• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think people were suggesting taunts, but that seems a fairly neat idea as well. :)

Also, thats what I meant, I'm saying shortie is also suggesting the replacement. It's no problem, of course, is just interesting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I NEVER liked the way the whole Samus/Zamus thing worked through the Final Smash. For those that main one or the other, you're forced to have to play both in a very bad way. I think they're better off separated because Sakurai can't seem to do the whole yin-yang, two-in-one thing without one being better than the other with the two transforming pairs being our two precedents.

And for those that say that a character shouldn't get two slots, Dr. Mario says hi. Any kind of rule that might have been in place (I'll call it the Identity Rule, I forget who coined it) was negated by Dr. Mario.

On Pokemon Trainer, that's what I had in mind, and the switching could work like some cross between MvC and Tekken Tag Tournament.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like Taunts for transformations too. For Zero Suit Samus/Samus anyway.

As for the Character Selection screen, you could probably press Z to switch to the next character. Also, given the choice for Pokemon, I would have 5 slots with exactly two of each Gen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I NEVER liked the way the whole Samus/Zamus thing worked through the Final Smash. For those that main one or the other, you're forced to have to play both in a very bad way. I think they're better off separated because Sakurai can't seem to do the whole yin-yang, two-in-one thing without one being better than the other with the two transforming pairs being our two precedents.

And for those that say that a character shouldn't get two slots, Dr. Mario says hi. Any kind of rule that might have been in place (I'll call it the Identity Rule, I forget who coined it) was negated by Dr. Mario.

On Pokemon Trainer, that's what I had in mind, and the switching could work like some cross between MvC and Tekken Tag Tournament.
Well, dr. Mario is out and never coming back. Sakurai learned his lesson on that

I also have no idea what this debate is about though

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like Taunts for transformations too. For Zero Suit Samus/Samus anyway.

As for the Character Selection screen, you could probably press Z to switch to the next character. Also, given the choice for Pokemon, I would have 5 slots with exactly two of each Gen.
I actually think pokemon has a real shot at getting 6 slots this time around, although 7 would be a beautiful surprise. Although I don't want them to take slots away from other franchises, just hoping they get in some really good reps there.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I never knewq you were an Impa supporter shortie. Fair enough....
No, I definitely don't. That quote was taken WAYYY out of context. I was helping someone think of costume ideas for their own roster. Not mine. lol. No way.

ALSO, my poll hit 300 votes, so top 50 roster, and top Newcomer Tier list will be out soon~

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually think pokemon has a real shot at getting 6 slots this time around, although 7 would be a beautiful surprise. Although I don't want them to take slots away from other franchises, just hoping they get in some really good reps there.
As long as we get a 3rd and 5th(but especially 5th) Gen rep, we're good. Likewise, I do see Mewtwo and/or Lucario having decent chances to come back. Here's my realistic prediction:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Zoroark

I would clearly make PT have 1st(Charizard), 2nd(Scizor/Heracross), 3rd(Too many choices, realy) Gen then. So everybody's happy. Charizard was the top favorite of PT's Pokemon. The other two are popular, but not that much. We could use someone besides Pichu, and frankly, finding a decent 3rd Gen is hard. If only because PT having a Legendary is laughable. Let's also note that Red/Leaf/Blue in FR/LG could indeed having a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen realistically. Not sure which one, though. Medicham, Gardevoir... who knows?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, dr. Mario is out and never coming back. Sakurai learned his lesson on that

I also have no idea what this debate is about though
Yet Dr. Mario was one of the forbidden seven.

This debate is about if the characters are better off broken into separate characters or not.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But seriously, that roster is pretty much just my running joke now, I have no real expectations for it to truly be evaluated anymore. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
BLAH. Okay. Got this done. It's 300 votes at this point yo. Here's the ****.

Warning: This roster is okay, there are a few things that do make me wanna puke about it though, and you'll see them. Its not the worst I've seen. (I've had like, eight Pokemon slots once)
[COLLAPSE="Top 50 Roster"]Super Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowser
• Toad
• Yoshi

DK
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• King K. Rool
• Dixie Kong

WarioWare/Land
• Wario

Kirby
• Kirby
• Dedede
• Meta Knight
• Bandana Dee

Legend Of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda/Sheik
• Ganondorf
• Toon Link

Pokemon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Pokemon Trainer Kanto
• Lucario
• Mewtwo
• Zoroark

Metroid
• Samus/ZSS
• Ridley

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon

StarFox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Ike

Kid Icarus
• Pit
• Medusa
• Palutena

Smaller Franchises
• Game & Watch
• ROB
• Ice Climbers
• Olimar
• Little Mac
• Isaac

Third Party characters
• Sonic
• Snake
• Megaman

[/COLLAPSE]

I also did not do 50 NEWCOMERS, I did 43, because I didn't realize I didn't add enough. Oh well, the last seven had 50 or less votes, which is really, really bad.

[COLLAPSE="Newcomer Tier List"]
A Tier
• King K. Rool
• Ridley

B Tier
• Mewtwo
• Isaac
• Toad
• Krystal
• Little Mac

C Tier
• Megaman
• Medusa
• Dixie Kong
• Bandana Dee
• Palutena
• Zoroark
• Samurai Goroh
• Roy
• Junior
• Saki
• Victini
• Takamaru

D Tier
• Pichu/Bros
• Ghirahim
• Caeda
• Ashley
• Plusle & Minun
• Starfy
• Paper Mario
• Shulk
• Black Shadow
• Geno
• Ray MK
• Wauigi
• Chrome
• Banjo & Kazooie
• Claus/MM
• Mii
• Meowth
• Tom Nook
• Lip
• Impa
• Bomberman
• Captain Syrup

F*cking Balloon Tier
• Tingle
• Balloon Fighter
[/COLLAPSE]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've finally registered on this forum after lurking for about 3+ years just to say this:

Impa will never be in ssb. :sheikbrawl:
A first post well spent. Welcome to Smash Boards (posting) my friend! :awesome:

On another side note, Diddy Kong's current statements on Impa are even crazier than pre-Brawl when he said that Sigurd was likely. (at least, that's what I think he said) Then again, I guess you get a pass, since I originally felt the Brawl roster could have up to 60 characters (or that it could be better than Melee, which is laughable). Regardless, you are suppose to get more wise with experience, not less wise. C'MON MAN!
Actually, a lot of think Impa would be awesome in SSB4. It's just the replacing Sheik part we don't agree with.
Good point. I'd like to add that if we were getting pitches for Impa to be a late Sheik clone, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It's just the whole "Sheik replaced by Impa" thing that drives us nuts (from one particular poster).
Anyway, it's true. Meta Knight got pretty much everything. Hell, he's the most important character in the SSE in general. The rest are bit players.
You summed this up perfectly. This paints how Meta Knight compares in tournaments to other characters pretty well... :awesome:

And Luco, I think an actual "taunt" that well... "taunts" would be a great idea (for most characters) as a 4th taunt. Personally, I would like to see the following:
Mario - Taunt the nearest opponent and does a typical Jumpan jump.
Luigi - Does some karate ninja crap.
Peach - Starts popping up hearts.
Bowser - Lets out a flame aura and pounds his fists on the ground.
Donkey Kong - Yells "ugh ugh ugh" while doing generic "one buff arm up, one buff arm down" poses.
Diddy Kong - Flips his own hat and chases his tail.
Link - Does his Melee (less than heterosexual) hair flip.
Toon Link - Does the Young Link Melee taunt (the Lon Lon Milk drink of super long length).
Zelda - Turns into Sheik, as the Triforce of Wisdom appears behind her.
Sheik - The same thing as Zelda's, but she turns into Zelda.
Ganondorf - Raises his fist, as the Triforce of Power on his hand starts glowing, a dark aura glows around him, and the Triforce of Power symbol shines behind him.
Samus - Takes off her helmet and takes a quick deep breath, and then puts it back on.
Zero Suit Samus - Pulls out her gun, takes a knee, and poses like she's about to shoot (and can taunt nearby foes).
Yoshi - Lets out it's tongue (which makes "yellm" noise) at the beat of the Super Mario World theme (or optionally the main theme of each character, of a theme from a character's game)
Kirby - Puts on a nighttime hat and falls asleep until the control stick is pushed.
Meta Knight - Pulls out his sword, slashes violently above him, and draws himself with magical lights.
King Dedede - Pulls out three Waddle Dees and juggles them quickly.
Fox - Does his Smash 64 taunt (except he can taunt other characters with it).
Falco - Calls Peppy, and tells him whoever he is fighting (by name) is "a cakewalk."
Wolf - Does a few poses with his claws (and does a final pose he freezes on at the end) and says "Can't let you do that *insert name here *" (he say Star Fox when it's Fox).
Pikachu - Does Pichu's Melee taunts (on the left, poses on the ground; on the right, dances up and down).
Jigglypuff - Pulls out a mic and says it's name repeatedly in a singing voice.
Squirtle - Lifts it's arms up to show off it's (limited) physical strength.*
Ivysaur - Does a creepy face (as if it was using the move lick).*
Charizard - Lifts up it's wings and flaps them very fast while releasing an epic roar.*
*During each of these while the Pokémon Trainer yells things likes "you can beat *character* *Pokémon*" "finish *character* off *Pokémon*" and the likes, kind of like the text dialogue in the Pokémon video games.
Lucario - Closes it's eyes and meditates for a quick minute while an aura builds up around it, then disappears (during which Lucario may mention something about an opponent).
Captain Falcon - Does his Melee celebration where he kneels, reaches his arms out, yells "YYEEAAHHHHH!!!!" and starts vibrating... WHILE ON FIREEEE!!!!
Ness - :ness: < Does that while a cameraman lands from the sky and a dialogue bar comes out that says "SAY FUZZY PICKLES!" (and then the cameraman flies away).
Lucas - Says something cute and quirky while he strokes his hair (as if to grease it up).
Ice Climbers - The two Ice Climbers do one of a variation of their "secret handshakes"
as if they were basketball players!
:laugh:
Mr. Game and Watch - Multiple Game and Watches appear, and start doing one of several dances.
Marth - Marth stares at his blade while he feels the blade, then he spins it around and is ready for combat. (perhaps he says something in Japanese!)
Ike - Grabs his sword and holds if behind his body and yells something at his opponent (with lines or variations like "I'll dominant you with my blade/Aether attack").
Pit - Has his wings rotate around like clocks while he says something about his opponent.
Wario - Farts a small bit, puts a hand over his mouth, and says "OOPSIE!!!" :laugh:
Captain Olimar - Has various Pikmin dance around him like he's some sort of God or something.
R.O.B. - ROB pulls out a TV, and starts playing Gyromite until the players presses a button or pushes the control stick.
Snake - His OctoCamo has glitches, he turns his appearance like that of a random character (playable, non-playable, Pokéball Pokémon, assist trophy character, boss, etc), yells "WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?" while looking at himself and then changes back.
Sonic - Sonic dash dances super quick, and yells either "catch me if you can," "Sonic's my name, speed's my game" or various lines like that (or taunts a specific opponent)

@ Shortie
Your lack of a "W" (for Waluigi") tier with the likes of Waluigi, Paper Luigi, Baby Daisy, and Impa created a disturbance in the force... *starts breathing like Darth Vader*

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
/Reads what has been talked so far/

Niice. Diddy, ya better keep your promise on that.

Also... THE LOGIC OF SMASH. ARGH

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is some more proof about Roy's Japanese popularity:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/k_tohyo/index.html

This was an official poll done by Intelligent Systems.

By comparison, here is an official poll that was done for FE7 (the first international FE):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html

Notice that none of the lords from that game are in first, and that Lyn is even sixth place.

There was in addition an official poll done in Nintendo Dream (the official Nintendo magazine in Japan) in regards to who was the most popular Fire Emblem character in the entire GBA Fire Emblem trilogy. Guess who won? Roy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, would you look who made the list? :awesome:

Yo John, I never said Sigurd was likely, I was a huge Ike supporter back then. I would just thought Sigurd would be cool for a third FE character.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a stage concept that I recently had in mind...

Rainbow Road

[collapse=Rainbow Road]
[/collapse]

Rainbow Road is a stage which operates in a similar manner as Melee's Mute City. Players will fight on a flat battlefield that'll follow the track, and at times, it'll stop at different areas of the race track. Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road is used for this stage.

While fighting, players must watch out for any incoming Shy Guys, which will be racing around. Unlike with Brawl's Mario Circuit, however, the karts will vary for each Shy Guy.

When the fight takes place on the moon, some Incoming Chomps may land on the battlefield. Players will be damaged if they collide with them.

Apart from those two hazards, Rainbow Road is pretty much a straightforward type of moving stage.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here's a stage concept that I recently had in mind...

Rainbow Road

[collapse=Rainbow Road]
[/collapse]

Rainbow Road is a stage which operates in a similar manner as Melee's Mute City. Players will fight on a flat battlefield that'll follow the track, and at times, it'll stop at different areas of the race track. Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road is used for this stage.

While fighting, players must watch out for any incoming Shy Guys, which will be racing around. Unlike with Brawl's Mario Circuit, however, the karts will vary for each Shy Guy.

When the fight takes place on the moon, some Incoming Chomps may land on the battlefield. Players will be damaged if they collide with them.

Apart from those two hazards, Rainbow Road is pretty much a straightforward type of moving stage.
Looks great. I still question Mario Circut over Rainbow Road on Brawl...

Anyways, on the matter of stages, in Custom Build, you can't make crumbling platforms like in the FE stage, Castle Siege. You also can't add much to the stages. I think that needs a tune-up, maybe.

So, in new stages, I'm working on one right now called Liberty Tower. Unlike the stage I have in my Victini Blog, it's inside the tower. I'll finish/post it later.

You guys might not be interested, but yesterday, around 2, I got the event Arceus that was voted for. Here's the information of how to get him, and the timeline:
Serebii:

For those of you with the international games, the special Arceus download on the Pokémon Global Link is to begin at 13:00 local time today. This Arceus is given away after Arceus won the Vote to Befriend a Pokémon poll back in November. It is Level 100 with no Hidden Ability or special moves. The password to access Arceus has yet to be given but will be posted at some point during today. This event runs until the 1st of May 2012 so you have plenty time to download

The password is ARCEUSVOTE. You need a Pokemon account and a Pokemon Global Link account.

EDIT: Listening to the wind is not as fun as listening to you guys ramble ._.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Stage builder definitely needs a big overhaul and a better way to send stages to your friends.

I was thinking they should start off with more, actually interesting, backgrounds. Then add 3 base platforms, similar to FD, in 3 sizes and 3 kinds of falling through platforms each a different size. Then add quirks like floating platforms that come in and out, hell maybe even a transformtion for the stage!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
6 more days... :rolleyes:

Anyways, yeah Rainbow Road would make an ok stage. Just, not one of my biggests wants stage wise. Gangplank Galleon is definitely nr.1. Second comes Sunset Shore. Skyloft / Temple of the Goddess is another stage I'd like, but otherwise I don't really nececary want any stages. As long as there are far more fair stages, and less gimicky ones than we had in Brawl I'm cool. Though, Lylat Cruise was ****ing great! I want more good stages with awesome scenery as that.

Stage Builder needed stuff to use from the SSE. Like backgrounds, obstacles, you name it. It was cool that it was there in Brawl, but damn you really get bored quickly with just 3 background options. How can I ever use all the music in the game if I cannot create a suitable stage for them? :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Diddy Kong said:
I wanna say something unappropriate here.
Better idea is to not say it.

I'm hoping for the end-of-game data omits annoying crap like Ledge Grabs and Air Time. Mainly for competitive tournaments. These arbitary rules are crap and hurts the scene severely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom