• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like how even Waluigi is knows "Waluigi Time" sucks.

This topic is theeee beessst :D

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@Sonic Poke: I got to say I give you props when it comes to defending Waluigi.

But still, you have to look at it realistically, just lime everybody mentioned, he's a spin character before anything, he simply isn't significant enough to fit the Smash roster, but that's not to say he doesn't stand a chance, the fact is he has a slim chance, and by slim I mean like the way he is, buy ai doubt Sakurai would even bother, someone like Wart IMO would be much better than a silly spin-off character.
Ok, I would say that Waluigi has 51% chance to enter ...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A cameo? That is not a big deal. Waluigi being a new WarioWare employee would be a big deal. Waluigi being playable in a new Wario Land game would be a big deal. Waluigi being playable in a New Super Mario Bros. game would be a big deal. Oh, wait... they decided to go with Toad and Mii instead of Waluigi. Must be because even Nintendo knows that Waluigi's only purpose is to be Wario's partner and Luigi's rival in those sports spin-off games, which is why Waluigi was created in the first place. All Waluigi does is prop Wario and Luigi.

Yeah I know it's not revolutionary to Nintendo or anything, just correcting the fact that he was at least in one cameo in Warioware. No point in seeing this as Waluigi's golden ticket to get in as a Warioware rep.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Muddy Mole: Adventurer, Father, Digger of Holes, Mole.​

Hear that? That's the sound of you losing your religion.

You may have never heard of Muddy Mole but that’s clearly your own fault. Everyone has a Muddy Mole shaped hole in their heart in which only he can fill if you only accept him into your life. He was the star of his own game on the Gameboy but that goes without saying as he is a mole and moles are naturally suited for leading roles. He’s also been the star of seven other games which only cool people can play, let alone see but let’s focus on the game that the average masses largely ignored because it was so intense that without braces their wrists snapped while playing it. It was released in 1996, the same year as Super Mario 64 but because Mario’s fat and awkward to look at, people bought his game out of sheer sympathy. Muddy didn’t care. He has a loving family and a comfy job as a CEO of Nintendo of Japan and as Shigeru Miyamoto’s wingman so he was happy for Mario who’s been unemployed for nearly 20 years and has no real friends to speak of. Muddy’s a pretty cool guy like that. He looks out for the little guy and doesn’t afraid of anything.

Inspired by Muddy Mole's courage, this mole took down three exterminators single handedly following this picture.

The name of his game was appropriately named Mole Mania. It wasn’t appropriately named because of the Mole part, which Muddy is clearly proud of, but because of the Mania part. You see, playing this game does cause mania. The depths of awesomeness that expel from this game causes the player to lose their grip on reality but that’s perfectly okay because that’s just how Muddy intended it to be. He figured that reality was too boring so he wanted to introduce people to a different kind of reality, Mole reality. In Mole reality, everything is better. Why? Nobody really knows or rather, nobody could comprehend it so Muddy doesn’t bother to explain. Only he understands its complexity and he’s protecting us from the consequences of trying too hard to understand it.

Featured: Consequence of trying too hard to understand it. Within an hour the mole consumed her whole head.

I could easily write an entire novel about why this game will change your life forever but how about I just show you? Are you ready for this? Watching this video takes a lot of personal commitment because after you watch it, you’ll realize that everything else in your life has been dull and boring up to this point. That time your little league baseball team won the championship? Doesn’t compare. Your first kiss? Doesn’t compare. That one time your Dad told you that he loved you and you couldn’t detect a single trace of sarcasm? Again, it doesn’t compare because Muddy’s going to be your daddy now and he loves you and always has. Are you ready to leave your old life behind and enter the sweet, furry embrace of Mole Mania? I wish you the best of luck on your spiritual journey. This could be classified as a snuff film because it’s gonna **** your mind… with moles.

So, how do you feel? Do you feel like you’ve finally been awaken as a human being? You now see reality for what it is and you’ve come to a simple conclusion: it needs more moles. Not any old mole will do though. There can be only one mole that can fill this role. That mole… is Muddy Mole.

Featured: Muddy during a modeling shoot. Did I mention he has his own designer brand of scarves?

You may be wondering how a legend like Muddy Mole didn’t get into Super Smash Bros Brawl and, lucky for us, Muddy officially released a statement explaining why just the other day. Here are the more important bits from the interview.

CNN: “It has been over three years since Super Smash Bros Brawl was released for the Wii. Even now, the world is baffled to why you didn’t make an appearance, Mr. Mole. Would you care to explain why you decided to decline such a historic opportunity?”

Muddy: “I was approached about a position but I humbly declined as a favor to a fellow rodent. Squeaky (although his stage name is Sonic) had fallen on hard times. Since 1998, he has had miserable luck. Once a major star in the video game industry, he now mostly gets attention because of his negatively reviewed games and how, despite having severe MS since 2002, he continues to run at super-sonic speeds. His will to carry on despite being in constant, agonizing pain is inspiring, to say the least. I gave up my spot so that not only could he see the lime light again but because I believe no video game character should ever reach the levels of obscurity that he did. Everyone deserves a second chance.”

CNN: “Those are truly inspiring words. Recently a new Super Smash Bros game has been announced for the Wii U and the 3DS, do you think you’ll make an appearance in either of those?”

Muddy: “I haven’t yet decided. I’m going to be one of the main programmers for both games but I haven’t yet decided if it would be ethical for me to be playable. Mr. Sakurai is all for it and when he presented the idea at the latest CEO conference it was followed by a standing ovation that lasted nearly an hour. I’m a simple mole who tries to avoid the spotlight when possible. For example, whenever I work on a game, I let someone else take credit for it. I won’t specify which games but to give you an idea of which games I have directed, one of the most popular ones was just recently rereleased for the 3DS. It’s a cult classic but I appreciate that fans still remember it fondly.”

CNN: “Speaking of those fans, will their strong demand for you play a role in your decision?”

Muddy: “Perhaps but, as I mentioned earlier, I want more obscure characters to get in before I do. I’m a mole of principle and I try to give back when I can. My fans are important but I’m a mole with a goal and that’s to see lesser known characters become popular again. I’ve worked with several characters like this in recent years and I’ve already hired two for the new Smash games. I think the fans will be very pleased. Both are upstanding young men who have bright futures ahead of them.”

And there you have it. A mole that’s so humble that he doesn’t acknowledge that he makes life better simply because he exists. A mole so humble that despite being the only living being who has ever beaten the sun in a one on one fight (let’s see Charlie Sheen or Chuck Norris do that), he doesn’t believe he deserves any special recognition. A mole so humble that he inspired Jack Bauer’s character in CSI Miami yet he denies it every time he’s asked. Well I’m here to say that he does deserve special recognition for all that he’s done for the world. Muddy changed my life and I’m sure he can change yours too. I used to snort laundry detergent but now I’m a guy who posts his opinions on the internet. Thanks to Muddy, I’ve come a long way and now I feel it’s my turn to help him.

You too can be a part of this historic movement. If you believe in the dream, put Muddy Mole in your sig like I have. That’s the least you can do but you can also do so much more. You can wear shades indoors and name your pets Muddy. You can even dig random holes in your neighbor’s yard, eat cabbage, wear a scarf in 100 degree weather and roll around in the mud. Every little bit helps and by doing these things you will be making the world a better place. So, if you will, give your support for Muddy Mole to be in SSB4. If he doesn’t make it in, millions of children the world over will die of depression and I have scientific evidence that proves that this will happen. Think of the children. Support Muddy for SSB4!

(Moveset coming soon, as if you could wait...)

D

Deleted member

I agree with almost everything, except that Waluigi is unworthy. Even being a spin-off it loads a legion of fans.
The problem with solely being in spin-offs is that it means that the character is not that important to the Mario universe, even if he has appeared in a ton of spin-off games. Nintendo will not go out of their way to put in a purely spin-off character instead of someone that has had important mainstream appearances.
shinhed-echi said:
And maybe I'm wrong but... isn't Warioware a spinoff series? I'm not supporting Waluigi, I'm just pointing out that his inclusion really isn't too farfetched.
Yes, but he also has his Wario Land series. Wario is not purely a spin-off character whereas Waluigi is.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah I know it's not revolutionary to Nintendo or anything, just correcting the fact that he was at least in one cameo in Warioware. No point in seeing this as Waluigi's golden ticket to get in as a Warioware rep.
You would be surprised. :glare: @ the Waluigi fanboys and fangirls who would try to use this and Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix to support Waluigi

D

Deleted member

I'm amazed that people want a second Wario rep in the first place. I would be displeased if one got in because the series doesn't deserve one.

Captain Syrup as a villain has little potentials, Mona doesn't appear to have much of a move set, and neither does Ashley. Three semi-commonly requested Wario reps that flat out should not be in SSB4. The only one I would accept is Kat and Ana, as they have move set potentials, and even then, would be unnecessary and should wait until SSB5 to get in if even then. And if Waluigi count, sorry but purely spin-off characters are most likely not getting in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yay! Another Muddy Mole supporter! I really enjoyed his game. I still have it and I play it once in a while on my old Game Boy Color. Imagine what Mr. Resetti would say if Muddy Mole is on the stage... maybe he would root for Muddy Mole because moles gotta stick together. :awesome:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I just want to throw this idea out there; What if there are no requirements for smash characters? What if it's just whatever is most "suiting" stylistically? That's kindof how I feel towards smash characters :\

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What do you think of Ninten?

What don't I think of ninten? Well here goes:

-I LOVED Mother 1. It's perhaps my favorite in the series.
-He might look too similar to Ness, something which will immediately turn off some people. Official renders may point to this belief, but the ingame sprites of Ness and Ninten look nothing alike to me (other than a red cap)

-Ninten should have his own moveset, instead of stealing Ana's.
-I support Ninten so that Mother 1, 2, and 3 all get their main protagonists.
-I wouldn't even mind if Ninten is a faster Ness with "Pichu properties" (hurting himself a bit due to being considerably weaker).

Final Smash should at least be different. The melodies of 8 notes would be really cool. Putting everyone to sleep, or a random status.

D

Deleted member

@Sonic Poke: Not interested in seeing him in. Earthbound is overrep with two characters, it doesn't need three. And beside, Ninten would be a clone of Ness and we don't need clones.
L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s said:
I just want to throw this idea out there; What if there are no requirements for smash characters? What if it's just whatever is most "suiting" stylistically? That's kindof how I feel towards smash characters :\
There are requirements for Smash characters. Two of them are:

- They must have originated in video games.
- They must have appeared on a Nintendo console once.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
@Sonic Poke: Not interested in seeing him in. Earthbound is overrep with two characters, it doesn't need three. And beside, Ninten would be a clone of Ness and we don't need clones.There are requirements for Smash characters. Two of them are:

- They must have originated in video games.
- They must have appeared on a Nintendo console once.
I mean, aside from that, I hear these "rules" being thrown around in this entire thread, and I am guilty of it too, "personality", "relevance", "moveset potential"... I've come to a consensus that it's just aesthetics and what would look best in smash as fighters...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I mean, aside from that, I hear these "rules" being thrown around in this entire thread, and I am guilty of it too, "personality", "relevance", "moveset potential"... I've come to a consensus that it's just aesthetics and what would look best in smash as fighters...
Well other than that, I guess there are invisible rules such as:

-Being an important character to the series. :p

You can't expect one of Dogma's sidekicks from Fire Emblem to be a fully playable character, because that would be extremely unlikely.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
What don't I think of ninten? Well here goes:

-I LOVED Mother 1. It's perhaps my favorite in the series.
-He might look too similar to Ness, something which will immediately turn off some people. Official renders may point to this belief, but the ingame sprites of Ness and Ninten look nothing alike to me (other than a red cap)

-Ninten should have his own moveset, instead of stealing Ana's.
-I support Ninten so that Mother 1, 2, and 3 all get their main protagonists.
-I wouldn't even mind if Ninten is a faster Ness with "Pichu properties" (hurting himself a bit due to being considerably weaker).

Final Smash should at least be different. The melodies of 8 notes would be really cool. Putting everyone to sleep, or a random status.
That's exactly what I mean!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ok, I would say that Waluigi has 51% chance to enter ...
How so? More like 15% maybe even less, I don't have nothing against but many would agree, he just doesn't stand a chance agaisnt the likes of Bowser Jr.

@Fatmanoinice: Hey you forgot Me look

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like Muddy Mole, but he's really scary.

You can't trust someone who wears those kind of Sun Glasses.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well other than that, I guess there are invisible rules such as:

-Being an important character to the series. :p

You can't expect one of Dogma's sidekicks from Fire Emblem to be a fully playable character, because that would be extremely unlikely.
Well of course, but I mean... I think we should all stop expecting reasons for as to why such and such character should be in... and our suggestions/ideas should just be put out there. No need for a bs reason like "well he has enough personality" or "well he has enough moveset potential"... Sakurai is pretty good at pulling personality and movesets out of his booty -cough Captain Falcon cough-

D

Deleted member

In that case, I have to agree that throwing around rules is a poor form to appear as a smart debater of SSB4. We don't know the criteria for getting a character in so we can't throw stuff like size and relevance as an absolute factor because while they help determine character selection, they aren't the absolute barrier to a character's inclusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There isn't requirements. There isn't rules. Sakurai gave some guidelines for characters he wanted to add TO BRAWL, but guidelines aren't rules and Sakurai wasn't dedicated to follow them.

We don't know his stance on characters for Smash 4, the community itself most likely makes up what characters have chances or not

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
In that case, I have to agree that throwing around rules is a poor form to appear as a smart debater of SSB4. We don't know the criteria for getting a character in so we can't throw stuff like size and relevance as an absolute factor because while they help determine character selection, they aren't the absolute barrier to a character's inclusion.
So, can I be the one to say, that from now on in this thread we stop making up silly reasons and just leave peoples opinions and be free to say "I'm not sure he'd be a good choice, I just don't feel like he'd suit the smash scene." and leave it at that? I mean, there are many characters that as a collective we've agreed on, but there are many others we've had... conflicting opinions about.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
How so? More like 15% maybe even less, I don't have nothing against but many would agree, he just doesn't stand a chance agaisnt the likes of Bowser Jr.

Okay, better stop arguing about Waluigi, as this will lead to nothing. What do you think about Caeda?;)
It would be nice a character who uses a spear!

D

Deleted member

Sonic Poke said:
Okay, better stop arguing about Waluigi, as this will lead to nothing. What do you think about Caeda?
I don't think Caeda has a good chance of getting in (Or any new Fire Emblem character). She would be interesting, but relevance and recent popularity is the only reason why she could get in.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well of course, but I mean... I think we should all stop expecting reasons for as to why such and such character should be in... and our suggestions/ideas should just be put out there. No need for a bs reason like "well he has enough personality" or "well he has enough moveset potential"... Sakurai is pretty good at pulling personality and movesets out of his booty -cough Captain Falcon cough-
I see what you mean.

For me at least, priority goes like so:

1.- Is he/she a main character to his franchise?
2.- Does he/she have some sort of unique importance to Nintendo?
3.- Does he/she have unique moveset potential?
4.- Is he/she a sidekick/rival to the main character of a franchise?
5.- Is he/she the main villain of the franchise? (or at least recurring)?
6.- Does he/she have an appealing design that fits well with the game.
7.- Is his/her/its game good? (Irrelevant, I know)

Those are the rules in which I stand for when suggesting characters. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well according to Sakurai these are the basic standards he goes off of for most characters:

1. Relevance to current generation.
2. How easy/hard it is to implement them into a fighting game.
3. Whether or not they bring anything new to Smash personality wise.

This is basically all we know and everything else is speculation to help pass the time by. Heck, development for the game doesn't start for another three months and it's probably going to be about eleven months before we see some kind of trailer.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I see what you mean.

For me at least, priority goes like so:

1.- Is he/she a main character to his franchise?
2.- Does he/she have some sort of unique importance to Nintendo?
3.- Does he/she have unique moveset potential?
4.- Is he/she a sidekick/rival to the main character of a franchise?
5.- Is he/she the main villain of the franchise? (or at least recurring)?
6.- Does he/she have an appealing design that fits well with the game.
7.- Is his/her/its game good? (Irrelevant, I know)

Those are the rules in which I stand for when suggesting characters. :p
Mine consist of
1. Are they female?
2. Do the look pretty cool / fighter worthy, not boss worthy?
3. Moveset?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see the point of adding a female just for them being female.

I want to see good characters, not token characters

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I don't see the point of adding a female just for them being female.

I want to see good characters, not token characters
The female thing was a semi joke. I tend to lean towards female characters as my mains in basically all fighting games for the soul reason that they're normally fast attackers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mine consist of
1. Are they female?
2. Do the look pretty cool / fighter worthy, not boss worthy?
3. Moveset?
Your criteria sucks, especially the first one. Really? Would you put in a female character who is not important, not very popular, or even has no moves over a male character who is more important, is very popular, or even have some moves?

OmegaXXII

Okay, better stop arguing about Waluigi, as this will lead to nothing. What do you think about Caeda?;)
Now your talking, Caeda definetly has a chance at it, why you ask? Well...

- She has and plays a significant role in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon along Marth who is already an established character in the Smash series.

-Would offer unique possibilities such as a Lance rather than the tiring cast of Sword users, has room to work with and potentially a fast character.

-The argument about her riding a Peguses would be invalid, just like Captain Falcon she can be adjusted to play just as any other unit, or in this case other Smash characters.

-She is a female, Smash needs more females to represent Smash.

Aside from those, she definetly has a good chance and the fact that Shadow Dragon sold quite well also works in her favor.

Final Smash Idea: Summons her troop of Peguses Knights, rides they in air and she perform the ultimate Triangle Attack with of course consist of 3 lance users.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to what I think are the standards (not requirements) for getting characters in to SSB4, these are what I consider to be important factor:

1. How popular is he/she in requests?
2. Is the character relevant to the current generation?
3. How important is he/she to the franchise he represent?
4. Does the character have move set potentials (Assist Trophy gets a boost for this if they show it off)?

All twelve characters in my signature follows at least three of these guidelines and most all four. Only ones that don't follow all guidelines are Saki (Follows three, Assist Trophy boost his chances) and maybe Ray MK III (Has the same advantages, although chances are slightly worse). All characters here IMO have at least a 70% of getting in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only female characters who I believe have a big chance of getting in SSB4, regardless of their gender, are Palutena (because of Uprising), Medusa (ditto), Caeda (because Sakurai considered her the heroine of Shadow Dragon; read here), Dixie Kong (because she was planned to be in Brawl), and Toon Zelda (ditto).

OmegaXXII

I don't think Caeda has a good chance of getting in (Or any new Fire Emblem character). She would be interesting, but relevance and recent popularity is the only reason why she could get in.
I disagree, the fact that you mentioned popularity makes her very likely to make the roster,unless we get a new FE game before SSB4 development begins, we aren't likely to see a new rep.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Now your talking, Caeda definetly has a chance at it, why you ask? Well...

- She has and plays a significant role in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon along Marth who is already an established character in the Smash series.

-Would offer unique possibilities such as a Lance rather than the tiring cast of Sword users, has room to work with and potentially a fast character.

-The argument about her riding a Peguses would be invalid, just like Captain Falcon she can be adjusted to play just as any other unit, or in this case other Smash characters.

-She is a female, Smash needs more females to represent Smash.

Aside from those, she definetly has a good chance and the fact that Shadow Dragon sold quite well also works in her favor.

Final Smash Idea: Summons her troop of Peguses Knights, rides they in air and she perform the ultimate Triangle Attack with of course consist of 3 lance users.
It is undoubtedly the best idea I read about Caeda!

D

Deleted member

For female reps, the one ones I see with a decent chance are Medusa, Dixie Kong, and maybe Palutena.
I disagree, the fact that you mentioned popularity makes her very likely to make the roster,unless we get a new FE game before SSB4 development begins, we aren't likely to see a new rep.
We have yet to see a non-Lord make an appearance as a playable character. Her biggest problem is that she is a knight and if a new Fire Emblem game comes with a new Lord, her chances mostly goes down the drain. I have my doubts about a third Fire Emblem rep being playable unless a new game gets announced soon.

And you contradict yourself by saying that she's very likely but then saying unless a new game come, a new Fire Emblem rep is not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom