• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still confused.
Donkey Kong as you know him to be is DK Jr. grown up. He has been that in all games since DKC. Cranky Kong is a grown up Donkey Kong from the arcade game 'Donkey Kong'. It explains why DK is a good guy, cause DK Jr. was good to.

Diddy is not DK's nephew though.

:phone:

yani

Smash Lord
We play with the design used in DKC though, and its still not the original, so the analogy is still really busted.
Not really, but why do we have Red as a PT instead of the latest at the time (4th gen)? Matthew over Issac and Isa over Saki don't work, and I don't care enough to argue it

Diddy is not DK's nephew though.
Yes he is on the top right where it says family you'll see it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
PT's design is from the 3rd Gen, to clarify. Not the 1st. Whether you call him Red or not, mind you.(it's also the closest we have to a 3rd Gen playable rep, which I will admit with the only Pokemon boss being 3rd Gen, it got some fair rep.)

@MO: Honestly was a typo. :p

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Not really, but why do we have Red as a PT instead of the latest at the time (4th gen)? Matthew over Issac and Isa over Saki don't work, and I don't care enough to argue it
I addressed this. There is no real set pattern. Ness got in, not Ninten. Marth and Roy got in at the same time. DKC DK got in instead of original DK. Its just sort of random. And the generation 1 Pokemon trainer wasn't even the real generation 1 Pokemon trainer. He was a Generation 3 Pokemon trainer that was based off of the design of the Generation 1 trainer.

yani

Smash Lord
PT's design is from the 3rd Gen, to clarify. Not the 1st. Whether you call him Red or not, mind you.(it's also the closest we have to a 3rd Gen playable rep, which I will admit with the only Pokemon boss being 3rd Gen, it got some fair rep.)
To be fair he's based on FireRed/LeafGreen design (released in third gen, but based on first gen)

I addressed this. There is no real set pattern. Ness got in, not Ninten. Marth and Roy got in at the same time. DKC DK got in instead of original DK. Its just sort of random. And the generation 1 Pokemon trainer wasn't even the real generation 1 Pokemon trainer. He was a Generation 3 Pokemon trainer that was based off of the design of the Generation 1 trainer.
I can't say about Earthbound because I don't know about it, but Roy was added last minute for advertisement. We got DK because he is the character we play as. We never played as Cranky Kong (save spin-offs) so it makes sense. FireRed/LeafGreen is still Red, just a remake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair he's based on FireRed/LeafGreen design (released in third gen, but based on first gen)
Actually, it's the 1st Generation character based upon the 3rd Generation redesign. To clarify.

It's the closest we have to a 3rd Gen rep regardless.

But anyway, I honestly want to see him return with Charizard, and a 2nd and 3rd Gen new Pokemon. This way, we don't have to worry about caring about other Gens, and it leaves spaces for keeping Lucario, adding a 4th Gen, bringing back Mewtwo, as well as possibly adding in Meowth(if Mewtwo doesn't make it again, which I'd rather have a new guy than him, to be honest. He's cool, I will admit, but I really want a new guy a bit first)

So...

Pokemon Trainer: Charizard, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen
Meowth/Mewtwo
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Zoroark/Vicitini/Genesect

A very good roster as is. Gives every generation some notes. Keeps the most popular part of PT(let's be honest, Charizard is the most popular one currently), allows the chance to add another 1st Gen like in Melee and Brawl, and gives everyone one of their possible favorites.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes he is on the top right where it says family you'll see it

No seriously, it was only mentioned in Smash 64, and in NONE of the DK games. Ever. Is Kaptain K.Rool now King K.Rool's brother cause of Brawl's trophy? I hope not.....

yani

Smash Lord
@HF oops that's what I meant :laugh:

@Diddy I'm almost positive I've seen it mentioned in manuals. I know the DK64 one says "nephew wannabe" I'm gonna try to find a better one

yani

Smash Lord
@Diddy Okay so from what I'm understanding Diddy's relationship is a huge fog too. Rare made posts on their site hinting Diddy is DK's nephew, but the whole kong situation is a huge mystery. Here's an interesting link Kong Controversy

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It was always just little buddy, no family ties. Sakurai started it in 64, and luckily retconned it on Diddy's Brawl update.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Except K. Rool's trophy was a localization error like Lyn's age.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lyn's age, indeed. XDDDDDD

SERIOUSLY, She's 15?!

BTW, I think she CLEARLY hates me.. Always comes the most to KILL MEEE. She killed me back when I tried to clear Adventure Mode in Very Hard, ruining my collected points. Also there's this ONE BATTLE where she missed me ( playing as Meta Knight) and then CAME BACK in the same battle to take me down. What does she have against me??? (-;^;-)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Replace Matthew with somebody with a more unique style, like Svetta, and we got something. Presuming all 8 come back for the Dark Dawn's sequel. A Beast Man-style user could be interesting. We have beasts, fist fighters, but none that really emphasize on their animal spiritual style. Falcon is fairly close, Falco has a few bird-style moves. But nobody is truly emphasized. IMO.
Wolf won't let Svetta do it. :troll:

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Aight, I've updated my roster for (hopefully) the last time. I added Dixie, Palutena, Chrome, Dark Samus, and Adam Malkovich, bringing the grand total to (a pretty unrealistic) 60.

I really don't feel that we'll be seeing THAT many characters, but I do think that seeing anyone outside of this list will be pretty surprising.

In order to bring it down to a more realistic 50, I'd probably drop, in no particular order

Toad, Roy, Dixie, Palutena, Adam, Ray 01, Lucario, Krystal, Mii, and Bandana Dee.

As much as I'd hate to drop ANY of these characters, these 10 stick out as some of the more unlikely, at least to me. If anyone wants, I can explain why, but the current image as it is stands as more of a Dream Roster than a realistic one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Landmaster?

That's not another form. That's him summoning a freakin' tank. It has similarities to a transformation, yes, but he doesn't change it it himself. Wario Man, Zero Suit Samus(arguably regular Samus), Super Sonic, Giga Bowser, those are transformations.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wolf doesn't have Psynergy attacks or could turn into a another form to attack. :troll:
Psynergy is just a fancy word for magic. When it comes to hitboxes, Psynergy isn't any different from Zelda's magic or Pokemon's elemental powers or the PK moves from Mother games.

yani

Smash Lord
Since most roster's here are similar, I decided to do my own personal wishlist. This is not intended to be realistic whatsoever.

Just some notes:
I didn't want to put Banjo with the third parties, this was assuming Rare is still with Nintendo (I know they're not)
I don't care for Mii, but I figured it would look better than the random box

HUGE PROPS to Oasis.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who needs psyenergy to shoot lightning when you could shoot...a gun!

Also, you're sort of trying to get Svetta in on her beast powers, rather than her Psyenergy, aren't you?
What makes her more notable than any other Jupiter user IS her beast powers. She can still use some of the other ones for some various throws or air attacks, but the main reason to play as her, not to mention her only story part was all about her beast stuff.

Isaac can use the Psynergy route. Whether through variations of elemental sword attacks, projectiles, etc.

Of all the Jupiter users, Svetta is the only one so far that is different from the rest. The rest are pretty generic and really only have somewhat different psynergy. She's the odd one of the bunch. Plus, a physical Jupiter user is actually unusual. They're often Fast strikers with little strength.

The only one I could see a comparison to is Falcon, admittably, but unlike him, she's not only female, but has an actual beast form, and of course, has canon moves and doesn't need most of it made up.

Psynergy is specific to Golden Sun. The only series that even uses that kind of magic that heavily shapes the world is Quest 64, notably. It's actually unique to the series in general. Just like Pokemon Points is specific to Pokemon.

@Yani: Banjo-Kazooie should be next to the Third Parties. Not liking the lack of both a 3rd Gen and 5th Gen. Send out Lucario and Pichu for the appropriate versions, please.(or take out Pokemon Trainer, or Mewtwo) Not liking Geno over Bowser Jr, either. Also, two Kid Icarus characters added is pushing it a bit. I like the rest, though.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Aight, I've updated my roster for (hopefully) the last time. I added Dixie, Palutena, Chrome, Dark Samus, and Adam Malkovich, bringing the grand total to (a pretty unrealistic) 60.

I really don't feel that we'll be seeing THAT many characters, but I do think that seeing anyone outside of this list will be pretty surprising.

In order to bring it down to a more realistic 50, I'd probably drop, in no particular order

Toad, Roy, Dixie, Palutena, Adam, Ray 01, Lucario, Krystal, Mii, and Bandana Dee.

As much as I'd hate to drop ANY of these characters, these 10 stick out as some of the more unlikely, at least to me. If anyone wants, I can explain why, but the current image as it is stands as more of a Dream Roster than a realistic one.
Nobody wants to comment?

yani

Smash Lord
@Yani: Banjo-Kazooie should be next to the Third Parties. Not liking the lack of both a 3rd Gen and 5th Gen. Send out Lucario and Pichu for the appropriate versions, please.(or take out Pokemon Trainer, or Mewtwo) Not liking Geno over Bowser Jr, either. Also, two Kid Icarus characters added is pushing it a bit. I like the rest, though.
I didn't put Banjo by the third parties because in Yani's wishworld Rare should still be with Nintendo :awesome:

I didn't bother adding a 3rd / new gen just out of laziness, I wanted to keep the picture neat

But realistically Jr has a better shot over Geno, and I'm only expecting one KI myself too

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just wondering, Yani, out of those, which ones do you find unrealistic? I'm gonna guess Banjo and Geno?

@WildVine One glaring thing is that there are 3 new Metroid characters. I just don't think it'll make that big of a jump. I also think Ray and Krystal are a bit iffy, personally.

Finally, It doesn't look like you added a retro character. I suggest adding one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Wildvine: Add a 3rd Gen character. Then your roster is perfect. As of right now, it's lacking.

@Yani: Yeah, both reasons are bad. Rare is Microsoft.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering, Yani, out of those, which ones do you find unrealistic? I'm gonna guess Banjo and Geno?
Those two due to being owned by Microsoft and Square

I also doubt Pichu's return, and the amount of characters in general (I had 60).

Other than that, each character on there has a realistic chance of appearing. Just not all together :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know? I didn't even notice Pichu the first time XD

Although large, it would contain all but two of the characters I want in Smash (Bowser Jr. and Victini.) and then some.
Oh how I wish Yani's world were true...

yani

Smash Lord
You know? I didn't even notice Pichu the first time XD

Although large, it would contain all but two of the characters I want in Smash (Bowser Jr. and Victini.) and then some.
Oh how I wish Yani's world were true...
I was going to put Victini but I wanted to keep my picture neat :3 he's my 5th gen of choice.

Dislike Jr. though :(

We'll pretend the Mii icon is secretly Victini. It's a win/win :awesome:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
@Wildvine: Add a 3rd Gen character. Then your roster is perfect. As of right now, it's lacking.
Ehhh, I really don't think Pokemon will get 7 reps OR a 3rd Gen Rep. As much as I'd love to add Deoxys (Him being my favorite Pokemon), I really don't see it happening. I was iffy enough about keeping Lucario as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom