• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
asage94 said:
*As a vetran* is getting old. It was an opinion that Jiggz should leave. I know he won't.
If you know Jiggs won't be going anywhere, then why are you speculating against it? That s*** don't make no sense! :awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
People are tense because it is literally insanity and it is CONSTANT. My policy now is that whenever I check the thread, I go back a few pages, and if I see an Impa discussion, I just leave. Even the Victini fanboys weren't this bad. Their character is actually a legitimate candidate and their ranks have more than ONE PERSON. Not to mention they don't advocate eliminating a veteran while butchering an existing character in the process for the sake of their own personal preferences and nothing else. And for me, Layton would be my "Impa," who actually has a LOT going for him, yet I still generally only mention him when someone else brings up the subject first.

It would be like me professing the awesomeness of Blooper and demanding he be playable for a bunch of arbitrary reasons EVERY TIME I MADE A ****ING POST. Which I might actually do now...

BLOOPER FOR SMASH 4! He has been in like EVERY Mario game, you guys! Plus he's like a squid. Isn't that awesome?! We should replace Wario for Blooper since they fill the same role but Blooper is awesomer.
I'm saving this post. 10 out of 10!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do multiquotes. I cannot quote your message.

Meowth is nowhere on Jigglypuff's level of popularity. In the Anime or Game. Pichu isn't even close. I don't even expect him to come back without being a clone or an alternate costumes like Dr. Mario could be.

Mewtwo, Lucario, I see them as all good possibilities of returning in SSB4. But so far, we have yet to see a Pokemon character return beyond Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and we both know Jigglypuff isn't going to be cut after being in 3 games.

Pichu was a joke character in Smash, and the only 100% cut playable character. Sakurai added him strictly as a joke. I don't even see a reason for him to bring a joke character back(that he doesn't even much like to all we know) and to remake him for no good reason. If he actually wanted him to come back and be better, we would've seen a character file OR an Assist Trophy. Pichu really has no hope right now.

Just like I don't honestly expect anyone but Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo to return. PT? Maybe. A more unique concept than Mewtwo, IMO. Tail attacks? Been done. Shadow Ball? Not supremely beyond different from Charge Shot. His jumps? Supremely similar to Ness'. Teleport? Sheik. Not that I don't want him to return, but he's not super unique. I would love everyone to return, and I think only because of the latest game.

However, we have two new Pokemon per SSB. I'd like to see two new ones before anyone returning other than the original two Pokemon. If we get more than 4 slots. I'm all for returners. I can also see 1 new per version(3DS and Wii U), and one old one. I'm guessing Lucario and PT, since neither of them were similar to other characters or took or copied concepts from them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As I was saying earlier. I think Kirby definitely should add Sailor Dee, his hat choice is a fabulous Sailors hat. It would appeal to child molesters because of all the shota innuendos silly sailor boy uniforms have, which means more sales for SSB4. Bandanas probably would get the Bloods, Crips, and Biker gangs into Smash, but I think that other characters bring them in anyways. The child molester group is one we need to aim at right now. It's being left out.

Plus, he has a much more important role than Bandana dee. He's part of this group that Meta Knight leads. Thats much more important than Bandana Dee. He hasn't REALLY ever done anything. Just been a filler character. Plus? Spear? Hello, Palutena!? Krystal?! We don't need him. How may characters can use BOATS as attacks? Not many. Pretty much Sailor Dee is one of the best choices for the Kirby series, and because of how IMPORTANT he was in that one single game he was in. (Where he did little), it definitely outweighs anything Bandana Dee has done, because I simply say so.

Pretty much, the only character that needs to be added more than Ridley, or K. Rool is Sailor Dee. He's the full package.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
As I was saying earlier. I think Kirby definitely should add Sailor Dee, his hat choice is a fabulous Sailors hat. It would appeal to child molesters because of all the shota innuendos silly sailor boy uniforms have, which means more sales for SSB4. Bandanas probably would get the Bloods, Crips, and Biker gangs into Smash, but I think that other characters bring them in anyways. The child molester group is one we need to aim at right now. It's being left out.

Plus, he has a much more important role than Bandana dee. He's part of this group that Meta Knight leads. Thats much more important than Bandana Dee. He hasn't REALLY ever done anything. Just been a filler character. Plus? Spear? Hello, Palutena!? Krystal?! We don't need him. How may characters can use BOATS as attacks? Not many. Pretty much Sailor Dee is one of the best choices for the Kirby series, and because of how IMPORTANT he was in that one single game he was in. (Where he did little), it definitely outweighs anything Bandana Dee has done, because I simply say so.

Pretty much, the only character that needs to be added more than Ridley, or K. Rool is Sailor Dee. He's the full package.
Not sure if serious. I hope to Jeezum not. Charizard would be angry if so... :006: :awesome:

Kantrip

Kantplay
He's serious. He's thought this for a while.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea, too.

Since mk is OP we can just replace him with sailor dee.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I'm afraid Sailor Dee has a bit of competition with Shota Ridley...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This is being reposted for a gay kid.

l can’t sleep, so I decided I would take this time to write a little something up. The topic for tonight’s rant is: “Finishing” the franchises. What do I mean by that? I mean, adding all the final “Key characters” into the pre-existing franchises that have been established in SSBB. I guess I should just begin:
Super Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowser
• Toad (Debatable)
• Junior (Debatable)
I really don’t think Toad or Junior are QUITE on the level that the other four are, TBH. But, I added them because I think it could be argued that they are/will be. Doc doesn’t actually make this list, even if he is a legitimate choice, I don’t think he is a key character to the Mario franchise. Same goes for Paper Mario, and Geno, and that loser Waluigi.

Yoshi Story
• Yoshi
• Kamek

WarioWare/Land
• Wario
• Captain Syrup
• Mona/Jimmy T.
Mona has my vote, but I think either is fine. Characters like Ashley remind me of…. Jiggs. They’re randomly popular, but not all that “Important”. Plus Ware probably only needs a single character. But whatever, I thought she was worth mentioning.

Donkey Kong Country
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• King K. Rool
• Dixie Kong
For Donkey Kong, I would like to make a note of Cranky Kong. While he isn’t playable character Material, I do think he would be considered a “Main” character, despite being less important that the three I’ve listed above.

Legend Of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda / Sheik
• Ganondorf
• Child Link
• Tingle
The reason Sheik is on this list is because she simply IS Zelda, and when it comes to Smash she is just as important as Jiggly and Ness. They’re weird veterans who have big fan bases, even if they aren’t too important to their series’. Ghirahim and the other one shots, not important.

Pokemon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Pokemon Trainer (Char/Ivy/Squirt)
• Lucario
• Mewtwo
• Fifth Generation rep / Sixth Gen Rep
• 2nd/3rd Generation rep (Debatable)
While I think it’s a travesty that the third Generation never got it’s rep, it probably isn’t going to happen. It could be argued you need all Gens to rep Pokemon correctly, and it can also be argued you only need the first Gen to have all the key characters. Pick a side, or don’t. I don’t care.

Kirby Series
• Kirby
• King Dedede
• Meta Knight
• Bandana Dee (Debatable)
I honestly DON’T KNOW how prominent he is, but I think he’s worth a mention… I think. He might fall under the same Junior/Toad argument.

Metroid
• Samus / ZSS
• Ridley
I actually think ZSS is an important character, but whatever. Shoutout to Dark Samus. If I was going to add “Kinda Important” characters to the list, she/he would be up there.

StarFox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal
That’s it. No Leon, no Slippy. These four. Although I think I SHOULD mention Andross. An important, obviously, NPC.

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas
• Porky
• Claus / MM
I would like to start off by saying I think Ninten might make this list, but I think four is enough for Mother. Giygas probably should be mentioned as well. He falls under the Andross category.

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Ike
• Roy
• Chrome/Future FE Lord
Chrome may not mean a thing, but someday, there might just be another FE lord that is as important as these three. I’m sure there are more I should mention, but I think they fall under the same category as Mother. I can’t mention every freaking importan FE character.

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon
• Samurai Goroh
• Black Shadow
The way I’ve had it explained to me is sorta like this? CF is Fox, Goroh is Wolf, and BS is Andross? Shoutout to Jody Summers. Toise can make that argument for her, I certainly can’t.

Kid Icarus
• Pit
• Medusa
• Palutena
Regaurdless of how well KI:U sells, these characters are neccisary if you want to complete this franchise.
[COLLAPSE="Melee Polls"]Super Mario series
(1) Koopa: 169 (Bowser)
(2) Princess Peach: 66
(3) Wario: 65
(4) Kinopio: 27 (Toad)
(5) Nokonoko: 9 (Koopa Troopa)
(6) Kamec: 8 (Magikoopa)
(7) Kuribou: 7 (Goomba)
(8) Mallow (Mario RPG): 5
(8) Geno (Mario RPG): 5
(10) Baby Mario: 3

Pocket Monsters series
(1) Mewtwo: 35
(2) Mew: 24
(3) Satoshi (main character): 18
(4) someone from Pokemon: 12
(5) Lugia: 11
(6) Nyarth: 8 (Meowth)
(7) Raichu: 7
(8) Maril: 5
(8) Fushigidane: 5 (Bulbasaur)
(8) Togepy: 5

Legend of Zelda series
(1) Ganon (including Ganondorf): 36
(2) Young Link: 8
(2) Princess Zelda: 8
(2) Sheik: 8
(5) Darunia: 2

Kirby of the Stars series
(1) Great King Dedede: 46
(2) Gooey: 17
(3) Meta Knight: 11
(4) someone of Kirby’s comrades: 10
(5) Waddle Dee: 3

Mother series
(1) Dosei-san: 18 (Mr. Saturn)
(2) Poo: 6
(3) main character of Mother 2, etc: 4 (Earthbound)
(3) Paula: 4
(5) Starman: 3
(5) Jeff: 3

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Fire Emblem series
(1) Marth: 21
(2) someone from Fire Emblem: 18
(3) Oguma: 8
(4) Celice: 4
(5) Siglud: 2
(5) Leaf: 2

related to the Rare company
(1) 007 James Bond: 35
(2) Banjo & Kazooie: 18
(3) Diddy Kong: 15
(4) Blast Dozer robot (nothing specific): 2 (Blast Corps)
(4) 006 Trevelyan: 2

various Famicom / Super Famicom forces (NES / SNES)
(1) Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight): 15
(2) Lip (Panel de Pon): 9
(3) Prince Richard (The Bell Tolls for the Frog): 8
(4) Metroid (Metroid series): 6
(4) Blacky (Wrecking Crew): 6 (Spike)
(6) Pit-kun (Parthena’s Mirror): 5 ((Kid Icarus))
(6) main character of Shin Onigashima: 5
(6) main characters of Marvelous: 5
(9) Samurai Goroh (F-ZERO): 4
(9) Popo & Nana (Ice Climber): 4
(9) main character of Balloon Fight: 4

these are non-Nintendo forces
(1) Chocobo: 9
(2) Doraemon: 7
(3) Bomberman: 5
(4) Crash Bandicoot: 4
(5) Sonic: 3
(5) Rockman: 3 (Mega Man)
[/COLLAPSE]

He's serious. He's thought this for a while.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea, too.

Since mk is OP we can just replace him with sailor dee.
Exactly. I was thinking Sailor Dee could be the new replacement for him. Even though Meta Knight has been in Smash already, it's clear Sakurai knows he didn't do him right. So he's probably going to scrap him because I say so, and it makes it true.

I'm afraid Sailor Dee has a bit of competition with Shota Ridley...

Actually, I don't think so, because, even though Shota Ridley is real, (Ridley was a young boy dragon at one point) he's never been as important as Sailor Dee. Sailor Dee had one role once, and Shota Ridley hasn't even been nearly as important as him. No one remembers the time he was molested by those space pirates in the white van. Only the most dedicated fans would know about that fanfic. So, he's a bad choice because of that. But, he is pretty attractive to Pedophiles with Iguanas. So, you never know!

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
WTF is going on?

By far this is the weirdest this thread has ever gotten. This even beats the 10 page derp war from back in the summer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It would be morally questionable only if you allow it to be.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Heh, Toise.

Screw Bandana Dee. Sailor Dee all the way.

You do realize that there is a slight possibility that the main Bandana Dee might be the same one in Kirby 64 right? Why not just have Waddle Dee swap hats just like Pikachu? One of his colors could be the sailor hat. Everybody wins that way.

I saw a really nice moveset for Waddle Dee done that incorporates all of his abilities shown throughout the Kirby series. Some of the best stuff to come out of Gamefaqs I tell ya.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think, you missed my point...

and even if you didn't I need to be irrational on this thread from now on. It's more fun that way. So, no. Bad idea Star. I'm so sick of you trying to build up Bandana Dee. Seriously, he isn't even important. God. You're so blinded by bias.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Aight, I've updated my roster for (hopefully) the last time. I added Dixie, Palutena, Chrome, Dark Samus, and Adam Malkovich, bringing the grand total to (a pretty unrealistic) 60.

I really don't feel that we'll be seeing THAT many characters, but I do think that seeing anyone outside of this list will be pretty surprising.

In order to bring it down to a more realistic 50, I'd probably drop, in no particular order

Toad, Roy, Dixie, Palutena, Adam, Ray 01, Lucario, Krystal, Mii, and Bandana Dee.

As much as I'd hate to drop ANY of these characters, these 10 stick out as some of the more unlikely, at least to me. If anyone wants, I can explain why, but the current image as it is stands as more of a Dream Roster than a realistic one.
You stealing.
My roster images.

Uncool brother.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think, you missed my point...

and even if you didn't I need to be irrational on this thread from now on. It's more fun that way. So, no. Bad idea Star. I'm so sick of you trying to build up Bandana Dee. Seriously, he isn't even important. God. You're so blinded by bias.
Just like Krystal. Though unlike Krystal, Bandanna Dee was at least playable in a great game. :troll:

Also, I was going through some of my papers back in high school, and I found a printed document of one my Smash Bros. writings from back in 2004. It was a set of ideas regarding what a theoretical Smash Bros. DS should be like. Are any of you interested in it?

Unfortunately, most of my stuff that I wrote prior to the second half of 2007 is gone (the old computer that had the old files broke down a few years ago).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That sucks you lost your stuff. And I honestly think both Bandanna Dee and Krystal are great characters. Albeit, I can't say either have a better chance. Sakurai knows his own popular character more than one he never heard of...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hahahah. I just read what I wrote about Meta Knight (one of the suggested newcomers I had for my proposed Smash Bros. DS).

However, some gamers are concerned with putting Meta Knight in because he may become a "cheap" character. For example, he has fast speed, good jumping, and a sword. They think that Meta Knight needs to be properly balanced out before being put in Super Smash Bros.

Hahahahahaha.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The MK ban killed the Smash community.

Congratulations. You finally gave into the little child crying his head off by giving him his rattle back.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, god the irony.

Yeah, definitely too cheap. Hell, I don't think even items and all stages balance him enough. Maybe tolerable at best.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, god the irony.

Yeah, definitely too cheap. Hell, I don't think even items and all stages balance him enough. Maybe tolerable at best.
I completely forgot how people were talking about Meta Knight having the potential to be a broken character way before Brawl was announced.

I also found a printed picture for the character selection screen for my theoretical Super Smash Bros. DS. Unfortunately, the link for it is long inactive.

This is really old stuff. All the way back to after E3 2004 (after the DS's unveil).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The MK ban killed the Smash community.

Congratulations. You finally gave into the little child crying his head off by giving him his rattle back.
Wasn't the community dead anyway?

It wasn't even being supported by MLG anymore

Besides, Brawl sucked

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I completely forgot how people were talking about Meta Knight having the potential to be a broken character way before Brawl was announced.

I also found a printed picture for the character selection screen for my theoretical Super Smash Bros. DS. Unfortunately, the link for it is long inactive.

This is really old stuff. All the way back to after E3 2004 (after the DS's unveil).
I've written reasonable controls more than once. But yeah, potential, well, maybe Sakurai read that and went with keeping him broken. To be fair, MK is indeed freakin' powerful in his own series, and since, let's be honest, Brawl almost feels like a Kirby game(atleast in SSE).

Anyway, I recently wrote controls for Quest 64 3DS at TVTropes' forums.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just like Krystal. Though unlike Krystal, Bandanna Dee was at least playable in a great game. :troll:
*sigh* Yep. You got me Chrono. Ha...

Don't bother, I'll answer your next post, yes, I'm 100% butthurt. You touched a nerve. I'm salty. *sighs*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looking at my Smash Bros. DS it seems the Top 5 most wanted newcomers for Smash Bros. 3 at 2004 were Meta Knight, Wario, Ridley, Diddy Kong, Pit, and King Dedede. I would also throw in Wolf and Olimar as honorable mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom