• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In Hyrule Hystorica it seems Impa was always meant to be a more core character on level of Link, Zelda and Ganon apperantly.

:phone:
Link? Wouldn't surprise me if Skyward Sword is the start of her having more prominent appearances. Speaking of which, I'm wonder what a proper appearance of her in a Toon Zelda game look like.

Also, I think Takamaru will be someone that uses Iaido that will allow for close, hard hitting attacks.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Can some explain how pacman movesets are gonna be?

i just can't imagine:tired:
If we're talking Smash, Pacman has MORE than enough for a moveset from the Pacman World games.

If we're talking SFxT, he rides a robot.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So what's your idea of a fun character?
Somebody like Olimar, R.O.B, Mr. Game and Watch, Link, Captain Falcon. People that just bring something to the table that is unique and interesting. That is why I like characters like Ghirahim, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Mach Rider, Porky, Jimmy T, Slime, Megaman; even characters I do not like such as Bowser Jr and Krystal have the potential to be very fun. Those are what would fall under my category of "fun". With them I have a vision inside of my head on how they would function, what they would bring to the roster; balancing the scale between genius and absurdity. I just want creativity even if it is not necessarily with characters I would have chosen.

This is just the way my mind works.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can some explain how pacman movesets are gonna be?

i just can't imagine:tired:
I think even Capcom and Namco had a tough time as this was the best they could come up with it, it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIj2u_FHPwo

@Diddy
Apparently, Impa's name comes from the word "impart" as she is the one who reveals the Legend of Zelda.

Somebody like Olimar, R.O.B, Mr. Game and Watch, Link, Captain Falcon. People that just bring something to the table that is unique and interesting. That is why I like characters like Ghirahim, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Mach Rider, Porky, Jimmy T, Slime, Megaman; even characters I do not like such as Bowser Jr and Krystal have the potential to be very fun. Those are what would fall under my category of "fun". With them I have a vision inside of my head on how they would function, what they would bring to the roster; balancing the scale between genius and absurdity. I just want creativity even if it is not necessarily with characters I would have chosen.

You and I aren't so different.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Takamaru is a samurai fighter, seems like a semi fast sword fighter (between Link and Marth) with a good projectile game. I want Link to have Shield Bash and Skyward Strike as new B moves, so he can take over his heavily projectile reliant play style.

Isaac will have very interesting B moves for sure. Offensive bases Earth element, high damage projectile Psynergy attacks. Can't see that you don't want him after having played Golden Sun. Unless you played it just briefly. It's old skool RPGing, made fun. It's awesome.

Dixie would be more different to Diddy than Ness and Lucas are currently. Dixie could share Diddy's side B, and maybe B Air, U Air but there the similarities end. And even if, Diddy could use more tail attacks like in DK64 to be even more different to Dixie. She would be cool to have.

Little Mac doesn't seem boring to me either. Basic, yes. But that doesn't have to be Boeing.

:phone:
I actually am not all that impressed with having a samurai in the roster. If I want a swift sword fighter I'll just pick up Marth. Tis me though. For Isaac I understand where you are coming from, but, again, even having played Golden Sun and knowing his capabilities he just does not interest me. Granted, perhaps he could pool a Lucas on me (who was a character I did not care for prior to Brawl but ultimately found myself enjoying in the end) and shock me. For now though I am just not impressed. As for Dixie Kong I like her, but I just see her being a glorified Diddy.

My personal criteria on what I enjoy from characters is so wacky I would not try to understand it, honestly. Like I said it comes down to what I am able to see in my mind. As creative as I typically am if I cannot see a character working, than that is saying something. Again, this is all personal at the end of the day.

Let's talk about something other than characters. How about we go over items we want in the next game? I have been thinking about items lately and want to do a big item list.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

I see. I would say in both areas that there are a lot of interesting and fun characters. But this may also be because I'm the type who is interested to see who's in, and with this game, I'm cool with just about anyone.

I don't expect Mach Rider, but God, would he be so cool.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm too offended to talk about items.
Bu-But I had Ridley AND Mach Rider. :(

I see. I would say in both areas that there are a lot of interesting and fun characters. But this may also be because I'm the type who is interested to see who's in, and with this game, I'm cool with just about anyone.

I don't expect Mach Rider, but God, would he be so cool.
I'm the same way too, but I also really want to be surprised. For me as long as I can be dazzled than I am ok. There is a balance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If we're talking Smash, Pacman has MORE than enough for a moveset from the Pacman World games.

If we're talking SFxT, he rides a robot.
I do think Kuma made a great point. Here it is again.

I think even Capcom and Namco had a tough time as this was the best they could come up with it, it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIj2u_FHPwo
Basically, there isn't much to draw on for Pac-Man. The danger is staying with his character. Giving moves, like punching, might draw him out of character. Of course, him riding a mech that's a mix between Pac-Man and the wood robot thing works quite nicely.

BTW, you better take a screenshot. Don't see me agree with Kuma very often.

I'm the same way too, but I also really want to be surprised. For me as long as I can be dazzled than I am ok. There is a balance.
True. Yeah, I was the same way with Wolf (as Lucas I mean). Didn't like him till I saw him 9and played with him). Games gonna be great either way.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SmashChu agreeing with Kuma?!

I honestly never thought I'd live to see this day.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Basically, there isn't much to draw on for Pac-Man. The danger is staying with his character. Giving moves, like punching, might draw him out of character. Of course, him riding a mach that's a mix between Pac-Man and the wood robot thing works quite nicely.

BTW, you better take a screenshot. Don't see me agree with Kuma very often.
That's my beef with Lucas' specials as they're very much out of canon and, more importantly, out of character.

You could use your statement as well to explain why a Megaman using strictly Robot Master abilities could be considered out of character.

And yes, I think we should remember this grand moment when we agree on something.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That's my beef with Lucas' specials as they're very much out of canon and, more importantly, out of character.

You could use your statement as well to explain why a Megaman using strictly Robot Master abilities could be considered out of character.

And yes, I think we should remember this grand moment when we agree on something.
Now we have to disagree again. Shame really.

The difference with Lucas than, say, SFxT Pac-Man is borrow vs pull out of nowhere. Lucas can use PK moves, so him borrowing offensive ones helps the game work out better and is there more for gameplay sake than canon (it's a game after all. Playability comes first). Megaman using Robot Master moves is similar in that he's borrowing moves. But that's still weak as the point of Megaman games was to get powers from the Robot Masters and use them, so they are really his. Be the same for complaining that Kirby can't use Cutter, Roc or Hammer as they are not his.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, with Lucas, he still has options. Sure, he has healing attacks that would never see the life of day in a fighting game outside of a super or item. He still has stat altering moves, which, while not as exciting as PK Fire and Thunder, are still very functional and also very unique.

Also, I'm not saying that Megaman with RM abilities is out of character. I'm just saying you can use that as that as the basis of an anti-Megaman argument. Personally, though, I'd design a Megaman where said use of abilities are limited so as to focus on Megaman himself.

BTW, have you played Starfox Adventures?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wait a little bit, Oasis, I wanna get SmashChu's response first.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
With Megaman's moveset, just once I would like to see him have a decent moveset that doesn't waste his potential.

By far he has the most weapons and abilities in VG history, and so far no one has been able to actually and accurately use them. I hate you Hyper Mega Man. :glare:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess YOU haven't since you never put that twirly attack in Krystal's moveset. >:I
I've given 20 minutes for him to respond, so I'll answer this now.

For those of you that have played Starfox Adventures, do you guys remember some of the inputs to do particular staff attacks? When I was suggesting those Tekken type chains, I was envisioning something very similar, if not exactly like the staff combat in Starfox Adventures which shows potential to have depth in attack chains with only one button. In fact, Krystal is the ideal poster girl for this, especially with the TWIRLY ATTACK from Adventures.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I've given 20 minutes for him to respond, so I'll answer this now.

For those of you that have played Starfox Adventures, do you guys remember some of the inputs to do particular staff attacks? When I was suggesting those Tekken type chains, I was envisioning something very similar, if not exactly like the staff combat in Starfox Adventures which shows potential to have depth in attack chains with only one button. In fact, Krystal is the ideal poster girl for this, especially with the TWIRLY ATTACK from Adventures.
Apparently there were about 6 combos which basically revolved around hitting the A button multiple times, but changed depending on how you started it, like down A A A A A A versus standard A A A A A A or Left A A A A A A. Also the dodge button could be used at times for X A A A A A A and Left X A

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does anyone watch There Will Be Brawl? I heard that they was planning on making a prequel. It could be hypothetically based on Super Smash Bros. 4 if that's true.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone watch There Will Be Brawl? I heard that they was planning on making a prequel. It could be hypothetically based on Super Smash Bros. 4 if that's true.
What's "There will be Brawl"?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm not exactly sure if whether I should post this here or not, but since Golden posted it here. I'll do the same.

This is my Roster.

You might notice that the majority of the character images here are similar to the ones Golden posts here. This is because I'm his roster image supplier, nice to meet you all!

Some Notes Here
>Dr. Mario and Overall Wario are alternate costumes.
>Zero Suit Samus still functions the way she did in Brawl, her image placement just allows people to know she's still there.
>Mach Rider will not be on his bike, but will have a chain and use it similarly like Ghost Rider does in UMvC3
>The person under Lucas is Shulk, from Xenoblade
>The person above Game and Watch is The Sheriff
>The Slime is Rocket from Dragon Quest Heroes
>There are 4 Miis because those Miis are "Save Spots" You make your Mii in the 3DS version of Sm4sh, then you can save them onto your Wii U version so you can make more Miis.

If anyone has any questions and comments please, post them!

D

Deleted member

Is Dr. Mario JUST a costume, or does he have his differences?

Also, you might want to explain the Diddy/Dixe duo, as people here are used to the idea of Diddy and Dixie being seperate.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Is Dr. Mario JUST a costume, or does he have his differences?

Also, you might want to explain the Diddy/Dixe duo, as people here are used to the idea of Diddy and Dixie being seperate.
Ah yes,
Dr. Mario would be a costume.

As for Diddy and Dixie, I always thought they would work as a Ice Climbers/Zelda&Sheik thing. Where they would travel together but then Switch through the down special. If one were to be killed you lose access to your down special until the Kong you were using dies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That'd be pretty damn cool. Although I honestly doubt it would be based upon SSB4. Likewise... why don't people ever make parodies of the original game.

@PI: It's a fan parody of the series using live-action style with a few bits of computer stuff thrown in for stuff like Mr. Game & Watch's final smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wouldn't it be based on Melee?
Kind of think of it, probably since Pichu, Mewtwo, and Roy would be alive at that time. I think newer characters that would be in Super Smash Bros. 4, like K. Rool and Ridley, might be seen since it would be out around 2015-2016 (SBB4's varied release). Not much is known at the moment, so we will have to wait on some newer details.

Kolorado

Smash Apprentice
@Ariand/AEM

I must say that you made a pretty solid roster there. It is definitely one I would be happy with. A few notes, though:

I don't recognize the character under The Iceclimbers. Who is that?

If Square Enix gives a character, I would rather it be someone non-generic like Cecil from FFIV or Terra from FFVI.

I have to believe that with the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising the Kid Icarus series will get some more characters. Magnus needs to be in there! :)

I still think the Smash series could use more villains and women.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@Ariand/AEM

I must say that you made a pretty solid roster there. It is definitely one I would be happy with. A few notes, though:

I don't recognize the character under The Iceclimbers. Who is that?

If Square Enix gives a character, I would rather it be someone non-generic like Cecil from FFIV or Terra from FFVI.

I have to believe that with the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising the Kid Icarus series will get some more characters. Magnus needs to be in there! :)

I still think the Smash series could use more villains and women.
Alright then, let's begin.

The character underneath the Ice Climbers is Takamaru, from Nazo no Murasame-jō a japanese only game. Sakurai has been taking an interest into him for sometime, and said that he would add him into SSB4 if he recieved another appearence. Recently he made a Cameo playable appearence in Samurai Warriors 3 in a Special level devoted to his game.

I don't think so. I think Final Fantasy games, as important as they are, aren't really coming to Nintendo consoles anymore. Dragon Quest though as recently been pulling the weight from the company. They have several games in development specifically for Nintendo's Consoles. If anyone is going to appear from that franchise it's certainly a Slime; but why not have the Slime with a name and go with Rocket? He has special abilities and can use attacks other Slimes can too. It's a win win situation in my book.

I had Magnus in my roster for some time, but I then realized that even though Sakurai's making the game. It took him until brawl to actually add more of his own characters other than Kirby. So I figured it would make more sense to not add one. But if I had to, I would most likely put in Medusa.

I mean Smash needs more villains and women right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom