• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So is Sin's roster now the golden standard for rosters? I think the last user who poster their roster just modified his.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One of the better balanced rosters seen. Just disagree with Sukapon and the lack of Dixie especially when StarFox and Kirby also have a new comer. DKC is a bigger franchise than those in the first place, and Diddy was long overdue. 4 characters for DKC, Kirby, StarFox and maybe Fire Emblem would be good.

But I kinda doubt Krystal, and Bandana Dee. Also do I doubt Toad and Bowser Jr. Let's just say, if Bowser Jr., Bandana Dee, Toad and Krystal, a long with F Zero getting a new rep, I'd like to have Dixie Kong with them. Especially when Mario can have 2 new comers. With that being said, I think that if we get 6 Mario characters, Dr.Mario will be one of them. Doesn't mean these 2 aren't better, cause they are but I just expect this yeah.

Also, Chrome could've made the list. Not that 4 characters are very likely, but Chrome will make it over Roy, unless they are remaking FE6 at this present time. It would be awesome to have 4 a them though.

But yeah, overall its good. It'd rather add characters to this than remove. Though, Sukapon has really been discredited. If anything, I'd add Dixie, Chrome, Palutena and Mach Rider.

Big props for mentioning Impa over Sheik though, but maybe Zelda / Sheik will be in the 3DS version. But yeah, love to see this happen.

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Sin's roster was really good. The only character that I remotely disagree with is Takamaru, but that is more or less because I do not think Takamaru is all that likely.

[COLLAPSE="Perfection"]

This is just for me. Might have even thrown in Bandana Dee, but I have my own roster for that. :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword Zelda + Sheik can't work.
OOT or Brawl TP Zelda, or just no Wii U version of Sheik.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not tonight Diddy. Just... Not tonight...

Thinking about this whole Impa situation causes me to reflect on something. I am happy for one thing over the past several months. People have begun to understand the things I have been saying about my little blue pal Slime. Now more people are open minded and thinking a little outside of the box. Before I came across, well, like Diddy Kong, but now the environment is not nearly as hostile as it once was.

Shut up Diddy

Star's roster -slime, +Isaac would be very good IMO.

Lolwut? I did not include Isaac. Besides, it is not my roster, it is Golden's. All I did was change two boxes, that's all. I did my real roster awhile back. It was more a less a test. To be perfectly honest I wanted to see what people thought of the design...

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lolwut? I did not include Isaac. Besides, it is not my roster, it is Golden's. All I did was change two boxes, that's all. I did my real roster awhile back. It was more a less a test. To be perfectly honest I wanted to see what people thought of the design...
-slime, +Isaac would mean take away Slime and add Isaac.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^^^ what he said.

I must've missed golden's roster. I tend to not read all of the posts and just skip around. Especially this last week because of impa's "popularity" in this thread.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is there a reason you think Mach Rider is more likely than Takamaru, Star? Going against conventions for the sake of it?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People from outside this thread talk about her, and I do not wanna come with a new debate. Just a new point. It's either TP / Wii U demo model(s) or straight up Wii U Zelda models for the Zelda cast, or more polished SS ones. Mixing up doesn't make sence.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is there a reason you think Mach Rider is more likely than Takamaru, Star? Going against conventions for the sake of it?
I just do not see Takamaru happening. Call it intuition. but I think the likeliest Samurai to grace the roster will be Goroh. Even if he is not the most exciting choice in my mind. I also look at what Sakurai said recently in regards to reviving another retro series and ask myself what would be likeliest? Mach Rider has the advantage of having been at one point at least considered, so he is a safer bet in my mind.

^^^ what he said.

I must've missed golden's roster.

It is essentially the one I posted minus Slime and Starfy, add Takamaru. Probably the best one on this board with Oasis and Shortie in close second.

D

Deleted member

Skyward Sword Zelda + Sheik can't work.
OOT or Brawl TP Zelda, or just no Wii U version of Sheik.

I posted a while back on my roster (prior to replacing Krystal with Little Mac) that the one who makes my Roster images uses the latest official artworks for characters, except when necessary (such as using Brawl artwork for Ice Climbers, Snake, G&W, etc.)

Zelda's latest artwork is from SS. Sheik's is from OoT.
Doesn't mean I view that it's the way it should be. If I was a hardass about what they would look like, I would keep the TP designs on my Roster due to the Wii U being similar.

@All who missed my Roster: Here it is again. (Don't worry, there is a Rockman version too, if you have that much a problem with Mega MAN.)

D

Deleted member

Mach Rider was considered? Since when?

When asked who his favorite character from Smash 64 was, Sakurai replied with Captain Falcon.

When asked who his favorite character for "Smash 2" would be, Sakurai replied with Mach Rider.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it really fair to say Mach Rider was given any more consideration than Takamaru? Sakurai has spoken VERY BRIEFLY on BOTH of them.

Takamaru, of course, has the advantage of ACTUALLY BEING POPULAR. It may only come from Japan, but at least it's coming from SOMEWHERE. Mach Rider is relatively unknown save for the forum goers.

D

Deleted member

People have begun to understand the things I have been saying about my little blue pal Slime. Now more people are open minded and thinking a little outside of the box. Before I came across, well, like Diddy Kong, but now the environment is not nearly as hostile as it once was.
The one thing I like about this community is that it is open-minded to potential characters that do work and that we are willing to express our desires for said characters and if we think they have a chance, explain to the audience as to why.

In the end, all of us have our preferences towards characters and we express them nearly every day (among other things about Smash 4). Perhaps that explains why I enjoy this community so much.

I'm going to be taking a much more relaxed and less serious approach to the thread. Over the past two days, my interest in Smash speculation has gone down a lot and I realized I have other interest I want to pursue. I'll still be around, but I won't be as active.

BTW, I sent you a PM. Apology if you don't feel like responding.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is it really fair to say Mach Rider was given any more consideration than Takamaru? Sakurai has spoken VERY BRIEFLY on BOTH of them.

Takamaru, of course, has the advantage of ACTUALLY BEING POPULAR. It may only come from Japan, but at least it's coming from SOMEWHERE. Mach Rider is relatively unknown save for the forum goers.
If Takamaru was truly as popular as many seem to claim he is Sakurai would not have gone along the lines of saying "yeah if he is in another game maybe I will consider him." Paraphrasing of course, but I think you get the drift. Mach Rider may not be very well known, but I would be willing to wager that is actually better.

The one thing I like about this community is that it is open-minded to potential characters that do work and that we are willing to express our desires for said characters and if we think they have a chance, explain to the audience as to why.

In the end, all of us have our preferences towards characters and we express them nearly every day (among other things about Smash 4). Perhaps that explains why I enjoy this community so much.

I'm going to be taking a much more relaxed and less serious approach to the thread. Over the past two days, my interest in Smash speculation has gone down a lot and I realized I have other interest I want to pursue. I'll still be around, but I won't be as active.

BTW, I sent you a PM. Apology if you don't feel like responding.
I know you have, I just have not had the chance to respond.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't feel that Mach Rider OR Takamaru have that much of a chance. I mean, I know they're both Nintendo history, but unless Sakurai's suddenly taken a liking to them, I don't really see either happening.

Quick update to my roster, replacing Sukapon with Ray 01.

And @ Diddy, DKC is most definitely NOT a bigger series than Kirby. And honestly, I wouldn't exactly consider it bigger than Starfox either. It's a great series, don't get me wrong, but bigger than Starfox and Kirby? No way.

Also, Doc and Dixie are in the roster, but as Alt Costumes. So, technically, you're still getting both.

D

Deleted member

If Takamaru was truly as popular as many seem to claim he is Sakurai would not have gone along the lines of saying "yeah if he is in another game maybe I will consider him." Paraphrasing of course, but I think you get the drift. Mach Rider may not be very well known, but I would be willing to wager that is actually better.

I know you have, I just have not had the chance to respond.
But that's not the case. -_-
What was said that if the game ever got a sequel, he'd probably get in Smash.
What this implies is that having a sequel would give him more of a chance than not having one.
Not that he HAS to have a sequel to have any sort of chance.

Why people always say that he will only be considered with a sequel, I have no idea...

@wildvine: Yes. The Donkey Kong series AS A WHOLE is bigger to Nintendo than Kirby or StarFox. Especially before StarFox. The series is Nintendo's 4th best selling series. The ones above it? Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
But that's not the case. -_-
What was said that if the game ever got a sequel, he'd probably get in Smash.
What this implies is that having a sequel would give him more of a chance than not having one.
Not that he HAS to have a sequel to have any sort of chance.

Why people always say that he will only be considered with a sequel, I have no idea...

@wildvine: Yes. The Donkey Kong series AS A WHOLE is bigger to Nintendo than Kirby or StarFox. Especially before StarFox. The series is Nintendo's 4th best selling series. The ones above it? Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.
Really? Even more than Kirby? That is actually really surprising, I thought at LEAST Kirby, being one of the big 4, would be more popular, but damn, it seems like DK is a bigger series. I guess 4 characters for DK is more likely than I thought. I dunno if that warrants Dixie being added to my roster yet, but it's definitely something to think about.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Honestly, I don't feel that Mach Rider OR Takamaru have that much of a chance. I mean, I know they're both Nintendo history, but unless Sakurai's suddenly taken a liking to them, I don't really see either happening.
Well he has SOMEBODY in mind.

...When asked by NP about reviving another dormant franchise or character, Sakurai mused that if there was such a character, he might be planning it for the next Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom