• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Miyamoto announced that it will be revealed at E3 this year and that it will combine the TV screen with the remote. He's also working on smaller projects like Pikmin 3 and Luigi's Mansion 2. That's all we know.
Luigi´s Mansion 2 .0.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope it's something like, Super Mario 64

Or maybe, it's SMRPG2? 8D

We got that Geno rumor just in time for this news.

ITZ SOOOOO REELLL GUIS!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Totally agree with the Toon Link part. Even though Toon Link is my favorite Link, ever. Masked Link is just better. Playing as a Zora once again? Hell to the **** yeah!!
Masked Link was a one shot character though.. Toon Link is reoccurring. He'd be a lot more interesting if his move set reflected more of his distinct moves though instead of being a copy.

I would like to see Ghirahim, too. But I don't really believe in his chances as playable character material. All I can say is that he is Skyward Sword's Zant.
Ghirahim is considerably more prevalent than Zant, and he also wasn't a manipulated simple character like Zant. Ghirahim's role to Demise is actually something that hasn't been explained properly (probably never will be, knowing Nintendo) and I'd like for him to reappear, even if it isn't the "same" Ghirahim, like with Link and Zelda etc.

Good thing is that I do. :awesome:

Seriously though, it's the perfect way to refresh the Zelda / Sheik concept imo. They could do a lot of things to a Zelda / Impa tagteam, due to them actually being two different characters. Interswitching between moves would be a possibility for example, and switching out between them could be much faster than has been done with Zelda and Sheik, as no transformation animation would be needed.

Also, she'd probably add in a new fighting style, and I liked her a lot in Skyward Sword. And I myself expect to see her return in future Zelda games as a more frequent character, so that's amongst the reasons I want her in.
Having a character be TWO characters is just the worst idea ever. Swapping each other out? Awful, throw Impa in as an assist trophy and she can use her ONE move (her shield) to protect a player. Problem solved.

Toad's chances are, and have always been set. It's just whether or not Sakurai actually cares for him to be playable at this point.
Not true, he could be made more of a fighter in the next game.

*pretends SMRPG2 is reelll*

But seriously, if that game were to be real, it'd be cool for Toad to be one of your partners. That'd easily give him enough fighting potential to access SSB4. Even I, who doesn't support him, would welcome him with that.

Did you guys play Kid Icarus: Uprising online?
In terms of onscreen[and offscreen] action, it's basicaly Smash Bros. with 6 players. And the matches run smoothly as silk.
I'm not so worried about lag, this time. Brawl was terrible, but it was one of their first tries. Nintendo is more "internetly" mature, now.
I hope you're right about the online thing, but Kid Icarus: Uprising actually lags for a LOT of people. Almost everyone who posts in the thread for it here complains of that at certain points in matches. Although, it runs as smoothly as silk for me as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope it's something like, Super Mario 64

Or maybe, it's SMRPG2? 8D

We got that Geno rumor just in time for this news.

ITZ SOOOOO REELLL GUIS!
I would not put any stock in that rumor what so ever. It was sent into Gonintendo by a single source with nothing else to substantiate it. At least with NeoGAF when a user "leaks" something there are repercussions if they are wrong. That and there are people that are legitimate insiders that can kind of support it, sometimes.

Basically this rumor is even shadier than your typical NeoGAF rumblings. It's intention is clearly obvious.

Now, the thing about Nintendo revealing a new Super Mario Bros title at E3 for the Wii U. That is a little more credible. New Super Mario Bros. Mii launch title people, I've been saying it for months now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ha, I was talking about characters that could be considered to Sm4sh's roster.
Fair enough.

Not so long ago[but lots of pages ago], in this same thread, I explained why I don't support Vaati anymore.
I love him and I think he might be even cooler than Ganondorf, but I lost faith. He[or anithing from Minish Cap] had little to no mentions in Brawl...
Well, I can understand why. He's a major part of the Zelda series, though. That much is true. Even if he's the second main villain.

To be honest, Brawl made me very skeptical about the possible Zelda franchise's roster and content in Sm4sh.
I can't see anyone beyond Toon Ganondorf and Young Link being put in over the other counterparts. And of course, updates for the rest. We could do without Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik though. Maybe some of the obvious ones. Ghirahim, Tingle, Impa. Really the only ones of interest as of right now that have any real chance. Tingle is the most likely at the moment.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I would not put any stock in that rumor what so ever. It was sent into Gonintendo by a single source with nothing else to substantiate it. At least with NeoGAF when a user "leaks" something there are repercussions if they are wrong. That and there are people that are legitimate insiders that can kind of support it, sometimes.

Basically this rumor is even shadier than your typical NeoGAF rumblings. It's intention is clearly obvious.

Now, the thing about Nintendo revealing a new Super Mario Bros title at E3 for the Wii U. That is a little more credible. New Super Mario Bros. Mii launch title people, I've been saying it for months now.
What was the Geno rumor? This one I missed.

D

Deleted member

New Super Mario Bros. Mii with bonus Wario and Waluigi. :troll:

Well, one can dream, can't they?

Or just a game with the four plumbers that isn't related to NSMBM.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
With fanboyism alone we shall make the rumor true. o-o
The amount of voices do not determine the validity of a statement. :p

Nope, we will have Peach make a surprise playable role in a throwback to Super Mario Bros 2. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad; oh, and with Mii's.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'm for it. It'd be nice and stop people from using the mainstream/canon argument for Waluigi. I mean, it's not even a good one where Sakurai has shown nothing about canon being key besides... a trophy description?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Birdo would be more appropriate. Peach would see through his facade and appreciate the man inside, whereas the others would appreciate him on the surface level.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But then, what's in it for Peach? Lesbian implications aside, with Daisy out of the way, Peach has a new Kingdom to take control over.
But Peach would never do that to Daisy or to anyone. Peach and Daisy are like best friends forever according to the spin-off games. She would be about rescuing her best friend.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But Daisy is the athletic tomboy... she wouldn't make a good mistress in distress.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Is that supposed to say "tough tomboy"? And yea lol I can see daisy going out fighting and leaving her captor with a black eye

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New Mario game? Anyone remember the Super Mario 4 domain name Nintendo took out the other day? Pretty sure that has something to do with it rather than the SE rumor.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I'd love a NSMB2 taking place in Subcon with Peach and Toad playable

I second this. I really would like to see Peach and Toad return as part of the original four playable protagonists (Mario-Luigi-Toad-Peach).

NSMBWii was a start with the multiplayer, so hopefully Nintendo continues the streak even as an optional mode.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be epic if they made a new Mario 3D game like Super Mario 64 DS but you can play as Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, and Toad. We get the four heroes from SMB2 and the four heroes from SM64DS.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
It would be epic if they made a new Mario 3D game like Super Mario 64 DS but you can play as Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, and Toad. We get the four heroes from SMB2 and the four heroes from SM64DS.
It would be cool if they made a 3d Mario game where you have two different story modes. One you can choose between Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, Yoshi. The walk-through to beat the game would require all characters because each one would have its own trait to reach determined places of the map, example: Toad is small and can crawl in gaps and find items in caverns, while Peach could float a lot and reach far away mountain and cliffs , just like it used to be done in SMB2 as you are describing.

Then, in the other story mode you play as the villains like Goomba, Bomb-Omb, Koopa Troopa, Magi Koopa and Baby Bowser. Your goal would be to run errands asked from Bowser personally, such as stealing blueprints in the Peach's castle, infiltrate in stealth-mode. Blargh, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo could think of something cool.

And yeah, it feels like it will be a mix of SMB2 and Paper Mario, but heck, that would still be cool!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I am more excited for the Pikmin game than the Mario game to be honest. And it'd be interesting if somehow a legitimate character other than Olimar can show up that is distinct enough to even be another Smash Bros. character. Or even have Louie do things that aren't the exact same things Olimar.

D

Deleted member

I had a vision; Hades will return in Smash 4.
I don't know whether he will be a boss or character, but he had found a way to get a new body.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I am more excited for the Pikmin game than the Mario game to be honest. And it'd be interesting if somehow a legitimate character other than Olimar can show up that is distinct enough to even be another Smash Bros. character. Or even have Louie do things that aren't the exact same things Olimar.
Now that is something I wanna buy. :)

That would be awesome if they do it like the first game, where you have a limited amount of days...

...But this time with seasons! YES! Once your spaceship crashes, you can go to different routes since the day 2, however, every 4 or 5 days, the season changes. Meaning, there's a good replay factor to it (you can beat the game many times in different ways, enjoying each season in a determined area).

Spring, summer, fall and winter never looked so pretty!

Spring: Beautiful flowers of course, most of the paths would be blocked by wines and little gardens. Also, a lot of spaceship parts would be hidden by leaves. So you gotta search!

Summer: 2 days with bright sunlight, where everything is easier and have a lot of open paths, while it has 2 days of rains, where most of the pieces locations would change because of flood/water streams carrying it somewhere else.

Fall: It has its own characteristics with certain parts totally hidden by leaves, pitfalls where you can lose a lot of your subordinates, powerful winds that sometimes can make your Pikimins to fly away and get lost so you would need to find shelters to hide from the wind with good timing.

Winter: Most of the dangerous creatures are hibernating, but you will need a lot of puzzle-solving and have a lot of a certain type of Pikimins cultivated, maybe add in light Pikimin who can walk through frozen Lakes without breaking it. Pikimins who can stand the cold and most importantly, with all the snow blocking your paths, you need to get a good amount of yellow ones to bomb the snow clusters.

Ah, one can dream... :embarrass:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Jackpot!

"In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom