• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
@--- Don't worry about it if it's so much info, I'll just Wiki it , any game recommendations? :)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think as a party game Mega man o rOkami work best and I think they should get spots in Wii U and 3DS respectively.

However as for competitive play , I think Ryu works best. He has his B and upB down pat with good moves to take from SF for his downsmash and aerials and I think he could work. But I don't care about him unless he game played like Melee.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What if Smash treats 3rd party characters like guest characters (e.g. Link in Soul Caliber). This could mean they would get rid of Sonic and Snake to add two new characters like Square and Capcom (Black Mage and Megaman).

D

Deleted member

What if Smash treats 3rd party characters like guest characters (e.g. Link in Soul Caliber). This could mean they would get rid of Sonic and Snake to add two new characters like Square and Capcom (Black Mage and Megaman).
If Smash is going to have new 3rd Parties, they will be along with the ones we got.
Snake was a request by a close friend to Sakurai.
Sonic was heavily demanded by fans, AND has the Mario & Sonic series to go on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Krisp, that would only apply if Smash Bros. was a Party game. It's a Fighting game with party elements.(note that none of these elements are required in fighting either)

As for MegaMan getting in, he's great fighting-wise.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Online idea- You don't need friend codes to get friends, but if you have a friend code and the other person has yours then you talk while fighting online through the wii u mic. Or video chat.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Megaman is single handedly the most boring third party choice we have left.

Mega Buster, Copy Abilities, Somthing involving his animal buddies. Moveset. I call it.
Bara Man is a pretty cool guy. Eh, trolls the fanboys and doesn't afraid of anything.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Krisp, that would only apply if Smash Bros. was a Party game. It's a Fighting game with party elements.(note that none of these elements are required in fighting either)
I'd say it's a party game first, sadly. That's not to say they can't be deep as hell but the metagame is one hundred percent created by us.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
If Smash is going to have new 3rd Parties, they will be along with the ones we got.
Snake was a request by a close friend to Sakurai.
Sonic was heavily demanded by fans, AND has the Mario & Sonic series to go on.
You don't know if that's the case. Anything is possible.
Also the creator of Metal Gear Solid series isn't a close friend of Sakurai. He was begged to be on it.
Sonic was demanded by fans and he got in now it's time to move on. Look at Mewtwo fans. I don't see where the Mario and Sonic crossover series has anything to do with it.

What people fail to mention is that this is a NINTENDO ALL-STAR game. It should be primaraly of Nintendo all-stars.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@--- Don't worry about it if it's so much info, I'll just Wiki it , any game recommendations? :)
If it's your first time, I'd recommend MM5, it's the easiest in the series.

MM1-3, 9, and X are all good games as well.

But if you're looking for a good bundle, try looking for both Anniversary collections, together they should both run around $20, and you get all together around 17 games.

yani

Smash Lord
You don't know if that's the case. Anything is possible.
Also the creator of Metal Gear Solid series isn't a close friend of Sakurai. He was begged to be on it.
Sonic was demanded by fans and he got in now it's time to move on. Look at Mewtwo fans. I don't see where the Mario and Sonic crossover series has anything to do with it.

What people fail to mention is that this is a NINTENDO ALL-STAR game. It should be primaraly of Nintendo all-stars.
He begged to be in because he is a close friend. Sonic was hugely demanded, if he's removed there will be mobs! The M&S Crossover series is doing pretty well, plus Mario & Sonic is hype IMO.

Though anything can happen with third parties :| I hope they stay though.

@--- Thanks, I'll look into it for sure :)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
He begged to be in because he is a close friend. Sonic was hugely demanded, if he's removed there will be mobs! The M&S Crossover series is doing pretty well, plus Mario & Sonic is hype IMO.

Though anything can happen with third parties :| I hope they stay though.
M&S Crossover series doing pretty well? I've played the summer olympic one and it sucked really bad. I would give it a 3 out of 10 score if I rated it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say it's a party game first, sadly. That's not to say they can't be deep as hell but the metagame is one hundred percent created by us.
All metagames are created by the players. The gameplay is based around fighting your opponent, not mini-games. That's what a Fighting game is.

@Master Rapier: The Mario & Sonic games are immensely popular, regardless of their quality.

D

Deleted member

I know what you mean. Mewtwo is one of my favorite pokemon but do you really expect Mewtwo to make a return? It's possible but I wouldn't be placing any bets for it.
Let's see...
1. Mewtwo was cut due to time restraints, and those restraints caused him to be outprioritized by Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf.
2. Has the most unused data of the cut characters, so he was the last to be cut.
3. One of the most requested characters worldwide.
4. Has a major role coming up in Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition.
5. Is getting a lot of exposure despite not being a Unova Pokemon.

I'd bet my soul that he returns.

EDIT: Racking fracking double post.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What do you guys think about Ayumi Tachibana? She was one of the protangonist of the Famicom Tantei Club series. They are popular, Japanese-exclusive NES mystery games that revolve around solving mysteries/murders, like Ace Attorney but without the court. It is considered one of Nintendo's darkest games in history. She would have a clumsy, but serious playstyle along with her breif case and magnifying glass from the games. She appeared as a trophy in Melee, as well as the games having a SNES and GBA port. Ayumi would be a semi-joke character like Phoenix Wright and was fairly requested in the pre-Brawl days. She would be a great retro, female, and mystery game rep. I'd see her having a better chance than Kyle Hyde or Ashley Robbins.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What do you guys think about Ayumi Tachibana? She was one of the protangonist of the Famicom Tantei Club series. They are popular, Japanese-exclusive NES mystery games that revolve around solving mysteries/murders, like Ace Attorney but without the court. It is considered one of Nintendo's darkest games in history. She would have a clumsy, but serious playstyle along with her breif case and magnifying glass from the games. She appeared as a trophy in Melee, as well as the games having a SNES and GBA port. Ayumi would be a semi-joke character like Phoenix Wright and was fairly requested in the pre-Brawl days. She would be a great retro, female, and mystery game rep. I'd see her having a better chance than Kyle Hyde or Ashley Robbins.
Whoops need to fully read these things. I don't know enough about her to make an opinion.

D

Deleted member

I believe she would fall under the category of "Won't be playable if it doesn't make sense for them to fight", due to being just a simple Japanese schoolgirl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@R.O.B.: If we can get an export, sure. Sakurai seems adamant now on worldwide-only playable characters unless he planned a character before that rule(Lucas is an example of this).

Anyway, it depends if Sakurai still with two new Pokemon per game AND he allows more than 4 slots.(not counting costumes/3-in-1 characters)

D

Deleted member

On the Mewtwo return bet. I wouldn't do any gambling if I were you.
Why? Because I'm essentially doing the equivilent of betting all my money in a slot machine and becoming a mega trillionare?

What's your argument for Mewtwo not returning? "DURR HE WUZN'T IN BRAWL"?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I believe she would fall under the category of "Won't be playable if it doesn't make sense for them to fight", due to being just a simple Japanese schoolgirl.
ROB would fit under that category and he got in.

Mewtwo is a first gen pokemon and with Pikachu, Jiggs, PK Trainer that slot is a bit flooded. He doesn't really add to anything other then fandom. I don't see a separate crossover game making any difference. If that's the case then we should have had a Namco rep in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

By what baseless conclusion have you come to that?
All I've been hearing was bias.

Especially considering that it was SAKURAI HIMSELF that made the rule.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
By what baseless conclusion have you come to that?
All I've been hearing was bias.

Especially considering that it was SAKURAI HIMSELF that made the rule.
Do you know anything about ROB? He stars in two games and does cameo in others. None of them he fights or does anything he does in brawl.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo is a first gen pokemon and with Pikachu, Jiggs, PK Trainer that slot is a bit flooded. He doesn't really add to anything other then fandom. I don't see a separate crossover game making any difference. If that's the case then we should have had a Namco rep in Brawl.

Piss poor reason. Sakurai doesn't give a rat's *** about "fair" representation for Gens. For all he's concerned, they're all just Pokemon.
Do you see a 2nd and 3rd Gen in Brawl? No. Just three 1st Gens (with a fourth one planned) and a 4th Gen. And really, all ANYONE has at this point is fandom.

And Namco's a 3rd Party. Logic is flawed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Diddy
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone, even if you're trolling. You've gotta stop the Impa discussion, especially since you're bringing the roles into account and that means nothing from a gameplay standpoint. In other words, it's hurting your argument.

The problem is the opportunity cost behind that. By removing those two characters, you're making way less money than you would if you include them. Both of them have sizable fan bases both in and out of the Smash circles.

I'm going to bring up this topic again, but this time, under strict rules.

Should Samus/Zamus and Zelda/Sheik be broken up into separate slots?

Rules:
1. Do not take take into account who these characters are or their series of origin.
2. Focus on the playstyles, not the characters.
3. You must argue for or against the transformations for gameplay reasons.
4. Importance in Smash or in their respective series is irrelevant.
5. Do not take into account who these characters are or their series of origin.

D

Deleted member

Do you know anything about ROB? He stars in two games and does cameo in others. None of them he fights or does anything he does in brawl.
First off, being a PERIPHERAL, not a CHARACTER, Nintendo can do whatever the **** they want with him.
Make him drive a kart and attack other drivers in Mario Kart? Sure.
Make him a collectable item (his head, anyway) in Pikmin 2? Sure.
Use him as a boss in a WarioWare microgame based off of StarFox? Sure.
Make him a common enemy and a playable fighter in Smash Bros.? Sure.

Second, point to me where Zelda and Sheik did any fighting prior to Melee.
How about Captain Falcon? Are you honestly going to tell me that he can Falcon Punch people in the middle of a race?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Piss poor reason. Sakurai doesn't give a rat's *** about "fair" representation for Gens. For all he's concerned, they're all just Pokemon.
Do you see a 2nd and 3rd Gen in Brawl? No. Just three 1st Gens (with a fourth one planned) and a 4th Gen. And really, all ANYONE has at this point is fandom.

And Namco's a 3rd Party. Logic is flawed.
Oh I'm sure you know everything about sakurai. Are you writing a biography? Looking at the rosters in Pokemon and Fire Emblem he has someone to represent the first gen (PK trainer and Marth) and someone to represent the latest gen (Pichu > Lucario and Roy > Ike). Unlike you I only consider my ideas as theories and not actual facts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai didn't choose Ike or Roy. He only chose Marth in the first place.

He does not do relevancy or latest Gen. Considering he made sure to have 3rd Gen stuff in Brawl(most Pokeball Pokemon, the only boss, possibly a character...), well, frankly, he chose Lucario because he's much more popular than Plusle & Minun(or he chose him because he was the only new Gen choice). Either way, I would've went with most popular too. Better sales and all.

Next game, the most likely scenario is Pikachu, Jigglypuff, new 1st Gen(or if Meowth isn't considered worthy enough, any character from anywhere), and 5th Gen. He has yet to have more than two new Pokemon per game.(note that I'm referring to slots) He technically could be said to have 4 new Pokemon in Brawl. Depends how you look at it. But he has yet to show returners(besides the original 12) having more importance over new characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I should have news on the Pkmn Crossover game, possibly some revelations of Grey/Gray... yup. Not really gunna get into whatever we're talking about. Too depressed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh I'm sure you know everything about sakurai. Are you writing a biography? Looking at the rosters in Pokemon and Fire Emblem he has someone to represent the first gen (PK trainer and Marth) and someone to represent the latest gen (Pichu > Lucario and Roy > Ike). Unlike you I only consider my ideas as theories and not actual facts.
That's your interpretation, not fact. Also, let's look at the context of things.

Pichu - One of the last minute clone additions and doubled as a joke character. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly the most popular character because of how bad he was.

Lucario - Despite popular belief, was NOT Mewtwo's replacement. Was also a fairly popular character at the time of development and was probably put in at request of the Pokemon Company.

Roy - One of the clones in Melee. Was popular in his own right with Melee (probably the only character that can be argued for both FE and Smash popularity). Along with Marth and Ike, was intended to be in Brawl, but, like Mewtwo, was cut due to time constraints despite being close to being complete.

Ike - Popular character, and I believe IS suggested him for Brawl themselves.

D

Deleted member

I had this nice long explanation, and Kuma ninja'd me with his summary.

Ninja Panda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom