• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Shorts
Zelda and Sheik got their Ocarina of Time colors/looks in Brawl, which was good. I'd love to have their Twilight Princess looks in Smash Wii U and 3DS (unless they have Zelda Wii U looks), along with their Skyward Sword looks.

Also Fox, Falco, and Wolf could use some more outfits. Especially Wolf. DAT EYE PATCH!

Other than that, Mario (his Super Marion Sunshine shades and tropical shirt), Luigi (Mr. L!), Samus (various suits that actually look like said suits), the Pokémon Trainer (have him appear as several different selectable trainers), Sonic (Shadow look, maybe Metal Sonic), and Snake (Old Snake look and maybe a Big Boos look) area all that we could really use.

By the way, does me calling you shorts bug you=???
The point I was getting at is that 2/3 of the desires to the three IS big shots when Shadow Dragon was released have been fulfilled, only the FE6 desire is left. However, I guess placing Roy as FE13 DLC could serve as their chance to "properly introduce Roy".
And then they make him the only balanced Lord in said game... again... :laugh:

Seriously though, I only wish Fire Emblem 6 was a tad longer, had Eliwood playable (father+son combo = win), Hector playable in like some intro gaiden story
before he dies; I know he was hidden in said game, but I want more of that axe wielding broken son of a gun!
, and Lyn playable somewhere, possibly in the gaiden story.
Also, make her Roy's mother to make Roy more awesome).
Black/White 2 has real potential to upend the entire tea table in regards to Pokemon newcomer speculation. I am expecting Mewtwo returning no matter what though.
Yeah, Black and White could potentially make the Pokémon newcomer debate more interesting. The popularity contest between Zoroark and Victini (and Genesect on the side) could really spice up with some more... "competition." Most supporters of said characters aren't all that into them. What I mean by that is most of them (including myself) like the characters, but they don't love them. They wouldn't be too upset if they didn't make it. New Pokémon have the opportunity of changing these such opinions.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Okay, look at it similar to..... 3rd gen being skipped for 4th in some respects. If we get a new marketed Pokemon who outshines Zoroark, then, looks like he isn't the most recent Poster Child.

And Zoroark, like Lucario is the posterchild because he was marketed that way. Not just the movie. He was marketed HEAVILY.
Maybe I'm just oblivious, but I don't see how either of them were marketed heavily aside from the films and some events that let you obtain them. I mean, they were some of the first revealed in their generations, but that just means they got exposure because they were the only ones in the spotlight, and even then not much hoopla was made over them. The fact is, Zoroark and Lucario were sneak previews into 4th and 5th gens respectively, and that's the only reason they get remembered.

Or maybe I'm dumb and they were omnipresent before their gens, but I don't think they were.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you think about it, any potential new Pokémon designed exclusively for Black and White 2 are technically Gen 5.1, and any Pokémon designed for B&W3 or whatever that sequel is will be Gen 5.2! Great, now we're going to have to use decimals, timelines, and so forth to describe different Pokémon Generations! o.O :urg: :088:

@ Breadbug
Lucario was also, in a way, promoted as a preview Pokémon to "represent" the forthcoming 4th Generation of Pokémon. The other Pokémon that were promoted as such were... well... not memorable.

Zoroark was promoted a bit like that for the 5th Generation of Pokémon, but so were a few dozen other Pokémon, including Victini. Generation 5 hyped a lot of Pokémon, and thus we see a lot of diversity as to which 5th Generation Pokémon is considered the most popular.

Lucario had it all going popularity-wise. Huge pro-smash fan base, huge fan base amongst Pokémon fans, and he was really strong. That adds up to being popular with just about everyone like Mewtwo before him, although to a much smaller (but still pretty big) extent.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'm still indecisive as to who I want as a Gen V rep, although I do like Victini and Genesect a bit more than Zoroark.

Deoxys for a third-Gen rep, please!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Most preferred(to me) is Genesect.

Zoroark doesn't scream anything notable to me whatsoever. Victini doesn't either.

As for 3rd Gen, Deoxys is a great choice. I'm okay with Plusle & Minun too.(the most likely, to be fair)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just wish a Gen V rep was more clear cut. I mean, Lucario was obviously the most popular Gen IV Pokemon. Most Popular Gen V? Chandelure. Yep. Probably not happening (I'd love it to, though; he's my favorite Gen V Pokemon.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just wish a Gen V rep was more clear cut. I mean, Lucario was obviously the most popular Gen IV Pokemon. Most Popular Gen V? Chandelure. Yep. Probably not happening (I'd love it to, though; he's my favorite Gen V Pokemon.)
This may be a GameFreak choice, but it depends what B/W 2 holds.

If we can freely catch all the legendaries and have no downloads, it'll be easier.

At this point, we may just get Plusle & Minun, Mewtwo, (any Gen 2), plus the others back and call it a day.

Also, add in Meowth for good measure.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Pokemon series is pretty vast and the games don't really spend anytime on Pokemon or it's characters other than legendary Pokemon and N. So that's probably where the anime comes in..
I have been putting a lot of time into thinking what would be the best newcomer to represent Black/White and Black/White 2, as well as whom would be the most likely one to be added (which the more I think about it, may be two completely different things).

Before Pokemon Trainer was unveiled, a lot of people envisioned Red (Pokemon Trainer) to fight in battle himself but using Pokemon in his moves and specials. How feasible is this exactly? I am throwing around some ideas, and think it could be a pretty fun idea for a potential Pokemon newcomer, however, is having a character that uses Pokemon for his moves unfeasible (ie. the Pokemon basically coming out of nowhere for the attacks instead of out of a Pokeball).

vicgur

Smash Ace
So, I just finished Uprising... all chapters. Good storytelling, enjoyable characters, addicting gameplay... And there are still so much stuff to collect. I'm now attempting to collect as many Idols, weapons, and powers as possible.
All this content makes you want to see what Sm4sh/Smash3DS will have, doesn't it?

I'm 100% certain I want Palutena, Medusa, and Magnus in Smash... But the goddesses should get in first before Magnus... And Palutena should get in first before Medusa. I also want Eggplant Wizard and Centurion in Smash as Assist Trophies.
Before I played Uprising, I didn't support any of these. But now, Palutena is one of the characters that I most support.
Medusa and Magnus are fine, too. But Palutena is priority.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wario is the only character to get a costume in Brawl. Does that mean there has to be one for every character now so that Wario no longer has special treatment?
That would be tough to do for certain characters.

There are VERY few cartoons I love more than Ed, Edd n Eddy

And I'm probably the only one that wants Snag the Trophies back :(

Frankly, Snag the Trophies was rather lackluster, so I'd be better if Board the Platforms makes a comeback.

I wouldn't mind seeing Snag the Trophies come back. I'd also like to have a fight with the Polygons/Wire Frames/Alloys/Mysterious Small Fry Enemy Group/Whatever they happen to be during Classic Mode. Perhaps right before the Master Hand fight as it was in the first game.
One input that I had was that after "Race to the Finish!", you'd face a team of 30 Fighting Alloys, and then it's a free-for-all against three random opponents. After that, it's Master Hand (and Crazy Hand if the proper achievements are made).

I think Wario, Mario, and Zelda really need alternate costumes. Most others really don't IMO.
Mario, Wario, and King K. Rool seem to have the least amount of problems with getting alternate outfits, since their alter egos are one in the same.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have always supported both Palutena and Medusa since day one, that is, the day Uprising was announced. Most people flocked to Medusa because she is a female villain almost 2 years ago. Now? It is clear Palutena won most of the supporters from Medusa. As for me? That hasn't changed... I still support both.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
M+S Guy: is palutena a new addition to your sig, or am i hallucinating and she's always been there?

i support any new addition from uprising. the godesses don't strike me as smash bros (or bash sisters, if you prefer), but zelda didn't either pre-melee, so i'm keeping my mind open.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if people agree to this idea, but I think Squirtle and Ivysaur should be evolved for the next Smash.

A Venasaur/Charizard/Blastoise team would be epic, fit Red more, and represent all three of the original versions.

Only downside would be that it's three 2nd Stage Pokemon. To which I say too bad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will main Impa pretty badly. :awesome:

What's good? Back from paradise for a bit now lolz

GoldenY, wouldn't that make Pokémon Trainer an all heavy character then? I think Blastoise and Venusaur could work, but they'd likely be far heavier than Charizard is now. Especially Blastoise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is a reason Sakurai had Squirtle and Ivysaur instead of Blastoise and Venusaur. I believe it is for balance and variety. I mean, three heavyweights? What would Blastoise and Venusaur provide that Charizard couldn't? Or better yet, what would Blastoise and Venusaur provide that Squirtle and Ivysaur couldn't?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it was meant to be like that indeed. Ivysaur > Venusaur wouldn't be much of a change perhaps besides the obvious weight and power boosts (loss of speed to? Venusaur is pretty fat lol) but I feel Squirtle and Blastoise would be a huge huge difference.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
"What would Blastoise provide that Squirtle couldn't"

LOL. I wasn't gonna post today but I gotta comment on the stupidity on this part. Do you NOT see those big *** water cannons that Blastoise has and what Squirtle DOESN'T HAVE?

With that said, I still want Squirtle playable. That's why we need that alt character idea of Golden's and I to be implemented. You could have Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard while at the same having Bulbasaur/Charmeleon/Blastoise and Charmander/Wartortle/Venusaur as alt characters

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Again... what can Blastoise's cannons do that Squirtle's mouth cannot? Those cannons are likely to be used for shooting water.... so it would be just like Squirtle's Water Gun anyway.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blastoise

The afore-mentioned cannon spouts are remarkable adaptations, allowing a Blastoise to shoot water with great power and accuracy. The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel, while their bullets of water can precisely nail tin cans from a distance of over 160 feet. The spouts also allow for high-speed tackles. Despite being large and heavy, Blastoise can still move well on either two legs or all fours.
I rest my case

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thank you for proving my point. All it said was that Blastoise's cannons shoot water.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh god... can't believe I'm doing this. Look beyond the face value of both being able to shoot water. Squirtle's mouth may be able to SQUIRT water just like Blastoise's cannon can BLAST water, but the way those are done aren't the same

That's why I posted that excerpt from the article up there

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would perhaps be similar to each other yyeah but Blastoise's Water Gun / Hydro Pump likely would do damage. And perhaps could be spammed much like Melee's / 64's Pokeball Blastoise.

Also, I really can't see Blastoise pull of the same moves as Squirtle. Mostly the aerials would be troublesome. I picture him to just copy Squirtle of from.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
OMG! So, Blastoise's "Water Gun" would be what? A stronger version of Squirtle's "Water Gun"... this certainly makes Blastoise oh so unique! /sarcasm

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would still be more of a difference than Captain Falcon / Ganondorf :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
1. So one move that might be somewhat similar to the other (keyword: SOMEWHAT) somehow makes Blastoise not very unique? It's not like that's the only thing he can do, you know

2. Are a pistol and a semi-automatic assault rifle the same because they shoot bullets? Because that's pretty much the difference between Squirtle's Water GUN and Blastoise's Water CANNONS

Mischief_Maker92

Smash Cadet
I would think that there would be more differences between Squirtle's and Blastoise's moves than there were with Pikachu's and Pichu's moves. At least Squirtle or Blastoise wouldn't cause themselves damage.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why are we having this inane debate? By the end of the day, Blastoise is still a bigger/heavier/stronger/slower version of Squirtle with cannons on its back. Either way, I don't think we are getting a Blastoise/Venusaur/Charizard team. Why would Sakurai want to bother doing that when he could be using the time and resources to develop two or three potential non-clone Pokemon characters like Mewtwo, Meowth, Team Rocket, Zoroark, Victini, Genesect (he's got a cannon on his back), 2nd gen Pokemon Trainer, 3rd gen Pokemon Trainer, 4th gen Pokemon Trainer, and/or 5th gen Pokemon Trainer?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Sup guys.

New subject. I thought I'd ask this.
What do you guys think about maybe having
(Marx)

and
(Whambam Rock)/(Whambam Jewel)
being put in as bosses in the next smash?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We already have those bosses in Brawl. You know them as Tabuu, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
As an alt. like stated,of course it will : change voice
effect(water looks like lava/fire)
Badass sunglasses maybe

but:what's going to replace ivysaur's tentacle
They don't all do those attacks

So maybe...HEY,have the possibility to chose pokemons before the battle,being stats of the starters in pokemon,but as different stats,like a said,we could get many version,and it would make the trainer more special,he can change AND have different mixes!

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
We already have those bosses in Brawl. You know them as Tabuu, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand.
Yeah thats a good point but smash needs a little more Kirby. Plus, there's a lot more uniqueness between Whambam Rock and Jewel besides cosmetics; Jewel is a superhell of a lot harder than Rock, plus Marx also serves as a super hard boss in kirby. I feel these guys could fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom