• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Rather off topic, but I managed to dig up some old official Mole Mania artwork. It sort of reminds me of the old Sugimori style Pokemon drawings from Red/Blue.

I, for one, would love it if Muddy was playable, Kangaroon was an Assist Trophy, Jinbe was a stage element, Funton was a Boss, and Sundes was Muddy's Final Smash.:cool:

It'd be like a big Mole Mania reunion, but with only one good guy. Plus, imagine them in HD? :D
Well, I don't really think Funton should be a boss per se, but a miniboss, similar to what I imagine could happen with Konk, Boom Boom, etc. You know, NPCs that don't really fit as bosses.

Minor enemies/minibosses from games or bosses from minor series specifically.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
LOL, JohnKnight and Hyper actually took my last post seriously :laugh:

Y'all need to learn ye some Metal 101: NEVER take me seriously
I never take you as anything. Your life is meaningless.

As the memory of you wimpers out of existence, I will mistake it as the wind and never think of it again.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
In other words, your existence is one cruel, sad, pointless joke.

On another note, I think some people just come here in a mood to agrue, more like attack anything, even if they could tell it was a joke.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Which fits Toon Ganondorf all too well, notably.

He's the only agile one of the bunch. Even as Puppet Ganon he's pretty fast.

For an extremely old man, he sure knows how to move.

What is he, over 100 years old by then? Would explain his pot belly. :p
I mean, this is no new topic, but I am really anxious to see how Zelda character designs are handled in SSB4. What I would prefer is if they took the looks from SS and aged them a bit, considering Link and Zelda are teenagers in it. Honestly, if they go the route they did with Toon Link and un-cel shade Link and Zelda, they would basically look like younger, more colorful TP versions.

Ganondorf... Hmmm... I'd like to see an SS design ala Sheik's Brawl design. That looked great, so I'm sure an SS Ganondorf would look fine. Or Toon Ganondorf. But since there's (likely) only going to be one Ganondorf around, I'd say they could drop the "Toon" moniker if they did add Toon Ganondorf.

@Metal I got your funny joke. I seriously lol'd so hard.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In other words, your existence is one cruel, sad, pointless joke.
Life is hilariously cruel.

On another note, I think some people just come here in a mood to agrue, more like attack anything, even if they could tell it was a joke.
Pretty much me during the summer. Now I'm just here for the free food.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I actually want to entertain this idea.

How exactly would Impa play if she didn't replace sheik and didn't borrow a single move from her?
Didn't Diddy Kong say he'd be gone for the next day or so? What irony. :laugh:

Can't she do something with barriers? I don't remember exactly.

Gotta work on a presentation for my Japanese class on the Fire Emblem series (I'm not kidding). Later. :cool:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oooooo barrieeerrrrsss, Impa is sooooo INTRESTING.

Give me Ghiraher please.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about this idea for a while now. What would you guys think of unlockable costumes? For example, unlocking a Dr. Mario skin for Mario or a Galacta Knight skin for Meta Knight? Or perhaps have a shop where you can buy costumes for a moderate to high amount of coins?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It'd be neat if costumes could only be found in ITEM SHOPS in a story mode overworld. Make it worth playing. Who wouldn't want to buy Pantless Marth from Anna or Meta-Ridley from... I dunno, a Chozo statue.

D

Deleted member

It'd be neat if costumes could only be found in ITEM SHOPS in a story mode overworld. Make it worth playing. Who wouldn't want to buy Pantless Marth from Anna or Meta-Ridley from... I dunno, a Chozo statue.
I wouldn't. -_-

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, this is no new topic, but I am really anxious to see how Zelda character designs are handled in SSB4. What I would prefer is if they took the looks from SS and aged them a bit, considering Link and Zelda are teenagers in it. Honestly, if they go the route they did with Toon Link and un-cel shade Link and Zelda, they would basically look like younger, more colorful TP versions.
It depends if the Wii U games or a new Zelda game with Adult Link comes out before Smash. For all we know, Sheik could return, etc. Skyward Sword's designs are okay, but there's no way Link can be an upgraded in Smash if it follows SS too closely. The Boomerang is a huge part of his gameplay and not present in it.(I can't think of a single game where the Boomerang does not appear. It's even in Zelda II, via an enemy, but still) My main problem is that it'l affect Toon Link too. Since we're going to have two Links as is... the only hope is that Toon Link sticks with being a clone, and we get Mask Link with the Boomerang. It may be three Links, but they only thing they have in common is their freakin' soul. That's... it.

Trust me, given the choice, Toon Link would have various tools from his games. Link would not keep the Boomerang. Young Link would get the Boomerang, etc. If every Link is different, having 3 is no issue. At the very least, we can still have Toon Link with a Young Link skin. :grin:

Ganondorf... Hmmm... I'd like to see an SS design ala Sheik's Brawl design. That looked great, so I'm sure an SS Ganondorf would look fine. Or Toon Ganondorf. But since there's (likely) only going to be one Ganondorf around, I'd say they could drop the "Toon" moniker if they did add Toon Ganondorf.
Nah, keep the Toon Moniker. Also, considering it was outright specified Ganondorf would not appear in SS, they probably didn't make a design. There's only in-series design for Ganondorf left. There's still the tech demo design, though. I think they used it also for Melee, or atleast the sword, so...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have been thinking something of the lines as well, even special skins that slightly alter the stats and moves of the Smasher, like giving pills to Mario with the Dr. Mario skin and the other differences, giving a Pichu skin to Pikachu that raises speed, shrinks size, has self-injury, etc. Some more could be like Meta-Ridley for Ridley, Louie and President for Olimar, Dry Bowser for Bowser, Mr. L for Luigi, Pittoo for Pit, Shadow for Sonic, Dark Samus, Fusion, and various suits for Samus, Shadow Mario, Dark Link, Mewtwo with the armor from his movie, Shiny forms of all the pokemon, Daisy for Peach, etc.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In some cases you'd essentially be asking for a new character. :V

Changing stats for costumes is a bad idea.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How were human Cyrax and Sektor different from their cyborg appearance? IIRC, they just added DOOHICKIES to their human versions to allow them to do the kinds of things the cyborgs did.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know, that's why I edited it
You thought you could S_cape my Ojo_S?

Anyway, yeah, a costume must necessarily fit the bones and hurtboxes of their respective character. Changing stats would just add to the workload involved in the overall balance of the gameplay, without gaining much in return.

Changing Mario's fire to pills is probably DOABLE though. Change the model, a sound effect here and there. Could be done I think. Would act exactly the same as the fireball though. Could probably turn his CAPE white too without any trouble.

Oooh man, I didn't know they made Unmasked Sub-Zero as DLC. He's the best.

D

Deleted member

The problem with that is, Dr. Mario had different proporties in his moves than Mario.

So again, like Metal and I have been saying, why not make Dr. Mario an alternate selection from Mario like the different Gohans in DBZ Budokai 1?
That way, we get our Dr. Mario the way he was intended, and he doesn't take up a precious space on the roster.

yani

Smash Lord
So again, like Metal and I have been saying, why not make Dr. Mario an alternate selection from Mario like the different Gohans in DBZ Budokai 1?
That way, we get our Dr. Mario the way he was intended, and he doesn't take up a precious space on the roster.
Yeah, give us Link, Young Link( or MM), and Toon Link in a Link slot and Mario , Doc, and Paper in a Mario slot for even stevens :smirk:

I really don't care for Paper Mario though.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
In some cases you'd essentially be asking for a new character. :V

Changing stats for costumes is a bad idea.
Changing stats of a character =/= new character.

It'd add diversity to the game, but I can understand it not being a popular idea.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I won't miss Dr. Melee's negligibly different properties. Just want Mario in a labcoat.

@Heels: You asked for a Pikachu costume that would essentially turn him completely into Pichu. Not only changing the model, but the stats and animations as well. New character. (Thoughjustforthatoneexample)

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that is, Dr. Mario had different proporties in his moves than Mario.

Then we'd have to do that with other characters so Mario isn't the only one getting special treatment. So we could theoretically have Pichu in there as well, and Roy if he doesn't make it in as a full character.

I won't miss Dr. Melee's negligibly different properties. Just want Mario in a labcoat.
Regardless, this is where I stand on the matter.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I think there is a very good chance that this will happen. I have seen this suggested even on Japanese forums. Dr. Mario would be extremely easy to put in, but many people would make a stink if he got his own slot again. I think making Doc a costume with some stat differences will make both the Doc supporters and Doc haters happy. I think if Dr. Mario does return though, he will be a last minute addition for Smash 4.

As for FE13 Marth, apparently the person who did the artwork for him, was the same artist who did the art and character designs for FE9/FE10. That might explain why this Marth seems to have more mass to his limbs than Maked Marth does (who was drawn by FE13's main artist). The free DLC (which will only be free for a limited time) for Marth (who is the most popular lord in the series in Japan) will likely make FE13 have the largest opening for a Fire Emblem game since FE4, much like how the Victini event promotion made Black/White have the largest opening of the entire Pokemon series.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

@Heels: You asked for a Pikachu costume that would essentially turn him completely into Pichu. Not only changing the model, but the stats and animations as well. New character. (Thoughjustforthatoneexample)
Pichu was almost a carbon copy clone of Pikachu in Melee, so it still doesn't imply the same workload of a brand new character. Not to mention as you say it is that one example.

Honestly, I guess this is just me, I'd rather have more depth to the fighting than added content. I mean that if the fighting got more intricate and received more layers at the expense of not getting a 50+ character roster, I wouldn't mind. That works even better if Sakurai is awesome and allows downloadable content, we can just get those extra characters over time (and money).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Now watch, Sakurai will troll us all and put in Doctor Wario from Dr. Mario 64. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
From a developer's standpoint, assuming every character has a costume, that's 100 ...entities? with different stats that would have to be balanced out in the core gameplay. Seems to me like a lot a work with negligible gain.

Not as negligible as Metal Overlord though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Oasis- Yep, it's even the Alec Baldwin MK3 version with the suspenders except he isn't completely shirtless this time

Then we'd have to do that with other characters so Mario isn't the only one getting special treatment. So we could theoretically have Pichu in there as well, and Roy if he doesn't make it in as a full character.

Regardless, this is where I stand on the matter.
Not really, Wario got an alt in Brawl, did that mean every character had to get one as well?

And Gohan in the example we used was the only character like that in the game, as well

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom