• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Hmm well I agree with giving the 'energy-absorb' moves a different function to have them not lose a move against characters that don't have energy attacks (+ when no items are in play)... but it's not really necessary, but I'm in for some changes with the longterm characters, just for some freshNESS. Giving Mario the gliding ability though...meh... he is a pretty basic normal character, new players tend to choose him I guess, and I think that is a conscious decision they made, so I don't think they'll change that, but I'm in for some electric Luigi + poltergust!

And well, Ridley is pretty much the main vilain in the Metroid series, along with Motherbrain (but she's too TOO big), dark Samus would be a clone... and the Hunters could be oneshot characters, except for possibly Sylux *spoiler*metroid prime 3 ending 100%*spoiler*. It would just be cool to see them fight on the stage, but I don't know, if they try it and it doesn't work, I'm okay with that. And if Ridley is the biggest slowest character in the game I don't know how often I would fight with him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While Super Mario Sunshine has had its representation in Brawl, it's time that Super Mario Galaxy gets its fair share for Smash 4.

Of course, both games are good in their own special way.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've been thinking about Dr. Mario lately. He was my favorite and only character in Melee, and as everyone knows he didn't show up in Brawl. Some people hope to see in in SSB4 as either an alt outfit or a decloned character. Some of those who want him to have his own slot claim even Sakurai said it would be strange for the doc to be an alt. Its true that he said it, but I'd like to point something out: Wario. Doesn't it look strange that Wario Land Wario bites, farts and butt-bounces people when its obvious that's what the Warioware Wario does? Wario gets 2 outfits and one moveset while some want Mario to have 2 outfits (1 for each slot) and 2 movesets (again, 1 for each slot).

The fact that Wario can have outfits from different series show how easy it is for Mario to have the same. But wait, some people feel that Dr. Mario shouldn't shoot fireballs. How can we solve this dire problem? I'm sure the Wii U will be powerful enough to change the look of Mario's projectile and the sounds if they wanted to, and what would they possibly do with his final smash now that fire's been replaced? Dr. Mario used electricity in Melee, so an electrical version of the Mario Finale with the same physical properties doesn't sound too hard or strange. What about FLUDD? If Brawl is anything to go by, and the Galaxy games being 2 of the 3 recent 3D Mario platformers, I doubt we'll even need to consider the device.

If Dr. Mario gets his own slot and his own moveset, I think its best for WL Wario to have the same.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's not the Wii-U that's the issue. It's the Smash engine. You can't load one character but have..different characters. Unless Smash 4 gives costume changing the power to change the character, it won't happen outside of "This costume just gives fireballs a different texture"

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE13 spoilers are starting to come in:

Masked Marth is a girl named Lukina who is Krom's child from the future.

EDIT: Aether will return as a skill
(For Krom, Lukina and Krom's extra child to use).

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If Krom gets Aether, it won't be the end of Diddy's "Ike must be replaced by Krom for relevancy" tirades...
I just looked back, it's pretty much confirmed that Krom
(and his kids)
can use it. So you're probably right there.

Looks like there will be two versions of Falchion. One for Krom,
one for Lukina.
Surprisingly it looks like the latter gets the stronger version.

D

Deleted member

So Krom uses Aether (Ike), wields Falchion (Marth), and can become a Master Lord (Roy).

Guess we don't need any FE character but him.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^You sir, just got the post of the day. :laugh:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Hector or Lyn would be a good choice. Plus they were the protagonists of the very fist FE title to be localized for Europa and the Americas.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Hector is an excellent choice for the next smash. He has potential to have a balanced and suitable move-set where he can use his axe in different ways. In addition, he is a worthy representative of the Fire Emblem series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
FE13 spoilers are starting to come in:

Masked Marth is a girl named Lukina who is Krom's child from the future.

EDIT: Aether will return as a skill
(For Krom, Lukina and Krom's extra child to use).
I predicted both of these. Though....
while I thought Masked Marth was not actually Marth and really a girl, the revelation that Masked Marth is Krom's daughter from the future is really out there.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
With FE13 borrowing from past FE games, including characters, I'm starting to lean towards betting that Sakurai will keep things simple and just have Marth, Ike, and Roy instead.

Lukina
can and should be used as a Marth alt though.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Mario, Luigi, Geno, and Mallow must save Peach from Bowser
That's an interesting idea.

PS: I don't like Mallow. It's weird, because I like every single character from that game[Smithy, Geno, the "Armed Bosses", Booster, Geno, Croco, Geno, Culex, Geno, The Axem Rangers, etc.], but I just can't like Mallow.

EDIT: Unlike Kid Icarus, I read the spoilers.
That's some mind-blowing M. Night Shyamalan stuff.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
welp, i havent been here for awhile. but im glad to be reading this forum again.:)

ahem.. i have some things to say.

i was playing team fortress 2 the other day, and i was looking at other peoples suggestions for new items on their forums. on some of them i kept on coming across the words "that would be very situational." i thought about it and asked myself if there was anything like that in brawl.

there may be a few moves that are kinda situational but there are 2 moves that spark my interest.

ness's psi magnet and G&W's bucket.
both need interaction with energy projectiles to be of any use, and while their uses are great, what if, say, one were to fight MK, C.falcon, or peach ect.?

well, ness and G&W would basically have one less move to their name. (at least for that match):urg:
im not saying they should get rid of these moves all-together, but they should at least give them some type of function when one situation is not met, so that they could use it for another purpose. this goes for all new characters that people my think up to use for sm4sh. i just don't think it's fair to give any character a move that wont do ANYTHING if fighting certain characters. even pit's shield can block melee attacks sometimes..
For Ness and Lucas's PSI Magnets, they kind of had the right idea in Brawl. The only problem was that they only did anything on recovery.

Athena in King of Fighters' reflector attack can be used both for offense and defense at the same time. Likewise, Rose from Street Fighter's Soul Reflect has similar applications. One other alternative is to change PSI Magnet from being a projectile absorber and an actual magnetic attack.

For Game and Watch, I'm wondering if maybe it should be replaced with something else. The question that remains then is what to replace it with. As it is, it is too situational.
Then you absorb the energy projectile from the items they try to use on you. [/discussion]
What if you turn the projectile items off then?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So,Ummm i don't under stand is marth really
Lukina
?
Cover spoilers please.

Not much is known about the story but,
there is a character in FE13 who has been pretending to be Marth and wears a mask to disguise herself. As it turns out though, she is really the main character's (Krom's) daughter who has traveled back in time.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh ok i see very interesting...I don't know how to cover up spoilers.
There is a spoiler tab in the posting options. You highlight a piece of text and hit the button that says spoiler to hide it.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well, the plot thickens. That's interesting.

I'd still like to see Marth, Roy, Ike, and Krom in SSB4 as playable characters. If it came down to only picking three, though, I have no idea who I'd choose. Marth is...a shoe-in, Roy is Roy, I like Ike, and Krom could potentially be a really fun character. I could go without either of the last three, but at the same time I can't bear to part with any of them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I found this amusing tidbit from GameFAQs, from their "rate their chances" topic:

7. Anna (Fire Emblem) 44.84%

8. Lip (Panel de Pon/Puzzle League) 38.77%
9. Waluigi (Mario Bros.) 35.99%
10. Caeda (aka Sheeda) (Fire Emblem) 30.47%
11. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) 21.07%
12. Bandana Dee (Kirby) 18.30%

Now will people believe my theory about the Female Fire Emblem Character Bandwagon?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I found this amusing tidbit from GameFAQs, from their "rate their chances" topic:

7. Anna (Fire Emblem) 44.84%

8. Lip (Panel de Pon/Puzzle League) 38.77%
9. Waluigi (Mario Bros.) 35.99%
10. Caeda (aka Sheeda) (Fire Emblem) 30.47%
11. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) 21.07%
12. Bandana Dee (Kirby) 18.30%

Now will people believe my theory about the Female Fire Emblem Character Bandwagon?
Waluigi only has 35.99% ?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Bandana Dee needs some more damn support.

Also, it's GameFAQs. 'Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom