• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
What makes the Formes interesting is the B-moveset(s)... How would those be balanced out? Is it necessary to have just one B-moveset?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can impersonate a man online (not sure if it's that easy to distinguish gender in the first place) if you guys really want. Though that wouldn't be any fun. Diversity is FUN! You all need a female in your company. Y'know, "spice" things up and whatnot.
Sorry, I'm just joking around. :p

Anyway, back on topic, a 3rd Gen rep would be nice (I'd like Deoxys), but it's just not in the cards at the moment especially with development starting up soon/already having started.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
I earlier pointed out that you could get all three Gen Pokemon in FR/LG. Why not have one of each? We could get Meowth, Heracross(who's actually been popular), and the 3rd Gen's a bit harder to choose. Kecleon's a good choice. I'd say Deoxys, but he should have his own complete slot, or atleast be purely an Alt. Costume via Wildvine's suggestion.
Dude, Meowth + Heracross + Kecleon would make me happy for life. That's the quirkiest combination of Pokemon you could come up with, and I f**king love it. Meowth is just a great idea for a Smash character, Heracross is a damn bug who will kick your ***, and Kecleon is one of those Pokemon that most people think "Wtf is this thing?" (Though he's always been a favorite of mine). Tongue for attacks? I think so.

Ughhh, quit giving me these amazing ideas and thoughts. It's not going to happen. But it's incredibly appealing to my tastes.

Sorry, I'm just joking around. :p
I know you are, hon!

aba1

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, I could see Deoxys shifting for attacks or movement instead.
For example, when he dashes, he turns into Speed Forme, when he shields, he turns into Defense Form, when he uses Smash Attacks, he turns into Attack Forme, and when he's idle or otherwise, he's Normal Forme.
And other Specials could transform him depending on the move used.
I think this is the most likely route to be taken but I still would much rather the changing forms like Leaf was saying it would make for a much more unique and interesting character. It would certainly encourage experienced players :D

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Well, if Deoxys becomes a reality, we'll know probably very little about the time the planners put into the balancing of Deoxys alone, with the Formes being controlled at will and all.

Shifting gears for a bit... anyone consider a Castlevania character or two?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dude, Meowth + Heracross + Kecleon would make me happy for life. That's the quirkiest combination of Pokemon you could come up with, and I f**king love it. Meowth is just a great idea for a Smash character, Heracross is a damn bug who will kick your ***, and Kecleon is one of those Pokemon that most people think "Wtf is this thing?" (Though he's always been a favorite of mine). Tongue for attacks? I think so.

Ughhh, quit giving me these amazing ideas and thoughts. It's not going to happen. But it's incredibly appealing to my tastes.
I have that effect on people. :awesome:

But yes. Anything works for me. I wanted to keep the types a bit different. Although I can't think of a good 3rd Gen that's a different type save the starters, but I want another 2nd Gen. In addition, Leaf Costume. YES.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
I have that effect on people. :awesome:

But yes. Anything works for me. I wanted to keep the types a bit different. Although I can't think of a good 3rd Gen that's a different type save the starters, but I want another 2nd Gen. In addition, Leaf Costume. YES.
I'm sure you do. ;)

You know if there were a Leaf costume I would be inclined, nay, required to use it at all times!

Enough discussion for me! Gonna grab some shuteye for the night. I'll definitely be back to contribute more tomorrow.

G'night, boys.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Bomberman!!!(@)

Note: I'm sure in this thread there is a bomberman moveset, or at least one has been made for this game or for Brawl but I have yet to see one so I'm putting up my own.

Intro:From his popular game series comes Bomberman into the smash series. He is light weight, but quite mobile and has a small hitbox. For comparison purposes he is slightly lighter than Ness but slightly faster and about the same height.

[COLLAPSE="Standing Position"]A(Jab):In his standing position he can do 3 different hits before resetting depending on the number of times A is pressed. He first punches the opponent doing little damage and no knockback, then a second punch doing little damage and no knockback, and finally kicks them doing little damage and sending them forward and slightly up.(Think Mario)

F-titlt: kicks his opponent sending them forward(Think Fox)

D-tilt: He crouches and kicks his opponent sending them upward(Good for setting up combos)

U-tilt: The ball on his head lights on fire burning those he touch the hitbox and sending them diagonally upward and engulfing them in flames

Dash attack: a slide kick, will slide bombs if held(think Mario)

Summary: His f-tilt is good for pressure and doing damage at close range, his d-tilt is great for setting up a U-smash at low-mid percents, his U-tilt can set up aerial combos at mid percents. Dash attack adds to metagame with bomb-kicks.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Specials"]
Neutral B: A chargeable self destruct attack. The hitbox is the same as a bob-omb coming from the center of Bomberman's body. When fully charged it does 13% damage to bomberman but no knockback, as well does the same damage and knockback as a bob-omb. When B is simply tapped, bomberman's head will puff smoke and the attack will not take place, simply leaving bombeeman helpless during lag(a dud)

>B:Is the same as luigi's, with the misfire and everything. He will be left helpless, however, after it is used so best to charge it then spam for a misfire when recovering.

^B:An upward blast which allows the player to slightly put bomberman ahead in one direction(very slightly)while facing that direction at it's peak, it goes very high so it can be used from near the bottom blastzone if the player is near the edge.(Think and upward luigi's misfire.

vB: A bomb is attained and held until thrown. Bomberman can throw the bomb(explode on any contact), use his dash attack to kick it a certain length (where it will explode after one second of reaching it's full length), drop it by rolling(where it will explode after 3 seconds), or hold it until it explodes for extra recovery(explodes in hands 15 seconds after it is brought out)
Randoms: Bomberman has the same chance of pulling out a bob-omb as Peach as well as the same chance of pulling out a smart bomb as she does a stitch face.
*Note: if vB is pressed before one of his bombs explodes, the bomb will explode after .15 seconds but another will not be taken out. Useful for detonation
**Note: When a bomb is dropped it can be slid by any character. Knockback is converted into forward momentum of the heaviest character at 0%(Bowser most likely). Bomb is grounded and for every 10% of damage done 1 second is taken off it's timer.

Summary:
Bombs are amazing for competitive plays and do good damge for a projectile. Recovery is great(helps a lot since he is really light) and chargeable B, though laggy, is a great kill move. Should be used on shield-broken/sleeping opponents.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerials"]
Nair: bomberman sticks out one leg and performs a sex kick, his body acting as they hit box, great priority but little knockback(think jiggs with less knockback)
*Note: It is possible to do a nair whilst holding a bomb. Upon hit the bomb will be stuck onto the opponent with a 3 second detonation time, the opponent can unstick it by hitting bomberman with an attack that does 8% damage or more.

Fair: Bomberman donkeypunches the air sending opponents downwards(or upwards if hit by a sweetspot on his head), a great kill move(think Mario)

Uair: Bomberman's ball on top of his lights on fire as he swings it from one side to another, little knockback but lights enemy on fire. Good for juggling at mid-high percents.

Bair: Bomberman extends one foot behind him sending the opponent away. With alright knockback it can be good for comboing/edgeguarding. Does alright damage and has a low priority but good range. Space this well.

Dair: Bomberman lays out flat in the air and planks quickly to the ground after .5 second of being still, lots of lag but sends the opponent diagonally upwards. Too slow to be good for use. (Think Bowser but weaker)
*Note: If used off stage it is a suicide unless interrupted.

Summary: Fair is a good kill move, uair can juggle lighter at mid percents but is very weak. Nair is good as a sexkick or for approaching/breaking incoming projectiles. air sucks and will get you killed in competitive play. Use bair a lot.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Smash Attacks"]
F-Smash: Bomberman puts one arm behind him and puts all his weight into a single punch. If he misses he stumbles, if he hits his fist expldoes. Exploding fist is a good kill move so don't miss. (think pikachu but since it only explodes on hit the hitbox isn't out at all unless it connects)

D-Smash: Bomberman does a spinkick, once around. Sends opponent upwards diagonally with little knockback so it sucks. Can set up combo at high-percents though.

U-Smash: Bomberman jumps out with a headbutt. His entire head becomes the hitbox and cannot be interrupted until he touches ground. The ball on his head is lit again, but only at the peak of his jump and only stays out for .25 seconds. This acts as a sweetspot and when hit can kill light-mid weights around 60-80 percent depending on stage. Great for ending a juggling combo if sweetspot is timed and spaced correctly.

Summary: F-smash is great but don't spam! D-Smash sucks but is quick so do spam? U-smash is generally good but sweetspot, if hit, is amazing.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Taunts"]
1-ball on head becomes a fuse, goes down quickly and head explodes, disorienting bomberman for one second while he is singed.

2-Holds a bomb over his head like Link in zelda 1, it explodes and a singed bomberman looks at his hands in disbelief.

3-Bomberman holds out a piece sign while 3 fireworks go off

4-Bomberman stands on a bomb then kicks it(bombs becomes an actual kicked bomb like dash attack bomb-kicking)

Summary: Go for ****ing fireworks mayne
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Final Smash"]Time is stopped, camera zooms in on Bomberman as he struggles to pull out a bomb 3-4 times the size of a bob-omb with his face on it. He drops it in front of him and kicks it.(If in air bomb will go diagonally downwards until reaching ground, then slide) Time and stage camera resume.(Bomb moves at the speed of Mewtwo's shadow ball) All who touched by the bomb get sent slightly forward and engulfed in flames. At low-mid percents(depending on DI and weight), the opponents will be juggled forward until the bomb reaches the ledge of the stage where it will immediately explode with the same power of a bob-omb but with a MUCH bigger hitbox
[/COLLAPSE]

Summary: Bomberman will probably be placed high in mid tier groupings(B) as his bomb game is great and he has good combo ability and great recovery. However, while tourney viable, he is very light weight and somewhat easily comboed a mid percents. Big stages and good DI are your friends, learn bomb placement and use your smash attacks wisely. You have great recovery and, hey, great edgeguarding aerials so use them!
Stage Idea!:
From the Bomberman games come Bomber Field. This image will play in the background while 4 Bombermen play a round.

[COLLAPSE="Bomber Field"]
Legend:
[ ]=Breakable, but non-permeable(passable)block
___(Stage)
@=bomb drop spawn
(@)(big floating bomb)
----(blastzone(kill zone))
Begin-
------------------------------
@................................@
................@
..........@..........@

.........[...]...........[...]

.....________________

...<...........(@)............>
--------------------------------

-The breakable blocks can be stood on and are slightly smaller and thicker than a platform but placed higher than those on, say, Battlefield.
-It is between the size of Dreamland and Battlefield
-The big bomb at the bottom explodes on contact, going side to side like DK's cannon barrel, could kill or save players wile doing much damage(not as strong as a bob-omb)
-Bomb droppers drop bombs randomly, similar to that in Bomberman's game, they are weaker than bob-ombs(power of Link's bomb) and only drop for 10-12 seconds every two minutes. At this time the game in the background will have gotten to the point of also dropping bombs.

Songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKXXc2DTML0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1FHj_Lo2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX98YuMhWfQ (remixed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR13j9BLhk (orchestrated)
[/COLLAPSE]

Stage Summary: fun, not very but somewhat gimmicky. Probably not tourney viable, possibly counter-pick during initial rulesets but inevitably banned.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How am I going to break it to Shorts that he's no longer the girliest speculator.

And why do we suddenly have so many newcomers? And why did at least one bring up exclusive rosters? Why do they want me to Strike them?

aba1

Smash Apprentice
KrIsP! - I always imagined BomberMan alot differently. He never really exploded in his games before he always just threw bombs. I was thinking his specials would be more like this:

b^ explodes self up by placing bomb underneath self which can be used as a recovery or to hit people on both sides

b> pulls out proxy bomb

b\/ pulls out bomb and you can charge it to make it grow bigger and bigger (he does this in bomber man 64)

b could be just pull out regular bomb

A if click with bomb in front he will kick it or do 3 hit combo

A> he pulls out and kicks a bomb, the bomb will be stronger and faster the longer charged

A^ similar to A> just throw it up instead it would be like snakes ^A

I don't have all the moves planned out but I always imagined it more like this.

His over A's could knock the opponents dizzy when they hit if they don't explode like in the bomberman games ( I dunno just a thought not saying it would work better or worse than having the bombs just explode.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Oasis: Newcomers are nice to have around, especially with so many people having left due to Impa. Good luck with Shortie though, be Strong.

@Krisp: No I think that's the first Bomberman moveset. Not bad for your first moveset. Try looking at the stage conception thread in the blog section of SWF. I believe Star has done a stage similar to the one you had in mind. ;)

aba1

Smash Apprentice
How am I going to break it to Shorts that he's no longer the girliest speculator.

And why do we suddenly have so many newcomers? And why did at least one bring up exclusive rosters? Why do they want me to Strike them?
Thanks for the friendly welcome :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even if you didn't bring up exclusive rosters, you're guilty by association.

ALSO, how did I never play Excitebike 64 when I was 10?! It looks so great. Going to have to watch a bunch of videos to better appreciate the Excited Biker.

Mach Rider x Excited Biker OTP.

Morpheus42

Smash Cadet
Is Impa really that much of a downer? Anyone who hasn't played Skyward Sword hasn't seen the light, but I can see the concern.

Look forward to an exposé of Isaac soon! :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only Hector I want to see in this game is Prof. Hector

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, would you look who made the list? :awesome:
I am the best list maker on this thread... because I know how to impress everyone by typing out lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of words! :laugh:
Yo John, I never said Sigurd was likely, I was a huge Ike supporter back then. I would just thought Sigurd would be cool for a third FE character.
Huh, well my bad.

And can't we all agree all of the characters in the 3DS version of smash should be in the Wii U version=??? I mean it is one thing if there is a slightly smaller roster on the 3DS smash bros, but having any amount of characters on the 3DS smash bros but not on the Wii U smash bros would be disappointing. Although if we do get exclusives for one game (stages and especially characters), I would be fine with that only, and only if they were DLC for the other game, or if it was for the Wii U smash bros only (because of the Wii U game undoubtedly having more memory).

But seriously, the two games should have all (or nearly all) of the same characters, items, stages, etc. The gameplay, story, and single-player modes should be totally different, especially the gameplay. Two completely different, but awesome smash bros experiences would be friggen sweet! :) I wouldn't focus on the next sequel for a decade. :cool:
When I get the chance, I'm getting one. I use GC controls for all three Smashes available at this point, why stop now?
The only reason I would switch from a Gamecube-esk controller would be for one with a better grip, bigger B button, a select button, a bigger start button, a better control pad, a better Z button, and a button opposite the Z button (maybe make the Z button a R1, make the R an R2, make the L-button the L2 button, and add a L1 button to be like the old Z button; also, make the Z button easier to push down).

That would be my perfect controller for smash. :p
Breloom? I guess everyone has their pet choice they like.
Hey, Breloom is an awesome Pokémon (although way overpowered in Generation IV). It would be an incredible Pokéball Pokémon. :bee:

On a side note since you all are harassing the one girl, I have let my girlfriend add in comments on some of my posts here before. Of course, she also thinks Toon Link is Jesus in a skirt, so you can't tell the difference. :awesome:
Because Sakurai just finished making Kid Icarus: Uprising. That attracted noticeably more people into the subject of smash bros, and obviously if they want to hear words of the wise, they come here to listen to me talk about the pre-Brawl speculation in the Vietnam War of the American Revolution of 1733 against the Holy Roman Moroccan Empire in Great Britain Spain! :laugh: :chuckle: :smirk:
Shut up, Psycho. Everyone knows Professor Vector Oak Elm is better.
Fixed! :bee:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So much new guys coming in here...

Well, might get to know them during this weekend. Hi for every new guy here, hope you enjoy it in this board.

Also, Deoxys-talk?

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Fixed....now I agree. :bee:
Yeah... no. Unless I remove Mewtwo, Lucario, or PT for him. I ain't skipping a generation when two new characters are more than good enough. Perhaps replace Pichu with Heracross, then we're good. Or Scizor. Pichu wasn't terribly popular(but people DO miss him).

Having both Deoxys and Zoroark is already a great choice. Likewise, then we need another character. So far, it's been 2, 2, 4. Add another 4, or add another 2. Not going to kill the only rep for yet another 1st Gen anyway. They got more than enough love.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's hard to choose between him and Heracross. Both are great options. Albeit, as much as I'd like to have different type rep with no repeats, it just won't work anyway. The best and most popular happen to be Steel or Fighting(when it comes to get 2). But eh.

All the more reason we choose a character for more than just a type or weapon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nice. I still want Genesect to be the Box Legendary, though. I'm still not a fan of DL Characters in Pokemon. Mainly because the theme is catching them all. In a fighting game, the theme is different.(completionists want it for both, but you're not encouraged like in Pokemon)

Needs moar Genesect regardless, and Kyurem's super easy to get, so having it as a Box Legendary feels kind of like a copout. On the other hand, I can see a lot of story potential. Just make Genesect non-DLC and we're good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
John I know how to impress everyone to, ain't nobody seen someone as obstinate as me. :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nice. I still want Genesect to be the Box Legendary, though. I'm still not a fan of DL Characters in Pokemon. Mainly because the theme is catching them all. In a fighting game, the theme is different.(completionists want it for both, but you're not encouraged like in Pokemon)

Needs moar Genesect regardless, and Kyurem's super easy to get, so having it as a Box Legendary feels kind of like a copout. On the other hand, I can see a lot of story potential. Just make Genesect non-DLC and we're good.
It makes no sense having Genesect be the Box Art when Kyurem has more of a face, at present time, with Zekrom and Reshiram. Like Giratina, it's only natural to make Kyurem the mascot of Gray/Grey.

Kyurem isn't obtainable until after Hall of Fame, and you have to get to him, which without help, can take awhile (It's like a puzzle, if you never done it before). But once you get to him, Master Ball ftw, or use Ultra Ball x Sleep x Flase Swipe Cobalion.

Who would want to put Genesect's ugly face on the front of a box. Maybe the back?
How about not on the box? :troll: That makes sense.

John I know how to impress everyone to, ain't nobody seen someone as obstinate as me. :awesome:

Ain't that the truth..? :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It makes no sense having Genesect be the Box Art when Kyurem has more of a face, at present time, with Zekrom and Reshiram. Like Giratina, it's only natural to make Kyurem the mascot of Gray/Grey.
I'd like Kyurem is he wasn't another goddamn dragon. Instant turn-off. Genesect should be available without Download-only. That's what makes him cooler. Likewise, why COPY Giratina's role anyway? In addition, Kyurem is severely overrated.

Kyurem isn't obtainable until after Hall of Fame, and you have to get to him, which without help, can take awhile (It's like a puzzle, if you never done it before). But once you get to him, Master Ball ftw, or use Ultra Ball x Sleep x Flase Swipe Cobalion.
Nor is Mewtwo. Rayquaza's not even hard to get either. Nor is Suicune. :p Genesect wins out by simply being already a new kind of Legendary. That, and he can make an interesting storyline that isn't just combining the earlier two games. I'd rather have that instead. I'm sure they can make a third storyline that isn't B + W. Grey can be unique on its own without relying on the other two as is. Because if all they're doing is making Kyurem important, then it's more likely they're adding just a bit more to the original, but not being all that unique. It's just another side of the story and could've been in the originals. If they did so much work to make B/W not only original, but different from eachother in general(much like 3rd Gen), why not give a completely different story outside of the original versions?

In other words, stop relying on those exact same dragons, as in copying what every other game does, and be unique. I want something new. Kyurem won't give that. He could be part of the storyline, but Genesect would already bring something not done twice already. (seriously, the whole idea that a Dragon controls the other two Box Legendaries was just repeated in D/P/P. It's not exactly the same, but we already know of that in B/W. That part could be fleshed out more, but it doesn't need to be the focus yet again. B/W, last I checked, was supposed to be an unique storyline, not a carbon copy again. It's bad enough that they keep making Box Legendaries dragons(and seriously, it needs to stop. It ain't Legendary if we see it all the damn time. The impact is lost), but they give little love to other types as is for Legendaries). Genesect not only makes a non-dragon legendary important again, it also is a Legendary that we don't have, and should be able to get it during NORMAL gameplay. Especially when it can't be bred most likely.

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
Krisp, that Bomberman set provides for one hell-of-an interesting character. I really enjoyed reading your ideas. You sure fleshed him out to seem a lot neater than I originally had thought!

Hi to everyone who recently has welcomed me. And to note, I'm not a new member to SWF. Well, I am with this account, but I used to be around pre-Brawl for speculation!

D

Deleted member

Kyurem has a new Forme, eh? Wonder if it will be suited for Smash gameplay :troll:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Skyleaf: Well it's nice to have more people from Pre-Brawl. What happened to your old account then?

Kyurem with a new form? It's nice to see it's pretty much been confirmed, I doubt it will effect Smash, but I do wonder what it'll be like. I'm hoping for a new type (I've always wanted to see a Grass Dragon).

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
What was your old name, Skyleaf?
It was a variation of Knux. Possibly an extra x or a hyphen before. I dunno, that was a good 5 years ago!

@Skyleaf: Well it's nice to have more people from Pre-Brawl. What happened to your old account then?

Kyurem with a new form? It's nice to see it's pretty much been confirmed, I doubt it will effect Smash, but I do wonder what it'll be like. I'm hoping for a new type (I've always wanted to see a Grass Dragon).
(: I agree. 'Nostalgiacizing' is fun. And my old account? I stayed around SWF for about a year after Brawl released during my sophomore year of high school, and then just kinda left it alone. I still played Smash all the time, and I still do. And now I'm at college and I got a new e-mail and whatnot, new priorities. I'm just now finding time to come back to the forums. Boy do I miss posting on discussion boards.

I doubt it would be Grass/Dragon, but man, do I want that combination. Everyone seems to like Dragon types, even if they don't want to admit it. But Grass is by far my favorite type in Pokemon, and I'm so eager for that pairing. IF Kyurem were to go that route, I could see it as a Kyurem Winter > Kyurem Spring or whatever. (Not touching on the seasons of B/W, just stating that he could represent full winter and then the freshness of Spring.)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Grass is stupid. You can't Mach Ride or Excitedly Bike on grass. That stuff always slows you down.

Ohwaitno, I take that back. I'm sorry Ferrothorn. And to a lesser extent Torterra. And to a lesser still extent shiny Breloom.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd like Kyurem is he wasn't another goddamn dragon. Instant turn-off. Genesect should be available without Download-only. That's what makes him cooler. Likewise, why COPY Giratina's role anyway? In addition, Kyurem is severely overrated..
Someone needs to play Pokemon more :facepalm:

The meaning of the games Black and White was Ying VS Yang. Kyurem is the third of the ying-yang, called Wuji, the absence of yin and yang, who finishes the Tao trio, or otherwise known as Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. With this information, you can automatically suggest that it's very likely to be the 3rd of the Dragons, therefore following Giratina and Rayquaza's path. It's no doubt, due to Kyurems past and the knowing of the forme coding, that Kyurem may have that good sense, but wrong intention, like Mewtwo, in a way.

In otherwords, Kyurem is the third of the tribe of mascots, therefore, as Rayquaza and Giratina has much predicted, will mascot the 3rd set, AKA Grey/Gray.

Nor is Mewtwo. Rayquaza's not even hard to get either. Nor is Suicune. :p Genesect wins out by simply being already a new kind of Legendary. That, and he can make an interesting storyline that isn't just combining the earlier two games. I'd rather have that instead. I'm sure they can make a third storyline that isn't B + W. Grey can be unique on its own without relying on the other two as is. Because if all they're doing is making Kyurem important, then it's more likely they're adding just a bit more to the original, but not being all that unique. It's just another side of the story and could've been in the originals. If they did so much work to make B/W not only original, but different from eachother in general(much like 3rd Gen), why not give a completely different story outside of the original versions?
That isn't what BW was going for. BW was going for a war-theme. Genesect is called an event Pkmn. Only the anime hosts games that are 100% in relationship with such Pokemon. But this doesn't mean that Genesect has no story, but it won't be dwelled as much as the mascots of B&W, and obviously Grey/Gray Kyurem. Keldeo has yet to be announced. Genesect will, no doubt, be released last of the three mirage/event Pkmn. It's like putting a storyline that isn't involved with the other games. B&W never had a Genesect storyline released.

Ruby/Sapphire=Emerald, Diamond and Pearl=Platinum. Therefore, Reshiram(Black), Zekrom(White) will equal Kyurem(grey/gray).

In other words, stop relying on those exact same dragons, as in copying what every other game does, and be unique. I want something new. Kyurem won't give that. He could be part of the storyline, but Genesect would already bring something not done twice already. (seriously, the whole idea that a Dragon controls the other two Box Legendaries was just repeated in D/P/P. It's not exactly the same, but we already know of that in B/W. That part could be fleshed out more, but it doesn't need to be the focus yet again. B/W, last I checked, was supposed to be an unique storyline, not a carbon copy again. It's bad enough that they keep making Box Legendaries dragons(and seriously, it needs to stop. It ain't Legendary if we see it all the damn time. The impact is lost), but they give little love to other types as is for Legendaries). Genesect not only makes a non-dragon legendary important again, it also is a Legendary that we don't have, and should be able to get it during NORMAL gameplay. Especially when it can't be bred most likely.
Event Pokemon are Event Pokemon. They are the specials of a game. I think you should be happy that they released Genesect. Same with Deoxys and Victini(Almost). Don't argue that they didn't need any of the Pkmn, or else Red/Blue wouldn't of existed. B&W is a story of war and rivalries. Grey/Gray will follow suit. B&W is also the game that made a nostalgic feel of Red/Blue, which made the games famous. Sorry, but the storyline is similar, but NOT the same. Have you ever had a musical? No. Have you ever had TMs reusable? No. Ever had Victini and Genesect (New Pokemon)? Once again, NO. One of the themes of Pokemon is to mascot important Pokemon. At present time, Genesect isn't tecnically known. Kyurem is. Kyurem is more important than any other Pokemon at present point. Genesect is bottom-knowledge.

I'll explain more later. Here's a link to Kyurem.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kyurem#Origin

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Skyleaf, do you play any of the Smashes or any other fighters competitively?

Skyleaf

Smash Cadet
In 2008 and 2009 I did a lot of online Smash. Doubles and singles tournies. I remember playing against the smash twins in a doubles "championship", and my partner and I got wiped. Though really looking back, it wasn't like super competitive. I had a lot of fun doing that. I never really won much, and I've never been to a tourney IRL. But I would play as competitively with my friends as I could!

I've gotten somewhat into SSIV, but nothing competitive. So overall, the closest I got was Brawl. I'm definitely thinking about getting into the Sm4sh competitive scene when it comes around, though. (:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It's probably been said already, but it is nice to see more users here (especially since a certain discussion occurred). Anyways, a friendly hello to anyone new here. ;)

@KrIsP

Nice Bomberman moveset. I always thought that he would have a great chance and would be a good addition as a third party. I still support him; however, would Hudson's disappearance have an impact upon his series? He's still relevant (in some way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom