• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@Holder That Japanese site has Seven as a choice :love:
I know right? Loving the attention Xenoblade is getting. I love Seven, though I might like Sharla better. ;)

Not on so much right now, may not be in the future until I get a new laptop (hopefully one that can run games well, the Guild Wars 2 beta ran pretty awful, so did Diablo 3). I keep getting a white screen that prevents me from doing anything, and I can shut off my computer and turn it back on and it'll remain. @_@ Never heard of the White Screen of death before. Damn.

Hoping what E3 shows of Pikmin 3 can feed any possibility of having a second rep, because right now there is no chance in hell. That series is one of my favorites, it is a bit of a shame. =/

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, that Japanese site is good for the pics not the speculation. I've been making my rosters using that site for a while now.

Finishing Skyward Sword in 3 Days was fun while it lasted, but playing 14 hours in one of those day out of the 32 hours playtime I had wasn't something my wii liked....

After it broke I was like

Gonna replay OoT and Skyward Sword on hero mode once my Wii is fixed...

I'm finally gonna get my hands on Kirby Wii and I'm gonna go back to playing brawl with hacks.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Finishing Skyward Sword in 3 Days was fun while it lasted, but playing 14 hours in one of those day out of the 32 hours playtime I had wasn't something my wii liked.....
This is what I did. Though my Wii isn't dead, it errors a lot. Had to buy one of the damn black ones with no gamecube controller slots. ._.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meh, that Japanese site is good for the pics not the speculation. I've been making my rosters using that site for a while now.
The pics are cool, but man... some of them are ugly.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The pics are cool, but man... some of them are ugly.
Agreed, it's a mixed bag. It's rather impressive how many of those kinds of pics they made though, on their pixiv account they have hundreds of drawings.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Agreed, it's a mixed bag. It's rather impressive how many of those kinds of pics they made though, on their pixiv account they have hundreds of drawings.
Share with Shorts

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know what I hate,

Twitter.

Every once in a while I gain a follower. For some RANDOM reason. I don't even post.

The next day, they are gone.

I'm not sure why they added me in the first place, but apparently in that one day I didn't fulfill their expectation.

Oh hey, I remember that site. If it's the same site. (It looks like a fan site that popped up around Brawl's development)

I still hate the art style used for the characters
Even though the pictures are fan made, they actually look like exactly how I would imagine the character art/trophies to look like in Super Smash Bros 4. The pictures look like they have a sort of HD feel to them, which is why the artist should be promoted as an art director in SSB4.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Spontaneous thought: The Rhythm Heaven stage in Sm4sh should be "Remix 10," and should include minigames from all three Rhythm Heaven games. Called "Remix 10" because that is the name given to all the final Remixes, and the name itself represents a kind of recap of all the previous games.

I guess the stage hazards could be rhythmic, thus making the gimmick of the stage paying attention to the rhythm of the song to avoid hilariously dying.

As long as Ringside, Air Rally, Frog Hop, and Munchy Monk show up in some capacity, I will play exclusively on that stage. Exclusively.

Also that gentleman/lady has a bookmarked picture of three Ducklett lined up like the birds from "Blue Birds" in Rhythm Heaven DS. Cuteness overloadddddddddddddddd.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Spontaneous thought: The Rhythm Heaven stage in Sm4sh should be "Remix 10," and should include minigames from all three Rhythm Heaven games. Called "Remix 10" because that is the name given to all the final Remixes, and the name itself represents a kind of recap of all the previous games.
I guess the stage hazards could be rhythmic, thus making the gimmick of the stage paying attention to the rhythm of the song to avoid hilariously dying.
As long as Ringside, Air Rally, Frog Hop, and Munchy Monk show up in some capacity, I will play exclusively on that stage. Exclusively.
Also that gentleman/lady has a bookmarked picture of three Ducklett lined up like the birds from "Blue Birds" in Rhythm Heaven DS. Cuteness overloadddddddddddddddd.
I like this idea as much as I like Rhythm Heaven, which is a LOT. :cool:

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
My dream roster if I had to make the game from scratch:
Mario
Luigi
Toad
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Krool

Samus
Ridley

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (Charmander/Ivysaur/Blastoise)
Team Rocket (Arbok/Weezing/Meowth)

Kirby
King Dedede

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Wario
Waluigi

Ike
Marth

Pit
Isaac
Ness
Olimar
Yoshi
Game&Watch
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Andy/Max/Sami

Sonic
Megaman
Hayabusa

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even though the pictures are fan made, they actually look like exactly how I would imagine the character art/trophies to look like in Super Smash Bros 4. The pictures look like they have a sort of HD feel to them, which is why the artist should be promoted as an art director in SSB4.
What? No. No.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree.

Instead, we should get the art director behind Kid Icarus Uprising's character art. They were magnificent.

:phone:
True that. After looking at Frey and Freya on that site, I know that they are from a Japanese-exclusive ultraviolent action game called Zangeki no Reginliev that was published by Nintendo and released in 2010. The characters have a good design, the gameplay looks great, and it's based off Norse mythology. Seeing these two as a trophy in SSB4 would have been nice advertisement. One thing I wonder is WHY the hell Operation Rainfall ignore this game?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, hell to the no! They look like they belong to some crappy tartlet instead of a professional artist.

My dream roster if I had to make the game from scratch:
Yay! Another Toad and Team Rocket supporter! :bee:

I agree.

Instead, we should get the art director behind Kid Icarus Uprising's character art. They were magnificent.

OMG. I love Uprising's art!! I am definitely down with that!

What's good? Any rumors or hints yet?
There's a rumor that he's considering Duck Hunt Dog for SSB4. My ex-boyfriend's mother's uncle's friend's partner's cousin's son's girlfriend's father's supervisor's wife's brother who works at Nintendo of America told me so. :troll:

True that. After looking at Frey and Freya on that site, I know that they are from a Japanese-exclusive ultraviolent action game called Zangeki no Reginliev that was published by Nintendo and released in 2010. The characters have a good design, the gameplay looks great, and it's based off Norse mythology. Seeing these two as a trophy in SSB4 would have been nice advertisement. One thing I wonder is WHY the hell Operation Rainfall ignore this game?

Probably because it is not a RPG game.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
@arcadenik:lol'd

@ssbowns:it's your opinion but metaknight has less chance to be cut than mario would ever have,and snake is to keep,unless you just forgot them...

@horsetail:you already said that
WHY DIDN'T YOU SAID IT EARLIER,i f*cking love the arts

i wonder if some of the characters should be in their own style,like T.link,would it look off?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or Operation Rainfall hates gorey video games like this one. Anyways, it would have been interesting for Zangeki no Reginleiv to hit shores since it looks like good competition for No More Heroes. But we all know Reggie would never do that. -_-

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
@ssbowns:it's your opinion but metaknight has less chance to be cut than mario would ever have,and snake is to keep,unless you just forgot them...
Aren't you exaggerating a tad on the first point? Mario is an icon while Metaknight is just an overpowered favorite amongst those who support the best. If Metaknight was weaker very few would care for him.

Snake really doesn't have any ties to Nintendo, so I don't see why he needs to be in a "Nintendo All-Stars". Sonic was the number one rival of Mario and Sega's mascot so it makes sense. Now that Playstation gets their version I hope Snake moves there. That leaves an extra slot for someone like Simon Belmont, Hayabusa, Bill&Lance, Megaman or Bomberman who have actually been central in Nintendo's history.

Anyway it was purely speculative list. As many Mario characters there are I feel Toad is such a huge Nintendo character he should be in (with moves heavily influenced by SMB2) over Geno, Starfy, even Little Mac. Team Rocket is also way more recognizable than Lucario or even Mewtwo for the common gamer. Popularity isn't everything, but the game started and still is about Nintendo All-Stars so picking lesser characters over bigger ones always seems weird.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did up a new add-on, out of boredom...

Originally, I was going to use a different picture, but the owner of the picture does not allow anyone to use it without his permission.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Aren't you exaggerating a tad on the first point? Mario is an icon while Metaknight is just an overpowered favorite amongst those who support the best. If Metaknight was weaker very few would care for him.

Snake really doesn't have any ties to Nintendo, so I don't see why he needs to be in a "Nintendo All-Stars". Sonic was the number one rival of Mario and Sega's mascot so it makes sense. Now that Playstation gets their version I hope Snake moves there. That leaves an extra slot for someone like Simon Belmont, Hayabusa, Bill&Lance, Megaman or Bomberman who have actually been central in Nintendo's history.

Anyway it was purely speculative list. As many Mario characters there are I feel Toad is such a huge Nintendo character he should be in (with moves heavily influenced by SMB2) over Geno, Starfy, even Little Mac. Team Rocket is also way more recognizable than Lucario or even Mewtwo for the common gamer. Popularity isn't everything, but the game started and still is about Nintendo All-Stars so picking lesser characters over bigger ones always seems weird.
I REALLY doubt the creator of kirby would take out metaknight,he will just try to have him balanced,and yes,i was half kidding,forcing sakurai to cut meta is like forcing him to rip off his arm.
I also doubt someone who debuted on nes and was supposed to be in melee would be cut.
Even if we can't have everyone,i'm pretty sure the wii u will have lots of character,and 3DS will have what the wii u don't,we should speculate two roster.

@M&Sguy:just ask someone,i think chrono make good ones,or was it star phoenix?THEY BOTH HAVE A FIRE EMBLEM AS THEIR AVATAR :glare:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Meta Knight is an important character in the Kirby universe. He serves both as a friend and foe to Kirby and is a sort of mentor in the Kirby anime (which isn't relevant to the videogame canon of the Kirby universe but w/e). Plus he's hella cool, like Wolverine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That icon is too big for support sigs.
The one I did for Zoroark is the same size. You could say that I didn't want to make the image look too short, or else it may not look too good.

@M&Sguy:just ask someone,i think chrono make good ones,or was it star phoenix?THEY BOTH HAVE A FIRE EMBLEM AS THEIR AVATAR :glare:
The picture that I was originally going to use came from DeviantART, which I don't have an account for. And again, the owner of it clearly stated that no one can use it without his permission.

And no, I have no intentions of being a member there, since I'm not very good with making highly detailed drawings.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I agree.

YES! IMO, I think it'd be better if the next game's official art is like in Uprising instead of using CG Models. Besides, if you're going to use CG models as official art, they better be at least Tekken quality.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The one I did for Zoroark is the same size. You could say that I didn't want to make the image look too short, or else it may not look too good.

The picture that I was originally going to use came from DeviantART, which I don't have an account for. And again, the owner of it clearly stated that no one can use it without his permission.

And no, I have no intentions of being a member there, since I'm not very good with making highly detailed drawings.
You do realize that DeviantART is more than just drawings, right? Writers and poets of all stripes make their home there as well. Hell, even those little avatars and icons that you guys make are well within the overall theme; they have artists there that stick to photoshop and/or various paint programs.

Do a little homework.

Smooth Criminal

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well here is some interesting news.

Analyst predicts April 2012 NPD numbers, sees big success for Xenoblade Chronicles

The following comes from a PiperJaffray report...

- predicts April 2012 sales will drop significantly year-over-year
- this is due to "thinning sell-through tails"

"Gamers are exiting the market for alternative forms of entertainment and leisure activities. Consumers are increasingly demanding interactive media experiences that are social, mobile and free to play. These activities include photo/video sharing and social gaming, all of which are activities that the current consoles and new handhelds do not support effectively."

- estimating software sales of $375 million, down 25 percent year-on-year
- Xenoblade Chronicles expected to be third best-selling title of the month
- "weak Modern Warfare 3 demand" leading to "a significant shortfall compared to Black Ops in the same period last year."
One other interesting note is that apparently Xenoblade Chronicles has sold more copies in the NA region than Japan or Europe. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom