• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
---: I was hoping no one would notice :lol:

Anyway, here is a short list of stages that I think SSB4 needs. Definitely not an exhaustive list.

Bowser Castle
Rainbow Road
Gangplank Galleon
Elite Four/N's Castle
Tourian
Punch-Out ring
Skyloft
A new Kid Icarus stage (Underworld?)
Gyromite stage
Pikmin 3 Stage
Dr. Wily's Castle
Wuhu Island
Mole Mania stage (Jinbe's Garden :cool:)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, Bowser's home stage was at least from one of his games in Super Mario World, but there's clearly a lot more he could draw on than Yoshi's Island.

At least none of the Melee stages were shoehorned in just for the sake of giving a character a home stage (two Fire Emblem stages would have been pushing it, for example).

The guaranteed stages for SSBU at this point appear to be something from Super Mario Galaxy, and a Punch-Out!! boxing ring for Little Mac (a guaranteed character).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The only stages I'm betting on would be:

Mario Galaxy stage (either the Observatory or Starship Mario)
Skyward Sword stage
Other M stage
DKC Returns stage
A stage from Marth's FE games (includes FE1-3,13)
Wuhu Island
Uprising Stage

"Also waits for Star to make another stage list."

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Well, Bowser's home stage was at least from one of his games in Super Mario World, but there's clearly a lot more he could draw on than Yoshi's Island.

At least none of the Melee stages were shoehorned in just for the sake of giving a character a home stage (two Fire Emblem stages would have been pushing it, for example).

The guaranteed stages for SSBU at this point appear to be something from Super Mario Galaxy, and a Punch-Out!! boxing ring for Little Mac (a guaranteed character).
also Tourian, if the Metroid Stage pattern doesn't change.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would love to see Gangplank Galleon in the game, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. A DKCR stage is another guarantee, but after that, I have doubts about another Country stage, as awesome as it would be to see it revived alongside K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

You guys know that image Arcadenik did for Toad to send on Sakurai's Twitter? I'm going to do the same thing for Meta Ridley (And include the image of him compared to Bowser, to give Sakurai an idea on how he could work).

Wish me luck. :)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Starfy stage. Guaranteed. And when it happens, it will have water. No question. Preferably either Sogwood Forest or the sunken ship level(with those shark things as hazards).

D

Deleted member

I forget who made it in this thread last summer, but I think this one is even better!

I'll edit it in here momentarily.

Ah, that image.
But you see, the thing is...I'm making a Meta Ridley image. And I think Ridley should be larger than Bowser anyway, even if it's mostly the wings.
Thanks anyway, though. :)

EDIT: I'm also trying to avoid using English descriptions as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not a Palutena fan Shorts?
Meh, I don't mind her. I prefer Medusa, and I prefer adding other characters over her. Nothing against her. I LIKE Medusa though.

May as a 3rd gen PT? Hell yeah

No Mewtwo doe?
You win some, you lose some. All I know is I would rather have this roster and no Mewtwo, than anything else I can think of. Mewtwo is cool and all, like Palutena, I just prefer other characters over him.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does anyone think Sakurai will actually take inspiration from what people write to him on Twitter? He obviously won't listen to everything we say, but it would be foolish to block out -everything- that comes his way, right?

If this is the big trend, I need someone to translate the following into Japanese:

"Costumes, not brothers!"

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Does anyone think Sakurai will actually take inspiration from what people write to him on Twitter? He obviously won't listen to everything we say, but it would be foolish to block out -everything- that comes his way, right?

If this is the big trend, I need someone to translate the following into Japanese:

"Costumes, not brothers!"
Can't you use google translate?

Edit: 衣装ではなく、兄弟!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No. Sakurai is going to look at the Brawl polls, the new poll (if he does it in time), and that's it. People, he doesn't care much about what you think.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What brawl polls?
How old are you?

And he sent out a questionaire during the development of Brawl. I have a STRONG feeling he will look to those to see character suggestions. One of the reasons I see Krystal, Ridely, Goroh, and a lot of PREBRAWL hyped characters getting in.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why doesn't anyone ever think Ridley could set his own standard and be the tallest of the cast?

Just saiyan.

yani

Smash Lord
Meh, I don't mind her. I prefer Medusa, and I prefer adding other characters over her. Nothing against her. I LIKE Medusa though.
Yeah that's cool, Medusa is definitely a solid pick too. IMO having both and giving
Hades
the boss spot just makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Why doesn't anyone ever think Ridley could set his own standard and be the tallest of the cast?

Just saiyan.
Ah, that image.
But you see, the thing is...I'm making a Meta Ridley image. And I think Ridley should be larger than Bowser anyway, even if it's mostly the wings.Thanks anyway, though. :)

EDIT: I'm also trying to avoid using English descriptions as well.
Between you and the Namekian, I think I've lost my touch at genocide. :troll:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
How old are you?

And he sent out a questionaire during the development of Brawl. I have a STRONG feeling he will look to those to see character suggestions. One of the reasons I see Krystal, Ridely, Goroh, and a lot of PREBRAWL hyped characters getting in.
Look at my edit, I didn't realize you said BRAWL poll.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I want Bowser to be EVEN BIGGER than he was in Brawl. And then Ridley can come in at a smaller size.

D

Deleted member

Hey, now. You should know by now that I don't pay attention to details. :troll:

I kinda ignored that post cuz want RIDLEY. NO META. :troll:
Meta Ridley.
Your point? It's still Ridley. Anything vanilla Ridley can do, Meta Ridley can do as well. And in that state, he can do even more.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The only stages I'm betting on would be:

Mario Galaxy stage (either the Observatory or Starship Mario)
Skyward Sword stage
Other M stage
DKC Returns stage
A stage from Marth's FE games (includes FE1-3,13)
Wuhu Island
Uprising Stage

"Also waits for Star to make another stage list."
Heeheehee

Here are the stages from games I am confident we will be seeing, 99.99%:

Super Mario Galaxy - [Starship Mario]
New Super Mario Bros. Wii/Mii - [Bowser's Castle]
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - [Skyloft]
Donkey Kong Country Returns - [Sunset Shores]
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - [Cookie Country]
Kirby's Epic Yarn - [Patch Land]
Metroid Prime Trilogy - [Phaaze or Skytown: Elysia]
Metroid: Other M - [Geothermal Power Plant]
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - [Urban Ruins]
Punch Out!! - [The Ring]
Xenoblade - [Gaur Plains]
Wii Sports Resort - [WuHu Island]
Rhythm Heaven Fever - [Remix]
Pikmin 3 - [Some level]
Earthbound - [Saturn Valley]

Kid Icarus: Uprising - [Underworld, or something else]
Pokémon Black and White II - [Some stage that we don't know]
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - [Elemental Lighthous]
Luigi's Mansion 2 - [Luigi's Greater Mansion]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Meta Ridley.
Your point? It's still Ridley. Anything vanilla Ridley can do, Meta Ridley can do as well. And in that state, he can do even more.
Meh. Still want my vanilla... What a weird ice cream man, telling me what to get... :troll: :awesome: :laugh:

Ya know, I want to make a Sogwood Forest stage concept now...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

This is my ultimate roster.
I have absolutely no idea why someone would include Medusa over Palutena, or includes the likes of Sheeda and Micaiah over Roy (who is by far more popular than both of those characters). There are some other poor choices, but those stuck at as the worst. Poor roster overall.

Anyway, the possibility of new Pokemon introduced in Black/White 2 could possibly make both Zoroark and Victini out the of the running. If Genesect has a new storyline event in Black/White 2, then he could be our choice. However, there could just as easily be a plethora of new legendaries introduced in that game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I recently saw a Japanese suggestion to replace Pit's Final Smash with the Three Sacred Treasures.

D

Deleted member

But....doesn't he already use them in his specials?

Great Sacred Treasure > Three Sacred Treasures.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything, I'd put some Muddy Mole moveset ideas on Sakurai's Twitter, if it weren't for the facts that he likely won't look at them, I don't know Japanese, and I lack any artistic ability...

But either way, if some sort of character poll comes out...it's gonna be hectic. Every man for himself and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom