• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
For female reps, the one ones I see with a decent chance are Medusa, Dixie Kong, and maybe Palutena.We have yet to see a non-Lord make an appearance as a playable character. Her biggest problem is that she is a knight and if a new Fire Emblem game comes with a new Lord, her chances mostly goes down the drain. I have my doubts about a third Fire Emblem rep being playable unless a new game gets announced soon.

And you contradict yourself by saying that she's very likely but then saying unless a new game come, a new Fire Emblem rep is not likely.
I didn't contradict myself, I meant to say if we don't see a new FE lord we aren't going to see a new FE Lord, what I mean is we'll most likely see another FE rep from the older games instead, and I don't see why FE shouldn't get another rep, you forget it's has a high influence on the Japenese not just the U.S.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Thats spot on for the Director's concern for something like pokemon, a franchise with a tremendous library to choose from. I can see generation involvement in many different ways.

-

What concerns me about the train of thought on a subject like relevancy is : just 'how' relevant? New games like the next kirby one linger in the air, and a new DK game was just released not too long ago. From what I can gather, the realm of development has a sense of capping possible creativity even though new games (that could contribute well to the series) are on the horizon. I noted many strange phenomena like this happening when brawl was released.
How relevant? If Melee and Brawl were any indication, the last major release or the next one in development at the start of the Smash game's development is what he's referring to. For example, Mario's last major game was Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) and his next major one is Super Mario 3D (2012 at the earliest). For SSB4 that would mean that 2011 is the cutoff date so if it hasn't been released or isn't in development yet, it gets left out.

D

Deleted member

I didn't contradict myself, I meant to say if we don't see a new FE lord we aren't going to see a new FE Lord, what I mean is we'll most likely see another FE rep from the older games instead, and I don't see why FE shouldn't get another rep, you forget it's has a high influence on the Japenese not just the U.S.
If taking remakes into considerations, if we get a new Fire Emblem rep, it won't be from the old games, it'll be from the remakes. As for Caeda, right now, I don't think she has a good chance now, but she is more of a "Wait and see" since I'll need more information and more time before I can come to a full conclusion, especially since there are characters from other series with much higher demands then Caeda.

OmegaXXII

Maybe so, but I just want to point out that she isn't complety out of the question, even if more high demanded characters such as Takumaru and Ridley are more of a priority :/

I believe Takamaru has a decent chance because he's retro, but I can't really say much since I've don't know much about him.

D

Deleted member

Maybe so, but I just want to point out that she isn't complety out of the question, even if more high demanded characters such as Takumaru and Ridley are more of a priority :/

I believe Takamaru has a decent chance because he's retro, but I can't really say much since I've don't know much about him.
Him being retro is debatable. He hasn't appeared in a new game yet, but he has made an appearance in Captain Rainbow, WarioWare D.I.Y., and a remake inside the Wii version of Samurai Warriors 3. That's why I don't lump him into the retro group.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The biggest things that Takamaru has going for him right now are:

1. The fact that the Mystery of Murasame Castle is one of Sakurai's favorite games (along with the original Punch Out).

2. The fact that he's had a decent number of cameos in recent years.

3. Takamaru's one of the few characters that Sakurai has mentioned by name in interviews.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
One of Sakurai's favourite games? That's pretty cool. By "original" Punch-Out!! does that mean the Arcade or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!?

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice said:
2. The fact that he's had a decent number of cameos in recent years.
It also helps that Sakurai said if he appeared in his own game, he would consider him. If the remake of The Mysterious Murasame Castle in Samurai Warriors 3 counts, that means Sakurai will almost certainly be considering putting Takamaru in. That's why I put him as among the ten most likely newcomers in SSB4. However, I'd like to know why Sakurai mentioning Takamaru in interview helps his chances.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It also helps that Sakurai said if he appeared in his own game, he would consider him. If the remake of The Mysterious Murasame Castle in Samurai Warriors 3 counts, that means Sakurai will almost certainly be considering putting Takamaru in. That's why I put him as among the ten most likely newcomers in SSB4.
Let's remember that Sakurai considered him a good seven to ten years ago. It's been a while, his opinion may have changed, and he could already have some sort of plan already schemed out. BUT, if were going off interviews and hard evidence like that, let's hope he adds Krystal to make up for the fact that he didn't know who she was. x) Sakurai fail.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One of Sakurai's favourite games? That's pretty cool. By "original" Punch-Out!! does that mean the Arcade or Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!?
The one on the NES. He mentioned three games as his favorites and they were all on the NES. I forgot what the third game was though...

It also helps that Sakurai said if he appeared in his own game, he would consider him. If the remake of The Mysterious Murasame Castle in Samurai Warriors 3 counts, that means Sakurai will almost certainly be considering putting Takamaru in. That's why I put him as among the ten most likely newcomers in SSB4.
He's pretty much this generation's Pit. After Melee, people were like "you know, Pit would be cool in Smash Bros" and the same thing has pretty much happened with Takamaru except the support seems more widespread especially with all the major cameos in the past four years.

OmegaXXII

It also helps that Sakurai said if he appeared in his own game, he would consider him. If the remake of The Mysterious Murasame Castle in Samurai Warriors 3 counts, that means Sakurai will almost certainly be considering putting Takamaru in. That's why I put him as among the ten most likely newcomers in SSB4. However, I'd like to know why Sakurai mentioning Takamaru in interview helps his chances.
Sakurai may have mentione Takamaru as a possibility, but like shortie mentioned, that interview was at least 5 years ago, he opinions about a said character may have changed by now, but that's not to say he isn't a possibility, it solely depends on whether or not Sakurai is in favor of him this time around.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You have to consider though that he has a lot more going for him now than he did back then. At the time of the interview we're all talking about the GBA rerelease hadn't even been released yet, Takamaru was still a character who had never appeared outside of Japan, and he hadn't had an appearance in anything since the NES days.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I would be fine with Takamaru if they added Black Shadow and another FE rep other than Lyn. I just don't want to see a ton of Katana users added suddenly.

D

Deleted member

@Fatmanonice: Do you think that Takamaru would be a starter or an unlockable? I'm guessing the latter since I don't think he'll be available from the start.

@Shortiecanbrawl: Considering that Sakurai consider Takamaru's game one of his favorite game, I would not be surprise if he remember that he would consider Takamaru if he appeared in another game of his own and a remake IMO counts well enough.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Usually we've had two retros each game.

Ice Climbers were starter in Melee, G & W was last unlock usually.
Pit was starter, ROB was later unlock.

I think that the more crazy, out there retro's would be the unlock. Takamaru would probably be more like Pit, who'd be revealed early.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Usually we've had two retros each game.

Ice Climbers were starter in Melee, G & W was last unlock usually.
Pit was starter, ROB was later unlock.

I think that the more crazy, out there retro's would be the unlock. Takamaru would probably be more like Pit, who'd be revealed early.
I would love to see:

Takamaru is the starter in SSB4, with Bubbles being the unlockable.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting the feeling that we're going to be seeing the opposite this time around.

If we get a retro character, the WTF one would be the starter and Takamaru being the unlockable. But I don't care about who is a starter or who is unlockable that much, just if they get in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not quite so important, I'm sure that there are numerous ways to play smash brothers that don't require such a luxury. So what is it? Why do we even want another installment? Better balancing for competetive play? Highly unlikely to happen. A chance at redemption? I'm sure the designers couldn't give a hoot about how we feel about their product. And, due that that reality, we have hacked versions of brawl.

I know this is getting long by now, but in summation the last thing that I can come up with is that it has become expected, each console thus far has had one. But wait a minute, from what I can recall in an interview, Brawl was intended to represent the absolute last installment in the franchise. Except with trilogies becoming a thing of the past, another game just gets to happen. I figure, and this is me, that alloting proper time for development, would weaken our desires for another game. My point? When it comes down to it, we each want XYZ character to play with, giving us just enough incentive to request more out of the next installment.
Why do we want another installment? Because a vast majority of us have beaten Brawl and it's been three years. That's simply how the entertainment industry works. They spend several years making a game and we beat it in about month and then sit on our hands until the next game comes out if it was popular enough to warrant a sequel. It's just basic consumerism I guess.

The interview your are referring to was in 2006 and, at the time, Sakurai really didn't want to direct Brawl but got suckered into because of artistic pride (Iwata said that without him they were just going to re-release Melee with updated graphics and online features). By E3 2008, his attitude greatly turned around and he not only said that he enjoyed directing Brawl but that he was already thinking of new ideas for the next game. Also, it should be noted that it was Sakurai's idea to have both a WiiU and 3DS version of this game showing that he's either out of his head nuts or really enjoys the series.

Also, you're right, character speculation is one of the things that keeps fan support strong despite long development times sometimes hurting a franchise's popularity *points a giant foam finger at Zelda*. Unlike a lot of other games, asking "what if" with Smash Bros is a lot more open ended because, considering how Smash Bros is basically a combination of all Nintendo franchises, there are a lot of different directions they could go with it.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Now your talking, Caeda definetly has a chance at it, why you ask? Well...

- She has and plays a significant role in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon along Marth who is already an established character in the Smash series.

-Would offer unique possibilities such as a Lance rather than the tiring cast of Sword users, has room to work with and potentially a fast character.

-The argument about her riding a Peguses would be invalid, just like Captain Falcon she can be adjusted to play just as any other unit, or in this case other Smash characters.

-She is a female, Smash needs more females to represent Smash.

Aside from those, she definetly has a good chance and the fact that Shadow Dragon sold quite well also works in her favor.

Final Smash Idea: Summons her troop of Peguses Knights, rides they in air and she perform the ultimate Triangle Attack with of course consist of 3 lance users.

Omega my man, as much as I love Caeda I assure she has a low chance to get (unless a group of Japanese fans did a petition to Sakurai about her )....Pegasus Knight argument is quite valide you are comparing Fire Emblem (involve alot of Fighting) with F-Zero (which barely involve any fighting.)....I'm Sorry but Caeda is the worst candidate for Fire Emblem....and BTW I played the game and she doesn't have that big of a role, Elincia from FE:Radian Dawn had a bigger role and I'm a fanboy of this girl :D but I know she barely has a chance because she rides a Pegasus to. Out best choices for a girl it's either Lyndis (green hair fan) or sadly Micaiah....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Omega my man, as much as I love Caeda I assure she has a low chance to get (unless a group of Japanese fans did a petition to Sakurai about her )....Pegasus Knight argument is quite valide you are comparing Fire Emblem (involve alot of Fighting)
No it isn't. she isn't fused to the freaking pony. She can just not use it. Next reason why she shouldn't be in the game.

I'm Sorry but Caeda is the worst candidate for Fire Emblem....and BTW I played the game and she doesn't have that big of a role, Elincia from FE:Radian Dawn had a bigger role and I'm a fanboy of this girl :D but I know she barely has a chance because she rides a Pegasus to.
Oh, the next reason is "She just can't" because she isn't that important. On the FEWiki she is listed as the second most important character in that game. I don't know much about the series, so take that with a grain of salt.

You then end your reasoning with the Pony arguement again. (Not that big of a deal. it never was, and will never be)

Out best choices for a girl it's either Lyndis (green hair fan) or sadly Micaiah....
Here is something that I can actually agree with. She may not get in because she has competition. Not because she has a horse, or her role is small. (All peach does is sit a castle being captured for almost all the Mario games. She techinacally does nothing.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Peach and Caeda are not comparable... Peach has probably been in close to 100 games, is playable in nearly all the Mario spinoffs, has pretty much been in at least one game a year since 1985, and even stars in her own game. Caeda and Peach are on two totally different ends of the spectrum.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
No it isn't. she isn't fused to the freaking pony. She can just not use it. Next reason why she shouldn't be in the game.

Oh, the next reason is "She just can't" because she isn't that important. On the FEWiki she is listed as the second most important character in that game. I don't know much about the series, so take that with a grain of salt.

You then end your reasoning with the Pony arguement again. (Not that big of a deal. I never was, and will never be)

Here is something that I can actually agree with. She may not get in because she has competition. Not because she has a horse, or her role is small. (All peach does is sit a castle being captured for almost all the Mario games. She techinacally does nothing.)
See depending on all the information of Fire Emblem we got....all the characters from Fire Emblem has their moves taken from the series all the stances eve Ike (Bolganone) and trust me if a Horse riding Lord stand a chance than that would be Siglud:

I don't know where I read this but I remember someone said that he was intended to be included instead of Roy...and I think he was the supposed Fire Emblem represent-or of SSB64.....

and in Japan (among all the FE fans) his game is considered the best Fire Emblem ever made.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
See depending on all the information of Fire Emblem we got....all the characters from Fire Emblem has their moves taken from the series all the stances eve Ike (Bolganone) and trust me if a Horse riding Lord stand a chance than that would be Siglud:

I don't know where I read this but I remember someone said that he was intended to be included instead of Roy...and I think he was the supposed Fire Emblem represent-or of SSB64.....

and in Japan (among all the FE fans) his game is considered the best Fire Emblem ever made.
That's just a rumor. I think it was because someone made up a rumor that some character was intended to be in both 64 and Melee. It was because that character was supposedly Sakurai's favorite FE character. I don't remember who it was, but I know that this said character isn't Sakurai's fave. It's someone else. Do you like how mysterious this was? :awesome:

I'll go look up who it was now.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
That's why I have no idea who the next Fire Emblem rep is going to be or if we're getting any at all.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That's just a rumor. I think it was because someone made up a rumor that some character was intended to be in both 64 and Melee. It was because that character was supposedly Sakurai's favorite FE character. I don't remember who it was, but I know that this said character isn't Sakurai's fave. It's someone else. Do you like how mysterious this was? :awesome:

there you go :). that guy.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

I see.... I stand corrected than :).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Many people assume it is Siglud when it is not.
Sakurai’s favorite Fire Emblem character (at least, at the time this statement was written) is Nabarl. The only reason I’m putting this here is because a lot of people believed that his favorite character was Sigurd (or Siglud), the protagonist of the fourth Fire Emblem, and along with that idea came the rumor that he was planned for SSB64 or something. Neither of those are true.
And here is the proof.

OmegaXXII

Omega my man, as much as I love Caeda I assure she has a low chance to get (unless a group of Japanese fans did a petition to Sakurai about her )....Pegasus Knight argument is quite valide you are comparing Fire Emblem (involve alot of Fighting) with F-Zero (which barely involve any fighting.)....I'm Sorry but Caeda is the worst candidate for Fire Emblem....and BTW I played the game and she doesn't have that big of a role, Elincia from FE:Radian Dawn had a bigger role and I'm a fanboy of this girl :D but I know she barely has a chance because she rides a Pegasus to. Out best choices for a girl it's either Lyndis (green hair fan) or sadly Micaiah....
Well Ike-Sama, who do you suggest?

D

Deleted member

Anyone think that Nabral stands a chance? Did she appear in the remake? Surely Sakurai's biasness may influence him enough to put her in this time around.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How relevant? If Melee and Brawl were any indication, the last major release or the next one in development at the start of the Smash game's development is what he's referring to. For example, Mario's last major game was Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) and his next major one is Super Mario 3D (2012 at the earliest). For SSB4 that would mean that 2011 is the cutoff date so if it hasn't been released or isn't in development yet, it gets left out.
Yes, I agree with this. This shows in 64, Melee, and Brawl when it comes to characters and stages.

Super Smash Bros. 64 (NES, SNES, N64, GB, 1985 - 1998)

[COLLAPSE="SSB 64"]Mario = Super Mario World (SNES, 1990) and Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
Donkey Kong = Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)
Link = The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES, 1991) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998)
Samus = Super Metroid (SNES, 1994)
Yoshi = Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES, 1995) and Yoshi's Story (N64, 1997)
Kirby = Kirby Super Star (SNES, 1996) and Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES, 1997)
Fox = Star Fox (SNES, 1993) and Star Fox 64 (N64, 1997)
Pikachu = Pokemon Red & Blue (GB, 1996) and Pokemon Yellow (GB, 1998)
Luigi = Super Mario World (SNES, 1990) and Super Mario All-Stars (SNES, 1993)
Captain Falcon = F-Zero (SNES, 1990) and F-Zero X (N64, 1998)
Ness = EarthBound (SNES, 1994)
Jigglypuff = Pokemon Red & Blue (GB, 1996)

Peach's Castle = Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
Kongo Jungle = Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)
Hyrule Castle = The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES, 1991)
NOTE: SSB64 was developed at the same time as Zelda: OOT so it is likely Sakurai picked Hyrule Castle because it was an important location in Zelda: ALTTP but it is designed to resemble the OOT version
Planet Zebes = Super Metroid (SNES, 1994)
Yoshi's Island = Yoshi's Story (N64, 1997)
Dream Land = Kirby Super Star (SNES, 1997)
NOTE: Spring Breeze is a remake of Kirby's Dream Land (GB, 1992) in Kirby Super Star.
Sector Z = Star Fox 64 (N64, 1997)
Saffron City = Pokemon Red & Blue (GB, 1996)
Mushroom Kingdom = Super Mario Bros. (NES, 1985)
NOTE: This can be also advertisement for Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Game Boy Color in 1999.[/COLLAPSE]
Super Smash Bros. Melee (NES, N64, GB, GBA, 1985 - 2001)

[COLLAPSE="Melee"]Bowser = Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996) and Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance (GBA, 2001)
Peach = Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996) and Super Mario Advance (GBA, 2001)
Zelda / Sheik = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998)
Ice Climbers = Ice Climber (NES, 1985)
NOTE: The Ice Climbers were added only to represent the NES era, not because they were relevant nor contemporary.
Marth = Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (SNES, 1994)
Mewtwo = Pokemon Red & Blue (GB, 1996)
Mr. Game & Watch = Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GB, 1999)
Dr. Mario = Dr. Mario 64 (N64, 2000)
Ganondorf = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998)
Falco = Star Fox 64 (N64, 1997)
Young Link = The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998) and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, 2000)
Pichu = Pokemon Gold & Silver (1999)
Roy = Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (GBA, 2002)
NOTE: Roy was likely added to advertise his game.

Icicle Mountain = Ice Climber (NES, 1985)
Princess Peach's Castle = Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
Kongo Jungle = Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)
Great Bay = The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64, 2000)
Yoshi's Story = Yoshi's Story (N64, 1997)
Fountain of Dreams = Kirby's Adventure (NES, 1993)
NOTE: This can be also advertisement for Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land for the Game Boy Advance in 2002.
Corneria = Star Fox 64 (N64, 1997)
Rainbow Cruise = Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996)
Jungle Japes = Donkey Kong 64 (N64, 1999)
Temple = Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES, 1988)
NOTE: It is likely they named it "Temple" instead of "Palace" is to capitalize on the success of Zelda: OOT where the dungeons are called "temples".
Yoshi's Island = Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA, 2001)
Green Greens = Kirby's Star Stacker (GB, 1997)
Venom = Star Fox 64 (N64, 1997)
Brinstar = Super Metroid (SNES, 1994)
Onett = EarthBound (SNES, 1994)
Mute City = F-Zero X (N64, 1998)
Pokemon Stadium = Pokemon Stadium (N64, 1999)
Kingdom = Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GB, 1999)
Flat Zone = Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GB, 1999)
Brinstar Depths = Super Metroid (SNES, 1994)
Fourside = EarthBound (SNES, 1994)
Big Blue = F-Zero X (N64, 1998)
Poke Floats = made-up but showcases old and new Pokemon from Pokemon Gold & Silver (GB, 1999)
Kingdom II = Super Mario Advance (GBA, 2001)[/COLLAPSE]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (N64, GBA, GCN, DS, Wii VC, 2001 - 2007)

[COLLAPSE="Brawl"]Meta Knight = Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (GBA, 2004)
Pit = Kid Icarus (GBA, 2004 and Wii VC, 2007)
Zero Suit Samus = Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA, 2004)
Wario = WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (GBA, 2003) and Super Mario 64 DS (DS, 2004)
Snake = Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN, 2004)
Ike = Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN, 2005)
Pokemon Trainer = Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen (GCN, 2004)
Diddy Kong = Donkey Kong Country (GBA, 2003) and Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA, 2004)
Lucas = Mother 3 (GBA, 2006)
Sonic = Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, 2007)
King Dedede = Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA, 2002)
Olimar = Pikmin 2 (GCN, 2004)
Lucario = Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (DS, 2006)
R.O.B. = Mario Kart DS (DS, 2005)
Toon Link = The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN, 2002)
Wolf = Star Fox Command (DS, 2006) and Star Fox 64 (Wii VC, 2007)

Delfino Plaza = Super Mario Sunshine (GCN, 2002)
Mushroomy Kingdom = Super Mario Bros. (GBA, 2004 and Wii VC, 2006)
Mario Circuit = Mario Kart DS (DS, 2005)
Rumble Falls = Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (GCN, 2002)
Bridge of Eldin = The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN, 2006)
Norfair = Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA, 2004)
Frigate Orpheon = Metroid Prime (GCN, 2002)
Yoshi's Island = Yoshi's Island DS (DS, 2006)
Halberd = Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS, 2006)
Lylat Cruise = Star Fox Command (DS, 2006)
Pokemon Stadium 2 = Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64, 2001)
Port Town Aero Dive = F-Zero GX (GCN, 2003)
Castle Siege = Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN, 2005)
WarioWare, Inc. = WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (GBA, 2003)
Distant Planet = Pikmin 2 (GCN, 2004)
Smashville = Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS, 2005)
New Pork City = Mother 3 (GBA, 2006)
Summit = Ice Climber (GBA, 2004 and Wii VC, 2007)
Skyworld = Kid Icarus (GBA, 2004 and Wii VC, 2007)
PictoChat = PictoChat (DS, 2004)
Shadow Moses Island = Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN, 2004)
Luigi's Mansion = Luigi's Mansion (GCN, 2001)
Pirate Ship = The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN, 2002)
Spear Pillar = Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (DS, 2006)
75m = Donkey Kong (GBA, 2004 and Wii VC, 2006)
Mario Bros. = Mario Bros. (GBA, 2004 and Wii VC, 2006)
Flat Zone 2 = Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA, 2002)
Hanenbow = Electroplankton (DS, 2005)
Green Hill Zone = Sonic the Hedgehog (Wii VC, 2006)[/COLLAPSE]
Super Smash Bros. 4 (DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U, Wii VC, 3DS VC, WiiWare, DSiWare, 2008 - 2011?)

D

Deleted member

@Arcadenik: One thing with your analysis, please tell me why there is such a wide span in Melee in terms of relevancy but not in Brawl? If we're going by cut-off dates, a character in Melee should have appeared in a game somewhere between January 21, 1999 to November, 2001. If this is the case and if relevancy was so important, Marth, Mewtwo, Falco, Ganondorf, and Zelda/Sheik would not have been made playable in Melee.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well Ike-Sama, who do you suggest?

My suggestion goes for this : (it's the second Main character in the lastest Fire Emblem)

Male version :

Female version :

B-Down= Class change

there is a mechanic in Fire Emblem that involve 3 weapons which is the weapon triangle.

I suggest these 3 genres to be included.

General ( Lance) : Heavy, with medium damage, Big range, Strong knockback.

Hero or Sword Master : Fast , Medium Range , Medium damage,weak knockback.
(doubt that because it will be to similar to Ike)

or
(bigger chance in my opinion).

Berserker or Warrior (Axe) : Strong Damage, medium knockback, short range, as fast as Ike.

Warrior :

or

Berserker :

D

Deleted member

@xXIke-SamaXx: I dislike this idea of a generic character representing the Fire Emblem series. There are a few franchises I'm okay with having a generic rep {Mario, Pokemon, Dragon Quest}, but this isn't one of them. Caeda, Lyn, Micaich, Hector, Eliwood, Ephirim, Siglud, and Nabral, all potential third slot for Fire Emblem and you honestly think a generic Fire Emblem character stands a good chance, let alone what Fire Emblem fans want? I don't want the third Fire Emblem slot (If any) to be a generic rep, if they're going to do that, we might as well just have Marth and Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom