• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
@xXIke-SamaXx: I dislike this idea of a generic character representing the Fire Emblem series. There are a few franchises I'm okay with having a generic rep {Mario, Pokemon, Dragon Quest}, but this isn't one of them. Caeda, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephirim, Siglud, and Nabral, all potential third slot for Fire Emblem and you honestly think a generic Fire Emblem character stands a good chance, let alone what the Fire Emblem fans want? I don't want the third Fire Emblem slot (If any) to be a generic rep, if they're going to do that, we might as well just have Marth and Ike.
Generic ?? it's not Generic it's a main lord in the new story and it was the selling point of the latest Fire Emblem....this character represent the player....I realy wouldn't care for a new character (Ike is more than enough for me)...but the character I suggested it has alot of potential TBH, I don't know but I think Sakurai thinks that way.

D

Deleted member

Generic ?? it's not Generic it's a main lord in the new story and it was the selling point of the latest Fire Emblem....this character represent the player....I realy wouldn't care for a new character (Ike is more than enough for me)...but the character I suggested it has alot of potential TBH, I don't know but I think Sakurai thinks that way.
How are they going to properly represent MyUnit as a playable character from a series with lots of potential reps? It is a character you create, therefore a generic character. It's like saying that Pokemon Trainer is unique just because it represent the character you play. Except that, of course, the only other potential Pokemon reps are well, Pokemons.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I gotta admit, I always thought of Pikachu as not being a generic Pikachu but Red's Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow that later shows up with him in Gold/Silver.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
How are they going to properly represent MyUnit as a playable character from a series with lots of potential reps? It is a character you create, therefore a generic character. It's like saying that Pokemon Trainer is unique just because it represent the character you play. Except that, of course, the only other potential Pokemon reps are well, Pokemons.
Caeda = a generic Pegasus knight ....but if you see the potential...you will understand....I can see that happen...I don't know why....

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't know if the term for MyUnit is generic, but its certainly not a real option. MyUnit is supposed to represent the player, just like a Mii would or a villager from Animal Crossing would. Unlike, say Link, who is also supposed to represent the player and can have his name changed, several different aspects of the MyUnit can be customized, including class and appearance. Because of this, the thing has no real identity, and isn't a particularly good FE character to use. In addition to this, if there is a character who will be able to customized in Smash, its almost certainly going to be the Mii, rather than the MyUnit, thus making it even less desirable.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't know if the term for MyUnit is generic, but its certainly not a real option. MyUnit is supposed to represent the player, just like a Mii would or a villager from Animal Crossing would. Unlike, say Link, who is also supposed to represent the player and can have his name changed, several different aspects of the MyUnit can be customized, including class and appearance. Because of this, the thing has no real identity, and isn't a particularly good FE character to use. In addition to this, if there is a character who will be able to customized in Smash, its almost certainly going to be the Mii, rather than the MyUnit, thus making it even less desirable.
I didn't say he can be cutomized because the character is appearance has a basic setting which is the illustration.....but nvm we can make it a Fire Emblem tactician and he have 3 soldiers by his side.....it's no problem...you guys are just over-thinking. Just think of the potential.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
So you want the MyUnit to have his male official art look? Why? The character has no personality, identinty, or history, and on top of that would be almost the same as Ike sans cape and headband. There's really nothing appealing. :/

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
So you want the MyUnit to have his male official art look? Why? The character has no personality, identinty, or history, and on top of that would be almost the same as Ike sans cape and headband. There's really nothing appealing. :/
I didn't say the male appearance only....instead of color changing you change from male to Female....but you know I really regret sharing my ideas because I'm getting backfired.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Unlike every character we have brought up in the last two days.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I didn't say the male appearance only....instead of color changing you change from male to Female....but you know I really regret sharing my ideas because I'm getting backfired.
That wouldn't really pan out. The male uses a giant broadsword, while the female uses a much shorter one. Plus there's a profound difference between male and female body builds. They would have to be different on some level. Because of that, its just the same as a clone really.

Unlike every character we have brought up in the last two days.
I don't get what you're trying to say, Shorts. :V

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Depending on the pattern we saw (that was hard to say).....if we were to stick with two characters it would be:

Marth (Middle or Speed):

Marth is not going anywhere specially after having these remakes of the game.

Ike and Roy (power):

Unless there was a Fire Emblem Lord that will represent a rough style like Ike had....that will mean Ike is not going anywhere.....

A new slot for Fire Emblem (Middle or Speed):

this might make the new Fire Emblem character the speedy character (Lyn) or the Middle character....

He means most of the characters we've talked about for the last 2 days had feelings, personality, identity and history. Unlike MyUnit
That's why I have no idea who the next Fire Emblem rep is going to be or if we're getting any at all.
I wouldn't care who would be the next rep. I'm betting on Ike staying

I thought he was trying to be sarcastic. :psycho:
I don't know! Is he being sarcastic?

Oh and

lol for "God's sake" I'm not referring to your ideas personally, but generally. I've no strong feelings towards Fire Emblem's right to persist in this series.

I refer to customizable characters in general. I believe there was an idea lingering around by which Gannon was the subject of such an idea.
Gannon?

It's ganon

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
My suggestion goes for this : (it's the second Main character in the lastest Fire Emblem)

Male version :

Female version :

B-Down= Class change

there is a mechanic in Fire Emblem that involve 3 weapons which is the weapon triangle.

I suggest these 3 genres to be included.

General ( Lance) : Heavy, with medium damage, Big range, Strong knockback.

Hero or Sword Master : Fast , Medium Range , Medium damage,weak knockback.
(doubt that because it will be to similar to Ike)

or
(bigger chance in my opinion).

Berserker or Warrior (Axe) : Strong Damage, medium knockback, short range, as fast as Ike.

Warrior :

or

Berserker :

Actually, I had an idea last night.

You are aware that the male characters and female characters have exclusive classes in the game right? Fire example, the Fighter, Knight, and Mercenary classes are only available to the males, while Myrmidon and Peg Knights are only for females. So here's what I was thinking.

You are able to select between male and female characters, and each will have access to different classes. The classes are the following:

Male:
Mercenary: A sword-wielding class. Plays very similar to Ike but a bit faster. Has average speed and attack power. The default class for male, you start with this every time you start a match.

Fighter: An axe-wielding class. Low defense, standard attack and higher speed. The second class in the cycle.

Knight: A lance-wielding class. A heavy type character that trades speed for raw power. Has invisible frames in some of his attacks (meaning he won't flinch in some attack-frames). Third in cycle.

*The male character will cover the basic weapon triangle, a staple of the main game since FE4.

Female:
Myrmidon: A sword-wielding class. Plays similar to Marth. Has average speed and attack. The default class for female.

Mage: A magic class. Uses some close and long range attacks. Good attack output, but terrible speed. Second in cycle.

Archer. A bow-wielding class. Expert in long-range, but attack is not as great at close. Awesome speed and dodging capabilities and good attack if enemies are afar. Third in cycle.

*The female character will cover the other types of attacks in FE, mainly long-range attacks.

So? Tell me what you think! :bee:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Actually, I had an idea last night.

You are aware that the male characters and female characters have exclusive classes in the game right? Fire example, the Fighter, Knight, and Mercenary classes are only available to the males, while Myrmidon and Peg Knights are only for females. So here's what I was thinking.

You are able to select between male and female characters, and each will have access to different classes. The classes are the following:

Male:
Mercenary: A sword-wielding class. Plays very similar to Ike but a bit faster. Has average speed and attack power. The default class for male, you start with this every time you start a match.

Fighter: An axe-wielding class. Low defense, standard attack and higher speed. The second class in the cycle.

Knight: A lance-wielding class. A heavy type character that trades speed for raw power. Has invisible frames in some of his attacks (meaning he won't flinch in some attack-frames). Third in cycle.

*The male character will cover the basic weapon triangle, a staple of the main game since FE4.

Female:
Myrmidon: A sword-wielding class. Plays similar to Marth. Has average speed and attack. The default class for female.

Mage: A magic class. Uses some close and long range attacks. Good attack output, but terrible speed. Second in cycle.

Archer. A bow-wielding class. Expert in long-range, but attack is not as great at close. Awesome speed and dodging capabilities and good attack if enemies are afar. Third in cycle.

*The female character will cover the other types of attacks in FE, mainly long-range attacks.

So? Tell me what you think! :bee:
better extension :D to my ideas....approved :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was reffering to the fact that Emphraim, Caeda, Black Knight, Micaiah, Lyn, and Nanarl are all unique. Just saying that all the characters we have been talking about aren't liking history, ect. Just backing you up :p

sidenot: anyone ever thought of a Mario Spin-Off character? A character designed to take up that large number of games. Sort of like how we had Dr. Mario took a spot for the "puzzle" games?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some more Event Match thoughts...

Donkey Kong

Gargantuan Mania: It's a four way mega brawl, as mega DK, mega Bowser, mega K. Rool, and mega Ridley take the ring.

Luigi

Trouble King Confusion: Luigi, I think you've found the wrong king to be tackling with. Opponent is a mega sized King K. Rool who can easily KO Luigi at low damage percentages.

Mr. Game & Watch

Sunset Showdown: Silhouettes galore as three mysterious characters confront a Flat Zone resident.

Pokemon Trainer

Training Days: Three wild Pokemon gang up on the trainer. Repel them with his Pokemon team.

Sonic

Metallic Vengeance: It's Sonic against a giant metal Sonic. Literally!!

Starfy

Wacky Stars: It's a battle of stars in this fight. All three opponents are Starfy, and the only items that appear are Star Rods, Starmen, and Warp Stars.

Black Mage

A Mage's Brawl: Two teams of mages, but only one team can win it all. Teammate is the White Mage. Opponents are the Pure White Mage and the Pure Black Mage. Match is a failure if you or your teammate gets KO'd.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
sidenot: anyone ever thought of a Mario Spin-Off character? A character designed to take up that large number of games. Sort of like how we had Dr. Mario took a spot for the "puzzle" games?
I suppose one character that comes to mind is maybe Dry Bones? I mean, he's appearing in Mario Kart and Mario Party (though the last one made was 8 or DS, around there) more and more. I think he could work, though in theory.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
If you mean Waluigi, then yes, one has been thought up. That doesn't mean we need it.

If there's anyone that would represent the Mario spin-off series, it would be Daisy but that will never happen.

D

Deleted member

I heard that a Final Fantasy game was credited in Brawl's Chronology. Can someone confirm whenever or not this is true?

I'm asking because I'm getting the feeling that Square Enix may have been trying to get involved in SSBB but failed to get a playable rep in. If so, I'm getting the feeling that a Square Enix rep is more likely then we think.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was actually thinking of on original character from a spin-off franchise. Of course, I know how obscure and unlikely this is, but I figure if we had a "Spin-Off representative" why not make it an OC?

Here's who I was thinking of:

Plum! :)

I was thinking she could use golf clubs, hokcey sticks, bats, dice you name a spin-off, it gets at least one attack. I could make a quick moveset for funsies if anyone is interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom