• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm I just got an idea. It would be nice to be able to call someone via mic on smash like how Xbox has parties. To take this a step further, seeing how the Wii U Tablet has a screen, it can be used to stream things to others, rather it be tournies, other matches, someone showing how to do a certain thing, etc.
I wonder if that is possible.
My God... that would be amazing. It would be the biggest thing to progress the Smash community since the creation of this site. Too bad more details about the WiiU probably won't be presented until GDC '12.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol, I guess my idea was legit. I do think it'll be a huge boost to the community too.

@LiM8D: Sure I'll wifi but I wont be using Fox, maybe Mario, Marth, or Toon Link.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
My God... that would be amazing. It would be the biggest thing to progress the Smash community since the creation of this site. Too bad more details about the WiiU probably won't be presented until GDC '12.
Hey Fatman, I posted an idea over this in the discussion room, if you need any assistance with your thread let me know. :)

edit: Anybody play Mario Kart Wii?

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'll play! Lol, I need something to do and lately wifi hasnt been cutting it for me with training, maybe we could play TvC as well if you happen to have it!

OmegaXXII

I'll play! Lol, I need something to do and lately wifi hasnt been cutting it for me with training, maybe we could play TvC as well if you happen to have it!
Yes, I own at Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, mainly with Soki and Ryu!! I play for lulz :awesome:

I also play Mario Kart Wii on a daily bases,

Come to think of it, those two games are the only games I pretty much play online using the Wii, Brawl is ****.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Simple, just open up your original thread and hit the edit tab, once there go down and click "go advance" tab, once you do that you should be able to completly edit your original post including the title.

Let me know how it goes
It works. Expect the second round by 8:30 PM CST.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes, I own at Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, mainly with Soki and Ryu!! I play for lulz :awesome:

I also play Mario Kart Wii on a daily bases,

Come to think of it, those two games are the only games I pretty much play online using the Wii, Brawl is ****.

Aight, post your friend code.

D

Deleted member

@OmegaXVII: Mario Kart Wii's online is great in comparison to most Wii games, easily my favorite game to play online.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Also do you play MKWii? We should play sometime.
Yes I do. I'll get out the game and share my FC via VM. I'll take a break about 8:30 PM CST, thought, to set up Day Two, although I will come back as soon as possible.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Is it because of his killer Usmash? I'll go ahead and update my info fields.
Nah it's because I feel like I get worse after using Fox on wifi if it's laggy so if it's not too laggy I'll play Fox.

(Damaged Disk)Man, thats super homo! I would love to tear it up with Kart...
LOL buy a new one dog!

Yes I do. I'll get out the game and share my FC via VM. I'll take a break about 8:30 PM CST, thought, to set up Day Two, although I will come back as soon as possible.
AIYYO, send it to me too son.

That fine with me!!

Alright xIblisx, I'm going to go ahead and send you my FC now.
Call me Iblis and aight.

Aiyyo everyone add my Wii and Brawl FC too so I can keep you guys updated with how I'm doing by sending you guys replays of me.

@LiM8D: We can pull out the Wifi Free for alls on Brawl if everyone else is cool with it.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
AIYYO, send it to me too son.
MKWii FC sent.

Will add your Brawl FC after MKWii.

@nLiM8d: Thank god I got a job. Hope you get one as well, it's worth it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder how much of the junk in this thread could have been sent as private messages.

Let's get some Sm4sh related discussion(/junk) in here. Ridley is too big. Toad is generic. Gogogogogo.

OmegaXXII

Ridley definetly needs to be in smash, that much I agree.

I'm ready for this to happen!

@xIblisx: Dont worry, your Mii looks cool, just joined you.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I wonder how much of the junk in this thread could have been sent as private messages.

Let's get some Sm4sh related discussion(/junk) in here. Ridley is too big. Toad is generic. Gogogogogo.
Umad son?

I'm ready for this to happen!

Yea!!

@xIblisx: Dont worry, your Mii looks cool, just joined you.

Aight let's do this!! Where you at SSBF?

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU I put my drive on automatic, brb

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I had this idea for a new Fire Emblem rep.

In order to represent the battle system from the game, I thought it'd be neat to have, for example:
A lord that could switch between Sword, Axe, and Lance.

Basically you would have three movesets into one. BUT, because it'd be overkill to have Pokemon Trainer AND this lord with 3 movesets each... Then I'd suggest the FE Lord to have two CLONE movesets incorporated.

So with this lord you could switch your attributes to whatever the situation requires.

Lance: Slowest weapon, but most range. Average damage. Makes you heavy.
Sword: Average range, speed, and power. Gives you average weitht.
Axe: Short range, but really powerful. Makes you light.

Final Smash could also vary depending on weapon. So it'd be the first character to have 3 different final smashes,

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Job tehehe xD...thank goodness I got like 2k-3k $ in my bank account, I never had a job in my life :p.
That won't last long, trust me. One year without a job and it got me from around $3000 to roughtly... $300. Due to credit card expenses (just gas) and maybe repairing one or two things from my car.

Then again, if you don't own a car, you're probably safer.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Dark Samus would be a clone. Lucario should be cut. Geno is the most likely character. I hope tripping returns.
I play Brawl, that doesn't bother me. LOL

Job tehehe xD...thank goodness I got like 2k-3k $ in my bank account, I never had a job in my life :p.
Tell me how long that lost though.

That won't last long, trust me. One year without a job and it got me from around $3000 to roughtly... $300. Due to credit card expenses (just gas) and maybe repairing one or two things from my car.

This.

@SSBF&Omega: Yoooooo tell me why that person ahead me was mad fast, I couldn't stay ahead of him. ****ing 9999 people, game makes me salty as hell LOL

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Nah don't worry I'm still a college* student here traditionally here my parents are ought to give me money until graduation.....and I got a scholar ship that give 1.5k $ a month so I really have nothing to lose :).

anyways back on topic:

@shinhed-echi :

I already suggested this Idea way back in thread.... :)

OmegaXXII

This is truth!! Listen to this guy!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's the rough draft for the main Operation: Connect main page.

What is Operation: Connect?

Brawl's online was lacking; this is something that both casual and competitive fans agree on. At E3 2011, Nintendo revealed the WiiU and with it promised that its online will be on par with the 360/PS3. Nintendo also announced SSB4 and that development would start in October. SSB4 will no doubt have online features but will they meet the fans' standards? That's where this project comes in.

The project is Operation: Connect. The idea is to create a professional letter no more than 2 pages long expressing no more than 5 fleshed out ideas for what fans expect with SSB4's online. The ultimate goal is to create one of the best, if not the best, online experience Nintendo has ever offered that appeals to both casual and competitive players. Any ideas are welcome at this time to make this goal a reality and make SSB4's online unforgettable.

Why Should I Support This Project?​

You may be reading this and wondering why anyone would bother investing time in this. “Fan projects like this hardly ever succeed,” you may be thinking but Operation: Connect is not like a vast majority of fan projects that have been done in recent years. How is it different and why should I support it? I’m glad you asked:

1. Most fan projects usually involve asking for sequels or games to be localized. Sequels involve making a whole new game and the localization of games involves translating, marketing, distribution, etc. What we’re asking for is some things to be added to a game that’s already planned and will be released worldwide.

2. When people generally ask for things to be added to games, the games have already been in development for months because the announcement of games are usually accompanied by a trailer. Sakurai estimates that development for SSB4 will start in October of this year. At the time of this posting, it’s July and that gives us, the fans, roughly three months to plan and flesh out something respectable to present to Nintendo before production begins.

3. Nearly all the past Smash fan campaigns have focused on one thing: characters. The problem with characters is that they affect a very small part of the gameplay and that there are very few characters that most people agree on. With Operation: Connect, we are focusing on a much larger aspect of the game that more people will care about then just one or two characters.

4. As I said earlier on, Brawl’s online was lacking. From casual players to competitive players to gaming sites to professional reviewers, this was probably the most common complaint of the game next to tripping. As a former online tournament director, I commonly experienced the short comings of Brawl’s online and I believe nearly everyone who picked up a copy of the game experienced them too. With that being said, that gives a very large percentage of the Smash community something we can agree on: Brawl’s online left a lot of room for improvement for the next game.

5. Brawl’s online was one of the big draws that got people interested in the game and that will no doubt be the case with SSB4. Nintendo probably knows this already but at the same time probably doesn’t know how to go about it this time around. This is where the fans should step in. Basically what we’re going to be doing is helping to make SSB4 more appealing to consumers on a large scale. In a way, we’d be doing Nintendo a big favor by helping them create a better product. As a big business, this should be very appealing to them.

Okay, I’m interested; How Can I Help Out?

There are two big ways that you can help support this project:

1. Contribute your ideas. This is supposed to be a community project so I’m expecting many different people to offer their thoughts about what they believe would optimize SSB4’s online experience. You can post your ideas here or in the official discussion group. Don’t know where to start? Here are some ideas that people have already suggested: player IDs, online tournaments, lobbies, video streams, leader boards, downloadable content, maps to select which regions to play in, voice chat, etc. Feel free to build off of the ideas of others. The five most popular ideas by the beginning of October will end up in the letter.

2. Spread the word! The more people that contribute to this project, the better it will be. The idea is not to limit this just to Smash Boards but to take it all over the internet, from the biggest sites to the smallest fan forums. Start an Operation: Connect thread of your own or simply show your support in your sig with a link to this page or the official discussion group. Every little bit will help.

I hope to turn this into something big that the Smash community by in large can get behind to show Nintendo that despite our differences in play preferences, we still love the Smash Bros franchise and want to see it at its best. May we be successful in our venture.

Questions to Supporters (July Edition)​

1. What do you think would be the best way to present these ideas to Nintendo? Mail? E-Mail? Twitter? Facebook?

2. Who do you think the letters should be sent to? Nintendo of America? Nintendo of Japan? SORA? Reggie? Sakurai? All of the above?

Things Needed for the Project (July edition)

*At least two people who can write in Japanese

*People who understand online infrastructure so we know what all is realistic to ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom