• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
Of course. Impa is more important than Sheik in LoZ, but Sheik is more important for Smash. Impa hasn't even got a trophy, and if Sakurai really wanted Sheik gone he would've done it in Brawl. No one would've known Sheik had a TP design so he could have gotten away with it. He made the effort to keep her. Also the fact that Sheik is Zelda is also fair game. Impa doesn't work for me. Vets>Newcomers always imo

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, maybe he just wanted Zelda to stay a double character, and in fact, that's also possible with Impa. Besides, Zelda / Sheik admitted is one of the more unique concepts, from Melee. So it getting a 2nd go is no real surprise. But Brawl brought far more unique ideas than Zelda / Sheik, so imo this is the best time to replace Sheik. She can stay in the 3DS version for all I care (seeing as I expect that one to have the more conservative roster) but I want Impa in the Wii U version.

Can't avoid her forever SSBF

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
SSBF: Okay, damn. I think I just triggered it off again.

I'll just keep my roster like this.

Until Impa is no more debated thing which can break our community, not gonna add her. Sorry Diddy, but I'm speaking truth here.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would it be easier to just create an Impa alliance (social group) and keep discussion there instead of here?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Diddy, c'mon now, you gotta take the hint sooner or later

If people want to LEAVE because of the constant Sheik vs Impa debates (most of which are started by YOU), why don't you just take that as an incentive to STOP MENTIONING IMPA, at least for a little while

It seems you can't even go a week without saying, "Impa 4 Sm4sh! Are you guys ready yet? Are you ready yet? Can we discuss Impa now?"

It's annoying as hell, seriously

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What would that accomplish? All you're doing is putting the fans away, accomplishing nothing.

@Metal
He's probably trolling.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sometimes a little bit yeah, sorry for that one to but y'all gotta be so tense about this...

I'll hold myself in now.

But I'll jump in if its being discussed though. A character can be discussed as long as its wanted so.. I just won't be starting it myself, for now.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Honestly before coming back to this thread I didn't really think about Impa, and may have been more receptive to the idea, but you really have made me not want her in, Diddy. >_>

Anyways, I'd still like to know what makes people always put Saki in instead of Isa. I mean I've only gotten one straight answer and there wasn't even a reasoning in it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pieman: It might that whole Marth-thing, but indeed, Isa seems very similar to Saki, anyway. (-l,l-);

Ya could like compare it to Isaac = Matthew-thing a bit. (I guess they're different slightly in powers and abilities, but anyway)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Here's some ideas I had a while back for online play:

1. Host migration/better netcode- I think these are the things that can help solve the lag problem for the most part. With host migration, if the host of the game (the person with the strongest internet connection) leaves the game or is having trouble hosting it, then the server can choose a different player to host it instead of just ending the game.

2. Voice chat enabled- Self-explanatory. Comes with an option to mute desired players, and you can chat with anyone this time around.

3. Custom and Private Matches- It would work almost exactly like Special Brawl Online, except only people you, your friends on Wii U, and the people you invite can play with you. Sakurai can also take this a step further by having a contest for who can make the best custom-made game, choose the best custom-made games to become actual online modes in the online playlist.

4. Patch/Hotfix System- Basically, as you probably already know, if something's unbalanced or glitchy in the game, they fix it via online updates for the game. They'd also be used as DLC updates for when DLC is about to release

5. DLC- Characters, stages, music, maybe even a new mode if they wish

6. Ability to set up online tourneys- Just a shout out to the more competitive players, not sure how this would work my damn self

7. Ability to veto stages- A stage is randomly picked. Players in the lobby can veto it and if the majority of the people veto, then a different stage is chosen.

8. King of the Hill- Something like MK 2011 where spectators can join a match and comment on and rate it with their avatars/Miis using certain buttons or motion of the tablet (such as clapping or throwing tomatoes at the screen). There could be hidden commands too, like maybe if you press certain buttons at the same time, you can shout, "DO A BARREL ROLL!" out to the players or something along those lines.
Adding on to that, you could have private leaderboards amongst your Wii U friends like in MW2

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Pieman: It might that whole Marth-thing, but indeed, Isa seems very similar to Saki, anyway. (-l,l-);

Ya could like compare it to Isaac = Matthew-thing a bit. (I guess they're different slightly in powers and abilities, but anyway)
Well the thing is, I can understand a bit more with people wanting Isaac instead of Matthew a bit more. Dark Dawn didn't go over so hot, and Isaac was still there. In fact he was in all three games. I wouldn't mind either of the two, since they are essentially the same, but I get where the sentimental value plays in for Isaac, as well as overall exposure within the franchise. I just don't get Saki though. It seems a lot more of a case of Ninten and Ness to me, except Saki has less moves to go off of than Isa and was from a game that only got a western release on the Virtual Console. Now Star Sucessor may not have sold that well, but I just don't see what Saki has that Isa doesn't have more of in both exposure and abilities. So I just want to know what it is.....and the only thing I can think of is that he was a Assist Trophy.

yani

Smash Lord
Saki and Issac both got AT's over Isa/Matthew so it can be implied that Sakurai prefers them

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Saki and Issac both got AT's over Isa/Matthew so it can be implied that Sakurai prefers them

Brawl came out before both of Isa/Matthew's games were released. :rolleyes:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, maybe it could be that Saki is just more 'well-known' and the one starring the whole thing which then took off to the direction of getting international (they tried to release it to here back in N64-days, remember?), thus it would be somewhat wierd to see his son taking his place without any reason. He might have more abilities and such, but unlike Matthew (from what Yui said, is seemingly being pushed to be the "real" hero by the developers and stuff so maybe it helps Matthew get even with huge following Isaac has), Isa doesn't really have much special going for him. (-l-l-); Ya could indeed compare that to Marth, but I don't think it's no good reason for supporting him.

I played Star Successor, but I still prefer Saki over Isa.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Isaac gets in, I demand that he be his manly version in Dark Dawn, not that bowl-cut version of him from the first two games.

Speaking of manliness, why is it that girls fawn over the girly looking/skinny guys these days. Is there a world wide body image issue or something?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kuma: No. He'd be easily Captain Falcon numbah 2 with that epic beard of his. It would totally put off his original fans from the GBA-times too and make Matthew more than shoe-in for Smash 4.

NO.

NO.

NOOO.

/Zen Mode off/

Okay, just saying, why that design over the more familiar and recognisable design from the first two games? (-l^i-); It'd be like you'd use that Other M-design on Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can this, X made it over Z as AT / item / trophy / character stop? For recent characters its impossible to be in a game from 2008. :/

Though, I do see Isaac and Saki as more likely than their sons. The fact also that the next main character is their child already points out their popularity in the series.

But for others, this logic is stupid, sorry.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For Zelda and Fire Emblem I see it as more necessary than from other series.

yani

Smash Lord
Those are different, I'm referring to franchises that aren't playable in Smash yet. If Issac and Saki were already playable, Matthew and Isa would have a solid shot (assuming we only get one slot for each franchise)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Sometimes a little bit yeah, sorry for that one to but y'all gotta be so tense about this...

I'll hold myself in now.

But I'll jump in if its being discussed though. A character can be discussed as long as its wanted so.. I just won't be starting it myself, for now.

People are tense because it is literally insanity and it is CONSTANT. My policy now is that whenever I check the thread, I go back a few pages, and if I see an Impa discussion, I just leave. Even the Victini fanboys weren't this bad. Their character is actually a legitimate candidate and their ranks have more than ONE PERSON. Not to mention they don't advocate eliminating a veteran while butchering an existing character in the process for the sake of their own personal preferences and nothing else. And for me, Layton would be my "Impa," who actually has a LOT going for him, yet I still generally only mention him when someone else brings up the subject first.

It would be like me professing the awesomeness of Blooper and demanding he be playable for a bunch of arbitrary reasons EVERY TIME I MADE A ****ING POST. Which I might actually do now...

BLOOPER FOR SMASH 4! He has been in like EVERY Mario game, you guys! Plus he's like a squid. Isn't that awesome?! We should replace Wario for Blooper since they fill the same role but Blooper is awesomer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree that both should series have 1 character, but I think I still want the fathers above the sons. Make the sons replace them in the next Smash, especially if Dark Dawn gets a sequel with Matthew as main character, and we get a new Sin and Punishment game.

I want to respond to above post. May I? -.-

Hoots' post I mean

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wanting more approval. Anyways, Impa is a legitimate choice, and I'm not the only one wanting her. Should be enough to discredit the whole post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I decided to put my roster here and test out Oasis' roster maker thingamajig since people have been posting rosters.

Works great, Oasis.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma: No. He'd be easily Captain Falcon numbah 2 with that epic beard of his. It would totally put off his original fans from the GBA-times too and make Matthew more than shoe-in for Smash 4.

NO.

NO.

NOOO.

/Zen Mode off/

Okay, just saying, why that design over the more familiar and recognisable design from the first two games? (-l^i-); It'd be like you'd use that Other M-design on Ridley.

How would he be Capt. Falcon #2? The only characters with beards at this point are Ganondorf and Snake.

And how do I know you're not trying to hide your opposition behind some fabricated justification. People don't seem to be having a problem with having the most updated design of a character in a crossover. Let me guess, you'd rather have the OoT designs for the Zelda characters because you wouldn't want to put off fans of OoT? Perhaps Little Mac should have his Brawl design instead of his Ambiguously Brown look in Punch-Out Wii or Pit and co. should retain their original NES designs.

Stop living in the past and move on.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyways, I'd still like to know what makes people always put Saki in instead of Isa. I mean I've only gotten one straight answer and there wasn't even a reasoning in it.
Saki looks cooler than Isa. Isa is ugly. That is all it takes for me.

People are tense because it is literally insanity and it is CONSTANT. My policy now is that whenever I check the thread, I go back a few pages, and if I see an Impa discussion, I just leave. Even the Victini fanboys weren't this bad. Their character is actually a legitimate candidate and their ranks have more than ONE PERSON. Not to mention they don't advocate eliminating a veteran while butchering an existing character in the process for the sake of their own personal preferences and nothing else. And for me, Layton would be my "Impa," who actually has a LOT going for him, yet I still generally only mention him when someone else brings up the subject first.
I saw this picture and thought of you Hoots.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kuma: C'mon, but how does that design make Isaac anything better, anyway? He might be updated, but I think it hinders his character a lot because if he was made an adult in SSB4 and people see he was a teenager all the time in the playable roles, it would put them off a lot and confuse them.

Huge risk was done for Pit during that, and Little Mac hadn't changed that much. Isaac again, I think it wouldn't make sense because the newest design comes from a game which he doesn't even STAR in. Which means I'd see Matthew more likely than Adult Isaac.
Also, it's said in Dark Dawn the Adult Isaac just disappears away while Matthew's gone at his journey. Yeah, right.

But c'mon, which seems more fittable for you guys in Smash?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some of the Assist Trophies were characters that had chances of being playable, but just didn't cut it. Mainly the more fighter-esque ones. As for Matthew, to be honest, he's not that iconic anyway. He technically can naturally do more than Isaac without extra Djinni, but that's it. That, and he's the only one in Dark Dawn that can wield both the Sol Edge and the other Earth Longsword. I forgot its name.

Anyway, repping a series for the first time should take the most known character. The two most known of the heroes were strictly Isaac and Felix.(Also, Isaac and Felix both have personalities that are shown in the exact game where they're not the main hero. Isaac has quite a bit of personality in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn. Felix has it in the first game. Matthew... uhhh... what personality?) Personality just makes them more noticeable, of course. For fans, that is.

But eh, we all know that being well-known among fans doesn't mean crap. Unless it comes with popularity, then they might have a chance.(Waluigi, Toad, they both have tons of popularity and are well-known. Hell, even Tingle fits there, and Ghirahim is fairly close on that.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Star, a character is ugly so he's not interesting and others are boring cause you have wacky standards for liking characters? What's up with that? A character must both look cool, yet be wacky?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma: C'mon, but how does that design make Isaac anything better, anyway? He might be updated, but I think it hinders his character a bit because since if he was made an adult in the game and people see he was a teenager all the time in the playable roles, it would put them off a lot.

Huge risk was done for Pit during that, and Little Mac hadn't changed that much. Isaac again, I think it wouldn't make sense because the newest design comes from a game which he doesn't even STAR in. Which means I'd see Matthew more likely than Adult Isaac.

So apparently you're against design evolution.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star, a character is ugly so he's not interesting and others are boring cause you have wacky standards for liking characters? What's up with that? A character must both look cool, yet be wacky?

I can discriminate against boring and ugly characters if I want to. At the end of the day it is solely my opinion and reflects what I enjoy in characters. I am not saying anything about legitimacy. In a perfect, Starphoenix world the roster would be filled with adorable cute characters that are huggable yet violent. I want to be able to open the roster and go "dawwwww" every time.

What we want does not always equate to what we think is likely or reasonable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac will likely be just a little bit older looking than his Brawl design I feel. In the next game, may Dark Dawn have a sequel, Matthew can replace Isaac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom