• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
If Starfy is in the main story of Sm4sh, I'd like to see him as a comic character like Luigi and Dedede.

I'd hope Starfy would be in an area like the Research Facility(maybe Pokémon's Power Plant), dancing to a Starfy song(like Luigi's first cutscene's music), when he hits a button and releases a boss. He stares with large eyes, and runs for his life. :laugh:

I don't have the link, but y'all can just look it up. I'd hope Starfy would run to this.

The Legendary Starfy- Cook Those Dumplings

Just thinking about it makes me laugh. :laugh:
Speaking of that muted guitar whistling Luigi's Mansion theme, why in the eff wasn't it a full song that played on the stage? That was one of my favorite things about the SSE, and then it wasn't in the VS modes... Hmph.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of that muted guitar whistling Luigi's Mansion theme, why in the eff wasn't it a full song that played on the stage? That was one of my favorite things about the SSE, and then it wasn't in the VS modes... Hmph.
Maybe cuz it only played for about 10 seconds. :awesome:

But seriously, I dunno. I for one would've loved that song.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
@Chronobound : Oh. Okay...

Confound this new age technology...(I've never used Twitter. :lol:)

Carry on, folks.

Edit: I think Lucario has a better chance of returning than people realize. I mean, he's vastly unique and liked, unlike Pichu, who many compare him to. If anything, time constraints may keep him out this time.
I see what your saying but I don't think people care about Lucario now like they did in 06-08 :(

EDIT: Sorry for the late response different timezone lolz

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I see what your saying but I don't think people care about Lucario now like they did in 06-08 :(

EDIT: Sorry for the late response different timezone lolz
That's the thing about flavor-of-the-month Pokemon like Lucario and Zoroark: not too many people care about them in the first place, several people just expect them because of the goddamn movies. Sure, they're *marginally* popular, but they aren't the most beloved Pokemon in the world. Don't get me wrong, I love Lucario, but people not caring about him won't keep him from returning, just like it honestly wasn't a huge factor in his inclusion. Lucario got in for Pokemon PR, and not much else. That being said, he needs to return.

Plus, last time a Pokemon character was cut, people raged with the fury of a thousand ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuus.

Come at me, Zoroark lovers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think this is what I am ultmately going to settle down with... the 20 newcomers from 1984 to 2012... I think this collection of newcomers may appeal two generations of gamers and Nintendo fans from both sides of the Pacific and the Atlantic... that's what I am aiming for... to reach out to a wider audience with many popular characters and a few unexpected characters whether they are controversial or not... and regardless if they replace a veteran or not.

10 newcomers are from the 1980's.
Hunting Dog, Toad, Takamaru, Slime, Ridley, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, King Hippo, Mega Man

3 newcomers are from the 1990's.
King K. Rool, Dixie & Kiddy, Team Rocket

4 newcomers are from the 2000's.
Masked Link, Tingle, Starfy, Mii

3 Newcomers are from the 2010's.
Shulk, Zoroark, Krom

7 veteran franchises get 10 newcomers.
Donkey Kong - 2
Fire Emblem - 1
Kid Icarus - 2
Mario - 1
Metroid - 1
Pokemon - 2
Zelda - 1

9 new franchises are added with 10 newcomers.
Dragon Quest - 1
Duck Hunt - 1
Mega Man - 1
Mii - 1
Murasame Castle - 1
Punch-Out!! - 2
Starfy - 1
Tingle - 1
Xenoblade - 1

Not scrapping the bottom of the barrel here!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Off topic, but the new Sega/Capcom/Namco game has been announced.

Project X Zone

Seems I was right in it being an RPG. :smirk:

EDIT: No Sonic so far. Iblis is going to have a fit. lol

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Wait, it seems like most of those pairings aren't crossovers? I think I don't understand; do the pairings fight other pairings, do they cooperate, what's happening?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Rhythm Heaven Assist Trophy idea is brilliant! I suddenly want to support this Assist Trophy idea.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's the thing about flavor-of-the-month Pokemon like Lucario and Zoroark: not too many people care about them in the first place, several people just expect them because of the goddamn movies. Sure, they're *marginally* popular, but they aren't the most beloved Pokemon in the world. Don't get me wrong, I love Lucario, but people not caring about him won't keep him from returning, just like it honestly wasn't a huge factor in his inclusion. Lucario got in for Pokemon PR, and not much else. That being said, he needs to return.

Plus, last time a Pokemon character was cut, people raged with the fury of a thousand ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuus.

Come at me, Zoroark lovers.
Regardless of your complaining *Zoroark confirmed*

It sucks but that's the way it is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Krom has a class known as "Master Lord" that enables him to use spears. Interesting.

http://youtu.be/UJ_41CmPwRQ?t=1m32s
Interesting. It would be cool to see him use spears.

Looking at his swordmanship it's actually completely different than either Marth's or Ike's. Krom is looking to have a lot of unique potential, and we haven't even seen his unique in-game skill yet.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Interesting. It would be cool to see him use spears.

Looking at his swordmanship it's actually completely different than either Marth's or Ike's. Krom is looking to have a lot of unique potential, and we haven't even seen his unique in-game skill yet.
I told everyone his playstyle is different. Plus his voice sounds kind of "Super Smash Bros character-y", if that makes any sense? Like the deeper voice, personally.

The best way I can compare their sword styles is like this:

Marth: Cutter, swift
Ike: Slugger, heavy
Krom: Hacker, strong

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Speaking of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Krom has a class known as "Master Lord" that enables him to use spears. Interesting.

http://youtu.be/UJ_41CmPwRQ?t=1m32s
I was expecting for Krom to gain a second weapon type upon promotion (its usually the norm for most lords in the FE series), though I was also expecting him to become mounted as well (many unmounted lords seem to gain a horse upon promotion), with myself thinking of the possibility of it even being a wyvern or even a griffin.

Looking at the clip of the Master Lord Krom compared to the Lord Krom, it seems his attack animations are the same for both classes, though I am still waiting on the game's release for a proper assessment on him.

Also, I thinking about the Shadow Dragon interview. In the interview there were three higher-ups at Intelligent Systems about what they wanted to do for another Fire Emblem:
- One wanted to remake Akaneia Senki (Fire Emblem BS), wanting to see how it could be updated for the DS.

- Another wanted Fire Emblem All-Stars (basically a Fire Emblem game with an assortment of characters throughout the entire series).

- Another wanted to remake FE6, citing a desire to wanting to introduce Roy properly.

A remake of Akaneia Senki was included in FE12. FE13 seems to have incorporated the idea of Fire Emblem All-Stars (characters from different games in the series appears as DLC).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was expecting for Krom to gain a second weapon type upon promotion (its usually the norm for most lords in the FE series), though I was also expecting him to become mounted as well (many unmounted lords seem to gain a horse upon promotion), with myself thinking of the possibility of it even being a wyvern or even a griffin.

Looking at the clip of the Master Lord Krom compared to the Lord Krom, it seems his attack animations are the same for both classes, though I am still waiting on the game's release for a proper assessment on him.

Also, I thinking about the Shadow Dragon interview. In the interview there were three higher-ups at Intelligent Systems about what they wanted to do for another Fire Emblem:
- One wanted to remake Akaneia Senki (Fire Emblem BS), wanting to see how it could be updated for the DS.

- Another wanted Fire Emblem All-Stars (basically a Fire Emblem game with an assortment of characters throughout the entire series).

- Another wanted to remake FE6, citing a desire to wanting to introduce Roy properly.

A remake of Akaneia Senki was included in FE12. FE13 seems to have incorporated the idea of Fire Emblem All-Stars (characters from different games in the series appears as DLC).
To be honest most of the animations of the higher classes in Awakening do not seem to change from that of their lower classes. I was disappointed by the Swordmaster and Assassin classes. :\

I cannot remember where it was said, but somebody from IS said the DLC in Awakening was their way of fulfilling that all star idea.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I cannot remember where it was said, but somebody from IS said the DLC in Awakening was their way of fulfilling that all star idea.
The point I was getting at is that 2/3 of the desires to the three IS big shots when Shadow Dragon was released have been fulfilled, only the FE6 desire is left. However, I guess placing Roy as FE13 DLC could serve as their chance to "properly introduce Roy".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I told everyone his playstyle is different. Plus his voice sounds kind of "Super Smash Bros character-y", if that makes any sense? Like the deeper voice, personally.

The best way I can compare their sword styles is like this:

Marth: Cutter, swift
Ike: Slugger, heavy
Krom: Hacker, strong
I don't know would a hacker would do. Krom could be the first FE character with a projectile (lance/spear) though. lol

@above: I remember some of those interviews, certainly makes sense I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if the next step was a remake of Sword of Seals.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I just finished Uprising... all chapters. Good storytelling, enjoyable characters, addicting gameplay... And there are still so much stuff to collect. I'm now attempting to collect as many Idols, weapons, and powers as possible.

I'm 100% certain I want Palutena, Medusa, and Magnus in Smash... But the goddesses should get in first before Magnus... And Palutena should get in first before Medusa. I also want Eggplant Wizard and Centurion in Smash as Assist Trophies.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know would a hacker would do. Krom could be the first FE character with a projectile (lance/spear) though. lol
Sakurai specifically mentioned that he originally gave Ike have a projectile attack for his moveset (Ike's Ragnell has a long distance attack), however, he cut it out because he felt it made Ike broken. Personally, I thought Eruption was "off" in regards to Ike.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai specifically mentioned that he originally gave Ike have a projectile attack for his moveset (Ike's Ragnell has a long distance attack), however, he cut it out because he felt it made Ike broken. Personally, I thought Eruption was "off" in regards to Ike.
Agreed. Personally I'm betting Sakurai stole that move from Roy before he was scrapped as a last second change.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Agreed. Personally I'm betting Sakurai stole that move from Roy before he was scrapped as a last second change.
Its my theory as well that Eruption originally belonged to a luigi-fied Roy. However, my opinion is that Eruption was given to Ike AFTER Roy was scrapped. I think when all 39 of Brawl's characters were programmed into the game, they started to play test for balance, and while play testing found that Ike's projectile attack made him overpowered. They eventually decided that it would be for the best that Ike would not have a projectile attack at all, and gave Ike a move that they had planned for the luigi-fied Roy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Its my theory as well that Eruption originally belonged to a luigi-fied Roy. However, my opinion is that Eruption was given to Ike AFTER Roy was scrapped. I think when all 39 of Brawl's characters were programmed into the game, they started to play test for balance, and while play testing found that Ike's projectile attack made him overpowered. They eventually decided that it would be for the best that Ike would not have a projectile attack at all, and gave Ike a move that they had planned for the luigi-fied Roy.
Oops, I mean after he was scrapped.

I gotta pay attention to my posts a bit more. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As a fellow Genesect-lover, you of all people should sympathize with me.
WELLLL, we have hope the BW2 drastically changes the options for Pokemon reps... and introduces Genesect.

All I'm saying is.. Genesect MAY become a legitimate choice.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Black/White 2 has real potential to upend the entire tea table in regards to Pokemon newcomer speculation. I am expecting Mewtwo returning no matter what though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been looking at the descriptions people are having for this and that character, playstyle wise, I find it oversimplyfying which will cause some rather annoying discussions.

There's more to it than speed and power. There's also footsies, mixups, preferred range (ie. midrange for Marth, close range for Puff), how to get in, how to get out, etc.

And to end this post, I suggest you look at this Heihachi overview. It's long so feel free to skim it. Anyway, I'm sharing this because this is the kind of power I'd like to see in either Bowser or Ganondorf. Might be more suitable for the King of Thieves though.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I suppose it all hinges on what/if new Pokemon are introduced, and how they're marketed. I didn't really ever consider them taking a Gold/Silver approach to B&W 2 like that rumor that was already proven false. I mean, it isn't likely, but if they do introduce some new Pokemon and make movies that center around them, then watch out Zoroark.

But really, Genesect would make me squeal with Bug/Steel joy, and Mewtwo should totes come back. I can't imagine the backlash that will ensue if he doesn't.

Something else worth bringing up is how everyone (myself included) is saying how much B&W 2 will change the Pokemon Smash speculation, when many of these same people are willing to argue that anime appearances are what get Pokemon into Smash. I mean, it's true; Red is the only Pokemon Rep that hasn't totally been included because of anime appearances. But if Zoroark is so inevitable because of its poster-child status that resulted from the movie, then why should B&W 2 change that?

Not saying that isn't what I want. Call me crazy, but I think the most influential force in determining Pokemon reps should be the games, but that isn't how it is now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
taking a Gold/Silver approach to B&W 2

But if Zoroark is so inevitable because of its poster-child status that resulted from the movie, then why should B&W 2 change that?
Okay, look at it similar to..... 3rd gen being skipped for 4th in some respects. If we get a new marketed Pokemon who outshines Zoroark, then, looks like he isn't the most recent Poster Child.

And Zoroark, like Lucario is the posterchild because he was marketed that way. Not just the movie. He was marketed HEAVILY.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not saying that isn't what I want. Call me crazy, but I think the most influential force in determining Pokemon reps should be the games, but that isn't how it is now.
I agree and I do wish things were different but I think there is a reason it's not that way.

The Pokemon series is pretty vast and the games don't really spend anytime on Pokemon or it's characters other than legendary Pokemon and N. So that's probably where the anime comes in.

It's a shame though that the manga gets the shaft in the end. It keeps the game's story while also concentrating on character development. Probably why Satoshi Tajiri said he prefers the manga better.

I'm not sure how much BW2 will change speculation, as we've never gotten a sequel before, but I'm betting not too much. I'm positive though it won't help Genesect's case unfortunetly.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's a shame though that the manga gets the shaft in the end. It keeps the game's story while also concentrating on character development. Probably why Satoshi Tajiri said he prefers the manga better.
Anyone who isnt' seven prefers the manga. The anime is for children... who still is actively watching, and thuroughly enjoying the anime? Yeah, your eight year old brother.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL, JohnKnight and Hyper actually took my last post seriously :laugh:

Y'all need to learn ye some Metal 101: NEVER take me seriously
Shh... I'm in seriously in serious mode. Also, I knew you were joking. I wasn joking about 3 swords, although I was serious about 2 swords. Maybe two copies of Ganondorf's Twilight Princess sword (and he could use them like in the Wind Waker), but that is it.

Also, if Fire Emblem 1 Marth is playable, I hope is undies are visible like Peach's were in Melee. :urg:
Wario is the only character to get a costume in Brawl. Does that mean there has to be one for every character now so that Wario no longer has special treatment?
Meah, I think about a dozen characters could use them. Also, the alternate articles of clothing I have mentioned in the past, with a color palette to modify skin color, to modify default outfit color, and attachable costumes and to modify accessory colors.
Y'know what pissed me off the most about Subspace? I went out of my way and beaten it in Intense Mode and GOT **** ALL!
Still not that hard. Try beating locally ranked players instead. Now that's a real challenge! :cool: Also, I find the Melee Adventure Mode quicker, simpler, and more enjoyable. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Wario, Mario, and Zelda really need alternate costumes. Most others really don't IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom