• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Villainous Rivalry K. Rool and Ridley

After looking at my poll results from December 2011, to Now (Three seperate results) as well as just using my past memory, these two are pretty much the most wanted newcomers. They're constantly VOTES away from each other in terms of who is the MOST wanted. Recently, K. Rool has been beating out Ridley though, and I think this trend is going to pretty much continue, until we see the POSSIBLE flood from a POSSIBLE E3 trailer reveal.

Repeating High Rankers Mewtwo, Isaac, Krystal, Toad, Megaman, Little Mac

These six, and the two mentioned above, are by far, the most highly requested characters of the past two years. With the exception of possibly toad, they have always seemed to have scored well. All of them usually make it into the A tier (Mewtwo, Isaac, Toad) or making it into the B tier. There is, however, the occasion... random appearence of another character in the B tier. They usually don't stay in the B tier for more than one poll scoring, but they're there.

Randomly High ranked, Medusa, Roy

These two tend to randomly make it into the B tier every once in a while. Medusa usually lands in the high C, low B, while Roy USED to land consistantly in the B, he pretty much for the past 300 votes has been falling down the the mid C. (Ranking 16th, and 15th on the last poll results) My guess is that at best, he will rise to high C with Medusa, but you never know. Also, Megaman has fallen to a High C in the newest results. Ranking in 8th, the worst he has done so far.

Other interesting characters:

If you have a personal favorite, and would like to track how well they have done for the past three months (MUCH too lazy to try and look into my 2010 final results) tell me, and I'll summerize there popularity in my poll.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good enough for me. Ridley is Ridley. The character difference is beyond small to me. I mean, clones were more different.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've noticed some interesting trends in your poll Shortie. Hopefully you can get some more votes. Should try tapping some new areas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've noticed some interesting trends in your poll Shortie. Hopefully you can get some more votes. Should try tapping some new areas.
Like? I actually find that the less voted for characters are more interesting to follow. They usually have bigger ranking gaps between poll results.

AND, as soon as whats his face gets back on, SSBF, I'm going to have him keep the poll going over at Nsider. I don't really enjoy that community much. So long as he doesn't do something stupid. Iunno. Where else would you suggest?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess I wouldn't really mind Meta-Ridley, even though I prefer RIDLEY. I highly doubt that would happen though. The Prime series is DONE, and Ridley's most recent appearance has him normal again.

I guess it would just mean more moveset options. Still, I'd love if Meta-Ridley was an alternate costume. That may not be possible though.

D

Deleted member

I guess I wouldn't really mind Meta-Ridley, even though I prefer RIDLEY. I highly doubt that would happen though. The Prime series is DONE, and Ridley's most recent appearance has him normal again.

I guess it would just mean more moveset options. Still, I'd love if Meta-Ridley was an alternate costume. That may not be possible though.
Bear in mind that Prime 3 came out AFTER Brawl, and that his most recent appearance was as a clone of the original.

Not that it matters, but still.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
AND, as soon as whats his face gets back on, SSBF, I'm going to have him keep the poll going over at Nsider. I don't really enjoy that community much. So long as he doesn't do something stupid. Iunno. Where else would you suggest?
Try AllIsBrawl, IGN and the Gonintendo forums. You might be able to find some people there. I know Shoryuken has a Smas section, but I do not know how active it is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Try AllIsBrawl, IGN and the Gonintendo forums. You might be able to find some people there. I know Shoryuken has a Smas section, but I do not know how active it is.
I would rather not use IGN, tbh. I kind of want to keep the poll in more... repspectable hands. It's the whole double voting that makes e nervous. Today, I found someone clearly voted three times in a row, and so I'm pretty weary to take it outside of Nsider and SWF. AllisBrawl though, have you been around that community before? I could try out Shoryuken as well.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

OK, I'm SO close here. I just need alternate costume ideas for Diddy, Medusa, and Palutena, and then I'M DONE.

And before HyperFalcon yells at me, in the Final version of this once I get all the costumes, I'll be including a "pick and choose your own choices section", which will include Deoxys. However, Blue will be staying as Red's alternate costume.

EDIT: Agh it got super blurred up. Lucas's alt costume is meant to be Mike Jones of Startropics.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Leaf still makes 100x's more sense though.

Also, I still suggest Yarn Kirby over this "Non Yarn" Prince Fluff.

I WOULD use DK Jr., except he has no tail, which is something that a Diddy alt costume would need.
DK Jr is massive. Like, think DK during puberty, not as buff, but still pretty effing ripped. And big. Very big.

Also, good luck finding costumes for Diddy, Medusa, and Palutena...

D

Deleted member

Prime 3 came out before Brawl, silly goose.

Unless you meant, after development started. :I
Well, it came out in Japan after Brawl.
(Which is quite strange, actually. Why would Japan get Metroid months later than America?)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, it came out in Japan after Brawl.
(Which is quite strange, actually. Why would Japan get Metroid months later than America?)
Metroid is a lot more popular in America. So letting them have it first gets them more sales quickly. That's always the best way to do it so you have more money to spend elsewhere.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

OK, I'm SO close here. I just need alternate costume ideas for Diddy, Medusa, and Palutena, and then I'M DONE.

And before HyperFalcon yells at me, in the Final version of this once I get all the costumes, I'll be including a "pick and choose your own choices section", which will include Deoxys. However, Blue will be staying as Red's alternate costume.

EDIT: Agh it got super blurred up. Lucas's alt costume is meant to be Mike Jones of Startropics.
I'm not happy that you take the images I make for Golden, but you go further to not acknowledge that I posted this before.

Y U TAKE IMAGES WITHOUT ASKING. EVEN though they're not officially by me, Golden still credits me for the image anyways. It would be KIND ENOUGH if you were to do the same for the character images I made.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not happy that you take the images I make for Golden, but you go further to not acknowledge that I posted this before.

Y U TAKE IMAGES WITHOUT ASKING. EVEN though they're not officially by me, Golden still credits me for the image anyways. It would be KIND ENOUGH if you were to do the same for the character images I make.
Like they're even something to take pride in?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Like they're even something to take pride in?
They are to me.
;^;

Still, it wasn't nice to of the gentle sir to ignore my comment earlier, would you agree with that person with a sad person as an avatar?

I'd also like to add that having Jumpman as Game & Watch's alt doesn't make sense. Same with Baby Mario and Luigi for the Ice Climbers and Darkrai for Zoroark.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Here's a stage concept that I recently had in mind...

Rainbow Road

[collapse=Rainbow Road]
[/collapse]

Rainbow Road is a stage which operates in a similar manner as Melee's Mute City. Players will fight on a flat battlefield that'll follow the track, and at times, it'll stop at different areas of the race track. Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road is used for this stage.

While fighting, players must watch out for any incoming Shy Guys, which will be racing around. Unlike with Brawl's Mario Circuit, however, the karts will vary for each Shy Guy.

When the fight takes place on the moon, some Incoming Chomps may land on the battlefield. Players will be damaged if they collide with them.

Apart from those two hazards, Rainbow Road is pretty much a straightforward type of moving stage.
I really like the stage, but I'd actually prefer more of a mario kart 64 type feel to it (I know it's not relevant anymore, so it's not likely, it's just it would be totally :awesome: ). That is to say, by all means have moons and planets and stuff, but I was thinking more in the background. I think it'd be really cool, per say, to have the light-up pictures of mario characters as you go along.

I dunno, I'd just really like that. But in general, of course, it's still a really good stage and I have no doubt i'd enjoy it if it was like that in any case. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If it makes you feel better Luco, you can hear the MK64 RR theme in the MK7 RR one :awesome:
Aww, thats awesome. My friend's younger brothers have the game (Or do they have a different mario kart....?), and they still haven't got up to the cup with rainbow road (presumably special cup, is it also the last one to unlock?)

If I could hear that theme on Mario Kart 7, it'd be ALL worthwhile.....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
wildvine47: I just thought of the perfect Diddy alt: How about the Helper Monkey from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? They are from the Donkey Kong universe and they basically have the exact same body shape as Diddy (including a tail that DK Jr. is missing)

yani

Smash Lord
Yup, same as the other MK's :awesome:. It also has the SNES Rainbow Road in the last retro cup.. Lightning is it? So I'm hoping MKWiiU has the N64 Rainbow Road

Here's a link to the music . It's the final section (lap) part. PURE EPICNESS.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not counting the possible returning veterans (including the ones who were cut and may be cut), these never-before-playable-in-Smash brand-new NINTENDO characters are who I am interested in playing as in Smash 4.

Mario series: Toad

Donkey Kong series: King K. Rool, Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong (revived and altered team concept from Brawl where Diddy Kong was originally planned to be teamed with Dixie Kong)

Zelda series: Impa :awesome:, Tingle :troll: (at least they are the only recurring combat-ready Zelda characters who aren't Link, Zelda, and Ganon)

Metroid series: Ridley

Kirby series: Waddle Dee :eek: (probably the most controversial addition but Kirby's Return to Dream Land convinced me that he's at least popular enough to be playable in a Kirby main game)

Pokemon series: Meowth, Zoroark (continuing the trend where each game gets two newcomers, one is from the 1st gen and the other is from the latest gen of the time)

Fire Emblem series: Chrome (Ike was added in Brawl because he was the latest lord at the time, Chrome seems likely for that reason and he seems interesting)

Kid Icarus series: Palutena, Medusa (watch Sakurai needlessly justify their additions with "Smash needs more females" like he did with Zero Suit Samus :awesome: but seriously, they are key characters in the series since the beginning and they would complete the series)

Punch-Out!! series: Little Mac, King Hippo (no joke, he's the most famous/popular villain of the series - the series is very popular and it has enough games to warrant two characters at most and having both would complete the series at well)

Retro series: Takamaru, Hunting Dog (continuing the trend where each game gets two retro characters, one is a popular choice and the other is a bizarre choice)

New series: Mii, Starfy (at least there's a good possibility that Starfy might have been planned to be playable in Brawl at one point considering Starly trophy being grouped with Fighter-Related trophies)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That was awesome. After listening to that, An idea struck me (not literally, I hope!). Nineno does a lot of remakes, Mario Kart on SNES and 64 would be amazing to have remade, especially if they had a couple extra characters/stages, but left all the original cups with their levels the same, just with improved graphics and basically (maybe orchestrated or perhaps remixed, but not too remixed, basically what you put up yani, that kind of remixed ((only the part that was from 64, of course)) ) the same music. I'd love to see, for instance, Kalimari Desert again. I used to love that desert for all the imagery it gave me about american deserts, same with playstation 1's Spyro.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That was awesome. After listening to that, An idea struck me (not literally, I hope!). Nineno does a lot of remakes, Mario Kart on SNES and 64 would be amazing to have remade, especially if they had a couple extra characters/stages, but left all the original cups with their levels the same, just with improved graphics and basically (maybe orchestrated or perhaps remixed, but not too remixed, basically what you put up yani, that kind of remixed ((only the part that was from 64, of course)) ) the same music. I'd love to see, for instance, Kalimari Desert again. I used to love that desert for all the imagery it gave me about american deserts, same with playstation 1's Spyro.
Well, Kalamari Desert IS in Mario Kart 7. And yeah, I could see that. They could finally add Magikoopa! :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not every character needs alternate costumes. Let's keep it simple. Some of these alternate costumes are unnecessary and some of them aren't even from the same series. Some of them are better off as just palette swaps.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Not every character needs alternate costumes. Let's keep it simple. Some of these alternate costumes are unnecessary and some of them aren't even from the same series. Some of them are better off as just palette swaps.
Exactly. The only ones that make real sense are Sailor Dee, Starly(only as a palette swap), Daisy(already a palette swap), WL Wario, Louie, and Masked Dedede. All of the others either just don't make sense, or require changes in hitbox and/or attacks. And even then, some of them, even IF they're from the same series, some STILL don't make sense(eg. Ghirahim and Zant, Luigi and Mr. L, Kirby and Prince Fluff(Dreamland Version(?)).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why not Luigi and Mr L? I can easily see that, just change Mr. L to a non-paper form is all.

Also, If Kalimari desert is in 7, that definitely makes me want to buy it. I'll see what happens.

Also, Oasis' effect is rubbing off on me, I sometimes begin to think of my posts as Lucas/australian accent. ><

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One-off, unimportant issues. Mr.L was cool bit COME ON...

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I just thought of something. Luco is Australian. Mad Max is Australian. Mach Rider is based on Mad Max.

LUCO.

YOU ARE "MACH RIDER!"

EDIT:
Crikey.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
This is my smash 4 wishlist of sorts along with who i think is a logical addition
Smash 4 character list/special attacks:

Mario series

Bowser jr
neutral-Fire breath ball
side-b: hits you with his staff
Down-b:plants graffiti on the floor that makes opponents either get stuck in or trip over
up-b: bowser's up-b except with much greater vertical height but less horizontal

Kirby series

Knuckle Joe
neutral:vulcan jab
side-b:grapple
down-b: vulcan kick
up-b:rising break

Star fox series

Krystal
neutral:energy blast from either staff or a blaster
side-b: tosses staff like a boomerang in front of her
down-b: reflector using her staff
up-b using staff to hover upward

Donkey Kong series

King K Rool
neutral:bite attack of some sort
side-b: throws some type of clap-trap enemy at you kinda like how D3 throws waddle dees/doos
down-b: places a clap trap on the floor(it burrows underground and leaps if you step over it then laches onto you to deal damage)
up-b does an upper cut with his boxing gloves from DK64

Zelda series

Ghirahim
neutral: Shoots those diamond shaped projectiles at you
side-b: performs a counter type slash forward
down-b reflects projectiles by turning his body into hard steel like in his final phase
up-b teleports in a specific direction

Pokemon series

Zoroark
neutral: snarl
side-b: shadow claw
down-b: illusion is a counter type technique in which he transforms into the opponent to counter there own attack
up-b pursuit leaps up at an arc covers a decent amount of distance

Kid Icarus

Magnus
(don't really know what specials he'd be able to do :S)

Yoshi series

Baby mario bros
neutral: use fire balls that are faster but weaker and last shorter than mario and luigi's
side-b: fling a red shell at them that can be kicked back up to 3 times
down-b toss hammers at opponent
up-b mario jumps on luigi's shoulders and they spin to get back

Birdo
moveset is similar to yoshi's except with being slower and more powerful also neutral b brido sucks them in instead of licking them like yoshi

3rd party

Megaman
neutral: Mega buster/drill/ punch like in TvC
side-b: does a sword slash
down-b switches his mega buster like in TvC
up-b Jets upward using either a jetpack if he's the MM from legends or fires a blast underneath himself to propel himself upwards

Ryu
neutral: Hadoken
side-b: tatsumaki senpuyaku
down-b: Counter
up-b Shoyuken

Gray Fox
(dont really know what he can do :S)

Shadow
neutral:Homing Attack is a slower than sonic's but more accurate and stronger
side-b: Chaos Spear
down-b: Spin charge is stronger but doesn't travel as far
up-b: Chaos Control or uses air shoes to propel himself up like rob

This is again just my list of who i think would make sense in the next smash and what there moves could be.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just thought of something. Luco is Australian. Mad Max is Australian. Mach Rider is based on Mad Max.

LUCO.

YOU ARE "MACH RIDER!"
I honestly preferred Lucas. :3

Also, I'd envision Knuckle Joe's side B to be smash punch (is that right? Can't remember :( )

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Even though it's a bit weird, it'd be kinda cool to live in a world where it is just taken for granted that people can walk up to you, tell you something random about themselves, and then declare a battle with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom