• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...Still nothing new? God, I'm getting bored of this. We need info of some sort :( I know it won't be awhile, but still. *leaves*

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Give me some Pokemon news asage :(. I'm excited for the Mewtwo event
None yet. Only thing is that the Crossover Pokemon game has DS-I enhancements. Older news is that Rayquaza is being distributed in feb. knowing the rare V-Create, and Mewtwo is feb. as well, knowing Electro Ball.

@Sw96 No ****. I'm sorry, but seriously -_-

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ehhh, I really don't think Pokemon will get 7 reps OR a 3rd Gen Rep. As much as I'd love to add Deoxys (Him being my favorite Pokemon), I really don't see it happening. I was iffy enough about keeping Lucario as it is.
They don't need 7 reps. 6 reps while atleast having a 3rd Gen and 5th gen leaves you with atleast two other ones besides Pikachu and Jigglypuff. The 1st gen is overrepped and doesn't need 6 reps alone.(Pokemon Trainer with all 3, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Mewtwo). Likewise, unless we're getting someone new, bringing characters back doesn't really strengthen the Pokemon Roster whatsoever. There's just no reason to have that many spots, and for almost all of it it to be pure 1st Gen. Especially when not everybody knows what it is. Some has only started from 4th Gen and above, for example.

That, and if they keep what they did in Brawl, it'll be a NEW 1st Gen(Meowth is a good choice), and a 5th Gen, keeping Pikachu and Jigglypuff. If there's 6 slots, I don't see both Lucario and Mewtwo staying. I don't even see Lucario getting in over a new character either. He'd definitely be a good choice, but new character first, and if there's enough room, he can be playable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They don't need 7 reps. 6 reps while atleast having a 3rd Gen and 5th gen leaves you with atleast two other ones besides Pikachu and Jigglypuff. The 1st gen is overrepped and doesn't need 6 reps alone.(Pokemon Trainer with all 3, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Mewtwo). Likewise, unless we're getting someone new, bringing characters back doesn't really strengthen the Pokemon Roster whatsoever. There's just no reason to have that many spots, and for almost all of it it to be pure 1st Gen. Especially when not everybody knows what it is. Some has only started from 4th Gen and above, for example.

That, and if they keep what they did in Brawl, it'll be a NEW 1st Gen(Meowth is a good choice), and a 5th Gen, keeping Pikachu and Jigglypuff. If there's 6 slots, I don't see both Lucario and Mewtwo staying. I don't even see Lucario getting in over a new character either. He'd definitely be a good choice, but new character first, and if there's enough room, he can be playable.
Umm... Relevancy, which is what your saying, would have Mewtwo not come, and Lucario stay :I

inb4notneededlongpost

yani

Smash Lord
None yet. Only thing is that the Crossover Pokemon game has DS-I enhancements. Older news is that Rayquaza is being distributed in feb. knowing the rare V-Create, and Mewtwo is feb. as well, knowing Electro Ball.
The Rayquaza is JP only right? :(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, Mewtwo would be more relevant of the two. I'd like to note that latest game that he plays a role on. I'm just saiyan.

But either way, I'd rather just have 6 slots(or if we have less), PT with 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen, Mewtwo/Meowth, Lucario, Jigglypuf, Pikachu, and 5th Gen. Everybody wins, really.

yani

Smash Lord
I wonder if the trainer can get an additional 3 Pokemon (of a different gen or a mix). I mean they're allowed 6 Pokemon. You could be able to select from two groups (Squirt Ivy Char) or whatever the other trio may be. Thoughts?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder if the trainer can get an additional 3 Pokemon (of a different gen or a mix). I mean they're allowed 6 Pokemon. You could be able to select from two groups (Squirt Ivy Char) or whatever the other trio may be. Thoughts?
Well, what would happen if you could choose between a male or female? The female would use 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, and maybe a random 4th Gen. I suggest Pachirisu or maybe Magmortar?

D

Deleted member

If the Trainer were to get extra Pokemon to use, I would hope for Pokemon like Espeon or Snorlax, since he used them in the 2nd Gen and 2nd Gen remakes. (Well, not the remake in the case of Espeon, but Espeon is pretty damn cool.)
And possibly Pichu as well, as an excuse to bring it back, and because he has a Pikachu, to which he couldn't have due to the playable Pikachu.

So for me, I'd have him be able to select from the following: Squirtle or Pichu, Ivysaur or Espeon, and Charizard or Snorlax.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd rather not have Pichu, to be honest. He's too similar to Pikachu.

For 1st, 2nd, 3rd... Meowth, Heracross, Deoxys. All different styles. If not Deoxys, there's tons of other characters to choose from. Looks good for checking the fairly popular anime-wise.(which to be honest, does have influence on what's popular)

D

Deleted member

Pichu doesn't HAVE to be similar to Pikachu, though. Pichu is more than capable of having it's own set of Specials. And already factor out one for the Pokemon Change...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except there's no reason to believe he had a chance of being de-cloned, especially when he was completely cut. I'd rather it be about the same as Brawl. A Trophy, one of his(possibly most popular) costumes being used by Pikachu, and the theory that he could've become Pikachu(if we ignore anime stuff). But eh.

I'd like him de-cloned too, but I don't see him or Child Link ever having that chance like the rest.

D

Deleted member

You see, the problem I have with Pokemon Trainer discussion is that it always leads to suggestions that honestly make no sense.

Most of which stems from the fact that people somehow have this belief that every Generation NEEDS a representative, and so they try to fill out whatever they can think of to make the Pokemon Trainer rep the Gens that aren't repped.

I mean, in the long run, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard made sense in more ways than people assume. I would want changes (if any at all) to compliment that rather than destroy it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Pokemon Trainer works fine as is. the only thing I would want to see is a female Alt.

on a side note.....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everybody has a favorite Gen. Making sure all 5 gets some character keeps everybody happy. Everybody wins, nobody loses. There's really no reason not to give everybody a fair reference.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Everybody has a favorite Gen. Making sure all 5 gets some character keeps everybody happy. Everybody wins, nobody loses. There's really no reason not to give everybody a fair reference.
Well no downside other than the fact that it would quickly become pokemon rumble bros. +others.

How about we shift this discussion to the controller? Would you all be willing to use classic controller? Is bring an expensive wii u controller to a tourney a really dumb idea? Should they remake the GCN controller that syncs to the Wii U? Does this game have a chance at being competitive without GCN controllers?

You know, something that isn't 'does anyone else think my favorite mario party character is a good idea for smash?'

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's been discussed a bit, but it gets drowned out in the usual messed up priorities.

I would love to have an arcade stick option.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well no downside other than the fact that it would quickly become pokemon rumble bros. +others.
Except it doesn't. Hell, it could be 4 overall slots in the first place. 6 just adds Mewtwo(or Meowth) and Lucario.

How about we shift this discussion to the controller? Would you all be willing to use classic controller? Is bring an expensive wii u controller to a tourney a really dumb idea? Should they remake the GCN controller that syncs to the Wii U? Does this game have a chance at being competitive without GCN controllers?

You know, something that isn't 'does anyone else think my favorite mario party character is a good idea for smash?'
GameCube Controller. Or a remake of it that's not wireless.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If the Trainer were to get extra Pokemon to use, I would hope for Pokemon like Espeon or Snorlax, since he used them in the 2nd Gen and 2nd Gen remakes. (Well, not the remake in the case of Espeon, but Espeon is pretty damn cool.)
And possibly Pichu as well, as an excuse to bring it back, and because he has a Pikachu, to which he couldn't have due to the playable Pikachu.

So for me, I'd have him be able to select from the following: Squirtle or Pichu, Ivysaur or Espeon, and Charizard or Snorlax.
This I would be cool with.

yani

Smash Lord
I can deal with the classic controller. I'd love to see a GC classic controller though. The tablet seems fine to play on though.

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I can deal with the classic controller. I'd love to see a GC classic controller though. The tablet seems fine to play on though.

i think it might work depending on how it feels(I've heard nothing but good things or else I'd think it's terrible) however do you want to bring that screen on a road trip to go to a national?

And that's assuming they finally do decide to allow more than 1 or 2 Wii U controllers to connect to a single console. No one wants to RPS over the controllers in teams.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I really don't think they should waste time doing a GC controller remake since 1. the controller was gonna get dropped eventually 2.that same controller was why they had to modify Other fighting games on the GC(simple mode CvS, anyone?) and 3. it would only be used with one game(best to avoid a TvC/Mario Paint scenario, thank you).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Aight, I've updated my roster for (hopefully) the last time. I added Dixie, Palutena, Chrome, Dark Samus, and Adam Malkovich, bringing the grand total to (a pretty unrealistic) 60.

I really don't feel that we'll be seeing THAT many characters, but I do think that seeing anyone outside of this list will be pretty surprising.

In order to bring it down to a more realistic 50, I'd probably drop, in no particular order

Toad, Roy, Dixie, Palutena, Adam, Ray 01, Lucario, Krystal, Mii, and Bandana Dee.

As much as I'd hate to drop ANY of these characters, these 10 stick out as some of the more unlikely, at least to me. If anyone wants, I can explain why, but the current image as it is stands as more of a Dream Roster than a realistic one.
I'm weirdly cool with Dark Samus and Adam Malkovich all of a sudden. Dunno why really, but I'd like this.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually, Mewtwo would be more relevant of the two. I'd like to note that latest game that he plays a role on. I'm just saiyan.

But either way, I'd rather just have 6 slots(or if we have less), PT with 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen, Mewtwo/Meowth, Lucario, Jigglypuf, Pikachu, and 5th Gen. Everybody wins, really.
Aye, the Crossover... You have my tounge there... But if Lucario makes a grand appearence, too, then once again, Mewtwo will be behind Lucario again. Also note Lucario has had more activity in the last 5 years. Mewtwo hasn't really shown anything since Melee. Name one thing that made a LARGE impact on Mewtwo base ever since D&P was born.

I'd rather not have Pichu, to be honest. He's too similar to Pikachu.

For 1st, 2nd, 3rd... Meowth, Heracross, Deoxys. All different styles. If not Deoxys, there's tons of other characters to choose from. Looks good for checking the fairly popular anime-wise.(which to be honest, does have influence on what's popular)
I'd rather not have Luigi, to be honest. He's to similar to Mario. You might as well of said that. Pichu can be ALOT different than Pikachu.

Tbh, I'd love to see Jiggz and PT leave. No one'll cry *much* if they were replaced. Think about it. Meowth or Jiggz? PT or Deoxys? PT wasn't even wanted, and Jiggz has about how much impact to Pokemon? Meowth's shown his face much longer than Jigglypuff, yet makes it as a Poke Ball in the N64 version. Hell, he wasn't even IN Melee. He was brought back in Brawl, sure, but as a friggin Poke Ball.

All I'm saying is that Meowth deserves more respect than your average Pokemon, like Jiggz. I know Jiggz had a huge impact in the anime, but not anymore. Meowth should of been chosen. I'm just sayin'.

Pichu doesn't HAVE to be similar to Pikachu, though. Pichu is more than capable of having it's own set of Specials. And already factor out one for the Pokemon Change...
This, Hyperfalcon. This.

Except there's no reason to believe he had a chance of being de-cloned, especially when he was completely cut. I'd rather it be about the same as Brawl. A Trophy, one of his(possibly most popular) costumes being used by Pikachu, and the theory that he could've become Pikachu(if we ignore anime stuff). But eh.

I'd like him de-cloned too, but I don't see him or Child Link ever having that chance like the rest.
You see, you're going off what happened before. Change will happen. But I, myself, do not see pichu coming in above most. If anything, Pichu, Meowth, and Jiggz should be on a Pkmn Trainer set.

I wonder... if he'll make a custom controller for Sm4sh? Profit, baby. $$$

I really don't think they should waste time doing a GC controller remake since 1. the controller was gonna get dropped eventually 2.that same controller was why they had to modify Other fighting games on the GC(simple mode CvS, anyone?) and 3. it would only be used with one game(best to avoid a TvC/Mario Paint scenario, thank you).
I agree, though in a different way. They won[t remake the GC controller JUST for the Sm4sh game, unless Sakurai made it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Adam Malkovich has to be one of the worst ideas for Smash ever. Anthony Higgs would be better than him if only because of the Token Black Man argument. If he were a villain and a woman, he'd be pretty much confirmed.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Adam Malkovich has to be one of the worst ideas for Smash ever. Anthony Higgs would be better than him if only because of the Token Black Man argument. If he were a villain and a woman, he'd be pretty much confirmed.
Really? Adam is one hell of a lot more important than Higgs. He's been important to the plots of two of the Metroid games, and could easily have a different moveset by using the different Federation weapons.

And saying Higgs has a better chance because he's black is just flat out wrong. If that was a factor, we'd have a black guy in Smash already. And no, Ganon doesn't count.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't care that Adam is white and Anthony is black. Neither are purple, so they're both stupid choices.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I don't care that Adam is white and Anthony is black. Neither are purple, so they're both stupid choices.

I've got Ridley on my list, and I definitely agree that he should come first. In terms of Metroid newcomers, I think the order should go:

1. Ridley
2. Dark Samus
3. Adam
4. Melissa Bergman
The Rest: Anybody Else

So while I support Adam Malkovich, I think Dark Samus and DEFINITELY Ridley should come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom