• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd like to say that I remember Starfox Adventures because of its music since it was composed by Dave Wise, who's known for DKC's music.
That's all that's probably worth remembering in that game. Star Fox Adventures was easily the best Star Fox game that isn't Star Fox, Star Fox 64, or Star Fox 64 3DS, but it isn't exactly anywhere near classic. Assault was just boring, and Command had some issues and a terrible, terrible story.

Seriously:
Star Fox 64/64 3DS > Star Fox > Star Fox 2 > classic status > Star Fox Adventures > "good game" status > Command > average > picking your nose > Assault. :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kyurem did not create the other two. In fact, if you read on about Kyurem, it's assumed that he's the original dragon. There is no proof. There is a Green version, exclusive for Japan. It came along with Red/Blue. Giratina didn't make the other two, but completes the "Tri-Mascots" of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
Green was the same game as Blue, btw. The point was that there is no set pattern for a trio. There was still no third Pokemon for Gen II. It's most likely, not guaranteed.

Kyurem is very likely. Proof is Movie relevance and the spring announcement (I assume Grey/Gray will be announced then, due to a game being exposed then). Genesect is proven Event due to his placement in the Pokedex, like the rest of the generations (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta). The difference with Victini is that he's the mascot of the 5th generation. Therefore, as the past has proven, Genesect will definatly be an Event Pokemon.
He's likely, not guaranteed. I already said he's the most likely earlier. And the past means crap. We only know he's an event SOLELY for B/W. He is not guaranteed that in Grey. Until that's confirmed, it's a theory and nothing more.

Not true. Name one Legendary that I named above that appears normally in Emerald or Platinum.
You do not have to download all of them. Jirachi is available using one of the GameCube games. No Event required. This is false. Event Pokemon cannot be gotten outside of downloads. This is not the case for them all, nor is proven to be.

They were the starting points of Pokemon, therefore, your logic is ill. The Forme Change is comfirmed, therefore, with no appearence in Grey/Gray, more than likely, it'll show up in Grey/Gray. Giratina's Forme Change proves this, who was related to the other two (Pay attention to the anime movies). Arceus would obviously NOT carry a game because he's an Event Pokemon, just as proven in history. Giratina was not eye'd in D/P, therefore, with the movie, he would appear in PLT. Arceus, at the time, wasn't known. Genesect, Keldeo, or Meloetta are not, at present time, known technically. Now, seeing your arguements obviously tells me you know nothing of the present-time Pokemon standards. Do your research before you tell me Genesect should be the main Pokemon of the third game for B&W.
Giratina's the only pokemon that proves that it's possible. Except it's happened once and only once. Which means it has not happened enough to prove it's going to be guaranteed. And I'm sorry that I want an unique Pokemon as part of the story. Especially since Genesect's entire being is related to Team Plasma in itself and is made solely to help their story. Do your research before you provide a one-time pattern. ONE TIME.

*Stares at the stupidity of this conversation* Really?

Grey will NOT have Genesect as the main. It's obvious, it's been obvious, and Kyurem's past/knowledge as of now proves it. What exactly do you know about Genesect that means ANYTHING to Reshiram and Zekrom? Also, no, Arceus was NOT part of the D/P story. If so, prove it. I beg you.. heh... Get a Serebii account, and post this out-of-mind arguement. I beg you.
I'm sorry, but are you GameFreak? No, no you're not. You have zero proof of this and just have a theory. You could be wrong. So don't ever say something that's guaranteed that you know NOTHING for sure. Until Kyurem is CONFIRMED as the Box Legendary, he's at best likely. Stop ever saying he WILL be as you're not going to be right based upon a very bad and moot theory. You're only going to be right if GameFreak wants him to be chosen. Both are very legitimate choices. They both fit the color. They both have a very good connection to the story in general. You have only proven that you THINK you know how GameFreak thinks, nothing more. Your theory is not ironclad no matter how many times you say it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That's all that's probably worth remembering in that game. Star Fox Adventures was easily the best Star Fox game that isn't Star Fox, Star Fox 64, or Star Fox 64 3DS, but it isn't exactly anywhere near classic. Assault was just boring, and Command had some issues and a terrible, terrible story.

Seriously:
Star Fox 64/64 3DS > Star Fox > Star Fox 2 > classic status > Star Fox Adventures > "good game" status > Command > average > picking your nose > Assault. :cool:
I agree 100% actually.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On a slightly more serious note, I personally would want the only version-exclusive characters to be one or two per system that can be DLC for the other, if any. Just my opinion.
Yeah, exclusive characters can be a good idea but too many exclusives (unless somehow it's possible to collect them all via DLC or transfer) can upset too many people. But the game shouldn't only have exclusives characters but anything else.

Here are things I wouldn't care if they had console exclusives and DON'T ever have the ability to get them on the other system:

Stages
Songs
Trophies/other collectibles
Items/Assist Trophies/Pokémon
Some game modes

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I thought Adventures was a good game. I just treat it as a side story. Come to think of it, it'd be interesting to see if the series was broken up like the Zelda games, but with differing genres. The "main" games would be the likes of Starfox 64 while the others are like Adventures. The cast is full of mercenaries so anything's possible.

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
I thought Adventures was a good game. I just treat it as a side story. Come to think of it, it'd be interesting to see if the series was broken up like the Zelda games, but with differing genres. The "main" games would be the likes of Starfox 64 while the others are like Adventures. The cast is full of mercenaries so anything's possible.
I thought Adventures was the most fun out of all of them as well, and although the gameplay was different, it did introduce Krystal to the cast, which makes me not treat it as a side story. I really didn't like Command, and Assault did get boring fast.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I need to still play Adventures, but I certainly want a magic/staff based moveset with Krystal.

Albeit, depending on how much room we have... no wait, no series needs more than 4 characters first.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I thought Adventures was the most fun out of all of them as well, and although the gameplay was different, it did introduce Krystal to the cast, which makes me not treat it as a side story. I really didn't like Command, and Assault did get boring fast.
I meant side story in terms of its placement in the timeline. Depending on how you want to look at it, the game explains Krystal's appearance in Assault.

Assault had it right in a few areas. The scrolling levels were solid, but there was way too many ground levels which hurt the balance of the game. The music was also spectacular, it and Adventures have really good soundtracks. Aside from the lack of flying levels, the game's hesitancy to use any profanity hurt some scenes. While, yes, you don't typically need profanity to get a message accross, the lack of it can dampen the tone of a scene.

Fox saying "Dang it." as opposed to "Dammit." made it sound like the situations weren't as dire as they actually were.

Command just kind of messed things up even if it did have some good ideas. Character personalities were all over the place, and not in a good way. I always thought the Starfox series had a lot of potential to be a legitimately good series with dynamic characters and gameplay, but Command went one step forward, two steps back.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Zoroark with suicide enter and raikou transformations for smash:troll:(though that would be coOl)

:phone:

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like how the "girl's ending" was all the girls in game baking cakes and preparing a party for when the BOYS get back.

EDIT: God damn it I fell for a Pichu Link.
lol I know.

I don't think I liked any of the endings. The one with Fox and Krystal's kid might've been good had he not had that stupid cinnamon bun hair as an adult. GAH!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree 100% actually.
Pretty much everyone agrees on that.
It was a good game, but I forgot all about it.
WHOA WHOA WHOA.
That's giving Impa too much credit. Plot devices actually do something.
You may have won this time...
but I am actually glad you did!
:laugh:

And seriously Kuma, in that picture... what is up with that fox women's hair=??? It's like it is running away, but staying putt... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ugh, I couldn't stand that piece of crap called Star Fox Command at all. The controls were awful, the story is extremely painful to go through (all of it), and got boring and frustrating extremely quickly. The whole game felt like a chore. I'm glad that someone stole my copy of that game (and sadly some of my other DS games including all my Pokémon games and a hard to get Japanese game)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kuma
On the far right... REALLY!?!?!?!? Great, now I'm even more confused... which is why I'm glad I'm not a space furry lover!!! :laugh: Then I would be really confused, and on top of it all, I would be a FURRY FAN, which would be TERRIBLE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know what would actually be an epic boss fight now that I think about it=??? Arceus. Seriously, I've always wanted to kill a god as Ganondorf. Ganondorf just seems perfect for "GOD KILLING!!!!"

Ganondorf vs. Arceus in a boss battle = PURE WIN!!!
(am i right am i right=???)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You said fox, I thought you were talking about Marcus, not Peppy's granddaughter.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
fox is irrelevant, marcus for smash 4

21 views on thread?!?!?
ITS OVER 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think my love of the absurd tells me that I can't wait until we see Baby Waluigi show up.

Yeah, in fact, he should make his debut in Sm4sh. I would hate for Waluigi to appear playable, but Baby Waluigi has my full support.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
One thing. When brawls full roster was confirmed, I actually thought almost all characters where nintendo allstars, except-

Toon link- it was wierd, i like him, butits still wierd having 2 links.
Wolf- Meh, i thought he was just thrown in there and didnt feel like an allstar Ivysaur- He was the ultimate WTF. Charizard and squirtle rule, but ivysaur? WTD?
Snake and sonic- not nintendo, but they dont really count.

Baby waluigi?
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE
PPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUU
??????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Since that one has Falco in sunglasses, it's probably the best ending by default.
Not just sunglasses. Sunglasses and CAPTAIN FALCON BOOTS.

EDIT: Next Yoshi game (if there is one) MUST have Baby Waluigi now. And Baby Daisy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've said this before, and will always say this:

or

Tone down her sex appeal, and his scaryness, and you have the two most iconic characters from the series. **** Yoshimitsu. (Assuming that's who that is)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Which Yoshimitsu? Tekken Yoshi or Soul Yoshi?

If we get a Tekken character, then it needs to be Heihachi or Kazuya

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv This guy speaks the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom