• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The only things Kirby-related I want in Smash are:

1. More Air Ride music
2. Fountain of Dreams from Melee remade in HD
3. Dream Land 64 remade in HD

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Yeah thats a good point but smash needs a little more Kirby. Plus, there's a lot more uniqueness between Whambam Rock and Jewel besides cosmetics; Jewel is a superhell of a lot harder than Rock, plus Marx also serves as a super hard boss in kirby. I feel these guys could fit in.
As an easter egg?do a multiplayer in classic(with more than two only)with kirby chars?

D

Deleted member

Why are we having this inane debate? By the end of the day, Blastoise is still a bigger/heavier/stronger/slower version of Squirtle with cannons on its back. Either way, I don't think we are getting a Blastoise/Venusaur/Charizard team. Why would Sakurai want to bother doing that when he could be using the time and resources to develop two or three potential non-clone Pokemon characters like Mewtwo, Meowth, Team Rocket, Zoroark, Victini, Genesect (he's got a cannon on his back), 2nd gen Pokemon Trainer, 3rd gen Pokemon Trainer, 4th gen Pokemon Trainer, and/or 5th gen Pokemon Trainer?
Except, Venusaur and Blastoise wouldn't be in ALONGSIDE their pre-evolutions, and would take just as much time and resources as Squirtle and Ivysaur.
So why should Sakurai waste time and resources making Squirtle and Ivysaur when he can make potential non-clone Pokemon characters like Mewtwo, Meowth, Zoroark, Victini, or Genesect?
Surely he wouldn't waste his time with Team Rocket or another Trainer, as making one Trainer is bad enough that he has to simply keep one Pokemon (Charizard) and dump the other two.

@Diddy, yes, it would make PT an all heavyweight team, but Pokemon currently has only one heavyweight in the history of Smash. Everyone else is a lightweight (even Mewtwo, though he could be bumped up to middleweight) or a middleweight (Lucario only).
Venusaur: 6'07'' and 220.5 lbs
Charizard: 5'07'' and 199.5 lbs
Blastoise: 5'03'' and 188.5 lbs
Venusaur would actually be the largest and heaviest, but not by much. Blastoise is the smallest and lightest of the three. :lol:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I love the full evolutions of 1st gen starters to death, but I would honestly rather keep what we've got with Red. That being said, I would <3 Venusaur and Blastoise if they showed up.

Mischief_Maker92

Smash Cadet
Mischief, could you elaborate more on this Marina Lightyears? I'm assuming that's the girl in ya avatar, right?
Yes, that's Marina. She is the main character of the N64 game, Mischief Makers. She is a robot. In the game, her main way of attacking is her grab move. She would grab an item or enemy, and could either throw it or shake it. Shaking certain objects would cause various effects. She also had rocket boosters she used for a dash move and hover move. There were also various weapons, such as bombs, rocket launchers, and machine guns that shot out what looked like ping pong balls, as well as vehicles like a giant robot made of blocks and a tricycle.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Breadbug's got the right idea. I'd love Blastoise but honestly, before anything I just want Mewtwo back

Who wouldn't want to be able to do this in Smash, though?

[COLLAPSE="Badassery"]
[/COLLAPSE]

@Mischief- ME GUSTA. Reminds me of Alisa Bosconovitch from Tekken

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo is 100% top priority when it comes to Pokemon imo to.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh man, I'd like to see Marina as much as I want to see Pulseman. Damn ye Saki and Pikachu!

Also, finally got me hands in Golden Sun-cartridge and now gonna clear it~ /Beginning/

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Apparently Krom can use lances.

So I guess that makes him less of an Ike clone like people seem to want him to be, if he can incorparate a lance in his moveset somewhere, like maybe a lance charge for a side special.

EDIT: And he, like Roy before him, can be promoted to a Master Lord.
If somehow he gets fire in his attacks like Roy, then Roy may be rendered obsolete.....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

So I guess that makes him less of an Ike clone like people seem to want him to be, if he can incorparate a lance in his moveset somewhere, like maybe a lance charge for a side special.

EDIT: And he, like Roy before him, can be promoted to a Master Lord.
If somehow he gets fire in his attacks like Roy, then Roy may be rendered obsolete.....
This is pretty good news indeed. If Krom can use a lance for one of his specials, and Ike can use an axe as a projectile (a Hand Axe or a Tomahawk as projectile for example for his B?) that'd be great representation of the weapon triangle! Gotta look into this though.

Speaking of projectiles, I am surprised that all versions of link in smash have not included some beam sword attack. He literally gets in most of the games he has been featured in.

Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and the Wind Waker he does not get his beam sword.

Yet, 8 other games in the installment have received beam sword attacks. Zelda I, Zelda II, Link's Awakening, Link to the past, Ocracle of Season and Ages, Minish Cap, and Four Swords. I am not sure if the DS spin-offs from wind waker have them at all. Those games I did not care much for.

Oh, even one more game with some beam sword attack. I forgot that could probably count. It would seem like it should be included.
But fire emblem sword users with hand axe projectile? That seems sort of weird. I could probably see it working.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It doesn't probably count, you basically need the sword beam in Skyward Sword to progress in the game. Its pretty important. And he doesnt has a boomerang in Skyward Sword either. Sheik doesn't appear either (again) but Impa had an awesome revival / redesign though. Very workable for Smash, see for yourself:

She could basically be a mage / ninja like character, much like a combination of Zelda and Sheik. Or just all around replace Sheik herself.

If Krom is pretty much accepted already as a combination sort of character between Marth and Ike, why can't we have Impa as a combination of Zelda and Sheik??

D

Deleted member

Or just...not replace Sheik and just be a mage/ninja.

Why can't they coexist? That is the one thing I don't get about you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If you prefer that why not? Impa is still a bad *** and should be in Smash, especially if Sheik could make it without showing ANY combat abilities in the game she hails from.

Posting this again just because its awesome.

Why they can't co-exist, thus: Impa replacing Sheik is just a strong personal preference so to say. I could explain again, but y all dont want me to.

D

Deleted member

Precisely. A Impa/Sheik team up on Team Battles would be epic.

Because again, I have no problem with Impa. Just with her replacing Sheik for the sake of relevancy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we need to have a rule that all images must be collapsed. :bee:
I'm still indecisive as to who I want as a Gen V rep, although I do like Victini and Genesect a bit more than Zoroark.

Deoxys for a third-Gen rep, please!
I still think Victini > Genesect > Zoroark, but I would be okay with any of them. Really, I am not big on any of them in particular.

Also, I think Plusle and Minun would be the best non-5th Generation Pokémon who hasn't already been playable in Smash. They would be the only tag team I want. I imagine them having all the same moves, but different effects. Like if one has a up smash that can kill, the other has an up smash that can lead to combos. That would be pretty neat. :bee:
I just wish a Gen V rep was more clear cut. I mean, Lucario was obviously the most popular Gen IV Pokemon. Most Popular Gen V? Chandelure. Yep. Probably not happening (I'd love it to, though; he's my favorite Gen V Pokemon.)
Well here's the thing: Mewtwo and Lucario were not just the most requested Pokémon for the next smash bros games, but they were also arguably the most popular Pokémon of their Generation. And they weren't just popular amongst Pokémon fans because they were overpowered (like Chnadeulure is). They were popular because they look awesome.

I'm not sure if we'll ever see that again in Pokémon. That is especially true since before Black and White were released, Game Freak and the Pokémon Company had revealed and hyped a few dozen different Pokémon. I mean, how likely is it that one Pokémon can become that much more popular than the other when they are all hyped about equally=???
Mewtwo is 100% top priority when it comes to Pokemon imo to.
No derp.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Krom's Side B: Lance Rush. Combination of Ike's Side B and Fox / Falco's? Sweetspot at the point of the lance, long range, but slower movement than Ike's Side B. Gotta keep up with the combination between Marth and Ike right? :awesome: Javelins as projectiles would work to.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll lose hope if Krom gets T3H PH1R3.

But until then, I still have hope for Roy.
I'll lose hope if Krom gets T3H PH1R3 CR0TCH!

Seriously, though I have hope for Roy. After all a song with the subtitle "Roy's Hope" was in Brawl called "Winning Road (Roy's Hope)." Plus that's amongst my top five or so favorite Fire Emblem songs. Here is the original version of Roy's Hope from Fire Emblem: Sword of the Seals (6)/Blazing Sword (7), and here is the Brawl remix of Roy's Hope.
Not sure if people agree to this idea, but I think Squirtle and Ivysaur should be evolved for the next Smash.

A Venasaur/Charizard/Blastoise team would be epic, fit Red more, and represent all three of the original versions.

Only downside would be that it's three 2nd Stage Pokemon. To which I say too bad.[COLLAPSE="Click here for the Image"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Nah. Even though Blastoise is my favorite Pokémon, I like having the different weight classes. It gives each of them different strengths and weaknesses. Still, Blastoise and Venasaur should remain Pokéball Pokémon. Oh, and Typhlosion should replace Charizard as a Pokéball Pokémon and do the exact same moves. :cool:

D

Deleted member

Squirtle and Ivysaur are in different weight classes?
Both seem like lightweights to me.

EDIT: *Checks* Ah. So Ivysaur IS a middleweight. He's the same as Lucario.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ That response made me lulz! :chuckle:

I don't know if Krom would use them. Ike has an axe, and never used it. However, it seems like that was his original B attack. As Chrono previous mentioned, Ike's neutral B attack looks like it could have originally been Roy's forward or neutral B.

Anyways, a lance seems like it could be a viable forward B, tilt, or smash attack move. It could definitely give Krom good range (it looks like he barely has any more range than Marth), and would allow him to compliment a play style that I imagine would be entirely different from Marth's.
AEDIT: And he, like Roy before him, can be promoted to a Master Lord.
Nah, they can both use fire attacks differently. Plus Krom is developing his own style unlike Marth, Ike, or Roy. I think Roy and Krom could both easily have original move sets. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know if Krom would use them. Ike has an axe, and never used it. However, it seems like that was his original B attack. As Chrono previous mentioned, Ike's neutral B attack looks like it could have originally been Roy's forward or neutral B.
Ike's original neutral special was a ranged attack from Ragnell, not an axe.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ike's original neutral special was a ranged attack from Ragnell, not an axe.
Still, an axe would be a pretty awesome attack for Ike's neutral B. Still, I can't remember what Ragnell ranged attack looks like. I've barely played Path of Radiance, and I haven't played Radiant Dawn.
Krom's Side B: Lance Rush. Combination of Ike's Side B and Fox / Falco's? Sweetspot at the point of the lance, long range, but slower movement than Ike's Side B. Gotta keep up with the combination between Marth and Ike right? :awesome: Javelins as projectiles would work to.
I imagine Krom having an attack with the lance where he stabs it forward without moving (or moving much). I think it would be his forward tilt or forward smash, actually.

Still, a rush style of move like something straight out of Fire Emblem would be a pretty awesome attack. I wish Roy would have one of his fancy movement full body slashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom