• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
D

Deleted member

When I get the chance, I'm getting one. I use GC controls for all three Smashes available at this point, why stop now?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Maybe the 3DS would be the only version with a Stage Builder, but you could upload / download them on Wii U.

:phone:
I don't care which version it's on but stage builder was a great idea that was poorly executed. I want part from different Nintendo games (e.g. Bullet Bills, Hyrule castle pieces, etc) and not just generic parts (though some of them would be good too). I would totally build a Kaizo Mario stage.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Ah well, they can be a hardy bunch though. But do you have a personal opinion on the subject? And what are your overall expectations about the game?

**** I'm slow...

I'll assume you're talking to me.

I don't think they're a hardy bunch one bit. They've been super lenient and patient, and at times may have exploded yes, but it was bound to happen.

I really don't have an opinion on the matter. I'm not attached to Sheik by any means, nor did I even know who Impa was. I don't care what happens. But the more you would bring it up, the less I even wanted her because of how frustrating it got reading the same stuff over and over. But please, let's not talk about that. It's quite peaceful in here! (:

Here is a welcoming gift Sky.

Take whichever one (or none). Just felt like making something

Is it 100x100? If so is it a JPEG or another file extension?
Thank you! And after seeing your second post directed towards me, I realized that I WAS doing profile picture and not avatar. Ha, silly me. And to think I consider myself a somewhat knowledgeable forum goer, chyeah right.

And now I'm stuck... Do I keep Leaf, or use your neat Super Leaf?! I really like both. Feel free to give opinions.

Back on topic (but not the current topic at hand):

I'm totally looking forward to the newcomers in Sm4sh. There are only a select few who I REALLY want in, because I find them interesting and I know they would bring fresh movesets and styles to Smash.

1. Krystal (Female, Staff user. 'Nuff said.)
2. Palutena (Female, KI representatives are awesome in my book.)
OR (or both)
2. Medusa (Female AND villain. Definitely cool.)
3. Isaac (Would love to see Golden Sun rep, and he's quite popular.)
4. Megaman (I just... Yeah, want him.)
5. Breloom (I know, I know. No reason he should even get in. I can't even give logical explanations as to why he would be considered. But it's a dream of mine. Why the hell not.)

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
It is a random third party controller attachment I believe, here is the link.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/18/horis-wii-classic-controller-if-youre-really-into-autofire/

apparently they are autofire switches :p
Knew it ;)

When I get the chance, I'm getting one. I use GC controls for all three Smashes available at this point, why stop now?
It'd be interesting to compare how close it comes to the feel of the GCC, whether the sticks would snap in one set of directions like those of some 3rd-party controllers (coughGamestopcough).

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I don't think either should have an actual smaller roster. Neither have very limited space, after all. Any smaller parts should be for completely new series, that I'd say would be on the Wii U only
Well they can't use the same textures and may not be able to use the same engine so, from a programming standpoint, equal rosters with man different chars besides 12 vets would take a LOOONG time and even if all the chars that are only on one can be transferred that would just mean another year or two for development and a lot of people complaining about it being a total cash grab. I'm thinking 22 for 3ds and 36 for Wii U with about 4 transferable chars for each making totals of 26 and 40.

Mewtwo should be a 3DS character, since his last release was a DS exclusive in B/W. Or was it D/P/P/HG/SS?
Can't that be said for every pokemon?

I'm actually really interested on how this customizable options going to work. Improved level editor and custom characters. Depending on how it's design you could make all the characters from my Mii ideas but with better graphics.
It could be like soul calibur. I was thinking they could have the 4 wireframes and from there you make the texture and use the aerials and smash attacks for one of the 4 builds you chose but a pool of 3 different specials for each direction shared by all so you can mix and match and choose one of four final smashes.
(The builds could represent mario, capn, zss, jiggs and marth at the startand from there you can mess with the specials, FS and weight/power/speed as long as everything is balanced.

Maybe the 3DS would be the only version with a Stage Builder, but you could upload / download them on Wii U.
No.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well they can't use the same textures and may not be able to use the same engine so, from a programming standpoint, equal rosters with man different chars besides 12 vets would take a LOOONG time and even if all the chars that are only on one can be transferred that would just mean another year or two for development and a lot of people complaining about it being a total cash grab. I'm thinking 22 for 3ds and 36 for Wii U with about 4 transferable chars for each making totals of 26 and 40.
Both games would have their own textures, of course.

Can't that be said for every pokemon?
Latest release makes sense for choosing places to me.

It could be like soul calibur. I was thinking they could have the 4 wireframes and from there you make the texture and use the aerials and smash attacks for one of the 4 builds you chose but a pool of 3 different specials for each direction shared by all so you can mix and match and choose one of four final smashes.
(The builds could represent mario, capn, zss, jiggs and marth at the startand from there you can mess with the specials, FS and weight/power/speed as long as everything is balanced.
Oh, god, no. Those versions, outside of III, were severely lacking and limiting. You might as well have just had costume choices, since there was zero purpose in having a CAS mode when there's no real move customization. Wrestling games do it MUCH better, and should be used. Hell, Mortal Kombat Armageddon did it perfectly. I want that kind. But please don't use one of the least popular versions. Remember, a character's design should be about their moves first, not how they look or their WEAPON and armor. SCIV's CAS just deviated into horrible looking characters and no good uniqueness or people using their imagination. Another game that does this perfectly is Sonic Battle. You must pay points for each move, and you have one of each category. It's perfect because it allows true customization where it counts. And it handles everything. Weight, Defense, Attack, Jump, Moves, Speed, etc.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
I've noticed throughout the generations that for the respective universes (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Starfox, etc.), at least one more character was added in (most of the time, anyway).

So if Wolf was added in from SF, and Wario from Mario, I'd like to guess that Waluigi could be upgraded from an Assist Trophy to a fully playable character... but that would make it a crazy 8 characters from the Mario universe alone.

Paper Mario is intriguing. Mewtwo can and should make a comeback.

What about Simon Belmont???

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking they might make it so every character has 4 or so moves they can do in every slot and you can choose which moves you want assigned to said slot so they don't have to make a character creator just come up with more moves and let players choose which ones they want to use.

I am also really hoping they get creative with the level creator I think it be really cool if they did a picto-chat level where it plays like a movie so you literally animate the level. How badass would that be.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I was just thiking something like this and those ideas are great. I wonder if they need just the four wireframes and instead have wireframes of every character. It would be similar to the fighting polygon team in the N64.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Morpheus: There have been two new playable Pokemon per game.(Slot-wise) Specifically, though, it's been 2, 2, 4(or 7 if there was more time, being Mewtwo, Plusle & Minun). I have a feeling we could keep all the returners and get atleast 2 or 4(as in full playable characters, even if they use a Down B/etc. to switch) new Pokemon.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
@Morpheus: There have been two new playable Pokemon per game.(Slot-wise) Specifically, though, it's been 2, 2, 4(or 7 if there was more time, being Mewtwo, Plusle & Minun). I have a feeling we could keep all the returners and get atleast 2 or 4(as in full playable characters, even if they use a Down B/etc. to switch) new Pokemon.
Point taken. Who then, aside from the three starter Pokémon with the Trainer, would fit the down-B switching scheme? I'd venture to guess the elemental monkeys from B/W...

As for another guess, Isaac would be good, too. My avatar agrees with me.

D

Deleted member

There has also been a new StarFox character for every game.
We go by one pattern, we go by them all.
EDIT: And we still have no idea if it was Plusle & Minun or not.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thank you! And after seeing your second post directed towards me, I realized that I WAS doing profile picture and not avatar. Ha, silly me. And to think I consider myself a somewhat knowledgeable forum goer, chyeah right.

And now I'm stuck... Do I keep Leaf, or use your neat Super Leaf?! I really like both. Feel free to give opinions.
You could use one as your avatar and the other as your profile picture. Whenever I change avatars I usually make my old one my profile picture.

Back on topic (but not the current topic at hand):

I'm totally looking forward to the newcomers in Sm4sh. There are only a select few who I REALLY want in, because I find them interesting and I know they would bring fresh movesets and styles to Smash.

1. Krystal (Female, Staff user. 'Nuff said.)
2. Palutena (Female, KI representatives are awesome in my book.)
OR (or both)
2. Medusa (Female AND villain. Definitely cool.)
3. Isaac (Would love to see Golden Sun rep, and he's quite popular.)
4. Megaman (I just... Yeah, want him.)
5. Breloom (I know, I know. No reason he should even get in. I can't even give logical explanations as to why he would be considered. But it's a dream of mine. Why the hell not.)
Breloom? I guess everyone has their pet choice they like.

yani

Smash Lord
@Morph I was thinking maybe PT can get another 3 Pokemon (since a trainer's limit is six) and you can pick from the first set (squirtle ivy char) or a new set

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There has also been a new StarFox character for every game.
We go by one pattern, we go by them all.
I never spoke of any other ones, though. I was pointing out the Pokemon one specifically. Of course we should get atleast Krystal. And atleast King K. Rool.

However, not many games have followed that pattern. Mario had 3 characters(including Yoshi) in SSB64, then 3 in Melee(including Dr. Mario), then 1(being Wario) in Brawl.

Some have a possible pattern, others don't. Keeping that in mind, I would expect one new Mario character. Unfortunately, I don't think Toad is going to be one of those. I more expect an rpg character unless Sakurai changes his mind and thinks Toad can fight. Likewise, if we strictly follow that, we might get one new Metroid character, no F-Zero or any of the new series. One Fire Emblem with Ike nor Roy playable, 4 new playable Pokemon.(but possibly only two new slots).

It's very hard to say at times. I won't do any double standards of course. IMO, I hope we don't even follow the patterns, but the only purpose these days is give a semi-realistic roster idea that we can make and nothing more.

D

Deleted member

@Morph I was thinking maybe PT can get another 3 Pokemon (since a trainer's limit is six) and you can pick from the first set (squirtle ivy char) or a new set

Like Pichu, Espeon, and Snorlax. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Coincidences do not equate to patterns. Especially when there have only been two games at this time. There are some things that seem like a case can be made for a logical assumption, but those are far and few between.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only thing I'd say is atleast two new Pokemon Slots(as in pictures), atleast 1 new Mario(related, not counting DK stuff) character, and 1 new Fire Emblem character. I don't expect anything else whatsoever.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like Pichu, Espeon, and Snorlax. :awesome:
**** YEAH SNORLAX!

I'm also not opposed in having Rhydon put in somewhere on a rival trainer. Giovanni, Blue, plenty used a Rhydon. Problem is with Blue that I'd like to put him with Blastoise, as to really rival Red.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well technically in Brawl we lost a Mario character. If you want to go by slots.

Diddy you just can't leave that subject alone, can you? My eyes peered into Gamefaqs. I saw what you wrought.

D

Deleted member

**** YEAH SNORLAX!

I'm also not opposed in having Rhydon put in somewhere on a rival trainer. Giovanni, Blue, plenty used a Rhydon. Problem is with Blue that I'd like to put him with Blastoise, as to really rival Red.

Giovanni with Rhydon, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen.
Why all Ground? He specialized in Ground Types. (That, and Persian and no Meowth would cause rage)
Why all evolved (or almost fully evolved in Rhydon's case)? Because he's fricking Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket, and ex-Viridian City Gym Leader.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Well technically in Brawl we lost a Mario character. If you want to go by slots.
Right, and that just occurred to me through Wario replacing Dr. Mario.

Coincidences do not equate to patterns. Especially when there have only been two games at this time. There are some things that seem like a case can be made for a logical assumption, but those are far and few between.
Surely you're not counting out SSB64, right? :( A coincidence is a connection unexpected, whereas a pattern is a coincidence whose repetition is expected.

@Morph I was thinking maybe PT can get another 3 Pokemon (since a trainer's limit is six) and you can pick from the first set (squirtle ivy char) or a new set:phone:
Perhaps so. As fantastic as that sounds, I'm having a difficult time comprehending some other logical three-way tag teams. Not that it's not possible or anything. EDIT: I am looking forward to that possibility nonetheless.

------------------

If Pit trailblazed a new universe, then Palutena might make a show. But if he's like Mr. G&W, he'll be solitary for the time being. I don't believe Metroid could be expanded further, unless a Chozo warrior suddenly decides to spring into action.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Surely you're not counting out SSB64, right? :( A coincidence is a connection unexpected, whereas a pattern is a coincidence whose repetition is expected.
I discount Smash 64 because it did not have anything that would have maintained a pattern (it is the first game after all). That is why I said with only two games it is difficult to establish patterns.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
I discount Smash 64 because it did not have anything that would have maintained a pattern (it is the first game after all). That is why I said with only two games it is difficult to establish patterns.
Ok, so at best Star Fox, Mario and Zelda barely established a pattern (albeit a short one) of addition/substitution, and will become static in the worst case.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
I'm liking all these new guys so far

And gals!

You could use one as your avatar and the other as your profile picture. Whenever I change avatars I usually make my old one my profile picture.

Breloom? I guess everyone has their pet choice they like.
I may just have to do that.

And yes, Breloom. I could easily come up with a viable moveset that is both fun, and unique. No matter, he doesn't stand a chance. But like I said, I can dream!

Rather, I can name of the Pokemon I expect to join, to at least contribute to discussion:

Zoroark: If any fifth gen Pokemon were to make it in, I expect Zoroark and nobody else. I see it as pretty much the same thing Lucario was to 4th gen. The "mascot" of generation five. Slightly above average in speed, moderate power, a bit light, and decent reach on hitboxes. The moveset could be entirely original based on its own special moves and standard paw-swiping, tail-whipping attacks. Or we could get tricky and play on its ability to transform into opponents, but that seems quite difficult to implement. Perhaps I could give it more thought at another time when I'm not tired.

I don't really want to consider any other 5th gen Pokemon as a playable. Genesect is just... No. I see it having the same chance as my beloved Breloom, honestly. Victini, next in line, yes, but still, extremely low chance in my eyes.

As for the third generation that has gotten no love and people think needs a representative... I agree. With the possibility that Ruby/Sapphire could see remakes within the next year or two, I'll give in to the hype and say that I think there will be a Pokemon or entirely new trainer for Hoenn. The trainer thing is by far my most optimistic option, but more realistically I see Blaziken, Deoxys, or the Plusle/Minun tag-team.

D

Deleted member

If 3rd Gen gets a rep, it will be Deoxys. (3rd Place on Japan's pre-Unova Top 10 Pokemon poll. Beating it are Arceus and Darkrai.)

The thing is, WILL Gen 3 get a rep?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ok, so at best Star Fox, Mario and Zelda barely established a pattern (albeit a short one) of addition/substitution, and will become static in the worst case.
Honestly I do not think there are any set patterns for any series even between Melee and Brawl. The only patterns I have seen that have been relatively consistent is with stages. Each game we get new stages based around newer games while bringing back one stage for each series from the previous game.

And gals!
:O

If 3rd Gen gets a rep, it will be Deoxys. (3rd Place on Japan's pre-Unova Top 10 Pokemon poll. Beating it are Arceus and Darkrai.)

I'd prefer one over a fifth generation Pokémon, but that is not likely to happen.

Anybody else hoping to see Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong in the new game I know it is really unlikely but I think they would all translate well and make sense. I just doubt they would add that many characters for any one series especially with King K Rule being so likely.
Maybe as trophies, but not much else sadly.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Anybody else hoping to see Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong in the new game I know it is really unlikely but I think they would all translate well and make sense. I just doubt they would add that many characters for any one series especially with King K Rule being so likely.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And gals!
So much for the men's club. :laugh:

Anyway it should be obvious by now that Generation representation does not matter to Sakurai. If it did the Pokemon roster would be very different.

5th Gen Pokemon aren't even a sure bet.

Changed my avi to an old favorite. Spoon!! :cool:

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet

I would definitely love to see it happen, honestly.

Considering how special Deoxys is with its 4 forms, it could introduce something new to Smash: Stances. Though I suppose it's not technically a 'stance', taunting could allow Deoxys to switch forms. For example, up taunt allows speed form, side taunts give attack form, and down taunt is defensive. And to switch back to normal form, just taunt in the direction you are already in to "revert" back.

Speed form is obvious: Make Deoxys one of the quickest characters in the game, while lowering its attacking potential a decent amount. Attack form gives a significant increase to damage output (not knockback) while making Deoxys a lot easier to kill (increase in damage output to Deoxys OR further knockback [which may be unfair because Attack form could give the user the chance to stay out of combos thanks to more knockback, if combos will exist in this game]). And Defensive form is obvious: Slow movement speed, very bulky meaning more weight, and less knockback and damage output. Of course, "Normal" Deoxys would just be overall balanced without any perks or drawbacks.

I'm wondering if it's even needed to post all of that. It's quite obvious how it would work, and I know you guys are creative. q:

So much for the men's club. :laugh:
I can impersonate a man online (not sure if it's that easy to distinguish gender in the first place) if you guys really want. Though that wouldn't be any fun. Diversity is FUN! You all need a female in your company. Y'know, "spice" things up and whatnot.

Edit: Upon further reading what I posted, I don't even know what that last sentence was supposed to mean. I didn't mean to imply ANYTHING at all. My apologies go out and whatnot, et cetera, et cetera, blahhhh, blah. (:

yani

Smash Lord
Gurllll?! That's awesome!

I think a 3rd gen set could join the PT, since his model is based on his 3rd gen appearence anyway..maybe Mudkip Grovyle Blaziken?

aba1

Smash Apprentice

Considering how special Deoxys is with its 4 forms, it could introduce something new to Smash: Stances. Though I suppose it's not technically a 'stance', taunting could allow Deoxys to switch forms. For example, up taunt allows speed form, side taunts give attack form, and down taunt is defensive. And to switch back to normal form, just taunt in the direction you are already in to "revert" back.

Speed form is obvious: Make Deoxys one of the quickest characters in the game, while lowering its attacking potential a decent amount. Attack form gives a significant increase to damage output (not knockback) while making Deoxys a lot easier to kill (increase in damage output to Deoxys OR further knockback [which may be unfair because Attack form could give the user the chance to stay out of combos thanks to more knockback, if combos will exist in this game]). And Defensive form is obvious: Slow movement speed, very bulky meaning more weight, and less knockback and damage output. Of course, "Normal" Deoxys would just be overall balanced without any perks or drawbacks.

I'm wondering if it's even needed to post all of that. It's quite obvious how it would work, and I know you guys are creative. q:
That was my main thing I didn't like about deoxys as a common prediction but with your idea of him changing with taunts I think it would work rather well to be honest it gets my vote.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet

I think a 3rd gen set could join the PT, since his model is based on his 3rd gen appearence anyway..maybe Mudkip Grovyle Blaziken?
If anything for 3rd Gen PT, those three get my vote. Mudkip for obvious reasons (Seriously, everyone loves that little *******). Grovyle works well with his bipedal-ness (I know, Ivysaur was a quadruped, whatever, Grovyle rocks). And Blaziken is a no-brainer in popularity for a starter final-form.

I would be so pleased with those three. The chances of it happening are stupidly low, yeah. A girl can dream.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Leaf, the Deoxys Formes are great ideas.

Oh, and no worries, there are plenty of girls here to hold our attention -- if that was what you did mean, after all. :D

Yani, that tag team of yours would be highly logical, as Spock used to quip.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I earlier pointed out that you could get all three Gen Pokemon in FR/LG. Why not have one of each? We could get Meowth, Heracross(who's actually been popular), and the 3rd Gen's a bit harder to choose. Kecleon's a good choice. I'd say Deoxys, but he should have his own complete slot, or atleast be purely an Alt. Costume via Wildvine's suggestion.

D

Deleted member

In my opinion, I could see Deoxys shifting for attacks or movement instead.
For example, when he dashes, he turns into Speed Forme, when he shields, he turns into Defense Form, when he uses Smash Attacks, he turns into Attack Forme, and when he's idle or otherwise, he's Normal Forme.
And other Specials could transform him depending on the move used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom