• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
YA MU, YA MU, YA MU, YA MU, YOUR MOVE

YUUUUUUU-GEEEEEEEEEEEE-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ITS TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Well, what do ya know, Krom is turning out to be a BAMF after all

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
QUIET YOU NONBELIEVER! :laugh:
Just kidding... or am I=??? o.O
Squirtle and Ivysaur are in different weight classes?
Both seem like lightweights to me.
Ivysaur isn't per say (he's definitely heavier than Squirtle). I would say Ivysaur is somewhere inbetween a lightweight and midweight, whereas Squirtle is a pure lightweight. Ivysaur also has a totally different play style. He's kinda slow, but got speed, and he's light, but has power and some decent kill moves. If we put in Venasaur and Blastoise, we lose that unique "balance."
EDIT: *Checks* Ah. So Ivysaur IS a middleweight. He's the same as Lucario.
Wait, Ivysaur is the same weight or about the same weight as Lucario=??? I thought Lucario was somewhere in between a middleweight and heavyweight! :confused:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am going to repeat this, since no one responded to it when I first posted it.

I have been putting a lot of time into thinking what would be the best newcomer to represent Black/White and Black/White 2, as well as whom would be the most likely one to be added (which the more I think about it, may be two completely different things).

Before Pokemon Trainer was unveiled, a lot of people envisioned Red (Pokemon Trainer) to fight in battle himself but using Pokemon in his moves and specials. How feasible is this exactly? I am throwing around some ideas, and think it could be a pretty fun idea for a potential Pokemon newcomer, however, is having a character that uses Pokemon for his moves unfeasible (ie. the Pokemon basically coming out of nowhere for the attacks instead of out of a Pokeball).

D

Deleted member

Both Ivysaur and Lucario are around Mario's weight, but they are heavier.

If an Animal Crosser using various tools is unfeasable, then so is a Trainer.

If we want someone that controls monsters and can logically fight as well, look at a Fossil Fighter. They use pickaxes and control dinosaurs (Vivosaurs, actually, but those are still dinos).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The last time a trainer tried to literally get into the battle with his Pokemon, he turned to stone

But seriously though, TBH, I don't see how you could revolve a whole moveset around that, it might seem interesting at first, but it probably wouldn't turn out too well at all. Pass

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
Agreed. It makes me want to have 4 Fire Emblem characters.
I have been putting a lot of time into thinking what would be the best newcomer to represent Black/White and Black/White 2, as well as whom would be the most likely one to be added (which the more I think about it, may be two completely different things).

Before Pokemon Trainer was unveiled, a lot of people envisioned Red (Pokemon Trainer) to fight in battle himself but using Pokemon in his moves and specials. How feasible is this exactly? I am throwing around some ideas, and think it could be a pretty fun idea for a potential Pokemon newcomer, however, is having a character that uses Pokemon for his moves unfeasible (ie. the Pokemon basically coming out of nowhere for the attacks instead of out of a Pokeball).
That sounds too "Capcom vs."-ish. I think most of us would rather just keep the Pokémon Trainer (although allow switches of them to be quicker and each one to be independent), and have just Pokémon play as themselves.

Still, we don't have a runaway favorite. I think Game Freak and the Pokémon Company will try to hype one Pokémon that would be "fit" in Smash Bros and be Gen 5's icon. :bee:
Both Ivysaur and Lucario are around Mario's weight, but they are heavier.
Woaw, that's silly. Lucario should weigh not much less than Ganondorf if you ask me. He definitely should weigh more than Snake.
If an Animal Crosser using various tools is unfeasable, then so is a Trainer.
Eoww, using others as tools. That sounds too much like items. :laugh:
If we want someone that controls monsters and can logically fight as well, look at a Fossil Fighter. They use pickaxes and control dinosaurs (Vivosaurs, actually, but those are still dinos).
Wait... is that from a Nintendo 1st/2nd party game=??? If so, give me music ideas, stage ideas, move set ideas, and game play stuff to show me all this! ;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That sounds too "Capcom vs."-ish. I think most of us would rather just keep the Pokémon Trainer (although allow switches of them to be quicker and each one to be independent), and have just Pokémon play as themselves.
I am talking about an entirely new Pokemon human newcomer that would use Pokemon as moves in battle. I don't think Pokemon Trainer should be changed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It might be neat, ChronoBound, but I wouldn't expect it. I would imagine the Pokemon Trainer we received in Brawl was part of a process of trying to figure out how to best represent the Trainer in Smash. If that's true, then the idea you're suggesting would likely have been on the cutting room floor.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Speaking of Megaman, hes in Project X Zone along with mah boi DEMITRI!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am talking about an entirely new Pokemon human newcomer that would use Pokemon as moves in battle. I don't think Pokemon Trainer should be changed.
You misunderstood was I was trying to get across, or maybe I didn't use the right words (probably the latter). What I was trying to get across was that I think the Pokémon Trainer should stay (with the same Pokémon), and all future Pokémon series playable newcomers should just be Pokémon independent of trainers or outside forces. ;)

While that is an interesting idea (and I vaguely remember it being mentioned), it sounds too much like what a person could do with items, specifically Pokéballs and assist trophies.
Speaking of Megaman, hes in Project X Zone
*waits for Sonic and Pac-Man and then for all 3 of those characters to be in Smash along with Snake and a bunch of Nintendo characters*

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@John- Metal Claw
Metal Madness
Metal Sonic
Metal Alloy

You welcome

@Falchion- Dimitri? The dude from World at War and Black Ops?

What in God's name is a "Project X Zone", anyway

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It might be neat, ChronoBound, but I wouldn't expect it. I would imagine the Pokemon Trainer we received in Brawl was part of a process of trying to figure out how to best represent the Trainer in Smash. If that's true, then the idea you're suggesting would likely have been on the cutting room floor.
I think Pokemon Trainer was also representing the starters that a player receives at the beginning of each Pokemon game as well as each stage in the Pokemon evolution.

I am contemplating a new Smash 4 roster and even have an Adventure Mode storyline written up (it was written years ago surprisingly), however, I am really trying to ascertain who would be the best pick to represent Black/White and Black/White 2. Victini, Genesect, and a "third candidate" are the ones I am thinking about, and each have their own merits and detractions.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I think they did as well as they could have with representing trainers in Brawl with Red. It's very representative of their role in the series.

I think we need to have a rule that all images must be collapsed. :bee:

I still think Victini > Genesect > Zoroark, but I would be okay with any of them. Really, I am not big on any of them in particular.

Also, I think Plusle and Minun would be the best non-5th Generation Pokémon who hasn't already been playable in Smash. They would be the only tag team I want. I imagine them having all the same moves, but different effects. Like if one has a up smash that can kill, the other has an up smash that can lead to combos. That would be pretty neat. :bee:

Well here's the thing: Mewtwo and Lucario were not just the most requested Pokémon for the next smash bros games, but they were also arguably the most popular Pokémon of their Generation. And they weren't just popular amongst Pokémon fans because they were overpowered (like Chnadeulure is). They were popular because they look awesome.

I'm not sure if we'll ever see that again in Pokémon. That is especially true since before Black and White were released, Game Freak and the Pokémon Company had revealed and hyped a few dozen different Pokémon. I mean, how likely is it that one Pokémon can become that much more popular than the other when they are all hyped about equally=???
Chandelure is considered awful amongst competitive players. Even with it having the highest Special Attack of all non-legends, it's Speed and Defense are so awful that even teaching it Trick Room won't do much for it. A Stone Edge from any Pokemon at the same level will almost always take it out. And all of this is coming from a Chandelure lover; it's seriously one of my favorite Pokemon ever.

It's popular because people think it looks cool, really. People know better than to think Chandelure will win them tournaments. They have Hydreigon for that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Use the COLLAPSE TAG Falchion!

@ Giant
The meta game must have changed then. I haven't looked up competitive Gen 5 Pokémon in well over a year! :laugh:
@John- Metal Claw
Metal Madness
Metal Sonic
Metal Alloy
I think I already used Metal Sonic... a few times! :laugh:
You welcome
Grammar win! :)
@Falchion- Dimitri? The dude from World at War and Black Ops?
What happens in Call of Duty should... DIE!!! Although the Demitri Falchion is from Dark Stalkers, which is cool by me. Just leave Call of Duty out of anything good! :awesome:
What in God's name is a "Project X Zone", anyway
It's some sort of Namco, SEGA, and Capcom strategy RPG crossover.[COLLAPSE="The confirmed charactesr so far are:"]Capcom: Ryu and Ken (Street Fighter), Mega Man X and Zero (Mega Man), Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry), Chris and Jill (Resident Evil).

Sega: Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars), Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter), Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA).

Namco Bandai: Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia), Kaito and Black Rose (.hack).

I'm still waiting for CLASSIC MEGA MAN (I'm not that big on Mega Man X or Zero), Sonic, and Pac-Man. :glare:[/COLLAPSE]

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I love Xiaoyu, but why Jin gotta be in that? **** him and his overrated ***, Kazuya and Heihachi or even Yoshi are way better than him

Hopefully Axel Stone and Blaze from Streets of Rage make it in, though

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Pokemon Trainer was also representing the starters that a player receives at the beginning of each Pokemon game as well as each stage in the Pokemon evolution.
Yerp. The idea you're suggesting isn't the best way to represent any of those ways of thought, though.

And I don't think BW2 is going to shake up the Pokemon speculation much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still want Roy's mama Lyn in Smash :(

Got any more ideas, Diddy?
Yeah, a sick lance spinning attack for his Side B that's work like a combination of Marth's Dancing Blade and Sheik's Chain in a way of controlling. A swing with the lance would be a sort of multi hitting attack doing like 3-4% damage each, but the last strike which would be a stab would be a very strong finisher. Think like ZSS's Side B's sweet spot, but more horizontal knockback and damage. It'd be a move which would be slightly risky, but highly rewarding, and like the Dancing Blade takes some skill to master, if not more.

Basically, for the Fire Emblem fans: think Epharaim's (FE: Sacred Stones) unpromoted critical hit.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yerp. The idea you're suggesting isn't the best way to represent any of those ways of thought, though.
The idea I am suggesting is not to represent those ways of thought, but to introduce an innovative Pokemon newcomer.

Toise envisions Mona as being this type of character, though personally I am not expecting a Wario newcomer, unless Sakurai holds off on adding Palutena for some reason.

In the past I really liked coming up with innovative character ideas and movesets for Smash Bros. The last such idea I came up with was Anna. I came up with Anna because I wanted to think of a FE character outside of Marth that was in more than two games in the series (not non-lords from Marth's games) and would definitely not be a flavor of the month. Though my idea for Anna was that she would be a Master Knight (a class from FE4 in which one can use every weapon type in FE, swords, lances, axes, bows, magic, and staffs).

The "third candidate" in regards to a Black/White and Black/White 2 newcomer is another such experimental character idea that I am looking into.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Then, you're still suggesting a Trainer kind of character, and I don't think that sort of playstyle is fitting for a Trainer. PRETTY MUCH WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET AT.

It puts the Trainer directly in the battle, which doesn't seem right for the character. The process of calling a Pokemon out may be kind of slow, which would mean the Trainer would also require quicker attacks (like for start of his A-combo) which may require him to throw a punch or something. Or use a spray bottle or whatever. Whatever it is, even though it's a neat idea, I don't think it's the best thing for the character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
YESSSSSSS ROSE FROM .HACK!! Woooooooo!

Love that game. LOVE.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ DEM COLLAPSE TAG!!!
In the past I really liked coming up with innovative character ideas and movesets for Smash Bros. The last such idea I came up with was Anna. I came up with Anna because I wanted to think of a FE character outside of Marth that was in more than two games in the series (not non-lords from Marth's games) and would definitely not be a flavor of the month. Though my idea for Anna was that she would be a Master Knight (a class from FE4 in which one can use every weapon type in FE, swords, lances, axes, bows, magic, and staffs).
You still do that to an extent. Heck, you have original move sets for several characters. :bee:
The "third candidate" in regards to a Black/White and Black/White 2 newcomer is another such experimental character idea that I am looking into.
The "third candidate" has been Genesect for quite some time, although his popularity is much less than Victini and Zoroark.
I don't think BW2 is going to shake up the Pokemon speculation much.
I'm unsure as to whether it will or not, depending on the storyline, new "forms" of Pokémon introduced, and possibly the new Pokémon it will introduce. It also depends on how Pokémon and Smash fans take any of these possible new additions to the Pokémon franchise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
:

The "third candidate" has been Genesect for quite some time, although his popularity is much less than Victini and Zoroark.
I am talking about the "third candidate" in regards to a possible Black/White and Black/White 2 newcomer. The characters I am considering are Victini, Genesect, and the "third candidate". I am not considering Zoroark.

D

Deleted member

@John: Lucario's only 119 lbs. If he was heavier than Snake in Brawl, he'd be heavier than Charizard, who's supposed to be 199 lbs.
Weight is already effed up with Mewtwo, do we really need to eff it up more?

I also haven't played Fossil Fighters nor it's sequel, but I beleive it is a 2nd Party.

EDIT: @Chrono: If you count Victini as a candidate, you sure as Hell should count Zoroark.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I never understood why Snake is so heavy.

He is not fat lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am talking about the "third candidate" in regards to a possible Black/White and Black/White 2 newcomer. The characters I am considering are Victini, Genesect, and the "third candidate". I am not considering Zoroark.
Why do you consider Victini?

I don't even see Victini as much of a contender anymore.

Zoroark is pretty much who I expect right now, unless Genesect, or a NEW BW Pokemon comes around.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
The idea I am suggesting is not to represent those ways of thought, but to introduce an innovative Pokemon newcomer.
Ehh, really just sounds like the kind of thing people come up with when they hate how Smash doesn't "show what a series can do." Both this and your FE idea are characters who try to do everything, and those are better in theory than they are in practice.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why do you consider Victini?

I don't even see Victini as much of a contender anymore.

Zoroark is pretty much who I expect right now, unless Genesect, or a NEW BW Pokemon comes around.
This is consideration for a personal fantasy roster of mine, not for what will actually happen in Smash 4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
EDIT: @Chrono: If you count Victini as a candidate, you sure as Hell should count Zoroark.
Even more APPALOLING is that he would put Genesect over Zoroark.

Anyway, I think having BW2 as SEQUELS to BW would IMPLY that it's more of a continuation of the story. Not some kind of Gen 6 deal with a new region and Pokemon. So if we're dealing with the exact same Pokemon (except for new Kyurem forms), then I don't think there's much to make a big deal about in terms of what to expect for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Unless, of course, BW2 ends up giving us a "Lucario". (If Zoroark is not already that.)

Maybe Krokorok will get some spotlight. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ehh, really just sounds like the kind of thing people come up with when they hate how Smash doesn't "show what a series can do." Both this and your FE idea are characters who try to do everything, and those are better in theory than they are in practice.
The Master Knight Anna idea is basically canonically nonsensical now since FE13 made Anna's class "Trickster", which is a thief-like class that uses knives and staffs.

I originally envisioned the idea of a playable Master Knight for Leaf (who was the lord of FE5, though Leaf was only a Master Knight in FE4 where he was not a lord).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I figure we would have known about that by now? I mean, it's coming out in like, two months? Having a mascot like that isn't much good if you're not showing its face everywhere all the time.

I guess it's possible for a Poke to get more involved in the story though. Who knows. Maybe Victini is the key to defeating the new Kyurem form or something. :awesome:

FIRE VS ICE?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@John: Lucario's only 119 lbs. If he was heavier than Snake in Brawl, he'd be heavier than Charizard, who's supposed to be 199 lbs.
Weight is already effed up with Mewtwo, do we really need to eff it up more?
Oh, okay, that makes sense then. I always thought Lucario was heavier, cause you know... he's made of STEEL!!! (like Superman!) :awesome:

Also, I think Snake's weight is somewhere around 220 pounds with all his gear adding about 10 pounds. Oh, and Mewtwo weighs 269 pounds. Mewtwo should totally be a heavyweight!
I also haven't played Fossil Fighters nor it's sequel, but I beleive it is a 2nd Party.
Okay. It sounds interesting... :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom