• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
Alright then, let's begin.

The character underneath the Ice Climbers is Takamaru, from Nazo no Murasame-jō a japanese only game. Sakurai has been taking an interest into him for sometime, and said that he would add him into SSB4 if he recieved another appearence. Recently he made a Cameo playable appearence in Samurai Warriors 3 in a Special level devoted to his game.

I don't think so. I think Final Fantasy games, as important as they are, aren't really coming to Nintendo consoles anymore. Dragon Quest though as recently been pulling the weight from the company. They have several games in development specifically for Nintendo's Consoles. If anyone is going to appear from that franchise it's certainly a Slime; but why not have the Slime with a name and go with Rocket? He has special abilities and can use attacks other Slimes can too. It's a win win situation in my book.

I had Magnus in my roster for some time, but I then realized that even though Sakurai's making the game. It took him until brawl to actually add more of his own characters other than Kirby. So I figured it would make more sense to not add one. But if I had to, I would most likely put in Medusa.

I mean Smash needs more villains and women right?
I can see where you are coming from with Slime, but in terms of personal interest, I would still rather have a Final Fantasy character. For me, Smash is more about celebrating the classic days of Nintendo, hence characters like Pit and the Ice Climbers. FFVI is one of the definitive classics of the SNES, and I would love to see more magic based characters like Terra. They already have a lot of "cutesie" kind of characters like Kirby and Picachu. But in any case, I would be happy if any Square Enix character was included.

And yeah, I would love to see Medusa as a character. I like seeing characters that you wouldn't normally play as in games, like the villains. And Smash Bros. still seems like it is stuck in the past where fighting games had the one or two token female fighters.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I know that I'll get a lot of flack from this roster, but whatever. =P

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Doesn't NEED them per se, but there's no reason not to have more.

*Lip & Alexandra ;_;*
I was joking with what Kolorado said because I said I'd choose Medusa, who is both a villain and female. But I also agree with your statement.

I can see where you are coming from with Slime, but in terms of personal interest, I would still rather have a Final Fantasy character. For me, Smash is more about celebrating the classic days of Nintendo, hence characters like Pit and the Ice Climbers. FFVI is one of the definitive classics of the SNES, and I would love to see more magic based characters like Terra. They already have a lot of "cutesie" kind of characters like Kirby and Picachu. But in any case, I would be happy if any Square Enix character was included.

And yeah, I would love to see Medusa as a character. I like seeing characters that you wouldn't normally play as in games, like the villains. And Smash Bros. still seems like it is stuck in the past where fighting games had the one or two token female fighters.
Well, Dragon Quest was around in the NES days too you know. Except unlike Final Fantasy they've stayed with Nintendo the whole way through. Also with the "Cutesie" characters the only ones are really just the Kirby Franchise/Olimar/Pokemon and I assure you, a Slime can be a real dark and sinister creature some times....
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/105/4/c/mario_vs__slimes_by_hermesgildo-d3cy8w7.jpg

Yeah, that's what I love about Smash. You can play as the characters you wouldn't be able to play as in the main games or just in games now in general.

-image-
The Roster is pretty nice. My only complaints are having both Palutena and Medusa, uneeded removal of Lucario, and the inclusion of Travis Touchdown.
I don't think we'd get two new KI reps right off the bat in Smash 4. It wouldn't make much sense.
Lucario didn't really have to be removed at all and without him that makes Pokemon the short side of the stick in terms of reps. Pokemon has always been on top or tied for top number of reps. I don't see that ever going to change.
Travis doesn't really fit in with the other Smash characters, at least I think he doesn't.

Otherwise i'd say that it's pretty good.
But if I had to make any suggestions... I would probably say add Layton (lolcompletecharacterpersonalitychange) over Travis and a Pokemon rep over Medusa. Could be Lucario, Mewtwo, Meowth, or Rhydon. Your choice really.

But these are only my views and I still think it's really well made, I just really think you should at least have one more Pokemon rep.

Hope this helps!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DQ didn't stay with Nintendo the whole time, there is at least 3 major titles that were Sony exclusives.

Including the big one, 8

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
DQ didn't stay with Nintendo the whole time, there is at least 3 major titles that were Sony exclusives.

Including the big one, 8
Oh, I didn't know that. :L
Either way they're making 3 big games for the Nintendo's systems right now. I haven't seen any Final Fantasy games being made for Nintendo other then the Rhythm one for the 3DS.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Man... I really hope Sakurai revives Mach Rider.

I think there's plenty of room for evolution in the concept of the game, and it is a PERFECT FIT for the 3DS.

And I mean, who doesn't love explosions? There is definitely a market for a man who takes a punch by EXPLODING.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
OH!
I just noticed there's no Snake and Sonic in the roster.

I don't think they're going anywhere. Especially Sonic, I mean he was the most wanted for Brawl. If he's removed, they'll just put him back in. That's how I see it anyways.

Also yeah, I'd love Mach Rider. With that Rumor about the new game it would be awesome to see in Smash 4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mach Rider is kind of sad.

"No survivors. Proceed to next city in next sector."

How many times does he say that to himself? WHY DO YOU RIDE, MACH RIDER?!

...What if his bike could talk? Like Kitt. It would keep him company... :3

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link? Wouldn't surprise me if Skyward Sword is the start of her having more prominent appearances. Speaking of which, I'm wonder what a proper appearance of her in a Toon Zelda game look like.

Also, I think Takamaru will be someone that uses Iaido that will allow for close, hard hitting attacks.
http://mynintendonews.com/2011/12/23/hyrule-historia-reveals-origin-of-link-impa-and-zeldas-name/

Her name literally means to impart.

Agreeing as always on the rest.
I expect her to be an adult in a Toon game as well, so nothing drastically of a change. I hope she at least sort of looks like her Skyward Sword model.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, with Lucas, he still has options. Sure, he has healing attacks that would never see the life of day in a fighting game outside of a super or item. He still has stat altering moves, which, while not as exciting as PK Fire and Thunder, are still very functional and also very unique.
Here is Lucas's moves from Mother 3
And he is Ness's moves
Ness has a few stat moves, but Paralyze is the only one not already in Smash. Lucas has even fewer usable moves. A big reason for borrowing moves.

Also, I'm not saying that Megaman with RM abilities is out of character. I'm just saying you can use that as that as the basis of an anti-Megaman argument. Personally, though, I'd design a Megaman where said use of abilities are limited so as to focus on Megaman himself.
There is no argument. Megaman uses the moves in the same way Kirby does. Metal Blade is his bower as is Leaf Shield and the rest. The difference with Ness and Lucas is they don't use those abilities, Paula and Kumatora do. But Megaman actually uses those attacks in game. So saying they are not part of Megaman himself is ridiculous.

BTW, have you played Starfox Adventures?
Not sure if this was at me, but I have, just been a while.

D

Deleted member

Some major problems with your roster:

Why does Pokemon only have four slots? The franchise is bound to get five or even six slots and the franchise has expanded by two characters every time (when taking into account transformation, 2 in the original, 4 in Melee, 6 in Brawl). Plus the franchise is ripe with potential fighters and there's the possible return of Lucario and/or Mewtwo to consider.

Speaking of which, why does Zelda get to have six characters (transformation included)? There are not nearly as many potential reps for that game and those that I could see get in have just as good of a chance of missing out. It is nowhere nearly as likely that Zelda gets a fifth rep as it is for Mario and Pokemon to get a fifth rep.

You should also remove Travis Touchdown. I don't see why he should be in. Suda 51 may or may not want to push Travis Touchdown for Smash 4, but he faces so many problems. Not only is he third-party, but he is also obscure and not very popular. I also heard that No More Heroes 2 completed Travis's story, so it looks as Suda is going to move on with the No More Heroes franchise.

Also, removing Ice Climbers is a major mistake as he is an integrated part of Smash and it would be too difficult to remove him now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PK Rocking and PK Love are still not used by them. Ness would be good to go with PK Teleport for Up B. Would cover as much distance, or more and move similar to PK Thunder. But main difference is no projectile, and on stage PK Teleport is a charge up attack, but like DK's Giant Punch, cancelable. Would charge quite fast, and do about as much knockback as PK Thunder maybe less, but do less damage. It's a move you'll try to prevent Ness from doing, as it would limit his recovery and block a fast, strong finisher move.

PK Fire should trade places with PK Flash, and Flash should be a random status effect move like paralysis, feeling dizzy / shield breaking, or with a lucky chance, become a OHKO. It's still rather slow, but faster still than before. Travels as fast as PK Fire would, but bigger projectile, and more cooldown lag than PK Fire as well.

B is not PK Fire however, it'd be PK Rockin, and is a slow but powerful psychic blast, similar to PK Flash, but much more useable uncharged. Total damage when charging up would be a wicked 40%.

Furthermore, Ness and Lucas should get Mortal Damage. Meaning that whenever they should normally get KO'd they either get 50% reduced knockback from very powerful attacks, or super armor frames on weaker ones. It has a 50% chance of happening, however, that's what is says. In fact, it has just about 30% chance of happening on the first stock, and 70% chance on the last stock. Luck is indeed a factor in this though.

Also, its much more likely to get in effect the closer Ness and Lucas are to the minimum amount of % that's needed to kill them. Throws are seen as powerful attacks in this case. If its at a real high %, like 300% or more, its far less likely to happen. And it only works once per stock. So Ness and Lucas mains should really master this.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
PK Love is used in the majority of Lucas' moveset.

Mainly in the Up and Down Smash though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas needs less of a revamp than Ness does I feel.

Ness' dash attack needs the same range as in Melee to.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Some major problems with your roster:

Why does Pokemon only have four slots? The franchise is bound to get five or even six slots and the franchise has expanded by two characters every time (when taking into account transformation, 2 in the original, 4 in Melee, 6 in Brawl). Plus the franchise is ripe with potential fighters and there's the possible return of Lucario and/or Mewtwo to consider.

Speaking of which, why does Zelda get to have six characters (transformation included)? There are not nearly as many potential reps for that game and those that I could see get in have just as good of a chance of missing out. It is nowhere nearly as likely that Zelda gets a fifth rep as it is for Mario and Pokemon to get a fifth rep.

You should also remove Travis Touchdown. I don't see why he should be in. Suda 51 may or may not want to push Travis Touchdown for Smash 4, but he faces so many problems. Not only is he third-party, but he is also obscure and not very popular. I also heard that No More Heroes 2 completed Travis's story, so it looks as Suda is going to move on with the No More Heroes franchise.

Also, removing Ice Climbers is a major mistake as he is an integrated part of Smash and it would be too difficult to remove him now.
Oh snap! I completely forgot the Ice Climbers.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's my roster guys:

Now many might wonder about the last spot near Lip. I added Sable there, but thought he is someone I wouldn't really try to put my support very much on: besides this was to make a roster which would pose to have characters people would find fun and cool to play as.

I have two solutions for this:

Add Impa to replace Sheik and then I'd have all slots taken.

OR

Find another retro to take Sable's place.

Which works for you?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Here's my roster guys:

Now many might wonder about the last spot near Lip. I added Sable there, but thought he is someone I wouldn't really try to put my support very much on: besides this was to make a roster which would pose to have characters people would find fun and cool to play as.

I have two solutions for this:

Add Impa to replace Sheik and then I'd have all slots taken.

OR

Find another retro to take Sable's place.

Which works for you?
If Impa's in her own slot, why can't Zelda keep Sheik?
And if there's a retro I wanna see, it'd probably be Muddy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here is Lucas's moves from Mother 3
And he is Ness's moves
Ness has a few stat moves, but Paralyze is the only one not already in Smash. Lucas has even fewer usable moves. A big reason for borrowing moves.
There are still moves available. You just gotta have some creativity as to how to implement these stat moves and such.

Lucas:
[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]
Notes: Has three jumps instead of two to compensate for the lack of a recovery special move.

B: PK Flash
More of a projectile than in the past, this move deals a fixed amount of damage and the after effect is either randomly sleeping, paralysis, or rarely high damage.
Side B: PK Love
Functions exactly like PK Fire, but with the only difference being aesthetics.
Down B: Shield
Stackable up to five, Lucas uses these as hyper armor moves while attacking. Being hit by any attack will take away one stock.
Up B: Offense Up
Stackable up to five, the next Smash attack used by Lucas will multiply in power and knockback by 1.2. Stocks are taken away each time damage is dealt this way or when Lucas takes damage. [/COLLAPSE]

Ness:
[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]
B: Yo-Yo
Ness readies his yo-yo and can be aimed in any direction. Choose a direction to fire the yo-yo away in that direction. Can be canceled out of by pressing B.
Side B: PK Rockin'
Like Lucas' PK Love, this move behaves exactly like the PK Fire of past games.
Down B: Paralysis
Less range than PK Rockin', this projectile doubles as a poke with safer recovery. Paralyzes the opponent on hit.
Up B: Teleport
Function's similarly to Sheik's Teleport, but the initial part of the Teleport does no damage while the second part does.
[/COLLAPSE]

Not sure if this was at me, but I have, just been a while.
Did you see the discussion of combos in Starfox Adventures being put into Smash?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I made Impa take Sheik's moveset.

Or we could go other way and indeed give Impa her own moveset.

Impa VS Sheik!

(-lvl-)b
Geez, what is with these whole Impa replacing Sheik stuff. This is pre-Brawl all over again.

There are still moves available. You just gotta have some creativity as to how to implement these stat moves and such.

Lucas:
[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]
Notes: Has three jumps instead of two to compensate for the lack of a recovery special move.

B: PK Flash
More of a projectile than in the past, this move deals a fixed amount of damage and the after effect is either randomly sleeping, paralysis, or rarely high damage.
Side B: PK Love
Functions exactly like PK Fire, but with the only difference being aesthetics.
Down B: Shield
Stackable up to five, Lucas uses these as hyper armor moves while attacking. Being hit by any attack will take away one stock.
Up B: Offense Up
Stackable up to five, the next Smash attack used by Lucas will multiply in power and knockback by 1.2. Stocks are taken away each time damage is dealt this way or when Lucas takes damage. [/COLLAPSE]

Ness:
[COLLAPSE="Moveset"]
B: Yo-Yo
Ness readies his yo-yo and can be aimed in any direction. Choose a direction to fire the yo-yo away in that direction. Can be canceled out of by pressing B.
Side B: PK Rockin'
Like Lucas' PK Love, this move behaves exactly like the PK Fire of past games.
Down B: Paralysis
Less range than PK Rockin', this projectile doubles as a poke with safer recovery. Paralyzes the opponent on hit.
Up B: Teleport
Function's similarly to Sheik's Teleport, but the initial part of the Teleport does no damage while the second part does.
[/COLLAPSE]
The problem with the moves is they are forced for the sake of canon (which Smash doesn't care about. Olimar is the size of a quarter). All your doing is taking moves the characters already have and making them canon. Why not just leave them the same. They work well together and are more interesting. Practical moves would be just the PK Fire and PK Thunder. Ness already has two of his own moves and he uses Yo-Yo in his Smash already. We don't even know what PK Rocking or Love would look like. Oh, and Teleport only works when the characters are running. See how it is all forced.

Again, it all goes back to playability>canon. None of what you did improves the game and makes it more of a mess (especially those buff things. I can tell you already they wont work well).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This time, unlike pre-Brawl we have a very legitimate replacement.

Young Horsetail: perfect roster! Only thing I'd add is Krystal really.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This time, unlike pre-Brawl we have a very legitimate replacement.

Young Horsetail: perfect roster! Only thing I'd add is Krystal really.

No you dummy, I mean you all are doing the same thing people did pre-Brawl. People were constantly on and on about someone replacing X or someone getting X's moveset. We though Lucas replaced Ness for the longest time. The point is that it's more likely to stay the same than change. Kind of tried to imply that with Ness and Lucas's move when talking to Kuma. When given a choice, always bet that Sakurai will keep it the same.

But I'm sure you'll somehow try to say Lucario replaced Mewtwo and miss the point entirely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
WELL, that has happened indeed. As well as the highly predicted Ike over Roy, and "Wind Waker Link" over Young Link.

So thus far, they where only wrong with Lucas and Ness, and replacing retro characters. What's left?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ah well, her role was better than Sheik's though in OOT right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom