• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah, give us Link, Young Link( or MM), and Toon Link in a Link slot and Mario , Doc, and Paper in a Mario slot for even stevens :smirk:

I really don't care for Paper Mario though.
To add , this should also happen for PT if we get more T's

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
@Oasis- Yep, it's even the Alec Baldwin MK3 version with the suspenders except he isn't completely shirtless this time

Not really, Wario got an alt in Brawl, did that mean every character had to get one as well?

And Gohan in the example we used was the only character like that in the game, as well

:phone:
Wasn't everybody making a stink out of that, though? That Wario got twice as many outfits as anyone else, I mean.

Wario is the only character to get a costume in Brawl. Does that mean there has to be one for every character now so that Wario no longer has special treatment?
Same.

As for Gohan, I've never played Budokai 1. I was under the impression that, given it's a DBZ game, a bunch of characters all had different forms like that, like in Tenkaichi or something.

D

Deleted member

Then we'd have to do that with other characters so Mario isn't the only one getting special treatment. So we could theoretically have Pichu in there as well, and Roy if he doesn't make it in as a full character.
Wario is the only character to get a costume in Brawl. Does that mean there has to be one for every character now so that Wario no longer has special treatment?

D

Deleted member

Wasn't everybody making a stink out of that, though? That Wario got twice as many outfits as anyone else, I mean.

As for Gohan, I've never played Budokai 1. I was under the impression that, given it's a DBZ game, a bunch of characters all had different forms like that, like in Tenkaichi or something.
In Budokai 1, there were three seperate Gohans. Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan, and the bonus Great Saiyaman (which is the superhero version of Adult Gohan).

On the select screen, there is only Kid Gohan. When you select him though, a little menu pops up where you can choose from Kid, Teen, and Saiyaman (if unlocked).
No other character has this in Budokai 1. What you're talking about in the Tenkaichi series are transformations, not alternate characters. Budokai 1 has them too, but you can't select them, you have to transform in-game.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
From a developer's standpoint, assuming every character has a costume, that's 100 ...entities? with different stats that would have to be balanced out in the core gameplay. Seems to me like a lot a work with negligible gain.

Not as negligible as Metal Overlord though.
Well again, balancing slight stat changes would take incredibly less time. The word entity is almost too big for what a stat-altering skin would actually be. If the character itself is balanced, altering the stats slightly will take very little balance work because the groundwork is known to be balanced. Not to mention it's not like we're taking Bowser and making him super fast, or Sonic and making him super slow, Ganondorf extremely light, Jigglypuff super heavy, etc.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
In Budokai 1, there were three seperate Gohans. Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan, and the bonus Great Saiyaman (which is the superhero version of Adult Gohan).

On the select screen, there is only Kid Gohan. When you select him though, a little menu pops up where you can choose from Kid, Teen, and Saiyaman (if unlocked).
No other character has this in Budokai 1. What you're talking about in the Tenkaichi series are transformations, not alternate characters. Budokai 1 has them too, but you can't select them, you have to transform in-game.
Ahh, okay, I was mixing that up worse than a blender. *poor comparison*

Very well. That could work for Doc, but I would also like to see it for other people as well. (I'm talking from a requested character standpoint here, not my weird special treatment argument from earlier.)

Still, I'm having trouble remembering. Didn't people dislike that Wario got double the costumes than everyone else, or am I mistaken?

D

Deleted member

When it comes down to it, it's perfectly reasonable why Wario has the costume while others don't. He has two iconic looks: Biker and Plumber.
And quote Sakurai
Sakurai said:
There may be some people who prefer this one. This is the "classic" Wario.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You can even apply our idea to characters to characters with significantly different height/size differences, since Great Saiyaman is a grown man while Kid and Teen Gohan also aren't the same size

Hell, not even their movesets were the exact same. It's foolproof, I tell ya

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
When it comes down to it, it's perfectly reasonable why Wario has the costume while others don't. He has two iconic looks: Biker and Plumber.
And quote Sakurai
Ha. Yes, I'm one of those who prefer the classic look. I always use it, in fact.

And I'm aware that it's reasonable. Quite so, even. However, "reasonable" isn't always in the vocabulary of the Smash Bros. fanbase, and I could've sworn I saw something criticizing that a while ago.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Weird. I searched google images for "DOOHICKIES" and Metal's avatar showed up. I think I need to sit down.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then we'd have to do that with other characters so Mario isn't the only one getting special treatment. So we could theoretically have Pichu in there as well, and Roy if he doesn't make it in as a full character.
That applies well for Toon Link and Young Link in the same slot.

If Impa has no chance of being fully different, she could do that with Sheik.(obviously Sheik comes first)

Regardless, this is where I stand on the matter.
I would've been fine with a costume too, it's just Sakurai that wouldn't. :urg:

I'm okay with alt costumes or new characters that share the same slot. Either works, really.

I think this is the best way to do it; You select the actual character, then press Z to get a new character. It would have to be unlocked by beating Classic with the EXACT character that you have a variation of.

This would be a much better incentive to go through Classic than with Brawl's, since it was mostly for some Trophies.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
That applies well for Toon Link and Young Link in the same slot.

If Impa has no chance of being fully different, she could do that with Sheik.(obviously Sheik comes first)

I would've been fine with a costume too, it's just Sakurai that wouldn't. :urg:

I'm okay with alt costumes or new characters that share the same slot. Either works, really.

I think this is the best way to do it; You select the actual character, then press Z to get a new character. It would have to be unlocked by beating Classic with the EXACT character that you have a variation of.

This would be a much better incentive to go through Classic than with Brawl's, since it was mostly for some Trophies.
I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea a bit.
I barely managed to suffer my way through Brawl's Classic Mode with every character. So slow...so boring...so repetitive...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Metal himself is a giant doohicky. :awesome:
@Kirbunny It gets even worse when your doing All Star Mode.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea a bit.
I barely managed to suffer my way through Brawl's Classic Mode with every character. So slow...so boring...so repetitive...
And so useless. Not to mention, you gotta go through it multiple times with characters like Shelda. What the hell was up with that idea? Just give us all those Trophies at once.

I think if it had some better mini-games, it wouldn't be so bad. But the fact that the matches are often identical to eachother is annoying. It was understandable in the 1st Smash, and it was still fun due to how you got random partners. Likewise, first time.

Melee severely improved upon it, keeping it random. So why did Brawl dumb it down? Maybe if he spent less time on the SSE... :urg:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
And so useless. Not to mention, you gotta go through it multiple times with characters like Shelda. What the hell was up with that idea? Just give us all those Trophies at once.

I think if it had some better mini-games, it wouldn't be so bad. But the fact that the matches are often identical to eachother is annoying. It was understandable in the 1st Smash, and it was still fun due to how you got random partners. Likewise, first time.

Melee severely improved upon it, keeping it random. So why did Brawl dumb it down? Maybe if he spent less time on the SSE... :urg:
I'm hoping the adventure mode for Sm4sh will be much better. The SSE was fun the first time around, but after that it gets boring.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm hoping the adventure mode for Sm4sh will be much better. The SSE was fun the first time around, but after that it gets boring.
I find it sad that it was still overall more interesting than Classic and All-Star. :c

Atleast it had some meat to it. Not great, though.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Y'know what pissed me off the most about Subspace? I went out of my way and beaten it in Intense Mode and GOT **** ALL!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really liked Subspace, actually. But you know what pissed me off about it? Getting 100% but you get absolutely NOTHING for a reward.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
@Kirbunny It gets even worse when your doing All Star Mode.
You're right about that. I have no idea how my girlfriend managed it so quickly. I'm not even half done, and I've had the game since release.

This this THIS. Especially the bold. Why the heck did we only get (a very crappy version of) Target Test in this game? I want me some Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish in SSB4!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
you're right about that. I have no idea how my girlfriend managed it so quickly. I'm not even half done, and i've had the game since release.

This this this. Especially the bold. Why the heck did we only get (a very crappy version of) target test in this game? i want me some board the platforms and race to the finish in ssb4!
this all day!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This this THIS. Especially the bold. Why the heck did we only get (a very crappy version of) Target Test in this game? I want me some Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish in SSB4!
And Trophy Collector. It's going to be long, so give us some good stuff to do.

The fact they took out Board the Platforms was already poppycock. But I could handle it. However, really, two Target Tests? That was just lame. Just give us one(PER CHARACTER OR ATLEAST FRANCHISE) and Race to the Finish. We would've been fine with that. Hell, they could've atleast kept Race to the Finish anyway. Three mini-games should've stayed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was just thinking SNAG THE TROPHIES would be more fun if the GOAL changed positions. Higher difficulty SNAG stages could have more shifting goals. The trophies would also fall faster.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I really liked Subspace, actually. But you know what pissed me off about it? Getting 100% but you get absolutely NOTHING for a reward.
Well, no one usually wants to 100% a game anyway enless they are one of the people who like to 100% games (like me). The best reason for getting 100% is just for the satisfaction of being able to say you beat it 100%. Lot of games usually don't give you a reward for complete 100% anyway.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind seeing Snag the Trophies come back. I'd also like to have a fight with the Polygons/Wire Frames/Alloys/Mysterious Small Fry Enemy Group/Whatever they happen to be during Classic Mode. Perhaps right before the Master Hand fight as it was in the first game.

And now a word from our sponsor:
"Super Smash Brawl 2 - Deal! Get great deals on Super Smash Brawl 2!"
Seems legit.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Definitely down for that idea, Oasis. Seems like something would Sakurai do if he ever brought STT back. Maybe some different backgrounds based on DIFFICULTY (not series) would be nice, too?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I just hope that Sakurai has a few researchers that are looking for modes people do/don't want and how he can change others. :/

I also finished my stage concept, mostly. I need more music, is all. I need a computer to finish it up and find a picture.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In some cases you'd essentially be asking for a new character. :V

Changing stats for costumes is a bad idea.
I don't think that would be all that bad. I mean, getting a clone who doesn't take up a slot isn't that bad of an idea. I think Doc as alt. costume, and Pichu as a model swap is a very good idea.

I think Young Link should just replace Toon Link. Or even better, Tingle replace both.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I used to hate the idea of Tingle being in Smash, but now idgaf

I honestly don't really care who gets in Smash as long as I get the characters I want (Mewtwo, Roy, Goroh, K. Rool, etc)

Well, except Daisy and the Baby Marios. **** them

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I hated Subspace.. I was 12 when I got SSBB and it took me two days to clear the adventure mode but the Great Maze is that what it's called I forget? Was just a giant waste of time I want the Melee adventure mode back with a few cutscenes.

Anyway I was playing Kid Icarus Uprising today.. and call me crazy but I'd actually like to see Dark Pit get in as a Kid Icarus rep sure he might be a clone but he's pretty damn awesome or at least I think he is.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I like how I say something and then people are like "Uhhh I don't know man" and then *insert X amount of time later* they are with it.

Fickle crowd, huh? :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Starfy is in the main story of Sm4sh, I'd like to see him as a comic character like Luigi and Dedede.

I'd hope Starfy would be in an area like the Research Facility(maybe Pokémon's Power Plant), dancing to a Starfy song(like Luigi's first cutscene's music), when he hits a button and releases a boss. He stares with large eyes, and runs for his life. :laugh:

I don't have the link, but y'all can just look it up. I'd hope Starfy would run to this.

The Legendary Starfy- Cook Those Dumplings

Just thinking about it makes me laugh. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom