• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Better idea is to not say it.

I'm hoping for the end-of-game data omits annoying crap like Ledge Grabs and Air Time. Mainly for competitive tournaments. These arbitary rules are crap and hurts the scene severely.
The air time rule, I think, is gone. Besides, that whole thing pretty much comes from Brawl's bad design.

The ledge grab one is a very simple fix in the engine. There's a limit on how many times a tether grab can grab the ledge before it won't connect. Add that limit to regular ledge grabs and the problem's solved.

Jonas

Smash Champion
OR just don't have invinciibility on edge release. I don't know what Sakurai was thinking.

BTW Ike can only Up B the edge 3 times. The fourth time he just falls down lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now that I think about it. What WAS he thinking with that?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Preventing ledge stalling? Btw, did not know that about Ike.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The LGL doesn't even work, Diddy. Instead of making people approach, it just gives people losses that should never have happened.

Which is sad. This is why I want it gone. So the game can progress by making rules that actually have a benefit to gameplay, and not screw over characters who don't deserve it. It has no balancing factor, it's just annoying.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
Hey guys instead of doing just rosters, lets do a roster for what we think the DLC characters should be! Base it off on your roster and include characters that you didn't include.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Most wanted stages? For me, those are:

Past stages:
Saffron City
Peach's Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Poke Floats
Battlefield (Melee)
Great Bay
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island- (64)
Kirby's Dreamland- (64)

Original
Rainbow Road- (Mario Kart)
Frog Forest- (Sonic Heroes)
Phendrana Drifts- (Metroid Prime)
Egg Fleet- (Sonic Heroes)
Tropical Resort- (Sonic Colors)
Pyramid Cave- (Sonic Adventure 2)
Speed Highway- (Sonic Adventure/Sonic Generations)
Chemical Plant- (Sonic 2/Sonic Generations)
Realgam Tower- (Pokemon Colosseum)

D

Deleted member

I know we aren't on FE discussion, but I finally figured out who the ideal 4th Rep would be. (Assuming Roy returns, and Ike stays).
Leaf.

This would make the four main series Akaneia, Jugdral, Elibe, and Tellius have a rep.
Akaneia = Marth
Jugdral = Leaf
Elibe = Roy
Tellius = Ike

And Leaf has access to more than just a sword in one of his games; he can use an axe, lance, bow, staff, fire magic, thunder magic, wind magic, and light magic.

While I doubt Fire Emblem would have a 4th, I can say without a doubt, Leaf > Krom.
Best of all, Marth's white costume references Leaf as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about Chrome? I think he will make it, Ike and especially Roy are extras.

D

Deleted member

Kuma said he was looking for unique gameplay, how about a character that can switch fighting styles and weapons as a command?

For example, Leaf could have Sword Mode, Lance Mode, Axe Mode, Bow Mode (think Hawkeye), and Magic Mode.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His role in Fire Emblem is pretty much over, as much as I dislike it. I really like Ike, but he could very well not return. Roy is even less likely...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unique gameplay? Chrome fails on that. Unless Ike actually uses more projectile-based gameplay.

In addition, Hector itself would already be unique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector is unlikely, but I'd really he thrilled to see him in!

And I don't think you can say that about Chrome, you don't know if he's unique or not. He very well could. Although swords are a bit boring yes. But if they just keep it with 2 sword characters it'd be fine.

Which is why I don't have high hopes for Ike and Roy.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wasn't there speculation that Chrome's sword is called the Binding Blade Falchion or something. Like a combination of Marth and Roy's sword? Which probably makes no sense.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there speculation that Chrome's sword is called the Binding Blade Falchion or something. Like a combination of Marth and Roy's sword? Which probably makes no sense.

Oh SNAP. That means Krom will get in, while Marth and Ike get cut, and Roy stays gone.

Krom is all we need now. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It was literally named after Marth's Falchion, but maybe that's just for demos. I don't think they'll keep that name. Would be kinda weird if they would.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So far, we know nothing about Chrome other than him looking quite a lot like Ike, and may just be an expy of him.(well, the heavy swordsman bit) So as of right now, I cannot call unique. In addition, Hector is indeed already more unique so far.

I wouldn't say likely anyway. To be honest, it really depends how popular Chrome is.

Marth, I see coming back. I think we'll just see whoever Intelligent Systems gives an idea for. I wouldn't be surprised if they chose Chrome, though. Otherwise, I'd love to see Marth, Roy, and Ike playable in general.

D

Deleted member

Why stop there? Why not have him facing off against Bowser, and partnering with Falco against him, as his quest to save Marth, who he is unaware is a guy, so he's attracted to him.

And then have him fight a giant evil version of him, all the while a user that goes by "Krom" constantly annoys the SSB5 Discussion by constantly mentioning how Justin Bailey should replace Zero Suit Samus due to her latest appearance in Metroid: Spacebound Cannon? :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As long as they jump out of the bushes together as an introduction it'll be fine I guess.

D

Deleted member

But what were they doing in the bushes in the first place? :awesome:
Bear in mind, Krom doesn't know Marth's a dude. And I don't think Marth would lead him on like that unless a yoai fangirl was writing the story.
EDIT: But if that was the case, Krom wouldn't CARE that he was a guy in the first place. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fighting Goombas, cause they stole Marth's tiara hoard probably.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Felt like posting this: http://www.modojo.com/features/will_super_smash_bros_3ds_and_wii_u_be_two_separate_games/

Basically saying it wouldn't be a good idea if they made the 3DS and Wii U games have the exact same content and suggesting there should be some big differences. One suggestion they made is to make characters exclusive to one console (suggesting some can be transferred to other system while others can't be transferred.) The same goes with the games' title, stages, and collectibles.

Do you think the games will have a huge amount of content difference or a small amount (can't be none since of the upgradable 3DS character that can be transferred to Wii U)? I might see them have some exclusives but I'm praying we'll have the ability to transfer all content to each other.

What do you think?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, discussing the sexuality of the FE characters, Marth is actually a thousand fold more straight than Ike. Marth marries a chick, Ike runs of with a dude (or a half dude, half gaint blue cat) never to be seen again.

Nobody beats Roy in straightness though. He could get ALL dem wimanz in FE6. No joke.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Diddy, um, being manly/womanly has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Many straight guys are feminine. Many straight females are masculine. They're unrelated entirely.

It was a joke on his Tiara. Even when I thought I was straight, I was entirely feminine. And so on.

Anyway, sexual orientation =/= feminine/masculine.

@Wario Bros.: That'd be a bad business decision. The key thing is that both games would be wanted, since you would have stuff that's only one from one version. It's the same reason why people buy both Pokemon games, etc. You want to promote both. If they're exactly the same besides... controls, you won't get as many sales.

D

Deleted member

@Wario Bros.

I would rather not have so much exclusive characters as much as a new experience featured on each game.

Like possibly with the Custom Character thing, you can customize a character on the 3DS version, and play as a Custom Character as much as you want. You can't do this in the Wii U version. HOWEVER, you can transfer a limited number of Customs from the 3DS version to play on the Wii U version.

Alternatively, certain unlocks can only be accessed for the versions by connecting to the other.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma said he was looking for unique gameplay, how about a character that can switch fighting styles and weapons as a command?

For example, Leaf could have Sword Mode, Lance Mode, Axe Mode, Bow Mode (think Hawkeye), and Magic Mode.
I actually suggested that for Zamus. Let Down B switch between the gun and plasma whip. I was kind of disappointed that the whip wasn't used much in her final moveset for Brawl. Let the gun moveset be kind of like MvC3 Jill while the whip moveset is similar to Ivy and Whip (KoF).

The problem with the Leaf idea, as I addressed to M&SG, is that the switching isn't quick enough. You're forced to rotate through them. This kind of thing is best limited to two weapons/fighting styles. Pokemon Trainer, though, can be fixed by making the taunts actual moves, like Luigi's kick taunt.

Marth, the womanliest man alive. :p

...Womanliest is a word?!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still, its an uncommon situation. Oh well, its not my cup of soup anyway. One of my best friends is gay though, but still...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We know is we transfer the 3DS character onto the Wii U but do you think there's a possibility that a 3DS could do a live match against the Wii U game? The Playstation systems have done that.

Also, watching a Brawl vid where 2 Giga Bowser fighting each other, that made me think if Bowser still has Giga Bowser for a final Smash, they it should make so his costume color will transfer over to Giga Bowser instead of one color for him (and any other Final Smashes that transform the character like Ganondorf).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have a feeling you can atleast use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U.

And I doubt they could play against eachother directly. It seems outside of the realm of what Nintendo can do these days. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom