• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

This, is a complete Smash. End of story.

70 characters.
Sucha a, true, TRUE words have never been spoken since birth of SSB-series itself. *applauds very loudly*

My only complaints are just the size because some wierd and unlikely additions, like

- Masked Man (Sorry for Mother 3-fans! But I think Porky's more fit because he's both Ness's and Lucas's nemesis)

- Mona (Screw Wario-ware reps! And Syrup and Mona wouldn't be in the same roster if Sakurai's gonna handle it: Mona'll be over Syrup then! (-ò~ó-)* )

- Dark Samus (I know it's NOT a clone of Samus, but then we'd expect Dark Pit to show up as well.)

- Tom Nook (Animal Crossing was ruled out by Sakurai...)

I also question the inclusion of Geno and Ghirahim, (Geno would be great, but Nintendo and Square are ignoring him way too much these days), Ghirahim again would be like another Midna/Zant/Vaati ( (-;^;-) )-type one-shot character. Even Impa with her own moveset and not replacing Sheik would seem more fitting since she's also one of some prominent LOZ-characters... unless Ghirahim will be picked up again for another LOZ-game.

But still, I'd give in my money for this roster that actually includes EVERY of my most wished characters.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike should get his actual Aether as an Up B. All hits connect? That means healing damage. And it would do a very good amount of damage.

Make his attacks come out faster, deal less knockback, maybe more damage (keeping the power aspect), good hitstun, but keep his lag behind his moves. Make him also dash a little faster, and replace ****ing Eruption already. Preferably with the ranged attack from his sword (we need a name for this) or, well, just about anything. If they refuse to do so... at least make his fire blue... As Path of Radiance was called Path of the Blue Flames in Japan. So yeah, blue fire. At least on his Final Smash.

I vote for version exclusives to. If Ike can make it that way, I'll be happy. Chrome could be the 3DS exclusive, as he's from a 3DS game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Roster exclusives would be great, it'd make both versions more unique from each other. To make sure it won't become more of a major flaw, there should be few of these version exclusives, and if they're gonna do the whole 'connecting' between Wii U and 3DS-versions, they better give us an opportunity to transfer 3DS-exclusives to Wii U.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I doubt Smash Bros. will ever hit 70 characters. The only fighting games that I can think of that reached that number was some of the PS2 DBZ fighting games and maybe a King of Fighters game, and in both of those cases there was the case of many of the characters being clones and the fact that the same game engine was simply re-used for years on end for annual installments.

Heck, fighting games reaching 50 is rare, and if they do hit it, its usually due to the game being an update over a previous installment that used the exact same engine as its predecessor.

At most I only see 52 or 53 playable characters (transformations included in that number) for Smash 4. I don't know what will happen with Smash 5, and I don't care.

Its possible that the roster size for Smash 4 remains relatively static compared to Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which is why I think replacements are likely to, as to add in new characters. Getting my point now..??

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lanky might happen if we get 150 characters I'm affraid... :rolleyes:

He's still awesome though! Goofy *** dude needs to return as a staple character!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Which is why I think replacements are likely to, as to add in new characters. Getting my point now..??
I rather have replacements happen with Smash 5. 52 or 53 is a feasible number for a game with an entirely new engine, and 12 true newcomers is an acceptable amount of newcomers for Smash 4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
12 true newcomers, with about 5 cuts for new characters is very acceptable for me to. In fact, might be the best thing ever!

And the longer you wait, the harder it is to replace characters.

True stroy bro.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't want any cuts from Brawl. The only two cuts I would be okay with would be Snake and Sonic since they are technically "guests". Also, many of the possible "replacement" characters are a step down compared to who they will probably replace. I much rather have Lucario, Ike, and Sheik than Zoroark, Chome, and Impa, especially considering I like those characters more than their replacements.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked Mewtwo much more than Lucario as well. We all don't know if we gonna like Chrome or not, but thusfar he looks like another mercenary main character. Wouldn't be surprised if he actually had blood ties as a prince or royal, but chooses not to give a ****. Point is, we don't know yet. And I think you just listed most characters I would replace actually.

If your getting older, you'll prefer the older characters over the newer ones anyway. That's just the way it is
*sings* THINGS WILL NEVER CHANCE
. But really, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened at all.

I'm guessing we get less newcomers actually this time than with Brawl cause they are making 2 games. So about 50 characters seems realistic. And even that would be a lot I say...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's some food for thought.

Pummeling: Should it be removed in favor of grabs doing more health damage? That's all the pummel is really for so it wouldn't make a difference mathematically. Going along with the tech grab mechanic, this could make grabs better balanced. Reminder: Smash 64 didn't have pummeling.

Freezing: Instead of being randomly occurring like the IC's Down B, make it a counter attack bonus. In addition, the time frame for being frozen is fixed regardless of damage dealt and is not escapable via button mashing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
YES! Kuma, love that idea! Grabbing attacks should be exanded! Especially would picture Donkey Kong having an awesome damaging grabbing attack as that. Don't like the game, but if you remember Jungle Beat, you'll basically know what I mean. Also the attacks the Kongs do in Returns could be implemented somewhat like that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can't see it Pichu Bro.

I knew it, Diddy, your cut happy, aren't ya
Nope am not really. If you noticed me saying it before, I actually want Ike to stay. Same as Lucario. Mewtwo and Lucario, and Ike and Chrome would be really good to have, but just; unrealistic. You know which character I wanna replace... And it's the only one I would cut basically.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
YES! Kuma, love that idea! Grabbing attacks should be exanded! Especially would picture Donkey Kong having an awesome damaging grabbing attack as that. Don't like the game, but if you remember Jungle Beat, you'll basically know what I mean. Also the attacks the Kongs do in Returns could be implemented somewhat like that.
I'm kind of lost here. But I do think DK's Roll needs to be dash attack and jump cancelable on hit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder what the implications for speculation will be for Smash 5 if no one from Brawl is cut and Mewtwo and Roy are brought back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then I wouldn't guess for many new characters, just ones most requested as K.Rool, Ridley, Zoroark, Little Mac, Palutena / Medusa, and maybe Isaac and Mega Man. Add in another 3~4, and you'd have a roster.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
But if ya meant by Smash 4, then I'd say same as Diddy, Chrono. (-l-l-)

But it would be damn interesting to see what series Sakurai would feature this time...

Diddy: I know, "but who should be then cut?"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do. They can't keep on adding characters from big franchises as Zelda and Pokemon forever, and we got replacements and new characters for it in every game. Just like Fire Emblem.

So my best guesses, characters who will be cut and replaced come from those series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Who says there'll even be another Smash game after this one to "add characters forever"
There will probably continue to be Smash Bros. games.

However, I am very nervous in regards to Smash 4. If Sakurai announces that Smash 4's roster will "be around the same size as Brawl's." There will be very violent fanbase wars due to even supporters of veteran characters feeling their character is threatened by less deserving characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There will probably continue to be Smash Bros. games.

However, I am very nervous in regards to Smash 4. If Sakurai announces that Smash 4's roster will "be around the same size as Brawl's." There will be very violent fanbase wars due to even supporters of veteran characters feeling their character is threatened by less deserving characters.
Examples being..?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Examples being..?

Characters that I could see people feeling insecure in regards to if Sakurai said, "Smash 4's roster will be around the same size as Brawl's.":

Ness (many saying that only either him or Lucas should be in)
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Sheik
Mr. Game & Watch (yes, there would be some idiots saying he's a waste of space under this scenario)
Falco
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
Lucario
Toon Link
Wolf
Ike
Lucas
Snake
Sonic
ROB
Zero Suit Samus

There would be a lot of aggression by supporters of prospective newcomers because they would feel that possible spots on the roster would be extremely limited (especially if they share a similar series to a character that could possibly be cut under this scenario).

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Ness (many saying that only either him or Lucas should be in)
Jigglypuff
64 vets will not be cut, Falco and ICs have no reason to be cut.
The only people I can see being cut are Lucas, Lucario and Ike in favor of newer characters and even then they could be put in either 3DS or Wii U versions.

I'd switch 'em out for Poo, Mewtwo and Hector(or Sothe...but that's my biased opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom