALREADY BORROWING HER WII AT THE MOMENT...)

D

Deleted member

@berserker01: Read the move set and I absolutely love it. If a fourth slot opens up, I really hope Ryu Hayabusa (Or at least one of Slime/Professor Layton/Travis Touchdown) gets it.
nLiM8d said:
Is there anyone that still consider's peach a valuable addition? Perhaps her spot can co-exist with toad's since their characters originated from the same installment.
Toadette could replace Toad while Toad become playable.
Hoots said:
I know right? Fear not, though! I'll continue sew the seeds of Layton support and soon enough, EVERYONE will be dying to fight... like gentlemen! I think once Smash4 gets close and people become more educated about the professor , he'll have a pretty huge fanbase in the Smash community. I'll be(or I guess I already am) the Starphoenix of Professor Layton!
You have my support on him (Basically everyone that I want in the game I support).

D

Deleted member

If anyone hasn't seen my Rotohex stage idea, here's the link to the post...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12960903&postcount=10508

I also updated the idea by implementing the Wii U controller into the mix.
Question, can you still play with the Wii-U controller on that stage as an option? I don't like the idea of taking a controller away for this stage at all, especially for people who may only have one controller, which would be the Wii-U controller.

Edit: Being able to use custom colors is awesome. I picked this color for support of Mega Man and that it's one of my favorite colors.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Question, can you still play with the Wii-U controller on that stage as an option? I don't like the idea of taking a controller away for this stage at all, especially for people who may only have one controller, which would be the Wii-U controller.
There would be an option, in which the cursor is controlled automatically, or manually.

If set to Automatic, the Wii U controller would operate like the Classic Controllers.

If set to Manual, then the Wii U controller will be controlling the cursor.

I should probably add those things to the post.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Also, your Layton fanboyism is infectious, Hoots. I have a friend with all the games, so I'll probably be borrowing them sometime. (ALREADY BORROWING HER WII AT THE MOMENT...)
See?! It's already working! I wholeheartedly believe that as long as you are familiar with Layton, it is impossible to NOT like him! You 13 year old Otakus can keep your Travis Touchdown, I'll take the guy who says "Is there any greater proof of one's gentlemanly nature than a fine tophat?"

As far as K Rool goes, I'd prefer a moveset that represents his games more. There are 2 possible movesets that I would like to see. The first one represents K Rool across all his games.

B:K Rool's signature crown toss that boomerangs back to him.
Side B:K Rool pulls out blunderbuss and fires a cannonball across the stage. There is a small chance that a purple blast of ghastly smoke will fire out and if it hits, the enemy turns purple and their controls are reversed.
Down B: K Rool puts on a large boxing glove and delivers a strong punch that sends enemies flying.
Up B: K Rool equips his helicopter pac and flies upwards. The blades damage enemies.

Then there is one for just Kaptain K Rool which is unlikely, but my favorite. Here, K Rool would have his blunderbuss out at all times and use it to attack.
B: The side B from previous moveset(cannonballs and smoke etc).
Side B: K Rool shoots out a spiked cannonball that lands at his feet and acts as a spiny thing(that item).
Up B: K Rool turns his blunderbuss down and fires a huge blast of flame that jets him upward.
Down B: K Rool uses his Blunderbuss to suck in enemies and shoot them back out.

Might be a TAD too similar to Dedede, but it would be cool!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Super Smash Bros. Fan: I've updated the Rotohex stage information with the following info...

Bonus

The player who is using the Wii U controller can control the cursor, meaning that while the Wii Remote users are fighting, the Wii U controller user can play Rotohex and try to mess up the fighters as well.

Control Pad: Move cursor
A button: Rotate hexes clockwise
B button: Rotate hexes counterclockwise

When this stage gets selected, a popup will appear, where you can choose to make the cursor move automatically or manually.

Automatic: The CPU will control the cursor. The Wii U controller will behave like the Wii Classic Controller when this option is chosen. If there's only one human player, and the controller being used is the Wii U controller, this option is chosen automatically.

Manual: The Wii U controller user will have full control of the cursor. This option can also be chosen if all the fighters are CPU players. However, if there's only one human player, this option can't be chosen if the lone player is using the Wii U controller. If the lone player is using any other control scheme, then this option can be enabled.
Hopefully this will make things easier for players who only have the Wii U controller to use.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wow, this thread has fallen off on this the Lord's day. I wonder if I should have attended church this morning.

Edit- that and folks getting ready to get smashed at the beach. And I don't mean "smash" in the way we know it LOL.
I'm on the beach as we speak, but I sure as hell won't be getting smashed lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Proffessor Layton FTW!!

Hoots, you got to post his moveset once more. :)

What would people think if a Rotohex stage was included?

Rotohex Stage Icon
[url]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4522/rotohexicon.png[/url][/im[QUOTE][/QUOTE]g]

Stage Appearance
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/437/rotohex.jpg

You fight on a hexagonal shaped battlefield, which will get filled up with hexes. At times, the hexes will disappear, which will lower the battlefield altitude. However, players need to be careful not to get squished by hex pieces, or else they'll get KO'd.

A cursor will also be moving around, which will rotate the hexes in an attempt to clear them.

Occasionally you'll see some glowing hexes. If they disappear, a bunch of hexes will slide down to the abyss that got made.

Players can be sent flying out of the Rotohex boundaries, so if the Rotohex playing field is filled up with hexes, players won't get squished by the playing field boundaries.

Regarding music, this stage has its own unique music, just like Hanenbow does. Its music can't be altered with My Music.

-------------------
Bonus

The player who is using the Wii U controller can control the cursor, meaning that while the Wii Remote users are fighting, the Wii U controller user can play Rotohex and try to mess up the fighters as well.

Control Pad: Move cursor
A button: Rotate hexes clockwise
B button: Rotate hexes counterclockwise

When this stage gets selected, a popup will appear, where you can choose to make the cursor move automatically or manually.

Automatic: The CPU will control the cursor. The Wii U controller will behave like the Wii Classic Controller when this option is chosen. If there's only one human player, and the controller being used is the Wii U controller, this option is chosen automatically.

Manual: The Wii U controller user will have full control of the cursor. This option can also be chosen if all the fighters are CPU players. However, if there's only one human player, this option can't be chosen if the lone player is using the Wii U controller. If the lone player is using any other control scheme, then this option can be enabled.
Wow, I checked it out, so would this stage be an all original? From Smash?
Also how would the controlling scheme work for multiplayer meaning four(4) human players at a time?

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
If it is worth noting, the four characters he put in the prototype for Smash 64 were Mario, DK, Samus, and Fox.
Yoshi, Kirby and Pikachu aren't the biggest Nintendo names. I'd say those 4 plus Link are the big 5 of Nintendo so really the only "surprise" to me is not including Link. I would put Link before Fox but there are many things to consider.

Anyway where's Rools cannonball armada attack from DKC? I'd suggest that when activating Final Smash he jumps and stomps ground making the balls fall from sky in order from left to right to left to right like in DKC. At the same time he starts to shoot with his blunderbuss and in the end of smash a group of cannonballs drop on him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wow, I checked it out, so would this stage be an all original? From Smash?
Also how would the controlling scheme work for multiplayer meaning four(4) human players at a time?

Well like I've mentioned on the post, only the player who is using the Wii U controller will have the ability to control the cursor. Of course, you can adjust the settings so that the CPU will control the cursor instead.

Basically, you can have four Classic Controller users, and the Wii U controller user will play Rotohex, and try to annoy the fighting players.

Rotohex was only referenced through stickers in Brawl, so this would be an original stage. And it would also be one of the few stages which would take advantage of the Wii U controller's built-in screen.

Basically, the origin of this stage is the WiiWare title, Art Style - Rotohex.

OmegaXXII

Well like I've mentioned on the post, only the player who is using the Wii U controller will have the ability to control the cursor. Of course, you can adjust the settings so that the CPU will control the cursor instead.

Basically, you can have four Classic Controller users, and the Wii U controller user will play Rotohex, and try to annoy the fighting players.

Rotohex was only referenced through stickers in Brawl, so this would be an original stage. And it would also be one of the few stages which would take advantage of the Wii U controller's built-in screen.

Basically, the origin of this stage is the WiiWare title, Art Style - Rotohex.
Ah, I see!! So basically the player in possession of the Wii-U could possibly take advantage of this by utilizing the in-screen function the Wii-U has, wow I must say that would definetly bring something new to both Smash and how that stage is played in terms of uniqueness.

I'm definetly looking forward to something like this, it would offer so much more than the basic rotating stages.

@SSBFan: Oh I see, never heard of it, but I'll check it out anyway, also are you going to update your blog?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yoshi, Kirby and Pikachu aren't the biggest Nintendo names.
Are you kidding? lol. I don't know when exactly they started experimenting, but while Super Metroid was a big hit, Samus hadn't had a game for a few years before Smash 64 came out, so for her to be in the prototype is a little bit of a surprise, I'd say.

[collapse="Anyway, I wonder if this is how Ridley will look on the 3DS version."]

At first I thought "I guess that must be an early shot of Other M," but it's actually from the 3DS Dead or Alive game, lol.[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
@SSBFan: Oh I see, never heard of it, but I'll check it out anyway, also are you going to update your blog?
What do you mean by update blog? You mean with new entries or update nominations? If it's the former, I will make a new blog entry to discuss the second round of characters at 8:30 PM CST (Running a twenty-four hours cycle). If you mean update it with nominations, I do it whenever possible and it's currently up to date.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Proffessor Layton FTW!!

Hoots, you got to post his moveset once more. :)

Layton, **** yeah! I suppose I could.

B: Layton says "That reminds me of a puzzle!" and a large area around him turns glowy with abunc of question marks and jigsaw pieces. Any enemies caught in the effect will be dazed by the puzzle's complexity.

Side B: Layton pulls out his hand made slot machine gun that fires a spray of coins. The longer Layton fires, the less coins are shot out until he has to dump a bucket of coins into it and can begn firing again. If not used up, the coins regenerate over time.

Up B: Professor Layton disappears within a cloud of smoke and emerges piloting a small makeshift flying contraption. That flies upward. The player can control the horizontal movement and all enemies hit by the spinning blades are damaged.

Down B: Professor Layton shouts "Luke!" and his young apprentice leaps in with a kick and remains on the stage for a few moments, flailing his arms as he runs forward and maybe finishing with a dramatic finger point before saying "I've solved it!" and leaping away. This would obviously have a cooldown similarto Wario's bike but quite longer (I figured he could be like a super Waddle Dee or something and kinda act like an assist trophy. I originally had a sword parry, but I thought that was cliche and that Luke should really be incorporates. Plus I imagine his rapier would be built into his regular attacks.)

Final Smash: Luke appears again, pointing off screen and says "Professor! Look out!" The two run off as an enormous Ferris Wheel rolls across the stage, sending all enemies flying. Layton jumps back in, unscathed and says "That was a close one!"

@SSBfan: yeah his K Rool moveset is really good. I thought his Starfy moveset was cool but it could have incorporated his most recent game that was released in the West.

@nlim8d: I drink your milkshake... **********! Seriously though, that guy wouldn't stand a chance against ol Al. Bowling pin vs. a slit throat? Pffft. (Although maybe that pic is from Gangs of New York. The glare makes it hard to tell.

OmegaXXII

Layton, **** yeah! I suppose I could.

B: Layton says "That reminds me of a puzzle!" and a large area around him turns glowy with abunc of question marks and jigsaw pieces. Any enemies caught in the effect will be dazed by the puzzle's complexity.

Side B: Layton pulls out his hand made slot machine gun that fires a spray of coins. The longer Layton fires, the less coins are shot out until he has to dump a bucket of coins into it and can begn firing again. If not used up, the coins regenerate over time.

Up B: Professor Layton disappears within a cloud of smoke and emerges piloting a small makeshift flying contraption. That flies upward. The player can control the horizontal movement and all enemies hit by the spinning blades are damaged.

Down B: Professor Layton shouts "Luke!" and his young apprentice leaps in with a kick and remains on the stage for a few moments, flailing his arms as he runs forward and maybe finishing with a dramatic finger point before saying "I've solved it!" and leaping away. This would obviously have a cooldown similarto Wario's bike but quite longer (I figured he could be like a super Waddle Dee or something and kinda act like an assist trophy. I originally had a sword parry, but I thought that was cliche and that Luke should really be incorporates. Plus I imagine his rapier would be built into his regular attacks.)

Final Smash: Luke appears again, pointing off screen and says "Professor! Look out!" The two run off as an enormous Ferris Wheel rolls across the stage, sending all enemies flying. Layton jumps back in, unscathed and says "That was a close one!"

That is an impressive moveset indeed, very creative, and lol at his Final Smash.

@SSBFan: Yes, I meant the rate their chances blog.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
EDIT- Saw that Rhotex concept, I think its the ****, I'd like to hear more.

I just noticed something. A while back when I had a great deal of complaints about Brawl, I stumbled upon this screenplay called: There WILL be Brawl.
Wow, now I'm quite glad that there weren't much every character who made it in that play.

D

Deleted member

That is an impressive moveset indeed, very creative, and lol at his Final Smash.

@SSBFan: Yes, I meant the rate their chances blog.

Then refer to what I said in the former in the last post I've made in this thread.

Going to go to that so called realistic blog from All is Brawl that it's tooted to be and explain why it's not realistic.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Oh ****, Swearnegen's actor played Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda?! That guys the ****in best! +1up in my book.

Edit- Not sure what you mean there, but yeah that play wasn't all that great. Low budget, I wouldn't pay it much mind.
AND Blackbeard in Pirates 4! My favorite actor by far.

Anyways, if that's referring to me, I just meant that with the glare from my phone (im on the beach atm), its hard to tell if that's Daniel Day Lewis from There Will Be Blood or Gangs of New York.

OmegaXXII

Then refer to what I said in the former in the last post I've made in this thread.

Going to go to that so called realistic blog from All is Brawl that it's tooted to be and explain why it's wrong.
Okay, I shall check it out tonight!

All is Brawl? Good luck.

I still want a Custom Robo moveset.

D

Deleted member

This is what I'm referring to. Now for why this isn't realistic.

Super Mario: I agree that Bowser Jr.'s chances are good, but why would he put Geno above Toad and Paper Mario? Both are far, far, far more likely then Geno by a long shot and unlike Geno, are actually relevant and they are far more important to the Mario series then Geno is. Geno's chances are very low at best, I find it sad he thinks what he said is enough to make Geno have a good shot. He's also misinformed by the fact that Geno is a third-party character, NOT a Nintendo character.

The Legend of Zelda: None of his candidates have a good shot of getting into SSB4. Midna was a one-shot, Zant was a one-shot, and Ghirahim will probably be a one-shot. There are no likely Zelda reps left. Even Tingle and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, the two most likely Zelda candidates, don't have a good shot.

Donkey Kong: I can understand that King K. Rool and Dixie may have relevancy issue but I find it shocking that he would consider a third DK rep unlikely and yet thinks that Midna and Zant are more likely then those two, who clearly are more irrelevant then King K. Rool and Dixie in relevance, importance, and popularity.

His other argument for why he thinks King K. Rool will never be in SSB also sucks. If they've wanted to so much distance from Rare, why has King K. Rool continue to make appearances on Nintendo consoles and handhelds after Rare left? Nintendo has clearly made no serious effort to keep King K. Rool out of future DK games, if they did, King K. Rool would have never been on another Nintendo game after 2001.

Wario: I will never understand why people think a second Wario rep stands a good chance. Support for a Wario rep has died down after Brawl and I do not see many support for 9-Volt. Most of the supports left are going to Mona and Ashley and they barely exist outside of GameFAQs. DK will get a third rep before Wario gets another character in. I don't imagine us getting a second Wario rep until SSB5 and even then, maybe not at all. The only one that stands a chance of getting in SSB4 is Kat & Ana and it's not a large one.

Metroid: Definitely agree that Ridley will probably get in, although I think Metroid only needs two reps and that a third one is not needed.

Kid Icarus: I'll give him this as I see a third rep as a decent likelihood.

Retro: I agree with Takamaru, but he is the only likely rep for retro characters. I highly doubt we'll get a second retro rep this time around, two games is not enough to form a pattern. Mach Rider and Balloon Figher were dropped in Melee, which very much hinders their chances, especially since they lack move set potentials.

Pokemon: Why wasn't Victini considered? He is equally as likely as Zoroark and to dismiss Victini is silly, especially since Victini would also fit as an legendary. Genesect's chances are far from realistic as he probably won't be relevant enough for SSB4. If we get a legendary, it will be Victini. He's also forgetting the possibility of Lucario returning (It is NOT a given that he'll be replaced, remember that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl but was dropped due to time constraint) to keep his slot, Mewtwo returning, and a first gen Pokemon rep. I agree that Zoroark stands a good chance (Even if I'm against his inclusion), but the fact that he considered Genesect as a likely candidate and not Victini cause the argument to fall flat on his face.

F-zero: Samurai Goroh is more likely then Black Shadow since Samurai Goroh would be less likely to clone, has higher fan demands, and is more well known then Black Shadow, not to mention has appeared in the series from the start. The second rep will probably go to Samurai Goroh if we get one.

Star Fox: Star Fox is not nearly as big as Donkey Kong. I can see Krystal getting in, but she is in no way more likely then a third DK rep. King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are at least important to their series and somewhat relevant (They are also more popular choices for newcomers). By today's standards, Krystal may have high demands, but she has a hate fan base in Japan and that she suffers major relevancy issues. If Star Fox is big enough for four characters, then why not Metroid and DK, both of which are much bigger then Star Fox?

Fire Emblem: Black Knight and Micaich may have relevancy issues. I'm very surprised Caeda wasn't considered, since she's more relevant then either of these two.

Earthbound: Does not need three reps and will probably not get three. I'm shocked that he considers Claus more likely then a DK rep.

Other: Isaac has appeared in all three games and is a lot more demanded then Matthew. Isaac's chances are much stronger then Matthew's, who has only appeared in one game. Also, where's Saki and Starfy? Both have good chances of getting in, are more heavily demanded then Ray, and are at least somewhat relevant (Saki's appearance in Brawl as an Assist Trophy helps). If we get three new non-retro franchises, it'll probably be Little Mac, Isaac, and one of Saki and Starfy.

3rd Party: Slime is more then just a generic enemy. As he said, Slime is the mascot of Dragon Quest. Slime has also had three games to a spin-off in the Rocket Slime series (The latter of which will be on the 3DS), and unlike Mega Man, Travis Touchdown, or Ryu Hayabusa, has appeared in cross-over games. Granted his chances are that great, but let's be honest here, it beats out Travis Touchdown's chances, who isn't really even iconic yet (His only chance is that Suda 51 wants him in). The only one that has a good chance is Mega Man and I find it utterly ridiculous that he thinks Travis Touchdown will probably get in.

Summary: This list fails to be realistic. He puts in characters that suffers from major relevancy issues like Black Shadow and Midna in yet doubts the possibility of King K. Rool and Dixie Kong getting in, even thought what relevancy issues they have are minor at worst. Geno is third-party, not a Mario character. He also puts undeserving characters like 9-Volt and Zant in but ones that are more deserving to be in SSB4 like King K. Rool, Starfy, Saki, and Isaac are not really considered. Also, his argument for Travis Touchdown being the most likely third-party rep is not strong enough and is unconvincing.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. I wonder how the Wii-U's wireless connectivity or synchronization for that matter be handled in Smash tourneys? I'm really curious this as this could potentially cause a mess, hopefully I'm wrong though.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Here's my Mii (non-customizable) moveset:

Entrance: The Mii is placed onto the board (squirming as it is being moved) by one of the "Wii Hand Icons".

Normal Attacks: Derived from "Wii Sports Boxing"- jabs, punches, uppercuts, etc..-- but done cartoonishly, as opposed to the more realistic boxing of Little Mac.

Side Smash: Based on "Wii Sports Resort- Swordplay", as the Mii flailingly swings a Kendo training-sword.

Up Smash: Based on "Wii Sports- Tennis", as the Mii uses a overhanded swing of a Tennis racket, as if reaching to get a ball that will be just out of reach.

Down Smash: "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games"... the Mii swings a Hammer-throw hammer low to the ground. Slow for a down smash, but powerful.

Aerials: Based on the gymnastics moves used in "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games"

Grabs and Throws: Generic stuff....

Neutral Special: Frisbee Throw. The Mii throws a Frisbee like in "Wii Sports Resort". Rather self-explanatory.

Side Special: Bowling. The Mii sends out a bowling ball on the ground at the opponent. This can backfire, however, if going "up-hill", in which case the ball could roll back and hit you. It is most harmful to the opponent if it goes off the a ledge and hits somebody from above.

Up Special: "Pilotwings Resort". The Mii summons a vehicle from "Pilotwings Resort". Each has some differences: Airplane, Hang-Glider and rocket belt.

Down Special: Hula-Hooping like in Wii Fit. The longer the Mii hula-hoops, the more damage it will do, as more hula-hoops are added. However, it has low range.

Taunts:
1. The Mii plays a instrument from Wii Music.
2. The Mii jumps up and down triumphantly.
3. The Mii turns to the camera and visibly smiles.

Final Smash: Mii Parade. Dozens of Miis run onto the stage, injuring those they run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom