• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, to avoid Impocalypse:

What's the general consensus here on having 4+ player matches? I mean, 6 max, but considering how many controllers could possibly be running on the Wii U at one time, it could happen. It'd be a madhouse, but it could happen.

Not saying I want it, because 4 player works very well with Smash Bros., but just pondering the possibility of it.
I've been wanting something like this since I saw Multi-Man Melee. That mode showed me that the game is powerful enough to have 6 fighters on the field at once (but Multi-Man Brawl had up to 7 fighters). I say they should add players 5-7 in the next Sm4sh, but players 5-7 will be set as computers when offline. Sure, it might be bad on small stages, but I would still want this feature.

But then again, I think 6-7 fighters on Multi-Man Melee/Brawl was possible because the Wire Frames/Alloys took up less memory than playable characters. But I bet the Wii U can handle it (not sure on the 3DS though).

vicgur

Smash Ace
The more, the merrier. More characters mean more butt to kick. I like that.

I had that thought a while ago. 6 characters could be a nice change in the gameplay. The only problem about this is that stages would have to get bigger, so they wouldn't get too crowded, and some movesets and Final Smashes would have to be tweaked to be a little more... "multiplayer-related"? Also, every character would have to get 6 different colors.

But anyways, it's nice and it's probably possible, so why not?

D

Deleted member

6-player Smash? I like the idea.
Though 6 Ice Climbers on the field might cause problems...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Urgh...
You do know **MAJOR SPOILER** Sheik is Zelda **/MAJOR SPOILER**, don't you!? You say that like Sheik is a completely different character, not related at all to her.
As long as there is Zelda, Sheik will be a possible. It's an alter ego, even though it was used only once.
But so are Tetra and Phantom Zelda. And Sheik belonged to OoT's Zelda only. Twilight Princess is debatable, as Sheik could've possibly appear behind the scenes (scrapped from the story altogether). But that doesn't work for Skyward Sword Zelda.

But really, I guess it depends on Sakurai and the Zelda team to decide this all. But I wouldn't be surprised if we got Impa instead of Sheik at all actually.

Just waiting for E3 to give us some details about Zelda Wii U.

6 Player Smash would be awesome though. But it shouldn't work on all stages probably. Or stages would get modified slightly when 6 characters are on it. Think a 1.5 x as large Final Destination, or Battle Field (with additional platforms).

:phone:

D

Deleted member

6 player Ice Climbers.

Think about that for a moment. It's Lagzilla waiting to happen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Depends on how the Ice Climbers work this time. They might get a major revamp to remove wobbling?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe they'll just limit you to have 1 Ice Climber in that exact scenario?

Eaode

Smash Champion
nah that would be kinda stupid, having a modded character for how many people are in a match

honestly I have faith that the Wii U will be powerful even that it wouldn't lag if we were to have 6 players ( and all ICs ) now with items on high is another story entirely

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
About 6 Ice Climbers possible of lagging: After watching this video, I can assume that I don't think we'll have to worry too much about to many characters at once causing a lag. But then again, I think Assist Trophies take up less memory than playable characters.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Oh, and then there's this.

Please be a 3D platformer, please be a 3D platformer.

Or even better: Please be a sequel to Sunshine or 64, please be a sequel to Sunshine 64.

@Oasis I would think that if Nintendo is serious about competing in the online space with 3rd party titles that require massive processing power like most full 3D FPSs, then they'd dedicate some time to making sure their console could handle a side-scrolling fighter that doesn't require rendering huge maps and keeping track of up to 10+ players.

If Nintendo thinks they're gonna hook the FPS crowd, they'd better be able to handle 6 player Smash Bros. online matches (Ice Climbers and all).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
New 3D Mario?
*Pretends to be excited* Not hating on this or anything, but a new Mario isn't that much surprising. BUT a new F-Zero and Starfox on the other hand... :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even the fighters on 360 and PS3 have lag issues. It's not like Wii U is going to be a huge leap forward in that area. Reducing lag will still be a major issue, especially in a game like Smash that not only has so many THINGS going on at a time, but it requires instant feedback.

Street Fighter and junk doesn't even have to worry about scrolling stages (that actually interact with players in most cases), and items to keep track of.

Not expecting 6 players.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If 6 players online will be possibly,they will need to change the WFC quality :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would argue that that's really not a solid argument. I mean there are lots of characters in this game already that are staples that don't hold current relevance (all the retro characters are good examples, jigglypuff is another)

Sheik will probably stay, if not for the fact that OoT is completely a classic, but also because Zelda as an SSB character has a stylisitc duality in sheik (even though we all only use one of them).
Jigglypuff gets "a pass" with most people because she's one of the original 12, and it seems, now, that they're not going anywhere.

The stylistic duality has never been all that successful. That's why I say either turn Sheik into Impa and give her a second slot OR make them a tag team. That's another thing I'd like to see with the Pokemon Trainer. The drawbacks to switching were far to great to switch from one character to another. It's gotta be done in a better way.

So, to avoid Impocalypse:

What's the general consensus here on having 4+ player matches? I mean, 6 max, but considering how many controllers could possibly be running on the Wii U at one time, it could happen. It'd be a madhouse, but it could happen.

Not saying I want it, because 4 player works very well with Smash Bros., but just pondering the possibility of it.
I honestly don't care either way.

And I personally believe that the characters need to be balanced for 1 on 1 play as more players means more randomness which means less consistency in testing.

Depends on how the Ice Climbers work this time. They might get a major revamp to remove wobbling?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Make Nana a constant follower that can only be killed under certain coditions. Turn their down B into Millia Rage's ring, make DThrow a hard knockdown, and add tech grabs. Bam, a refreshed character.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Shouldn't everyone be worrying about six players online?

Thought that's what Golden was alluding to.
Did you guys play Kid Icarus: Uprising online?
In terms of onscreen[and offscreen] action, it's basicaly Smash Bros. with 6 players. And the matches run smoothly as silk.
I'm not so worried about lag, this time. Brawl was terrible, but it was one of their first tries. Nintendo is more "internetly" mature, now.

vicgur

Smash Ace
NEW MARIO GAME FOR Wii U ON THE NEXT E3!? HOLY MOLY, I AM SURPRISED!

Nah, of course Mario will show up. Nintendo is gonna show a load of software, so people will want to buy the Wii U. It's VERY obvious that they are gonna show Mario at some point.

I want to hear about the surprises, the new franchises, the returning franchises, etc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, since we are playing the Smash stock market... Toad needs another big role in a Mario game to get more people to support him in addition to NSMBWii and NSMBMii.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm not so worried about lag, this time. Brawl was terrible, but it was one of their first tries. Nintendo is more "internetly" mature, now.
Yeah,for someone who lives in a country who is not that good to play,this need to change.
:crying:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
New Mario Wii U game? Please let this help Toad's chances!

Toad's chances are, and have always been set. It's just whether or not Sakurai actually cares for him to be playable at this point.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
The way Nintendo designed Brawl to work on-line was so horrible. In my opinion, they could improved their next game if they:

• Get rid of friend codes.
  • Allow us to organize on-line tournaments easily;
  • Include a match-replay feature which we can save in our HD and share with friends on the web as we please;
  • Give us the ability to customize games, no more 4 players with items on by default (we could choose the stage we will play too);
  • Tune up the latency;
  • Add some sort of matchmaking for 1v1, 2v2 and FFA games. Matchmaking is what will make on-line game more enjoyable (in fact, if they include matchmaking, they don't need to worry about adding more depth and dynamic to the game, hmm like the way Melee did);

Well, basically what they should do is improve the way the game works on-line, adding content and giving us more freedom when it comes to choose what and how we want to play.

I'm looking forward for this next generation of gaming. Nintendo rarely disappointed me, I'm sure they won't with the next SSB. ;)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have been wanting a new SMB2 game for years! What I really want is for Nintendo to do is make a SMB2 game like they did with Super Mario 64 DS. This way, each character would have different abilities and unique power-ups.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
I thought about this yesterday, maybe the Wii U will not have memory cards, but personal account cards (like creditcards)...it has your account, e-shop credits on it (and possibly game data), and you scan it on your Wii U controller with the NFC function, and you can take it with you to a friend's Wii U and log in just by holding it by his controller, and maybe for the 3DS it has a barcode to scan with the camera. It would be included in the box when you buy a Wii U. This would really be awesome to announce at E3, I wonder!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, I know a song that would be perfect.

http://youtu.be/6yrb0f-pQVY
I guess Im asking too much when I want Smash bros to make me pause it, and dance to its bkgd music.

Err... You can say the same thing about all the other characters.
Not really. Toad has constantly been in Mario games, and with each installment of Smash he has been a constant character in the Mario. This title will not change Sakurai's mind either way, and isn't making his chances any better. He simply is at this point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what's this I hear about a new Mario game for the Wii U?

Don't say Google it or Imma smack ya *** in the face

Miyamoto announced that it will be revealed at E3 this year and that it will combine the TV screen with the remote. He's also working on smaller projects like Pikmin 3 and Luigi's Mansion 2. That's all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom