• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How long does the 3DS batteries last??

:phone:
About 3-5 hours (depending on backlight strength, wireless on/off, and Power Saver on/off). People have been known online to exaggerate the batter life saying it's bad but that's not true. It's still very good.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
alright, so... Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is available on the eShop in 3DS... go play it and come up with a moveset or something... frankly, I don't believe it is Takamaru. I don't even think it will be enough to make this guy an Assist Trophy.

for those without a 3DS, watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii40SD8gc_k
Disclaimer: it was believed post TGS that this game was a new Murasame Castle game within the "New Smash Bros for Wii U" thread. hence, Takamaru.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Augustoflores: Actually I believe it was confirmed a while back that it's not Takamaru.

Heck, from what I've heard the gameplay is closer to Punch Out than Murasame Castle.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yeah.... whatever, anyways, i like that pink projectile he displays near the end of the video.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Definitely is not Takamaru. Does not even look all that interesting to be honest. Frankly the only one who even looks good is Dillon (Jiro is a much better name).

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Why stop there? Why not have him facing off against Bowser, and partnering with Falco against him, as his quest to save Marth, who he is unaware is a guy, so he's attracted to him.

And then have him fight a giant evil version of him, all the while a user that goes by "Krom" constantly annoys the SSB5 Discussion by constantly mentioning how Justin Bailey should replace Zero Suit Samus due to her latest appearance in Metroid: Spacebound Cannon? :troll:
This. I've read thousands among thousands of posts in this thread, lurking for quite awhile, and this is what makes my day.. Nay, year. I am content.

Anyway, hello everyone. I finally decided to make an account. I used to frequent SWF back during pre-Brawl discussion, and now that the hype is starting all over again for the next installment (albeit in a different fashion than Brawl), I'm pumped once more for new Smash speculation.

I'll contribute as best I can without trying to step on anyone's toes or annoy you guys. I really enjoy reading what you have to bring to the table in terms of characters, stages, concepts, and just general ideas for Sm4sh. I'm not super knowledgeable on most series, but I can contribute what I can in the Pokemon areas. q: But just general discussion is nice, so I'll try to keep up with this thread everyday and give my input!

Also, not to flare anything up once more, but you guys are incredibly patient. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. I've never seen such tolerance on a discussion board before. Kudos to that!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^welcome.

Anyways, I've been thinking of more ways the 3DS could connect and on that topic I was thinking 2-4 characters could be specific to each version and those who buy both get them on both games. This could be exclusive to only clones in each game for the sake of time, Mewtwo on one version, Lucario on another, you buy both you get both on Wii U and 3DS.

Besides this they could have the same thing with one or two stages for each and use the 3DS as a pseudo-Wii U controller with it's touch screen and all that way multiple people can use the Wii U capabilities since Ninty was saying Wii U would only use the touch screen on the controller for one or two max. Final Smash and taunts on that screen open the game up to be capable of more things.

Edit:Of course this would all seem as a cash grab but I'm fine with it. They would have to offer the characters as DLC to bot systems though for those who won't buy both systems. If you don't agree with this they could stick to extra textures, a night/day stage that when both are bought is unlocked on both/free alt costumes.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Ahh, how hospitable.

Anyway, I'm all for the idea of exclusives. It definitely reminds me of Pokemon. Many fans would just get both versions for the sole aspect of version exclusives.

I'm still very curious as to what will end up happening with the controllers. I absolutely love Gamecube controllers, so it'll be sad to see them go if it's for certain they are. Hopefully something grand shows up in their stead.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Gamecube ports are out(I will never sell my Wii like I did my cube) but it's simply the design we like, they could very easily remake a wireless cube controller, I say we get started on the petition. Operation Smashfall anybody? I'm willing to wait until the Wii U controller is used, bu tif I can't short hop and do smooth aerials I am disappoint Nintendo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Welcome from me to.

Yeah, well about that patience actually... Wait up when I bring up one specific character. :rolleyes:

Krisp, I suggested that idea myself to before. And version exclusives would be a great option to switch things around good. Dunno if you read it yet, but I wrote about that on my blog as well.

To avoid disappointment, they should limit the amount of version exclusives however. Except of coarse new characters for the Wii U version, as I expect more characters in there.

A character like Ridley for example I could see easily work for Wii U, but not so much for 3DS. Then again, there could also be very similar characters in both versions, but who would still be exclusives. For example, Ike / Chrome, ..... / Sheik, Toon Link / Young Link, Skyward Sword Link or Zelda Wii U Link / Hero of Time Link.

Make Wii / Wii U characters exclusive to Smash Wii U version, and 3DS exclusive characters on the Smash 3DS. A long with some general cuts for the 3DS version overall, as I believe there will be less characters on there anyways.

Just an example, say, even though Ridley, Mewtwo, King K.Rool, King DeDeDe, Medusa would not be playable on the 3DS- but on Wii U they are- they could still program them in as bosses in the 3DS version.

Just throwing out ideas.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Anyway, hello everyone. I finally decided to make an account. I used to frequent SWF back during pre-Brawl discussion, and now that the hype is starting all over again for the next installment (albeit in a different fashion than Brawl), I'm pumped once more for new Smash speculation.

I'll contribute as best I can without trying to step on anyone's toes or annoy you guys. I really enjoy reading what you have to bring to the table in terms of characters, stages, concepts, and just general ideas for Sm4sh. I'm not super knowledgeable on most series, but I can contribute what I can in the Pokemon areas. q: But just general discussion is nice, so I'll try to keep up with this thread everyday and give my input!

Also, not to flare anything up once more, but you guys are incredibly patient. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. I've never seen such tolerance on a discussion board before. Kudos to that!
Welcome. :)

Just make reasonable contributions to the thread and I am sure you'll be recognized. Although an avatar might help you do that too. Either way welcome.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Welcome from me to.

Yeah, well about that patience actually... Wait up when I bring up one specific character. :rolleyes::phone:
Well, that's what I was talking about. Even though you brought it up countless times, everyone generally gave you a chance to, y'know, stop. So I respect the maturity (mostly) among everyone here. And you've had your moments of complying, even if you are a little over the top with She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. But thanks for the welcome, either way!

Welcome. :)

Just make reasonable contributions to the thread and I am sure you'll be recognized. Although an avatar might help you do that too. Either way welcome.
I'll definitely attempt to do just that. And I realize that avatars are big on recognizing people. I have one set, but for whatever reason it's not showing up. Any ideas why? It's even "set" in my User CP section, so it's not that it is too big or what have you. (Unless having a picture of Leaf in a bikini isn't allowed to be shown.)

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
From one forum n00b to another, welcome aboard, Skyleaf.

I took one look at the # of pages and went :0, so I skipped right up to #5213 and no doubt missed much of the meatiness. Even so, I'll keep up and do what I can, looking back on some pages periodically.

Bearing that in mind, much of what I say at first will probably have been repeated beforehand, but if Skyleaf is correct (and I have no doubt in that regard), y'all can handle it just fine. ;)

So, as it seems that this presumed development won't finish until at least almost two years from now, that gives Nintendo a wide window to improve on their current tech and add another analog stick to the right side of the 3DS to make it consistent with the touch pad controller (henceforth TPC from me), as well as increase the battery capacity to bring it closer to the DSi's runtime. For the former possibility, if they can't fix the apparent restriction of one TPC per Wii U, it would make sense.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Welcome Skyleaf.

Leaf (Pokemon?) in a bikini, it would depend on how suggestive it is. Also the max for avatars are 100 x 100. Any larger and they won't show up.

Exclusives? That would depend, what's a univeral roster again? I keep forgetting what that was.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Exclusives? That would depend, what's a univeral roster again? I keep forgetting what that was.
Going out on a limb here -- do you mean the characters that have been "perfect attendees" since SSB64, e.g. Mario, DK, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, etc?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, generally any character that's been in atleast two or more times would probably be universal.

So let's count them as in both. Then we get to exclusives/new characters.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is a welcoming gift Sky.

Take whichever one (or none). Just felt like making something

I'll definitely attempt to do just that. And I realize that avatars are big on recognizing people. I have one set, but for whatever reason it's not showing up. Any ideas why? It's even "set" in my User CP section, so it's not that it is too big or what have you. (Unless having a picture of Leaf in a bikini isn't allowed to be shown.)
Is it 100x100? If so is it a JPEG or another file extension?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ah well, they can be a hardy bunch though. But do you have a personal opinion on the subject? And what are your overall expectations about the game?

**** I'm slow...

yani

Smash Lord
Well, generally any character that's been in atleast two or more times would probably be universal.

So let's count them as in both. Then we get to exclusives/new characters.
While I'm not a fan of exclusives myself, I was thinking maybe the 3DS version can have a roster very similar to Melee's

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had to change my old avatar, complained, then got it changed. So yeah...

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
... Tell me that's real?

Fake, and I wouldn't care much for it as it would act as a Wii U cocntroller without the screen. Theplacement of everything on the right side is what matters to smash and this goes past the point. I don't want to accidentally dair instead of rest with jiggs, or dair fastfall which kills as falcon rather than falcon instead of falcon kick which aids in recovery.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While I'm not a fan of exclusives myself, I was thinking maybe the 3DS version can have a roster very similar to Melee's
Let's put up some ideas.

Pokemon
3DS ones- Mewtwo, Lucario
Wii U ones- Pokemon Trainer, Pichu
New in both versions- Zoroark, Deoxys

It could work similar to that.

Mario
3DS ones- Geno, Paper Mario
Wii U ones- Bowser Jr., Toad

It depends if they would get returners from cuts. Roy would be in the 3DS, while Ike in the Wii U version, with the new character in each. New characters are in both, returners would be split among each version. That's my idea of how to do it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Paper Mario would make a great 3DS character, a long with Chrome and the OOT3DS cast (Hero of Time, Sheik, Young Link) and maybe some others but I wouldn't go overboard.

Also, Krisp that's pretty much how it feels playing Brawl with a classic controller or Wii Remote. How is the lay out for the tablet anyway?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Let's put up some ideas.

Pokemon
3DS ones- Mewtwo, Lucario
Wii U ones- Pokemon Trainer, Pichu
New in both versions- Zoroark, Deoxys
I'd personally switch Mewtwo and Pichu but anyways, would you have it so that the characters exclusive to 3DS transfer to the Wii U version or not? I was thinking that the 3DS should obviously have a smaller roster and so should probably stick to the original 12 plus 4-8 popular additions that were in melee(Bowser, Peach, zelda) and 4 completely newcomers. The way I see it you making the rosters completely even with completely different newcomers, maybe I'm wrong.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I looked up what a Univeral roster was (I'm dumb :p), and I have to agree with it.

I'm going to bet against exclusives.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would make Mewtwo Wii U only, and appear as boss in 3DS, as well as Ridley.

I definitely bet for exclusives. If only for the fact that Wii U will have more characters in it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, they Transfer over. Of course.

I don't think either should have an actual smaller roster. Neither have very limited space, after all. Any smaller parts should be for completely new series, that I'd say would be on the Wii U only(or most of them). Say there's 5 new ones, so put 1 or 2 on the 3DS. And unless Nobunaga X Pokemon is on the Wii U, Mewtwo should be a 3DS character, since his last release was a DS exclusive in B/W. Or was it D/P/P/HG/SS?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Skyleaf, I think I just noticed what you are doing wrong. Are you clicking "edit profile picture" or "edit avatar"?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm actually really interested on how this customizable options going to work. Improved level editor and custom characters. Depending on how it's design you could make all the characters from my Mii ideas but with better graphics.

I could finnally have Captain N the Gamemaster in Smash! That would be a dream come true.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe the 3DS would be the only version with a Stage Builder, but you could upload / download them on Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom