• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
Looks like the "Nintendo/Capcom" news was over hyped bs. I'll let y'all know if that changes.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai mentioned SSB4 on his Twitter. He said,

However, Google Translate doesn't help.

Can anyone translate this?
That is nothing new at all. Its Sakurai's description about himself at the top of his twitter. It basically just says that he is making Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U, that he made Kid Icarus Uprising which was released March 22, and that he is the creator of Kirby.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Chronobound : Oh. Okay...

Confound this new age technology...(I've never used Twitter. :lol:)

Carry on, folks.

Edit: I think Lucario has a better chance of returning than people realize. I mean, he's vastly unique and liked, unlike Pichu, who many compare him to. If anything, time constraints may keep him out this time.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm hoping they bring every character from all the past 3 games.

But if not I would like to at least see Lucas return (I'd say Lucario but I don't think he is coming back :sadeyes: )
I personally would not mind to see the likes of Dr. Mario and Pichu return, and believe both of those characters have their place, purpose, and worth in Smash Bros. However, I don't think Young Link and Toon Link should both be in since Toon Link is basically a more recent incarnation of "child Link".

So yeah, I personally favor no cuts and all of the cut Melee characters being brought back.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Yani: I guess my want for news made me overlook the date of the post. Oh well, at least I finally got to see more pictures of his cat. Cute cat, by the way. Just saying.

You know what's funny? I looked at the people bringing up potential Smash characters to Sakurai: there wasn't many from what I saw. Just this one Western Smasher asking for Dillon a lot.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
aww, it is a cute cat.

wait, what's going on in that drawing of chubby pit and palutena?

@cosplay - thought so at first, but it looks too young to be him.

getting a better look at his face, i'm now almost entirely certain it's not him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No idea. I don't know how the guy's mind works.:laugh: He has some...interesting stuff.

Is that him cosplaying as Pit? O_o

Edit: @Sage of Ice: Oh, okay. I was gonna say. It wouldn't be too unlike Sakurai to do that! :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Its funny how people have brought up Krom as a medium between Marth and Ike, when I have been bringing up the idea of Roy being a mix of Marth and Ike for YEARS. I find it even more hilarious that people jumped on the Anna idea I introduced years ago in regards to a female Fire Emblem character, when at the time it was attacked.

Also, I am a bit dismayed that people use the "clone" tag to attack a character's worth. The Krystal and Midna fans did that to Wolf and Toon Link fans, and in the end Sakurai implemented those characters over those two probably because there was a moveset that Sakurai could already base those characters off of, and upon retrospect most people realize that putting in Wolf and Toon Link (despite sharing some similar moves with another character on the roster) was a much better choice than Krystal and Midna.

Also, in regards to the Marth DLC for FE13, I have been very vocal that Masked Marth is not the same Marth from FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12. I think that Masked Marth may even be a woman
Roy/Krom being a mix of Marth and Ike is all subjective. Roy because of his gameplay style that is a medium between Marth and Ike. While Krom has similar features in his design to Marth and Ike.

Real shame that people use clones a way to attack other characters. I'm pretty sure that Smash is the only fighting series that has this atmosphere towards clones. Street Fighter has 6-8 different versions of Ryu and yet no one complains about that.

Well I'm going to lean towards your Masked Marth theory now. Reminds me of how I was predicting everything with Uprising. lol

Out of curiousity, has anyone even been wondering about/hyping for Krom on any Japanese or English FE sites? Or is the entire hype base for FE13 centered around Masked Marth and the references to FE2 and 3?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
tri-hy: i don't see the big deal about clones. i mean, i'd rather not see any more new clones, but the existing ones are fine as-is. especially as of brawl, where they've for the most part been "luigified" to the point where (for example) falco's moves really only bear a passing resemblance to fox's.

pantsless: i haven't been on that long, but from what i can tell there's no real fixed topic. everyone's been kinda back-and-forth. maybe the topic should be what kind of brain-punchingly awesome avatar you ought to have.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Mornin'.

I'm working on a Dillon moveset today, so once done, I'll show you guys. That is if it gets done.
I've been trying to come up with one that doesn't make him too similar to Sonic (with all the rollin' and whatnot). I'm eager to see yours.

@Tri-Hy I don't take issue with clones too much, but cloned movesets shouldn't be something that developers just throw in for the sake of padding the roster. I guess it worked out with the Melee clones being further Luigified in Brawl, but Smash Bros. is a classy, once-per-generation affair that should be treated with care and detail, something that clones don't embody to me. Sure, one or two here or there is fine, but only when they make sense in terms of the actual character (and yes, who a character is does matter). And in Brawl, all of the clones made sense except Ganondorf and Wolf (he needs completely unique specials).

Edit: Kuma ninja'd me. Wholeheartedly agree.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Real shame that people use clones a way to attack other characters. I'm pretty sure that Smash is the only fighting series that has this atmosphere towards clones. Street Fighter has 6-8 different versions of Ryu and yet no one complains about that.
It probably due to the fact the clones in Smash are preexisting characters. Players will have more attachment to the character initially than a game with an original cast like SF.

In terms of clones in Smash, Lucas, Wolf, and Tink were steps in the right direction in terms of diversity. They're more Ryu and Sakura than Ryu and Ken like the Melee clones were.

Ganondorf? There's no excuse for that **** in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Falco was Luigified more than Gdorf yeah. While its awesome for Falco, its less for Ganon who especially with TP (final fight) had a lot of potential for a moveset. Yet I think they didn't went for that style cause of Ike, and him bring Brawl's heavy swordsman.

Roy could also work as a mid point between Marth and Ike yeah, but perhaps he will get added in as a late clone of Krom? With a different neutral B perhaps?

Still not having too high hopes for Roy, but it'd welcome him gladly regardless. He's the only Melee clone I feel has the best potential of being unique. Of coarse not counting Young Link with a MM moveset, but I don't really see that happening, otherwise we would've probably had Wolf Link in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It probably due to the fact the clones in Smash are preexisting characters. Players will have more attachment to the character initially than a game with an original cast like SF.

In terms of clones in Smash, Lucas, Wolf, and Tink were steps in the right direction in terms of diversity. They're more Ryu and Sakura than Ryu and Ken like the Melee clones were.

Ganondorf pretty much got ripped off. You got to face him in a sword duel in Twilight Princess, and yet his Brawl moveset is still identical to Captain Falcon's, but even worse. If you have a sword, why not use it?!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, here's what I have so far, but it seems MK-ish to me somehow. I dunno, but take a look:

Dillon the Armadillo [The dude in my avatar and banners in my signature]
(B): Western Roll Combo:
He charges, like Sonic, but however, he’s a bit slower at the dash. Once charged a little or maxed, he’ll fire forward. HOWEVER there is an awesome system built into this move. Like Marth, he can perform a combo, but in the sky. He jumps upwards. Now, you have to do a button combination, but it’s always the same, like Marth. He slashes left, up, and then meteor smashes straight down.

(B)>: Arma-Dig:
He digs straight down. In this stage, no one can hurt you. For 5 seconds, you can move around faster than usual underground and then pop up, slamming an above opponent. He can dig offstage, auto grabbing the stage’s edge as well, allowing a type of the original fortress hogging.

(B)v: Arma-Grind:
Dillon counters any attack from a person in this form. Grabbing them, he’ll slam them on the ground, and turn into a spin ball on top of them. Keep pressing the (A) button, and he’ll grind on the opponent. When it’s time to let go, according to the enemy’s %, he’ll grind backward, spitting out the opponent in front of them. Anyone who touches Dillon in this form also gets entrapped.

(B)^: Arma-Dash:
He freezes in midair, then dashes according to analog stick positioning. Like the Lucario buff, this will hurt enemies as he dashes. He also goes a little further than Lucario.

(FS): Arma-Mode!
His belt buckle glows as his body covers in electric-like energy. This is very much like Wario, except his (B)v and grinding-like moves are what makes the best of this move. If an opponent is dumb enough to hit him in (B)v, Dillon will do exactly what the grind usually does, but always does around 80%-100% damage on impact, making for an easy KO afterwards! If he Kos someone with his roll attack, which will auto end the FS, it’ll OHKO them, and it’ll zoom up on Dillon, as it shows the enemy get launched in the sky. He puts his hat back on, then whips his nose and chuckles.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do not mind Gannondorf not carrying a sword. Having the triforce of power, he is lethal enough with just his body (that's what she said). However, I wouldn't mind if he materialized the sword with dark magic for a forward smash.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
asage: that's a neat moveset for the pig guy in your avatar!
it's a joke. i'm aware that dillon is an armaDILLO(n)

bowserlick: actually, that sounds really boss. materializing a darkness sword...

shortie: how did ghirahim come to be nicknamed debbie, anyway?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why must people still think that they replaced Mewtwo and Roy?!
I never said that. Priorities Golden, Priorities. They will play a part again, just like they did in Brawl. If you don't think there was a legitimate reason behind Lucario and Ike being added and Mewtwo and Roy having to be discarded, you're crazy.

shortie: how did ghirahim come to be nicknamed debbie, anyway?
I'm going to guess it's because he looks like a total lesbian. BUUUUT, I think he got that nickname after the reveal trailer of SS? Not too sure.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Dat hoe is dead! Their ain't no zombies in smash bros (ReDeads aside). Besides this is Smash Bros, not Smash Hoes who can't tell the difference between day and night! :chuckle:
As someone who used to frequent that site, most of the posters there pre-Brawl not just wanted the 5 characters we got in Brawl, but Zant, Midna (with or without Wolf Link), Tingle, and Skull Kid. It was ridiculous how many Zelda-centered characters they wanted. That's what=??? 9 Zelda characters, none whom appeared in more than 5 Zelda games!

The same goes with Mario characters on Mario forums, Donkey Kong characters on Donkey Kong forums, etc. The only forum for a series with characters in Smash Bros. that wasn't calling for more characters pre-Brawl was the MOTHER/Earth Boun fan base, and that was because for the longest time they felt Ness was being replaced by Lucas.

Quote from the truth. I've been saying that first part for a decade. Also, Ganondorf Brawl sucks. Ganondorf in Melee is awesome, but give him a new(ish) move set and keep his Melee play style. That or give his play style to Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, etc and make Ganondorf brand new and original in terms of move set, play style, and how he plays.

Ganondorf doesn't have to use his sword as the basis of his move set (I prefer different punches, kicks, and magical attacks), but he needs to stop being in Captain Falcon's shadow. I would also like to see Ganondorf use his twin swords from the Wind Waker in a move or two. It would be pretty awesome if Ganondorf carried 2 or 3 swords. :cool:
Also, I am a bit dismayed that people use the "clone" tag to attack a character's worth. The Krystal and Midna fans did that to Wolf and Toon Link fans, and in the end Sakurai implemented those characters over those two probably because there was a moveset that Sakurai could already base those characters off of, and upon retrospect most people realize that putting in Wolf and Toon Link (despite sharing some similar moves with another character on the roster) was a much better choice than Krystal and Midna.
Those damn Midna and Krystal fans are one of the reasons I stopped supporting those characters pre-Brawl. :urg: Another reason is those characters aren't that interesting. But yeah, those fans of those characters pre-Brawl could not stand opposing viewpoints. :ohwell: Thank God the Krystal fan base has matured. Well, at least here on SWF they have! :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I finished that chapter where I got to see Palutena in action... she pretty much did what I envisioned her of doing. Uprising practically solidified my opinion about Kid Icarus characters. I want both Palutena and Medusa in Smash 4. Magnus is not needed but he would be a nice bonus.

As for Marth's new design, wow... He looks more feminine now than he did in Shadow Dragon where he actually looked masculine for once... Seriously, he looks more girly than he did in Melee and Brawl. You know, I kinda like the idea of Marth having an alternate costume based on his Shadow Dragon design while his Awakening design is his default costume.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, Ganondorf should really have 2 or 3 swords in Smash, or better yet, what's the problem with 4 swords? Not even carrying 5 or 6 swords would be pushing it

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
I think his two swords in the Wind Waker, and his one sword from Twilight Princess are enough.

@ Falchion
What do you expect from a crack addict who died from a drug overdose=??? :confused:

Also, anyone else noticing that after Medusa suddenly fell off the map a few people have begun supporting her a lot more... shall I say passionately=??? That's just an observation based on what I see here and on GameFAQS. I'm not picking on anyone in particular with that statement.
...much...
;)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, Ganondorf should really have 2 or 3 swords in Smash, or better yet, what's the problem with 4 swords? Not even carrying 5 or 6 swords would be pushing it

What do you think this is, Soul Calibur?

Just give us Toon Ganondorf with a WW fighting style and call it a day.

Kuma had some nice ideas like the Gerudo Flip.

Don't get me wrong, Bowserlick is right that Ganondorf does not need his sword to fight. He has the Power. That's what his character is, strongest man in the universe. Not the ultimate sword-user. That's a bonus.(and should be a bit more) I don't like him being a clone, but it makes too much sense.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Ganondorf also needs to stop running like a sodomized duck. He doesn't need to be fast, but he can be agile (and there is a difference between speed and agility).

@Chrono I've seen that, and I want it soooooo hard. I'm also pumped for a 3D remake of a game that defines my childhood.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ganondorf also needs to stop running like a sodomized duck. He doesn't need to be fast, but he can be agile (and there is a difference between speed and agility).
Which fits Toon Ganondorf all too well, notably.

He's the only agile one of the bunch. Even as Puppet Ganon he's pretty fast.

For an extremely old man, he sure knows how to move.

What is he, over 100 years old by then? Would explain his pot belly. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rather off topic, but I managed to dig up some old official Mole Mania artwork. It sort of reminds me of the old Sugimori style Pokemon drawings from Red/Blue.

I, for one, would love it if Muddy was playable, Kangaroon was an Assist Trophy, Jinbe was a stage element, Funton was a Boss, and Sundes was Muddy's Final Smash.:cool:

It'd be like a big Mole Mania reunion, but with only one good guy. Plus, imagine them in HD? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom