• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Board the Platforms must return.

Target Tests must be a minimum of one per franchise. They were absolute crap in Brawl.

Both of those tested your skill with that particular character. The generic ones do NOT.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
E3 cannot come soon enough...
There are five weeks left until E3.

I have a feeling that Miyamoto's new IP character is going to be the most popular;y requested new series newcomer next to Little Mac and Mega Man.

However, the big thing will be whether we get a short teaser trailer showing off a few newcomers for Smash 4 (or at least some more details about Smash 4).

Keep in mind that Brawl was not unveiled at Nintendo's press conference, but rather a day or two after it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
so we know nintendo is making 3 new IPs- one is the Miyamoto one,the other is the racing sim. so what's #3 going to be?

D

Deleted member

Thanks Starphoenix. I'll be putting it in my (admittedly large signature).

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
lordvaati: whaaaaaaaaat. i knew miyamoto was working on something, but the other two were news to me. would racing sim mean like, mario kart except without mario?

lukinhass: hey, impa's not so bad. don't let one mentally imbalanced fan ruin her for you.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just found out that there is a Doctor Wario. Ambassador Program is helping me learn! Yay! :D

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Star is here, good.

And the new IP, is going to absolutely destroy Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, andddd Saki. No doubt.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just found out that there is a Doctor Wario. Ambassador Program is helping me learn! Yay! :D
That may be a reason why people made a Dr. Mario costume hack on Wario instead of Mario. :p

Yeah, Metal Mario(or Metal Dr. Mario) is also playable in Dr. Mario 64. That could mean a lot. It could mean he and Mario are considered separate characters in that game(like in Smash for the appropriate characters) or it was just extra fanservice.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
lordvaati: whaaaaaaaaat. i knew miyamoto was working on something, but the other two were news to me. would racing sim mean like, mario kart except without mario?

lukinhass: hey, impa's not so bad. don't let one mentally imbalanced fan ruin her for you.
sounds like Gran Tursimo. http://n4g.com/news/978071/concept-grand-prix-a-brand-new-hd-racer-for-wii-u/com#c-6434447

this would make Nintendo's 2nd sim series as well(the first being Pilotwings)

also, if anyone could make a Quote and Mona sig that would be nice.

D

Deleted member

Was going to make a condensed wishlist roster of 53 characters, then 58 characters, and then decided that making a 64 slot roster would be cool because I love N64.

If it weren't for the inevitable disaster of balancing occurring, I would so pay for this roster.

Anyway, I'll take a few days off here. Don't want to become too stressed out about meaningless stuffs again and feel that same stress is starting to come back (I'll be working on my An American Tail x Tom & Jerry fan-fiction crossover).

Also avoiding Pokemon speculations on newcomers for the time being as I'm not interested in them anymore (for now). As far as I'm concern, it's a waiting game for the newcomer.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Star is here, good.

And the new IP, is going to absolutely destroy Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, andddd Saki. No doubt.
I don't think it will drastically beat Little Mac. Keep in mind Little Mac and Punch-Out is in a different league compared to the rest of those series. It was a series that started in the 1980's, had one of the most popular games for a system's library (Punch-Out NES), had an installment for the SNES, and had a very popular resurrection title (Punch-Out Wii). Also, its the only one of those series listed of which most of its games were developed internally by Nintendo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/05/02/in-defense-of-kid-icarus-uprisings-controls

The article's mainly about uprising controls. I just thought the first line if that quote was pretty funny.

:phone:
On that last sentence, I still wonder if having simplified special inputs is a good thing in the long run. It forces everyone to have four and only four specials.

Star is here, good.

If Sakurai really does love his arcade shooters, Saki's making it in.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, and I don't know why, but I would give ANYTHING to get Pichu back. Even as DLC. I would pay so quickly for him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Sakurai really does love his arcade shooters, Saki's making it in.
I was talking about popularity. But, if Miyamoto wants something, he gets it. Period. He's said it before. And if he wants his new baby in Smash, he will get it in their.

Can someone link me that Japanese fansite? I was making a roster based off those pics!

yani

Smash Lord
Of course it would be amazing :awesome:

But assuming it's an adventure/platform game, the character is 99.9% going to be in Smash. I'd like it to be something we don't have already, catch my drift? :smirk:

D

Deleted member

That may be a reason why people made a Dr. Mario costume hack on Wario instead of Mario. :p

Yeah, Metal Mario(or Metal Dr. Mario) is also playable in Dr. Mario 64. That could mean a lot. It could mean he and Mario are considered separate characters in that game(like in Smash for the appropriate characters) or it was just extra fanservice.
Not exactly. Metal (Dr.) Mario was Dr. Mario after swallowing Megavitamins in Wario's story mode (Wario is featured in Dr. Mario 64 as well as numerous enemies from WL3, including the final boss. Wario is not "Dr. Wario", however. That was only in WarioWare.). In Dr. Mario's story mode, Wario swallows them instead and becomes Vampire Wario.
Both Metal Mario and Vampire Wario are bonus bosses that you face after the final boss is beaten on harder difficulties. (Think like Crazy Hand or Giga Bowser)

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
yani: i knew what you meant. i just liked the mental image of a sword-wielder throwing fireballs out the window of his carrot-driven space plane. :grin:

lukin: kamek could be cool.

golden: a puzzle game... with bosses? (suddenly wants to try dr. mario 64)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not exactly. Metal (Dr.) Mario was Dr. Mario after swallowing Megavitamins in Wario's story mode (Wario is featured in Dr. Mario 64 as well as numerous enemies from WL3, including the final boss. Wario is not "Dr. Wario", however. That was only in WarioWare.). In Dr. Mario's story mode, Wario swallows them instead and becomes Vampire Wario.
Both Metal Mario and Vampire Wario are bonus bosses that you face after the final boss is beaten on harder difficulties. (Think like Crazy Hand or Giga Bowser)
To be fair, I didn't much play it. I don't think I even own the game? Or did it get lost...

Fair enough. My bad. But I know Metal Dr. Mario(clearly the case) is playable.

And so was Wario. Dr. Wario, clearly, was a nickname due to being Mario's opposite, so why not put the words when he faces Dr. Mario, right? :p

Thanks. :)

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Lol @Lukin. I heard Capcom characters are gonna be in it. and replacing Lucario with either Zoroark(most likely) or Blaziken. These are just rumors from which Ive heard.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom