• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am I a bad person for not being interested in MK7 cause Diddy is not in it?

:phone:

yani

Smash Lord
Diddy should have been in it, considering Retro helped out with it. It was a bummer not to see him come. Hoping for DLC for him and Waluigi

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why not Luigi and Mr L? I can easily see that, just change Mr. L to a non-paper form is all.

Also, If Kalimari desert is in 7, that definitely makes me want to buy it. I'll see what happens.

Also, Oasis' effect is rubbing off on me, I sometimes begin to think of my posts as Lucas/australian accent. ><
3D Luigi suddenly switching to a 2D one-shot villain from a different series? NO( :awesome: ).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, but am not expecting it. Character choices where WEIRD for that game, I tell ya

Actually, I hope Luigi's Up B could be a little like his super jump in SPM.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why would you consider Zero Suit Samus seperate? If I'm reading that right
I would consider her a playable character just because she's a different playstyle.

That reminds me. Despite all the newcomers in Soul Calibur 5, there are only a handful of new playstyles. Leixia is Xianghua, Xiba is Kilik, Natsu is Taki, etc. I was pissed to see that there were no successors lined up for Seung Mina and Talim.

Speaking of those two...

I would rather not use IGN, tbh. I kind of want to keep the poll in more... repspectable hands. It's the whole double voting that makes e nervous. Today, I found someone clearly voted three times in a row, and so I'm pretty weary to take it outside of Nsider and SWF. AllisBrawl though, have you been around that community before? I could try out Shoryuken as well.
I really wouldn't bother with SRK. Smash section is not all that active and the resident idiots don't take quite kindly to Smash. For some, to consider it a fighting game is heresy.

Yup, same as the other MK's :awesome:. It also has the SNES Rainbow Road in the last retro cup.. Lightning is it? So I'm hoping MKWiiU has the N64 Rainbow Road

Here's a link to the music . It's the final section (lap) part. PURE EPICNESS.
I just want the N64 version of it. So many memories and that was always my favorite stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It had Queen Bee and Lakitu over Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr.(or Baby Bowser) and Waluigi. Yeah.

Metal Mario was a nice touch. But if you're going to take out Waluigi, you can take out Daisy too. They're the closest thing to the spin-off duo as you're going to get.

Daisy is technically more important in the Mario series, but popular-wise... being female is all she got over Waluigi.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Blek. I might finish my MEGA ROSTER tonight. Hopefully it does enough fan service. (No third parties :troll:) Only because I added too many Ninty characters >:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, but am not expecting it. Character choices where WEIRD for that game, I tell ya

Actually, I hope Luigi's Up B could be a little like his super jump in SPM.

If the Super Jump is getting in, it'll be the game after Paper Mario gets in in the form of Paper Luigi, using partners that PM didn't(minus Up B).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What? No Talim and Sueng Mina? Those where my faves in SC2 and that other one where there is a axe guy playable with a rhino head...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked the buff bald black guy with the skeptar weapon, but couldn't control him for ****. Rhino Head was pretty awesome. Reminded me of Asthanoth.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's some unspoken rule that women over 29 cannot be playable characters in Namco fighters. For exceptions, they have some contrived plot justification.

Ivy: Her body somehow forgets to age.
Nina and Anna: Cryogenic sleep
Jun: Possibly killed off and only appears in the Tag games.

Thankfully, that rule doesn't apply to Capcom games as C. Viper's 30.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
THIS IS BAD! NOT GOOD! I laughed. Not as hard as I liked, but it was amusing to say the least! Can they do K.Rool??

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking of making an essay about Meta Ridley in favor of plain Ridley.
It will be made sometime next week.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I understand why you guys all don't want Krystal as a StarFox character but honestly all three characters are clones. I would be happy if they made fox use the staff instead of Krystal but I think they really need to break up those three characters they are all too similar.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes I see what you mean, the reason that isn't discussed is because more people tend to get annoyed that Ganon and falcon are clones. I guess it just gets overshadowed...

D

Deleted member

I understand why you guys all don't want Krystal as a StarFox character but honestly all three characters are clones. I would be happy if they made fox use the staff instead of Krystal but I think they really need to break up those three characters they are all too similar.
All Wolf has are similar B-Moves and Final Smash. And even then, only one of his B-Moves is exactly like Fox's. Luigi has more similarities to Mario than Wolf to Fox, and he has his own Final Smash and two unique B-Moves!

Just replace Wolf's Final Smash with a Star Wolf Assault, and he's perfect.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
All Wolf has are similar B-Moves and Final Smash. And even then, only one of his B-Moves is exactly like Fox's. Luigi has more similarities to Mario than Wolf to Fox, and he has his own Final Smash and two unique B-Moves!

Just replace Wolf's Final Smash with a Star Wolf Assault, and he's perfect.
Luigi's Side B is a clone of Pikachu's Side B, and his tornado spin is still shared with Mario.

D

Deleted member

Luigi's Side B is a clone of Pikachu's Side B, and his tornado spin is still shared with Mario.

....Seriously, dude?

The point was that Luigi has more in common with Mario than Wolf does with Fox. Pikachu had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT DISCUSSION.

Let me break it down in terms that you would understand.
Luigi has two unique B-Moves from Mario. Luigi does not use a Cape to reflect things, Mario does not shoot himself forward like a missile.
Luigi does not use F.L.U.D.D., and while Mario DOES spin to attack, this is not a B-MOVE for him. His spinning attack also works much different than Luigi's.

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet

....Seriously, dude?

The point was that Luigi has more in common with Mario than Wolf does with Fox. Pikachu had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT DISCUSSION.

Let me break it down in terms that you would understand.
Luigi has two unique B-Moves from Mario. Luigi does not use a Cape to reflect things, Mario does not shoot himself forward like a missile.
Luigi does not use F.L.U.D.D., and while Mario DOES spin to attack, this is not a B-MOVE for him. His spinning attack also works much different than Luigi's.

Mario's Spinning attack is just the same as if you were comparing the Star Fox characters movesets. I'm too drunk now to argue this so I'm right. Fat Impa for SSB4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think maybe you're like an average Krystal supporter, except instead of a furry, you're a chubby chaser with his eyes on Impa?

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
Most people tell me that they think Falco and Fox are the most similar, but I read somewhere that there moves may look similar, but the knockback and other stats are completely different for every one. That leads me to wonder which pairing is more similar: Fox/Falco or Ganon/Falcon.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
As far as the star fox cloned triplets I really don't mind wolf as much because at least he has a different feel but fox and falco only feel a little different and have tweaks that separate them. I do disagree about you saying wolf only truly shares one B move with fox.

Wolf
B: Shoots a lazer
B>: quick dash tilted up
B^: charges for a moment than rockets a direction of choice
B\/: reflector shield

Fox
B: Shoots a lazer (but fast)
B>: quick dash
B^: charges for a moment than rockets a direction of choice (but with fire)
B\/: reflector shield (is blue)

at the end of the day his specials are essentially the same I will give wolf credit of feeling different and only being a half clone really and truly but his specials are defiantly the same. My original point was more that one of them either needs to go or be completely change having three characters from the same series all being that similar just looks bad on behalf of the series and on behalf of smash bros itself. Having Krystal would break up all the starfox characters from being so similar as well as add a interesting new play style personally if they gave fox the staff and left falco and wolf alone it would work just as well in my opinion. It is less about Krystal and more about getting some variety in there.

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
at the end of the day his specials are essentially the same I will give wolf credit of feeling different and only being a half clone really and truly but his specials are defiantly the same. My original point was more that one of them either needs to go or be completely change having three characters from the same series all being that similar just looks bad on behalf of the series and on behalf of smash bros itself.
Sure, their specials may be similar (even though the upB, side b, and even downB have much different properties and usage), but that's just their special. I think Wolf plays completely different because he is completely different. You have all his other moves that are completely unique, and I don't think you can compare characters and call them 'half clones' based on 4 semi-similar moves.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
Sure, their specials may be similar (even though the upB, side b, and even downB have much different properties and usage), but that's just their special. I think Wolf plays completely different because he is completely different. You have all his other moves that are completely unique, and I don't think you can compare characters based on 4 similar moves.
I said wolf does feel different but there special moves are a large part of what makes the characters unique. The A moves all tend to be universal to a degree amongst all characters sure they switch it up here and there but they are mostly the same.

All there smash up A's do a flip kick. There Over smashes are a little different but work essentially the same they strike forwards once and lunge a little bit fox is the only one really different even slightly there. There down smashes all strike both sides either with legs or arms so those are roughly the same too.

The only differences between those three are the weights and hitboxes and damages. Even then only wolfs are significantly different enough to not be comparable at all fox and falco don't even move all that differently unless you play as them on a regular basis that it effects your timing only because you have it down to the frame the only real difference is falco is slightly slower and slightly stronger and throws his shield.

It is cool if you enjoy all three but the differences between them all just is not enough to justify 3 different characters.

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
I said wolf does feel different but there special moves are a large part of what makes the characters unique. The A moves all tend to be universal to a degree amongst all characters sure they switch it up here and there but they are mostly the same.

All there smash up A's do a flip kick. There Over smashes are a little different but work essentially the same they strike forwards once and lunge a little bit fox is the only one really different even slightly there. There down smashes all strike both sides either with legs or arms so those are roughly the same too.

The only differences between those three are the weights and hitboxes and damages. Even then only wolfs are significantly different enough to not be comparable at all fox and falco don't even move all that differently unless you play as them on a regular basis that it effects your timing only because you have it down to the frame the only real difference is falco is slightly slower and slightly stronger and throws his shield.

It is cool if you enjoy all three but the differences between them all just is not enough to justify 3 different characters.
I suppose I agree with you when it comes to specials, but I don't think you can say all their A moves are the same at all. Saying Wolf/Fox down smashes are similar because they hit both sides and use a limb doesn't at all make sense. This applies for many characters.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I agree with you when it comes to specials, but I don't think you can say all their A moves are the same at all. Saying Wolf/Fox down smashes are similar because they hit both sides and use a limb doesn't at all make sense. This applies for many characters.
XD that was sort of my point most characters A moves are fairly similar so it is the B moves (specials) that set the characters apart the most.

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
Agreed :D

But you see my point about Krystal at least right?
I can see Krystal being an addition to SM4SH, but if she is, I think she would be completely different, with the staff and stuff. Four reps from StarFox may be a bit much though, that's why I'm iffy about this.

Giving Fox the staff? Yeah, that's not going to happen. :p

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I can see Krystal being an addition to SM4SH, but if she is, I think she would be completely different, with the staff and stuff. Four reps from StarFox may be a bit much though, that's why I'm iffy about this.

Giving Fox the staff? Yeah, that's not going to happen. :p
I know it likely will never happen but if they don't want to add another character I think it would make the most sense but your right it will never happen. That is why I think alot of people are speculating Krystal.

Shinymonkey8

Smash Cadet
I know it likely will never happen but if they don't want to add another character I think it would make the most sense but your right it will never happen. That is why I think alot of people are speculating Krystal.
That, and the fact that Krystal came out a while ago, even though she's in the new games.

And, StarFox's popularity is waning, probably due to stupid Command. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom